not the same

Hopes, Dreams and Maybe Love

Yongguk and Junhong were back in the training studio after a quick lunch, gobbling down their food from the small cafetaria within minutes. It wasn't because the food was exceptionally good or anything. On the contrary, it was one of the worst cafetarias and they both were wondering when the company would realise that. That wasn't the point though, it was more because they hadn't had much time to spare. At the moment, nothing was more important than all the practice they had to get together with the rest of the group. 

The rest of the members soon came filing in one by one after their own personal training schedules and greeted one another warmly. Group practices took place in the second half of the entire time they spent in the training centre everyday. But their hours had increased drastically now that they were fighting to stay on the road to success. Since their dorms were just nearby, their trainers weren't going to go easy on them, only allowing them to be released late into the night. The group didn't go easy on themselves either, staying as late as possible or as early into the morning as they could bear. But it was definitely taking its toll on them. 

Dieting and rigorous work out schedules had also kicked in, along with their added training hours. School was starting to be a problem for all of them, falling asleep and handing homework in late was a common occurrence such that the teachers couldn't even be bothered to chase them much anymore. It wasn't that they didn't try, they did really, to the best they could. There wasn't anything more the six of them could do about it though, they were chasing their dreams and that was the only thing that mattered to them. 

Youngjae and Daehyun quickly set down their stuff and started on the song they had been going over since the start of the week. Yongguk was proud to say they had improved loads within the limited time they had for it. Himchan arrived later and quickly joined in, apologetic about being late. Jongup joined Junhong on the other side of the room, and continued choreographing the dance that they had left off last night. Their dance trainer would be assessing their dance and that put an infinite amount of stress on the two youngest members and for once they didn't quite enjoy dance as much as they used to. Junhong fumbled over the dance steps they had choreographed the night before, body lagging behind what his brain told him to do. He was tired, weary and very much disappointed in himself. Why can't I just get it right, Jongup is doing just fine, he told himself. He could tell that Jongup was a little frustrated at their lack of progress, though he did a good job hiding it, patiently guiding the maknae through the steps over and over again.

Yongguk watched them battle against there tiredness and frustration, sighing. It wasn't easy to watch them struggle. "You two are doing good, keep going okay, don't give up,"he shouted across the room. The two looked his way and instantly their faces brightened up. Their steps cleared and the dance went on smoothly. Yonnguk smiled, sometimes those two just needed a little push to get them going.

Shaking his head,  Yongguk placed his attention back on the blank page of his notebook placed before him and sighed. He hadn't made much progress with the task he had at hand and it was more than a little worrisome. He was supposed to write a rap which would be also assessed by the trainers, because really, what was there that they did that wouldn't be judged and criticed. Yongguk didn't really mind though, he just didn't want to pull Junhong down along with him because this rap was also for Junhong to perform, with him. Then it hit him, why not write about the two of them. What would be easier than writing their own story down with paper and pen. 

Their memories and times spent together flowed onto the paper as it filled with inked words. The scribbles and scrawls were occasionally crossed out, replaced, removed and soon the finished work lay before Yongguk. Rapping the lyrics quietly under his breath, he smiled his gummy smile. He liked the rap more than any of his previous compositions because it was about him and Junhong. Yonnguk was so proud of Junhong. They had made it this far together and the younger had grown so much along the way . Yongguk looked toward Junhong who was still hard at work and realized that he could barely find that same Junhong he had found in the studio for the first time in the Junhong that stood before him now.

Gone was the chubby cheek fats and plump limbs, effects of the dieting. In its place were lean toned features, effects of all the working out. Gone was the poofy head of hair, effects of the care and attention put into the grooming of their appearance. In its place was a head of sleek brown chestnut hair, effects of the hair dye each one of them had that seeped into their scalp, removing their original hair colors. Gone was the complaints and whining when exhaustion kicked in, effects of growing up. In its place was a quiet determination and well hidden weariness, effects of chasing a dream. 

The only thing that hadn't changed in Yongguk's opinion was the fact that he was still Junhong, his Junhong, and nothing would ever be able to change that. Yongguk's heart thumped a little faster all of a sudden as he watched Junhong dance. He had an inkling of what he was feeling. He wouldn't lie, he knew he felt something for Junhong. He had all along, he just never acknowledged it he realised. But it was wrong, he told himself, it wasn't right to feel this way. He bit his lip and pushed all the thoughts about Junhong away. Things should stay the way they have always been, he told himself. "Don't screw up anything, not now when we are so close to reaching our dreams," he chastised himself silently.