Chapter 16

Moving on from Grief

Chapter 16

 


 

Luhan grumbles as he tugs on the exposing frilly outfit that Baekhyun has somehow coerced him into wearing. The door opens, and Luhan makes his protests vocal, his back still to the door as he tugs on the silky material. He half expects a scolding from Baekhyun for stretching out the dress. Luhan sighs, hanging his head in defeat. He can already feel the leering smirk that Sehun will throw at him, and turns to try to convince Baekhyun to go with his original plan- Free's Nagisa. Apparently, throwing on a blue jersey and a swimsuit meant that there was no effort and Halloween demanded effort. And thus, Luhan stood, feeling increasingly despite the sheer silk that covered him.

"Baekhyun," Luhan began turning, before stopping, shock written all over his face, a tiny inkling of dread making its way to his gut. Sehun was going to rip Baekhyun's hard work into tiny little pieces. And Luhan might like that, but he also liked the effect that the tiny dress has on Sehun, the way the boy stares at him, lips slightly parted, eyes glazed over, only snapping to focus when Luhan 'accidently' drops a hairbrush, bending over to pick it up. He hears the clearing of a throat, and he smirks, draping himself on the table.

"Baek hyung sent me to get you," Sehun's voice seems unaffected, but Luhan knew the darkening of his eyes and he intentionally turns slowly, suddenly grateful to Baekhyun's intervention. He walks forward slowly, aware of the way the gauzy skirt floats over his waist, stopping mid thigh, the silk lace peeking from below it. The way the ribbon clinches his waist, making it look smaller, the white ribbon that was tied butterfly style on his hip, the sleeves widening at his wrist, making his slim hands look smaller, the simple touch of lace peeking from under the outfit making the already dark cloth even darker, the dark cloth making his skin seem paler, and Luhan can see the effects of his skimpy kimono on Sehun's face. The bright red lipstick that Baekhyun has forced on him makes Luhan feel powerful when he sees Sehun's gaze trapped on his lips. He closes his eyes, when he feels Sehun's dry hands clutch into the long strands of the red wig on his head, tilting his head upwards, his lips touching the closed kohl lined eyes.

Luhan smirks, opening his eyes, drinking in the sight of Sehun in a dark suit, his hair gelled up, sprayed blonde, with eyeliner darkening his eyelids, drawings on his face, his body. "I like the suit," he drawls, tugging Sehun closer, with hands his jacket. "I like the suit a lot," Luhan says again, pressing his body closer to the lithe body that he so adored.

Sehun smiles, his hands on the small waist of his partner, "I like the kimono?" He says, unsure if that was what the fabric that Luhan was wearing actually was. He was unsure if he liked the outfit, simply because of how pretty Luhan was, and Sehun knew the attention his boyfriend drew to himself. On the other hand, Sehun loves the way the Kimono looks on Luhan, loves the way Luhan looks so beautiful, almost like a princess, and tells him so, happy when Luhan's eyes light up.

"Baekkie made this. I have no idea what it is," Luhan confesses. "You should see what Xingie had to wear. I have no idea how he managed to fit into that leather outfit. Absolutely no idea." Luhan shakes his head, distangling himself from Sehun's hands. He goes back to the dresser, and attempts to fix the wig on his head, the red hair tangled when Sehun had tugged on it. With muttered curses, Luhan tugs and pulls, and the red mess on his head is far from saved. Sehun sits behind him, pulling Luhan into his lap, his hands sliding through the wig, gently combing through it, until the hair falls in straight waves, and Sehun's hands slide down to his waist while he presses a kiss to the slender shoulder, working his way to the thin neck before an irate Baekhyun barges in.

"He is supposed to be the Princess of Oni! Not a debauched lady of Japan!" The shriek rips through the air and Sehun casts an uninterested glance at the white skirt suit that encases Baekhyun, the dark suit that Jongdae has on, almost matching Sehun's. Baekhyun claps his hands, "Alright Demon boy and James Bond #1, Demon princess, we have to meet James Bond #2 and #3 as well as my unicorn and his rich idiot."

