great people

Hopes, Dreams and Maybe Love

Yongguk knew that the six of them needed to get to know each other before they could work together properly as a team. It didn't matter if he and Junhong were as close as ever, it wasn't just the business of the two of them. All six of them had two stick together, hold on tight because this journey wasn't going to be easy. As a leader, this was his responsibility and he was going to make sure they became family by the time the journey truly started. 

And so that was how six sweaty boys, just done with their daily training, ended up sitting in a circle in the middle of the training studio at ten in the night. It was a pretty funny sight, resembling six timid kids getting ready for show and tell. Yongguk cleared his throat and smiled,"Okay so... We're going to work together and make sure we debut. We all know how it's like when people don't succeed so we got to make sure that doesn't happen to us okay? So we should get to know each other and bond and hopefully become family with one another." 

Everyone nodded in agreement and the trainee with a mop of the black hair suggested,"How about we introduce ourselves, give some background knowledge?" Without waiting for a reply, he eagerly continued,"Okay so I'm Kim Himchan, the second oldest here I guess, and so I basically got scouted and so I joined this industry, fell in love with pop music and tadah here I stand. You probably wouldn't guess but I play traditional korean instruments woohoo don't judge okay I'm cool." The group laughed at his boisterous and cheeky attitude. Himchan's cheerful and enthusiastic personality rubbed off everyone and the awkwardness was soon forgotten. 

The next trainee was a boy with dirty blonde hair, facial features slightly kid like but yet having a perfectly toned body. He was an interesting 3 dimensional person least to say because he started off his introduction with an imitation of a turtle. He crouched down, tucking his head in and then extending is neck out. The room fell into a silence before all of them guffawed, clutching their stomachs as they laughed and rolled about. The boy seemed unfazed by their reaction though, simply seating himself back on the floor comfortably and starting his introduction,"I'm Moon Jongup and I love dance. Yeah I love dance and um I... I love dance. So that's why I'm here and I'm the second oldest here. I know Junhong and Himchan Hyung pretty well already." As Yongguk watched Himchan ruffle the younger boy's hair affectionately, he belatedly realised he was that same boy he had once seen talking to Junhong in the studio. He was glad Jongup had made it this far too.

Next up was the trainee who wore a mask over his mouth. His eyes crinkled into full crescents as he started,"Hello friends, I'm Jung Daehyun, vocalist who aspires to be like IU and do those lalala octaves. Oh and if you were wondering about the mask, I don't know why I wear it actually, just a habit, I guess, I'm not sick or anything. I joined for singing duh and performing because I like the stage pretty much. I'm a big eater, a glutton. I like cheesecake whoop hint hint. I like you all already and I hope you like me too. Oh and I talk a lot sometimes." The group could only smile at his last sentence, laughing at how he had admitted it like it was something he was really proud of. "Yeah we can kind of tell," Himchan snickered, causing the rest of the group to break out into laughter, watching as Daehyun pretended to be offended and huffed.

Fourth to go was Junhong and Yongguk couldn't help but smile as he watched him. Junhong was slightly nervous, being the youngest one and all, but all of them were really nice and friendly which helped calm his nerves a lot. He looked up to Yongguk and saw him smiling at him, grinning back he said,"I'm Junhong, Choi Junhong and I'm the maknae but I kind of don't do aegyo so someone save me. I joined because well I just love rap, music, dance and stuff. I'm from Mokpo and I think I would have been a soccer player, I would like to believe a good one, if I hadn't found interest in music. I like you all already Hyungs and I really hope we can debut together as a nice big family." The group found Junhong really likeable and Daehyun managed to reach over and pinch Junhong's cheek, despite the younger's really noisy dissaproval. Yongguk chuckled, trust Junhong to be such a cutie thought. 

The trainee seated beside Daehyun went next. Hi cheeks were slightly chubby, not in a bad way though. He smiled brilliantly, the kind where entire rows of white pearly teeth showed,"I'm Yoo Youngjae and I sing, probably not Daehyun Hyung's style though, I'd probably die trying. And I used to be a trainee somewhere else but I stopped for awhile and I'm glad I came back and met you guys, you guys are such fun people to be around." The group nodded in approval of his last sentence, until Youngjae said cheekily,"Or... Maybe not!" which had him receive a few slaps on his thigh which had him immediately rolling on the ground in pain and retorting,"Hey I was just joking!" The others could only laugh at his misery.

When they finally settled down again, everyone looked towards Yongguk expectantly and he looked back at them in confusion,"What? Did I do something wrong?" A few of them facepalmed at the same time, impressively in sync, before Junhong very kindly reminded him while giggling that he hadn't introduced himself. Yongguk's mouth formed a circular o shape as he smacked his forehead like they had done just moments before. Sheepishly he started his introduction,"Um well you can tell that I'm probably going to be a really foolish leader, but I'll try my best and forgive me about that in advance before I do anything stupid, I have a good feeling I will. I'm Bang Yongguk, I'm a rapper and I was an underground rapper, before I started in this trainee business. I didn't actually want to at first but then I thought if I have a group of good people debut with me, it would probably be something I would enjoy greatly. I'm sure glad you guys are great people and I'm hoping, no I'm sure, that we will make it to the end together." The group cheered as they clapped their hands in glee. "We're great people, we're great people, we're great people,"Junhong and Jongup chanted together happily. Yongguk could only flash his gummy smile in agreement.

Yongguk's heart felt warm and content as he looked at the people sitting around him, they'd only been around one another for a short while but they were hitting off so well already, smiling and laughing and joking together. He was so grateful that they were all such nice people, but deep down he was most grateful that he had been put into a group with Junhong. Though hadn't shown it, he had been worried and pained about thinking of separation before. Now, he couldn't ask for more.