what is love

Hopes, Dreams and Maybe Love

Yongguk entered the pitch black room and trudged over to his bed, exhaling softly as he sunk slowly into the soft comfort, but it wasn't enough. The alarm clock flashed 2.10 in the morning and Yongguk wanted to rest more than anything but he was still bugged by the day's uneventfulness. He couldn't put down the fact that their assessment performance had been critisized so harshly by their trainers. They said they weren't up to standards, not good enough,  not powerful, not impactful. 

Yongguk had looked at each and everyone's face and his heart hurt. He saw how hard they were trying to contain their disappointment and Yongguk felt it too, worse still even because he had tried so hard to lead them well. They held it in till they got back to their dorms, not wanting or feeling like talking about it much. But Yongguk knew that as they split up and went into their own rooms, their hearts were all heavy. 

Junhong had quietly entered their room and lay down, eyes closed. Yongguk knew he didn't want to talk, and he too wouldn't have really known what to say. So he turned off the lights and left Junhong to rest, he'd talk to the entire group the next day he decided, when they were less upset about the matter. But as he sat on his bed in the dark, he realized he didn't know what to say. As just a member, there was so much he felt, so much to say. But as a leader, things weren't just that simple and he felt the burden, the weight heavy on his shoulders.

Junhong fidgeted under his covers and sat up, looking over at Yongguk. "Are you okay Gukkie Hyung?" He asked quietly. The silence was held in the room and so Junhong untangled himself from his covers and sat himself down beside Yongguk. He didn't say anything, just wrapping his lanky arms around Yonnguk's broad shoulders comfortingly.

Yongguk found it ironic that Junhong, the youngest was comforting him, who was supposed to be taking the lead and staying strong for the group. But he couldn't care anymore as he leaned against Junghong and listened to their breathes mingling together in the peaceful silence. As he leaned deeper into Junhong and rested his head on his, his heart felt so much lighter and carefree. The problems before didn't seem as big anymore and he knew it'd be always better the next day, Junhong always told him that. 

After a long while, Junhong spoke up, "Gukkie Hyung you shouldn't stress yourself okay. We are all here to help you and I'm not a kid anymore you know, I can always share your burden, just like how you've always been helping me along. You've helped me so much I don't even know why you care for me so much. But I love you Gukkie Hyung!" 

Yongguk's heart fluttered at Junhong's sudden sweet confession and he was thankful that the dark hid his sudden shyness. He knew what he was feeling and after all this while he was sure that he did actually love Junhong. And it wasn't as a brother or a bandmate or a friend. It was more than that, Junhong was so much more.

But he knew well that things didn't work that way. It'd do more bad than good and honestly it would risk everything they had. Yongguk knew better than to do anything stupid. And the most important thing was, he was sure Junhong didn't have any feelings towards him in the way he did. It felt anything but pleasant as he realized this and he slowly gulped, trying to resist the waves of disappointment and upset. 

He turned back to Junhong and quietly whispered a thank you, sounding slightly choked although he was truly sincere in his words. He was thankful, so very thankful for Junhong. Junhong sensed that he didn't feel like talking and so he lay down on the bed, pulling Yongguk down along with him. 

Yongguk stiffened slightly as Junhong wrapped his arms around him tighter and snuggled against him. But as he watched Junhong falling into a peaceful slumber, he decided that having Junhong around with him was more than enough. He'd just have to deal with it. 

He felt at peace once again as he watched as the moonlight filtered through the window and fell against Junhong's porcelain like skin, lightly accentuating his angelic features. He listened to the soft breaths playing a light rhythm on his shoulder and shivered. He didn't know what he had done to deserve such a beautiful angel in his life, so gentle and always kind.

Yongguk leaned down and placed his lips gently against Junhong's forehead, heart thumping just a beat faster. He just felt that it was right and true enough it didn't feel wrong. He'd just kissed his one and only Junhong, his angel, his warrior.