Sehun sighs, watching Baekhyun fuss with Luhan until he looks as perfect as he had been before Sehun had set foot into the room. Luhan bears the muss with little complaints for minutes before he starts to slap Baekhyun's hands away from him, escaping into the safety of Sehun's arms. With a smirk, Sehun tugs him downstairs, where they are greeted by Yixing in his white tight leather suit, a horn stuck on his forehead, his hair dyed a shimmering white with gold tips. Suho smiles, looking like a dashing prince in his white suit, Kai and Chanyeol in matching black suits, looking eerily similar to Sehun and Jongdae.

"How did the three of you manage to pull James Bond from the poll, I'll never know!, Baekhyun fumes at the lack of creativity in the room. "I could have dressed you up as anything. Anything at all. Damn the stupid circle of boredom who assigned you your costumes."

"It was a class, Baek," Jongdae calmly explains. "You know we get extra credit for dressing up as the characters we get assigned to examine. It's not my fault all of us have the same professor."

"You would think a literary professor would be more creative than this!"

Jongdae sighs, hand running through his hair, cursing when it gets stuck, in his overly gelled hair. He manages to dislodge his hand, shaking his head, watching fondly as Baekhyun adjusts Yixing's costume one last time, before they all get the go ahead to step out of the apartment. Sehun grumbles about having to cram into Jongdae's car, since Luhan refuses to ride in Chanyeol's and Kai goes where Luhan goes. Baekhyun screams shotgun and Chanyeol stands pitifully by himself. With a sigh, Sehun slides into the front seat of Chanyeol's car, grumbling when Luhan seems to be all sunshine and rainbows about being seperated. Chanyeol tries to offer comfort, but the demonic glower that Sehun had perfected, under the explicit instruction of a Byun Baekhyun, shuts him up quickly, and Sehun huffs, apologizing quietly.

"I like your company, really." Chanyeol smiles weakly, not mentioning that Sehun taps his wrist when he lies.

This would be an interesting Halloween.

 


 

Luhan curses Baekhyun, quite loudly, when he has to tug down his kimono for the umpteenth time. While the catcalls were met with casual smiles and pointing to his tall, very demonic looking boyfriend, Luhan absolutely detested those who tried to touch him. He dealt out more firm slaps than smiles, and runs to the student council room, near tears, as frustrating humans continue to frustrate him even more. Luhan sighs, his hands slapping his cheeks, in lieu of actually scratching his face, or rather Baekhyun's face off. Sehun takes his hands between his palms, a worried expression on his face.

"I am the Princess of Demons, and if you touch me one more time, I will curse you all to hell!" He growls, slamming the door shut behind him, a safe haven from the puns and stupid lines that stupid humans spout. Minseok deals him a sympathetic smile, his own costume having brought him little trouble. Apparently, dressing up as a cat was not as troublesome as a tiny kimono. Luhan would have thought that the y cat was more warrant for catcalls, pun intended. "Too many people wear this outfit. In my last class, there were six girls. Six girls dressed as cats. And none of them looked half as good as me."

Tao grins from his table, his panda ears sticking out on his head, as he laughs at Luhan's misfortune. In retaliation, Luhan kicks him, his stiletto digging into Tao's shin. Tao winces and turns to Suho with a pout, even as he playfully batters Luhan with his fist, with Luhan all to happy to retaliate. Suho simply laughs at their antics, eating the omelet that Minseok hands him.

Luhan wishes he had never let Baekhyun dress him up and vows never to let him pick clothes for him again.

"But then you'd probably end walking around in my clothes," Kai smirks. He does not even try to stop Sehun when the boy makes a move to smack him on the head, his smirk still in place.

 


 

Baekhyun smirks when he feels the calloused palms press against his waist, the white suit skirt crumpling under hasty fingers that tug, just a little too hard, at the zips. He turns, looping arms around the strong shoulders, mouth pressing against the jaw line he loved so much.

