not okay

Hopes, Dreams and Maybe Love

The next morning consisted of a silent breakfast with only the clinking of spoons against ceramic bowls filled with soggy cereal. Nobody noticed the tension in the air and how Junhong and Yongguk were sitting at far opposites of the table because it was early in the morning and they could barely keep their eyes open. It should have been obvious though because it was rare for them to sit anywhere but beside one another.

Sure enough, Jongup quickly picked it up and soon sensed that something was fishy. He often pretended not to notice or know things but he honestly could be the most sensitive member at times. He watched the two of them in amusement as they stared hard at their barely touched cereal bowl placed before them, obviously trying not to look each other in the eye. Jongup though secretly to himself, "They look as if they are in a lover's spat."

He restrained the urge to laugh at their awkwardness that was as clear as could be and instead set to think about what could have caused their sudden silence. Were they mad at each other? No, it didn't seem like they were angry. It was more of a silence because they didnt know what to say to each other? Had one of them caught the other doing something embarrasing? Perhaps that was the case, Jongup decided. He set his mind to ask Junhong about the matter later when they could speak in private. 

An hour later, the members were all packed into the studio and the day's training started. Jongup looked towards Junhong and not surprisingly Yongguk wasn't there as he usually would be by his side. Instead, the two were sitting as far as they could get. Yongguk was hunched in a corner beside the loudspeaker while Junhong sat with his back facing his hyung near the door. Looking carefully at the both of them, Jongup realized how haggard they seemed. Seriously what had the two of them done? Jongup was starting to get worried, they were so out of it and their eyes were so bloodshot it was evident that neither had gotten any rest the past night. 

As discreetly as possible, Jongup walked towards Junhong and tapped him lightly on the shoulder, motioning for him to follow him out the room. Junhong had a puzzled look on his face but didnt question Jongup as he followed him silently. As they walked along the corridor, Jongup didn't speak and neither did Junhong and so they were silent until Jongup entered an empty studio and sat down on the bench by the wall, motioning for Junhong to sit by his side.

"Okay go, spill whatever's on your mind right now. I won't judge and I won't say anything about it. You just looked like you needed to say what's on your mind because I won't lie, you look like a walking zombie." Jongup stated directly as soon as Junhong sat down on the bench. The latter felt as if a wave of cold water had been splashed on him and he shivered at the thought of the huge horrendous mess he had made and how he couldn't even face Yongguk now. He averted his eyes from Jongup who was waiting for him to speak and gulped. It'd been bad enough to have revealed his feelings to Yongguk and he was sure as hell that he wasn't ready to open up to anyone else about the matter. On top of that he was more than worried that the members would shun him if they found out about his newfound feelings for Yongguk. It wasn't an overstatement to say he was afraid because in that moment, he did feel afraid and small and oh so vulnerable.

Jongup could more or less guess that Junhong had done something that he wasn't ready to share by himself and so he decided to slowly pry it out from the younger boy. "Is this about Yongguk Hyung?" He asked quietly as he looked forward at the mirror before them. In their reflections, he saw how Junhong's face turned a shade darker, cheeks tinted pink. Junhong spluttered and then went silent, not knowing how to react to the sudden question that had hit the nail right on the head. Jongup resisted the urge to laugh at his reaction that gave it all away and instead stifled his laughter as he asked again, "So...do you like Yongguk Hyung?" Junhong's head snapped towards Jongup as his face held an expression alike to one of an owl caught in the middle of the headlights. 

This time Jongup couldn't keep back the laughter as he let out a hearty laugh at Junhong's ridiculously funny expression. Junhong however wasn't getting the joke and was more bewildered than before as he asked frantically, "What's wrong, did I say something? Or what did I do?" Jongup took awhile to regain his original composure as he assured Junhong that no nothing was wrong, just his expression. "So what do you feel about Yongguk Hyung? Do you like him? Just so you know I won't feel any different even if you do and I'm confident that all the others won't either. If it's easier for you I'll spill my secret too. I think Himchan Hyung is pretty hot and maybe one day I'm going to tell him about it." Jongup urged Junhong cheekily as he saw how close Junhong was to finally spilling.

Junhong felt as if the entire day had been a roller coaster of emotions. So it was okay to like Yongguk Hyung? Jongup actually liked Himchan Hyung? He wasn't going to get pushed away even if they knew about what he actually felt? For a moment he felt a little safer, a little more secure and so he decided that just for the moment he was going to just say what he actually meant. He took a deep breath and with thoughts of here goes nothing, he said "Okay I like him. No I love him. Okay actually I don't know, I don't know I'm just so confused. I kind of told him about him. It was so bad I don't even know what I was thinking... I..." Junhong's words trailed off as a mask of desperation and frustration shaded his face. 

Jongup knew Junhong was probably new to this feeling and how he would be feeling anything but comfortable and so he decided not to tease Junhong about it even though he really just wanted to go "Hah finally you realise how you feel about him, well done!" Instead, he calmly consoled the distraught boy, "It's alright Junhong, things aren't as bad as you think they are. First of all if you are feeling bad or anything about loving or liking Yongguk Hyung, don't okay, it's perfectly alright and you shouldn't make yourself feel horrible about it. Secondly I'm pretty sure Yongguk Hyung didn't mean anything he said or did if he hurt you, he probably loves you more than anything too. Just go and talk to him and clear things up. Don't be worried, we'll be there for you whatever the outcome so just go and find Yongguk Hyung and tell him what you really feel."

Junhong didn't know whether that was a smart move to make but more than anything he wanted to believe in Jongup and believe that everything was fine.