confused hearts

Hopes, Dreams and Maybe Love

Junhong scratched his head, confused and lost. Staring at Yongguk sitting on the opposite side of the room, he wondered if he had done anything wrong. It wasn't that Yongguk was outrightly stating that he was angry or unhappy about anything, but Junhong could sense that something was wrong. He felt as if Yongguk was putting a little distance between the two of them. Junhong wouldn't lie and say it didn't hurt him when he thought about it, after all it was Gukkie Hyung he was talking about here, that one special person he had been relying on for so long. 

Junhong had zoned out for a moment and so he reeled back when someone placed their hand on his shoulder all of a sudden. Turning around he saw Himchan standing before him. "Junhong ah are you okay? You seem a little out of it these few days, are you unwell or something?"Himchan asked gently. Junhong forced a small grin and said,"Yeah I'm fine I guess, just a little tired." Himchan sighed and ruffled Junhong's hair affectionately,"Alright just tell us if you need a break okay, don't tire yourself out yeah?" Junhong nodded his head slightly, feeling a little better. Himchan then turned away and scurried over to Jongup who had been having a little trouble with his lines in the new song they were practicing. Himchan had somehow became the umma of the group, not that anyone minded.

"Okay, we should start on the dance now, we've left it aside for awhile too long," Yongguk spoke up after sitting in the corner, resting in silence for awhile. Junhong looked at him and realised he looked pretty haggard and worn. He wished Yongguk would tell him what was wrong, but if he didn't want to then he wouldn't push it. The rest of the group pushed themselves off the ground, groans and mutters filling the room. But they didn't mind it as much as they complained, it just helped to complain a little. It made things a little easier, not for Junhong though, there was something at the back of his mind that kept bugging him and he knew what it was, or more of who it was.

Yongguk walked over to the music player and started the music, his body weary. But he was the leader, he wasn't supposed to show his weaknesses or fatigue. The group would be disappointed in him if he did he felt. He stumbled back into position and they started going through the choreography, movements slightly sleeker and sharper than the last time they did it. Halfway through the dance, Junhong ended up looking towards Yongguk and his thoughts drifted. He hadn't noticed but his body went slack for a moment and he knocked Daehyun over, who was supposed to take his place in the next segment of the dance. He gasped in shock as he saw Daehyun's face contort in pain. Before he could utter an apology though, Yongguk quickly spoke up,"Daehyun ah are you okay? Youngjae, Jongup, help him up to the side. Rest a bit okay Daehyun ah." Then he turned to Junhong and Junhong could see a flash of disappointment in his eyes. He bit his lip, face growing hot. "Pay more attention, Junhong ah."Yongguk said quietly. 

Junhong felt as if he had been slapped in the face, Yongguk had never taken this tone with him. He didn't understand, couldn't understand what he had done wrong, why Yongguk had been so quiet around him lately. He felt lost and lonely, like the times where he had felt vulnerable and Yonnguk hadn't been there to cheer him up. He swallowed hard and averted his eyes, looking instead at the ground. "Sorry," he whispered, he walked over to Daehyun who seemed to be in less pain already and again repeated his apology. Then, he walked out of the room quietly, eyes stinging with tears he tried hard to hold back. 

Yongguks eyes widened as he realised what he had done, he hadn't meant it. He wanted to stop Junhong, but all of a sudden he found himself unable to make a sound and so he watched silently as Junhong's figure retreated down the hallway, forlorn and sad. 

The room was left in a slightly tense and awkward silence, before Youngjae turned back to fuss over Daehyun and Jongup followed suit. Yongguk exhaled loudly, running a hand through his hair roughly. He felt like crap really, he hadn't meant to hurt Junhong. He had seen the look in Junhong's eyes and it was like a slap back to himself. Himchan looked at him, brows furrowed with worry,"Yongguk you okay? Want me to go check on Junhong?" Yongguk nodded, thankful for Himchan's quiet considerations.

He slinked off to the corner and slid to the floor. The stress had been building up and as a leader the responsibility of getting the group together and making sure everyone was improving and doing well was not easy. Not to mention he still had a rap feature he needed to work on for his sunbaes song he would be rapping in. It had been great news at first, but the pressure was no joke. He wanted so badly to carve out a path for the group, make his name known, so that their debut might be smoother. He knew he had been really quiet the past few days around Junhong, but he couldn't help it, he was just too tired. He hadn't meant to be so harsh with Junhong, he had just been worried for Daehyun.

He felt like everything he was doing seemed wrong and he needed to think of how to fix things up, work things through, but he just couldn't stop thinking about Junhong for a moment. That bothered him quite abit.