He hears the muted curses that Jongdae utters, as he fumbles with the zips, struggling to open them. Baekhyun lets him struggle, his mouth pressing down the angular column of throat, his fingers working on the buttons of Jongdae's shirt, his jacket already tossed on the floor.

"This is highly unfair," Jongdae mumbles, when Baekhyun unbuckles his pants and Jongdae stands in there, his black boxers the only clothing on his body whereas Baekhyun stood fully clothed. It is with a smirk that Baekhyun pushes Jongdae on bed, his skirt hiked up to his thighs as he straddles the younger boy, his mouth insistent on the pliable boy beneath him. Jongdae groans, his hands still working on the zips before giving up  his fingers curling into Baekhyun's shirt, sliding upwards to cup the angular face as he rocks his hips. Baekhyun smirks, his hands pressing down, his fingers lightly pressing against the hard muscle, pulling down the boxers, tossing them into some corner, before he goes back to kissing Jongdae.

"Baek. Please," Jongdae groans helplessly. It is only then does Baekhyun rear up, his jacket sliding off his shoulder, ing his shirt slowly. Jongdae's hands rest on the small waist, biting his lips in anticipation as inch by inch, the creamy skin is revealed. Baekhyun finally begins unhooking his skirt, his nimble fingers undoing the zippers, until he kneels bare, between Jongdae's legs. Jongdae tries to move, but Baekhyun pins him down, "let me do all the work," he purrs, and Jongdae swallows.

He nods, and his hands loops around Baekhyun's neck, as he pulls the boy down, mouths plastered together. Baekhyun presses closer, his fingers dancing along Jongdae's rear, and he relishes the gasps that Jongdae releases, his legs hooking around Baekhyun's back, as his back arches, his hands clenching in the sheets.

 


 

Luhan clings to Kai, dangling off his arm as they walk back to the apartment, and Kai chuckles, his jacket draping along Luhan's smaller frame, covering the risqué kimono. Chanyeol walks beside them, his long limbs swinging, and Kai pouts whenever he knocks into him, playfully smacking the taller guy. Luhan distangles himself from Kai, skipping to Minseok walking in front of them.

"I like your hair like this," Kai comments in a quiet voice, his arm hooking around Chanyeol's as they watch Luhan complain to Minseok about the injustices he has to face just by being Baekhyun's friend. Minseok agrees and the two have a wonderful time mouthing off about Baekhyun, their arms linked together. Chanyeol blinks and runs a hand through his stiff hair.

"Baekhyun forced me to cut it. I thought he was going to poke my  eye out with those scissors," Chanyeol's voice is morose as he remembers the black circle of hair on the floor, with Baekhyun waving around a pair of very dangerous scissors. He looked terrifying and Chanyeol was too scared to say no. Kai giggles, his body leaning against Chanyeol's, and Chanyeol's breath hitches a little, his cheeks reddening, as he curls an arm around Kai's waist.

Kai has to suppress his giggles when he sees the thumbs up Luhan throws at him and nearly bursts into laughter when he skips off with Minseok, dragging him to club. Kai and Chanyeol follow behind them, and Kai grips Chanyeol's arm, "I wonder what Sehun'll say about that," Kai waggles his fingers in Luhan's direction. Luhan tosses Kai's jacket onto a table, and takes the drink Minseok offers him. They both down the drink, and Minseok yanks Luhan to the dance floor. Luhan goes with him willingly, the two grinding against each other. Baekhyun sniffs in disgust, while Jongdae lounges next to him, looking rumpled, his suit creased in places, looking as though someone had hastily put it under an iron. Kai smirks, raising an eyebrow, and Jongdae shrugs, looking innocent.

Kai watches Sehun stare at them, and gently pats the taller male on the shoulder. Sehun smiles, "let him have his fun." Chanyeol returns to the table with two drinks and promptly hands one to Kai. "No drink for me?" Sehun drawls, his fingers tapping rapidly on the table, his eyes still on Luhan, even as he teases. Baekhyun scowls as he watches them dance, "shouldn't you do something," he snaps at  Sehun and he smiles patiently in response. It is in the middle of the song, when he finally stands, straightening his suit, his hair looked as if he had rolled out bed after a night of really good , the markings on his face, dark and bold, the muted lighting in club making him look more demonic than before. 

