hidden thoughts

Hopes, Dreams and Maybe Love

Junhong rushed into the washroom and closed the door behind him. Looking at his reflection in the mirror, he inhaled a deep breath and sighed. He shouldn't have walked out on them, they hadn't had alot of time already right from the start. I'm being such a burden he thought. He cringed at the thought of what the group must have felt about him as he had walked out the doors. 

But he couldn't help it, as much as he had pushed himself to grow up, catch up with the rest, there was still the part of him that was young and vulnerable. He put on a strong front for the group, never showing his weakness. Sometimes though, he wished he could just be himself, the young Junhong. Not the Junhong who had been forced to grow up and mature. He still needed love and care, he wasn't ready to stand up to everything alone. And so there was Yongguk. But this time round, Yongguk wasn't there by his side, Junhong realized. That thought sent his eyes stinging and tearing once again. You shouldn't be selfish, Gukkie Hyung doesn't only have you to take care of, he reprimanded his reflection in the mirror, eyes red rimmed and face pale. He didn't really feel like believing that though. He just wanted Yongguk by his side, doing everything they used to do together. Don't be silly, grow up, he told himself.

He took a few more breaths, before deciding it was well past the time he should have spent in here. Putting on a brave front again, he stepped out of the washroom, only to be met by a worried faced Himchan. Himchan noted his watery eyes and asked,"You alright? You know Yongguk didn't mean to hurt you in anyway right? Honestly I think it's just because of all the work and to add on to that he has to deal with us five monkeys. So don't take it to heart alright, just go and talk to him or something, you both care about each other." Junhong nodded, he had been too immature about this, there wasn't going to be a second time he promised himself.

The door to the studio creaked open and the remaining members in the room looked to it, other than Yongguk, who was still feeling ashamed and sorry for his actions. Junhong saw the figure crouched over at the side of the room and cringed, hesitating for a moment. Jongup seemed to have noticed his worry and nudged him forward gently, encouraging smile on his face. Junhong inched his way forward, hating himself for bringing this mess upon himself. If only he had stopped thinking about Yongguk for a moment and focused on the dance. Just when he was about to open his mouth, Yongguk looked up at him, causing his mouth to close and open again like a goldfish.

Yongguk had seen his approaching footsteps and knew how difficult he had found it to approach him. He hated this distance he had placed between himself and Junhong. He had neglected him, he wouldn't deny and he was sad at what it had become. He looked up at Junhong, eyes glistening with sincerity and honesty,"Junhong ah come here, sit down." Junhong nodded and sat himself down wordlessly. "I'm sorry okay, I didn't mean to do any of that. It's just that I... I've been having alot to do recently and I got a little stressed up just now. I don't think its a good enough reason but I hope you can forgive me?" He watched for Junhong's reaction with a bated breath. Junhong smiled brilliantly and said,"Its okay Gukkie Hyung, I can't ever stay mad at you...it's just that I missed you!" With that he gave Yongguk a tight hug.

Yongguk couldn't help but flinch a little at the sudden contact. He gulped nervously as he felt his face start to flush a little. Crap, he thought, get over yourself. He didn't pull away from Junhong, but he noticeably stiffened. He had thought with all the stress and work piling, those feelings he had towards Junhong would just fade away with time. Apparently it didn't. It was starting to worry him a little, he didn't want to screw things up anymore than he had. Before he could think about it any longer though, Junhong pulled away and the room was suddenly filled with whoots and wolf whistles. 

"Oh my gosh you guys are such drama queens. I thought I was going to die watching the two of you and I thought I was bad enough," Daehyun cried exasperatedly. The rest laughed as Youngjae hit Daehyun on the shoulder,"Don't laugh at the lovely Banglo okay, you'll hurt their feelings." This sent the two on the other side of the room flushing red with the cheesy pairing nickname given to them. Himchan chuckled and put the nonsense to a stop,"Okay see this is what happens when we are stupid and get into fights, so let's make sure we don't have anymore of this nonsense. This calls for a group hug!" With that all six of them rushed into a tight circle, sweaty and sticky skin pressed against one another. It wasn't exactly pleasant really, but the six of them didn't complain, they were just glad things had worked out, for Yongguk not really, but still he was happy too.

Practice went on smoothly for the rest of the day, with all lingering unhappiness quickly swept to the side and left forgotten. They had finished perfecting the dance and could now all do it with closed eyes. They even had time to start on the new song that had been assigned to them. Junhong couldn't be any happier, Yongguk was back to how he always was, kind, cheerful and caring. It was a different story for Yongguk though, although he had resolved his problems with Junhong, he had created another one for himself. He couldn't seem to get his eyes of Junhong.