vulnerable moments

Hopes, Dreams and Maybe Love

Yongguk stepped into his shared bedroom to check if Junhong was up yet. Hearing the gentle even breathing under the bundle of covers, he smiled. Junhong rarely slept past 7 in the morning but when he did he was like a dead log. Shuffling past the foot of the bed, Yongguk sat down by the side of the bed, gently lifting the covers. Chuckling at the messy disheveled tufts of hair peeking out, Yongguk patted his head, "Wake up Junhong ah. It's 7.40 already. We are going to be late." A muffled groan travelled through the layer of cotton and fluff, coming out muffled.

Yongguk snorted and peeled the covers off Junhong, revealing him lying in a fetal position, curled up tightly in a ball. Tapping on his shoulder, Yongguk called Junhong's name repeatedly but Junhong didn't stir. That's weird Yongguk thought, it was usually hard to wake Junhong up but this time he wasn't even stirring. He placed his hand against Junhong's forehead and it felt heated. Junhong shivered at the contact as his long limbs curled around himself even more. Oh dear, Yongguk thought, he's sick. 

He put the blanket over Junhong again as he walked out the door to inform the other members about Junhong's condition. He put Himchan in charge and then returned to the bedroom. This time Junhong was awake, looking up at him with heavily lidded eyes. "Guk...Gukkie Hyung my throat hurts." He croaked. Yongguk grimaced at the hoarseness of his voice and nodded, quickly running to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. 

Carefully balancing the glass of water in his hands, Yongguk hurried back to the room. He gently placed the cup in Junhong's hands and watched quietly as he sipped the water slowly. "Junhong ah we need to get you to the doctor okay, so we have to go out for a while. You can sleep and rest all you want when we get back okay." Junhong just groaned softly in response. Yongguk smiled and raised his two thumbs in a good sign. Standing, he went and picked out decent enough clothes. As he helped Junhong change he couldn't stop the heat from rising up his cheeks. But he quickly shook those thoughts away, bringing Junhong to the doctor was what he needed to focus on.

When the two of them finally managed to get back from the clinic, Junhong was not the only tired one. Yongguk felt his entire back aching from having to manage lugging half of Junhong's weight around while walking. The two of them ended up slumped on Junhong's bed and just a few moments later, Junhong's head lolled onto Yongguk's shoulder as he fell into a deep slumber. The sudden weight on his shoulder jolted Yongguk up as he was reminded of Junhong's medication time. Sighing, he heaved himself off the comfortable bed and carefully placed Junhong into a comfortable position.

When he finally came back with a bowl of borridge and medicine, Junhong had just starred to stir. Squirming under the covers, Junhong finally peeked out his head groggily. Yongguk laughed at the sight,"Junhong ah it's time to eat abit and take your medication!" Not surprisingly, Junhong shook his head stubbornly. Yongguk brought the tray of food and medicine over and placed it on the side table. He pulled Junhong up slowly and placed him in a sitting position.

In his still half asleep state, Junhong finished the bowl of porridge, hand fed to him by a very patient Yongguk. Yongguk sighed in relief, it was never easy to force feed someone who was sick. Occasionally he even had to clean up the trickle of porridge down Junhong's chin, on top of gently blowing the porridge to cool it down. He quickly popped the medication in Junhong's mouth and gave him a few drinks of water. Junhong groaned in disgust at the bitter aftertaste of the pill, disgruntled. Yongguk gave him a tight hug and a few pats on the back to make things easier. 

It seemed to have worked as Junhong relaxed and kept silent. However moments later, stifled sobs were heard as Junhong burried deep into Yongguk's shoulder blade. "Gukkie Hyung, I miss my family." He whispered. Yongguk realised how none of them had been back to see their family in a long while, there was just no time for it. He couldn't do anything about it though and it hurt him to see Junhong's choked up state. He pulled Junhong in tighter and gently kissed the crown of his head. "It's okay Junhong ah, it's okay. I get how you feel, just stay strong a little longer alright? We are going to get through this together and the rest of them will always be here with you too okay? You are stronger and braver than you think you are." Junhong didn't say anything, but Yongguk felt his breathing even out and soon, he was sound asleep in his arms.

Carefully, Yongguk placed him back down on the bed and tucked him in, eyes slightly glistening. Ever since that day he first met Junhong, he had blossomed and grew, but the bravery and strength he had to keep pushing through never wavered. Yonnguk was so proud, so proud of Junhong. But deep down, he felt sorry, sorry that he could not provide the warmth of his true family but he knew he loved him just as much, in what way though he didn't want to decide for now

He bent down and pressed his lips gently against Junhong's warm forehead and decided that these little things would suffice for now.

 


 

Hey guys, so sorry for the sudden break in updates, I had a ton of work to finish and a concert to prepare for. Hope you guys are still hanging around though and that you have enjoyed this chapter! :)