He strides over, his suit jacket flaring out behind out, and he smoothly slides between Luhan and Minseok. "I hope you don't mind me cutting in?" Sehun asks, even as he wraps a hand around Luhan's waist. Minseok shrugs, "I'm going to see if I can kidnap Jongdae. He shouldn't dress up like that if he doesn't want  to be hit on." Luhan laughs and waves him away, his hands looping around Sehun's neck. Sehun tugs the shorter boy closer, mouth pressing against his ear. "You really like making me jealous, don't you, my Xiao Lu?"

Luhan grins, shimmying against Sehun, turning so that his back is firmly pressed against Sehun, his pressed against Sehun's crotch. "You know me too well," Luhan teases, "why didn't you come sooner? I was getting bored."

"I figured I'd make you wait. Also, I knew Minseok hyung wouldn't do anything to you." Sehun leans down, his mouth working on the exposed skin. Luhan leans his head back, settling on Sehun's shoulder, the two swaying to a melody in their heads. Luhan tries to muffle a quiet moan when Sehun on his neck, turning so that he faces Sehun, his nose nudging his face up, their mouths meeting, and Luhan sighs into the kiss, sinking against Sehun.

He feel the hands spread against his back, pressing him closer, and Luhan's hand curl in Sehun's hair, his mouth parting against Sehun's. Luhan presses his body close, and Sehun dips him down, and Luhan giggles into the kiss.

Sehun pulls back when he runs out of oxygen, and he smirks at the dazed look on Luhan's face. "You know I love you right?" Sehun laughs when all Luhan does is press closer, his head nuzzling into Sehun's shoulder, a smile covering his face.

 


 

"Xing, I have to tell you something."

Yixing looks up from his bags, his hands stilling on the sort he is folding. He swallows, his mouth dry and he wonders if Joonmyeon has changed his mind about trying make their relationship work long distance. "What is it?"

"I've been invited. To an eight week exchange program. In London." Suho smiles nervously. Yixing's eyes widen, his hands clapping together, and he drops the shirt he is holding and lunges for his boyfriend. "That's great news!" He cheers, peppering Joonmyeon's face with kisses.

"When is it? Is it something that you've done before?"

"It starts a week after you leave. And I'll be back in December. Way before you. And I haven't done this before. I applied on the off chance, and I was surprised when I got accepted at all."

Yixing smiles, happily hugging Joonmyeon, "I'm so proud of you, baby."

Joonmyeon smiles, "what do you say we put off your packing and uhh...celebrate properly. I mean, you don't leave for another month," his mouth descending on Yixing's, with little preamble. Yixing is quick to divest Joonmyeon of his clothes, and chuckles when Joonmyeon has trouble sliding the white leather pants off of Yixing's hips.

 


 

"They look happy don't they?" Chanyeol asks nervously, playing with his empty glass. Kai hums noncommitedly, fingers playing with the napkin. 

"Wanna dance?" Kai asks suddenly, and Chanyeol drops his glass nervously. "I still don't know how to dance." 

Kai laughs, "I never did get to teach you, did I?" Chanyeol shakes his head, mute, and Kai stands, pulling him to his feet, "I'll teach you now. Come on," Kai says teasingly. Chanyeol follows him, eyes wide as he stumbles behind the tanned male. When Kai stands at the edge of the dance floor, he holds Chanyeol by the waist, and when he feels Chanyeol's hands on his back, he steps a little closer, his body pressing against Chanyeol's.

Chanyeol swallows and he tries to follow Kai's movements, his nervousness makes Kai laugh. "You're doing great, don't worry," Kai assures the tall giant, swaying close, his hands slide upwards, until they rest on Chanyeol's neck.

"You think?" Chanyeol blinks. "I know," Kai grins, and Chanyeol tucks his face into Kai's shoulder. Kai giggles, one hand going to Chanyeol's hair. They sway to the music, the steady thrum of vibrating sound rolling through their bodies. Kai feels content, his body tucked against Chanyeol's, the way his ears were bright red, his face hidden in Kai's shoulder, and yet his hands never left their place on Kai's waist and his feet still moving, matching Kai's beat for beat.

Kai has to contain his laughter, when he sees Luhan sneaking out with Sehun, the big smile and the hand pumped in the air, as if to encourage Kai. When Kai looks down, he sees the red staining the tips of Chanyeol's ears, and he has to smile. "You're not a bad dancer," he whispers, and he can feel Chanyeol's lips on his shoulder when they move, sending a slight shudder through his body. "But I bet Luhan hyung is a better dancer," Chanyeol feels the urge to punch himself in the face when the words slip out of his mouth, and he lets out a quiet groan. He feels the rumble of Kai's laughter through his chest. "I think you're cuter though." The comment makes Chanyeol head shoot up, and he stares in shock at the smirk twisting its way on Kai's face.

"I do think that you're cuter than Luhan, you know. More...my type," Kai grins, the red growing deeper on Chanyeol's cheeks. Kai takes the opportunity to press closer, head tucking into the space between Chanyeol's shoulders. "Luhan hyung is..is tiny and...and he's adorable. There is no way...I'm cuter," Chanyeol stutters. He feels Kai's hands tangle in his hair, and he swallows, when he sees the gentle smile directed at him and Kai presses their noses together, in imitation of an Eskimo kiss, and Chanyeol's breath hitches, his eyes focusing on the thick lips that had held his attention from the day they met.

Kai waits, moving his hips against the taller giant, eyes locked together. When Chanyeol leans in, Kai can feel his breath ghosting on his lips, and he closes his eyes in anticipation. Only to yelp when someone shoves him from behind, causing him to crash into Chanyeol, tumbling to the floor.

Chanyeol blinks rapidly, his legs sprawled on either side on Kai, who lies flat under him and Chanyeol stares with wide eyes. Kai huffs and and grab Chanyeol's face with his hands, yanking him closer, eyes closing as he mashes their lips. He feels light, his mouth melding together, his back hitting the floor. He feels gentle hands tentatively touch him, and he automatically bucks into the touch, his body pressing against Chanyeol's, waiting for him to respond, until he flips them over, so that he straddles the taller boy, his mouth insistent, rocking their hips together.

They break apart, and Kai pants harshly, and Chanyeol's fingers are tight on his waist. Kai tugs him up by the collar, whispering in the midst of a rough kiss, "take me home," pressing against the taller boy, who nods all too hastily, and somehow they stumble to their feet, practically running out of the club, Baekhyun's screech ringing behind them. "Be careful!' The taller boy shrieks behind them, and Kai waves hastily, the two piling into Chanyeol's car. He finds it hard to wait, his veins running with adrenaline and lust and plain want, and Kai leans over, draping himself against Chanyeol, mouth pressing against exposed skin, finger dipping under his shirt, ing it.

He barely hears Chanyeol's groan, "Jongin, please. I can't drive like this," and Kai smirks, "drive faster. Or pull over. I don't care," he whispers, nibbling on Chanyeol's earlobe. He steps on the gas, and the rest of the way home is a blur, with the trails of Kai's fingers blazing on Chanyeol's skin. The click of the the room door brings everything back into focus, and Chanyeol has to admire the contrast between the white sheets and Kai's dark skin. 

He combs his hands through the dark hair, and the moans that fall from Kai's lips as Chanyeol on his neck surge right to Chanyeol's nether regions. It is with impatient hands that clothes are discarded, and Chanyeol hesitates, his voice hoarse and unsure, "do you want this? We can stop, and just...umm..cuddle."

Kai's dark eyes watch him, and he props himself on his elbows, "you don't want me?" Kai trembles and rolls over, reaching for his shirt. "You don't have to stay. I'll just go sleep somewhere else," the words tumble out of Kai's mouth, and he shrugs on his shirt, biting his lips, his eyes glistening under the yellow light of his lamp. And Chanyeol reaches out, his long arms grabbing the torso of Kai's body, pushing back into the bed, pinning him down, fingers interlocked, and Kai struggles wildly, "let go. Let go. Let go of me!"

"I want you. I always want you," Chanyeol breathes into Kai's neck, "I just didn't want to you to...to feel obligated...to...have with me...and I don't want you to regret this in the morning...because for me...this isn't...isn't something...like a..a one night stand...for me...and and..." Chanyeol swallows when Kai rears up, his hands still pinned to the bed, his mouth swallowing the words that keeps spilling out, his hips rocking. "I...okay..."

"Touch me. Please." Kai is close to begging and he gasps when he is bare, and he feels cold fingers probing him, his back arching. Chanyeol releases his other hand and Kai clutches closer nails scratching , and he lets out a guttural moan.

"Chan..." Kai gasps and the world fades away, and all he feels is the heat from Chanyeol's body, all he tastes is the vanilla from the body bath Chanyeol loves so much, and all he knows is the solid mass of Chanyeol pressing into him.

 


 

Sehun smirks when he hears the low pounding of what might have been the head of the bed banging into the wall, his hand carding through the thick hair resting on his shoulder. In his sleep, Luhan presses closer, his nose rubbing along Sehun's collarbone, mumbling in his sleep. Sehun sighs, bringing the blankets up, before sliding up, his hands loosely circling Luhan's thin wrists, holding them down, even as Luhan begins to thrash on the bed, his voice shrieking and Sehun knows, after months of nightmares, that the best way to get Luhan out of his nightmare was to ease him out. He pins Luhan down, because the last time he forgot, Luhan had smacked right across the face, then felt so guilty he refused to let Sehun sleep in the same bed for six weeks. And that makes for an unhappy Sehun.

It is with a gentle voice, he slowly talks Luhan out of his nightmare, the soothing voice gently whispering for to come back, trying to speak over the screaming, until there are tear tracks on Luhan's face, and his arms circle Sehun's neck, and it is out of habit that he rolls onto his back, pulling Luhan on top of him as he his back, murmuring soothing noises into his ear, as he feels his heart clench when the sobs wrack through Luhan's body. He wishes he can rip the nightmares right out of Luhan's head, and tear them to shreds but Sehun cannot protect Luhan from his own head, cannot protect Luhan from his nightmares. All Sehun can do is wrap his arms tightly around Luhan and tell him that he is safe, and make him feel safe.

"I've got you, Xiao Lu. I've got you."

It does not stop the sobs, nor does it ease the clecnhing in his heart, but Luhan peers up through tears soaked lashes, and Sehun sneaks a kiss in, and Luhan has a watery smile on, and he curls against Sehun. And he feels a little safer, with Sehun's arms wrapped around him, tucking him close. And maybe, just maybe Sehun made the nightmares go away just a little faster than anyone else could. Luhan presses a little closer, and holds Sehun a little tighter, because Sehun is to Luhan what home is to others.

 


 

Luhan winces when he hears the crash of porcelain plates hitting the floor, flinching when he can hear the screaming voices, and Sehun rubs his shoulders to calm him down, pulling the shorter boy into his lap.

"Do you think I'm comfortable with the fact that he's moving half way across the damn world with no one to watch him! He'll be all alone!" Baekhyun screams, red in the face, as he grabs Jongdae by the collar, pushing him so that his hips dig into the counter painfully.

Scarily unfazed, Jongdae simply stares at him, his anger carefully controlled, "you need to think about this. He's a grown man. You can't stop him just because you're worried. He needs to go out and learn to live by himself. You need to let him go," Jongdae tries to smile, to raise a hand to touch Baekhyun's face and holds his shock back when Baekhyun grabs his wrists and pin it behind him.

"Who do you think you are, huh?" Baekhyun growls into his face and Kai curls into Luhan's side. "I don't like it when they fight," he whispers and Chanyeol tries to comfort him, just as Sehun cuddles close to Luhan, turning the volume on the movie they are watching up, redirecting the two boys focus on the riveting picture of Chris Evans.

"I'm your damn boyfriend!" Jongdae shouts, hand ripping free from Baekhyun's hold, and slamming on the table. "I know you. And I know you've never been apart from him for eight years. But you've never been away from Yifan and you handled it just fine. You'll be fine. He'll be fine," Jongdae gestures to Yixing's closed door, "everything will be damn fine!" His chest heaves in exertion, his face tinged red. "And if you can't get with that, what are you going to do when he leaves for something else? Because he will leave. Just like Luhan will leave. Because damned if he doesn't follow Sehun to wherever the hell that brat wants to."

Baekhyun stares at Jongdae, anger radiating off his body, "don't talk as if you know everything. You know nothing about m..." Baekhyun stares in shock at Jongdae, his hand flying to his cheek, and Jongdae has to fight back tears, his hand trembling, the stinging in his palm causing his whole body to shake. 

"Don't you dare say that. Don't you dare...don't you dare say I don't...i don't know you. I chased you for six...six years...and I...I know you...so much better...so much better than...than anyone else...do you think...do you think I don't... I don't know...how much...how much you care about...about your friends...how dare you..." Jongdae has to gasp for words, his tears escaping his eyes, as he stares in rage at his tiny boyfriend.

Sehun walks into the kitchen, followed by Luhan and Kai, Chanyeol trailing behind them. Luhan instantly goes to Jongdae on the floor, Kai sitting next to him, both of them hugging the smaller boy between them, a barrier that Baekhyun cannot touch.

"What is this?" Baekhyun asks, his hands akimbo on his waist.

"This is you, being an idiot," Sehun calls over his shoulder, as he deliberately fills a cup with water, his hip leaning against the counter as he sips from the glass, eyes glaring at Baekhyun.

"This is none of your business."

"Jongdae hyung is mine, therefore you don't have jurisdiction over him. His business is mine."

"Oh, you."

"Don't talk to him like that," Luhan squeaks.

"Aren't the least bit worried about Xingie? Is it so wrong that I think this is a bad idea?"

"You know what you're doing is bad. You can't tell Xingie what to do. This is what he wants. Let him do this."

"I can't if it means there's no one to help him. Xing can't get through life alone. And you know it."

"Then we make it so that he has it. I have a friend who knows people. Who can help."

Baekhyun storms out of the apartment, fuming as he grabs his jacket, scowling at the rest of them as he leaves.

 


 

Yixing cries into Suho's shoulder, as he clutches the man close. "You could fit in my luggage, right? You could come with me."

Suho laughs, his grips tightening on Yixing's waist, "I'll call you from London. Every day. I promise. And you'll end up there somehow. And I will come see you dance." Suho smiles, pulling back from the hug, his hands holding Yixing's face, as he presses a soft kiss to his mouth. "We talked about this before, baby."

"I know. I know. It's just...I'm going to miss you. So much. And I'm going to miss everyone. And now I can't stop crying." Yixing sniffles, scrubbing his face, clutching the straps of his bag close.

"Oh come here, you big baby," Baekhyun opens his arms, catching the crying unicorn and Luhan comes from behind and he cuddles close from behind. "You're going to be great. You're going to dance until your knees drop off, and one day we'll see you dance on a giant stage with tiny insignificant people that I don't give a about. And you're going to be fantastic."

Luhan nods from behind, "and if anyone even thinks about looking at you wrong, I'll fly over and stab them in the eye, and then bury them in their own backyard, alright?"

Yixing chuckles weakly, tickling under the chin of his friends. "I love you guys." He lets them go, unwinding from them, "um...Baek, the checkout counter lady won't let my bags go in because it's overweight or something. Do you think you could help me out? Talk to her?" Baekhyun's face turns stormy and arm in arm with Luhan, they march to the counter, and commence their usual devilry.

Yixing watches them, a fond smile on his face, before he turns to Kai, Sehun and Jongdae. Jongdae smirks, hands tucked into his pockets, "what do you want?"  Sehun mirrors the stance, raising his eyebrows, a matching smirk on his face.

"You'll look after those two psychos, right? Keep them in check, normal times when I'm not here? On my behalf?" Yixing leans into Suho, head pressing into his shoulder as he plays with interlocked fingers.

"You know I'll look after Luhan. You don't even have to ask."

"I'll look after Luhan better than Sehun ever will," Kai smirks, patting Chanyeol on the hand in reassurance.

"Do you think I'm crazy to let Baek go now after everything I've had to do to get him to love me? I mean, I know we're fighting now, but we'll make up. We always do." 

"I know part of it is my fault, and I'm sorry. I know that you three love those two crazies. I just need to know you'll look after them. Promise me. Please. For my peace of mind."

"I will," Sehun promises, his hand sticking out for a handshake which Yixing ignores, pulling the taller boy into a hug. Yixing turns to Jongdae who nods, and promptly hugs the boy.

"I'll send you updates periodically, don't worry," Jongdae pats the male on the back, kissing him on the cheek.

Suho steals Yixing back, getting one last hug in before Luhan and Baekhyun return, both satisfied with the results of their brief argument. "You'll be escorted from the airplane during your three layovers, and there'll be someone to meet you there to take you to the dorms. Luhan had a friend who had a cousin who has another friend who know this guy who knows someone or other and we managed to get you squared with a guy called Alexander. I've talked to him and he seems okay but the second he does anything I think is hinky, I'm coming over and slapping him." Baekhyun and Luhan nod in unison as they hand the card with the number to Yixing who just stares at them in shock. Suho blinks in surprise, while Jongdae and Sehun simply shake their head in disbelief.

"Now, Alexander has an aunt who has a housemaid service, and we've contacted them, and and for the next three months, since it don't know where you'll be," Luhan waves his hands around, "since you might be going Yifan knows where, so three months till further notice, there'll be a woman, her name is Shiec, and she'll be cleaning and cooking three full meals a day," Luhan points a finger directly in Yixing's face, and he nearly goes cross eyed looking at it, "which you will swear right now, to eat, or Shiec will tell us and we will have Alexander force food down your throat."

Baekhyun snorts,"He still has the hots for Luhan after all, and would probably roll over and play dead if Luhan asks nicely enough." He waves away the protesting sound Sehun makes, and tugs Yixing by the collar. "Now, you have everything? Passport, the right one? Not the one that expired five years ago?"

"You shredded that one, remember?"

"You have the dental kit? For the flight? And extra socks?"

"I have them. Don't worry so much, Baek."

"I wil worry until you're back, safe and sound. Deal with it," Baekhyun says testily, tempering down when Kai wraps a arm around his waist, tugging him close. Luhan smiles, and wraps Yixing into a tight hug before muttering  "I can't do this. If you miss your flight, then you won't have to go right?" Luhan clings to Yixing like a koala, whining when Sehun tries to pull him away.

Suho smiles, and gently separates the two, chuckling when Luhan bursts into noisy tears, and Sehun has to pat him on the back and promise to buy him chocolate to calm him down. Suho smiles and takes Yixing's face in his hands, and Yixing's eyes close and he sinks into the gentle kisses, his hands tugging on the strands of hair as the kisses turns needier, and Yixing feels plastered to Suho, and he never wants to leave.

And the intercom sounds, announcing the flight, and Yixing has to step away and he does so, with tears in his eyes and half said goodbyes, never turning back until he disappears from view, his hands waving until he can no longer see the bodies he leaves behind, and Yixing sniffles, and hands his bags to the lady, takes his shoes off and he steps past the point of no return.

 


 

Author's Note: Hello everyone! Here's the new chapter! I hope you enjoy it! Tell me what you think!

The format went a little wonky because my internet went haywire and I copied this from word and something happened. And I do not know how to fix this. So I hope it's okay. Should I make the font bigger? Is it okay?

Quick Question Time: Do you want me to write ? Because I can try :P

As always, Happy readings! Comment below and subscribe above!