Chapter 9

Moving on from Grief

 

 

Chapter 9

 


 

 

Luhan feels the vibrations of the sounds before the sweet melody of the music begins filtering throughout the room. He is aware of the eyes watching his body, aware of the itch that runs through at the thought of dancing again. His limbs move before his brain registers, the fluid motions coursing him, the mixture of music and movement wrapping itself around his soul, a balm for all ailments.

He knows the moves, knows the dance, has danced it so many times, it is more habit that knowledge. Luhan focuses his centre of gravity, shifting it upwards so that he can kick his legs out, his hips out. His hands run over his body, snapping sharply with every change.

He hears the snap of movement beside him as Yixing falls into the dance, their heels skidding across the floor into a split, hands reaching the sky. Luhan feels his presence, matching his own, a dance he is so used to, he does not even think but moves, his instincts guiding him, matching Yixing, beat for beat. Luhan feels himself fall into the rhythm, something that he missed so dearly, so afraid to give himself to the music that it was a relief when his mind cleared and all that mattered was that he nailed that pirouette.

Luhan knows what moves Yixing will make, he knows the transitions, they have been dancing together for so long. And Yixing knows him, so well, to the point, he knew the exact moment, Luhan decided to stop dancing alone. He knew that they would dance together again, a fraction of a second of second Luhan did.

Luhan misses dancing like this, free and easy, simply because they loved it. He closes his eyes, soaks up every huff and puff he makes, the sounds of shoes hitting the floor, the feeling of synchronized dancing, and the vibrations to a song he barely knew, and thinks he can be happy.

Yixing twirls, Luhan spins and they both slide into a bow, on hand around their waist and one behind their back. Luhan the sweat off his upper lip, his hair falling into his face, damp and breathes.

Yixing grins at him, as their eyes meet, his brow matted in sweat, his t shirt soaked to the thread. Luhan returns the smile, his shoulder finally carrying a lighter rock, as he dances his heart away.

"Again?"

"Again."

And the music starts.

 



Luhan lays on his back, chest heaving with exertion, listening as Yixing's heart beats an erratic rhythm next to his. Luhan has never been so happy to hear the sound of butterfly wings beating in his friend's chest in his life.

"It's been too long." Yixing's eyes remain closed, as he sprawls on the floor.

"Better late than never." Luhan leans into Yixing's hand,the one that comfortingly his hair.

Yixing has always understood Luhan, even before Luhan understood himself, the same way Luhan knows Yixing down to the very fractions of his soul. It made them good dance partners and eve greater friends. Yixing was convinced that they had been friends in every lifetime before this and would continue to be in every lifetime after. While Luhan snorted at the notion, he knew Yixing knew he believed it. It was the reason he had proposed to Yifan In elementary school and to this day would be the biggest announcement of his affection to the dreamy eyed boy, who more often than not was stuck in the clouds with unicorns and Yifan knows what.

Luhan wills his breathing back to normal, watching as Yixing sits up, pulling his shirt over his head. He rummages through his bag for another, mumbling to himself as he shifts through dirty clothes.

"I still have no idea how we're so exhausted. Normally, we go through four shirts before we drop. But now, two shirts later, we're wheezing and dying on the floor."

Luhan watches him, amused as Yixing continues his monologue.

"We're getting old. We need to work out more. Did you see Kai dancing? Man was made to dance, not everybody has those hips. Nope. Hips like those were meant for dancing. I swear if I was a woman and he danced with me like that, boom, pregnant. I'm shocked that you're not pregnant but you're a man unless there's something you've been hiding, in which case, then I am very disappointed. Even Sehun is better than us, with his stupid face and even stupider hair. Who dyes their hair with rainbows," Yixing turns to look at Luhan as though he knew that the other boy would be listening in, "even I wouldn't do it and I love rainbows.” Yixing shoes his head in disbelief, the utter disregard for rainbows offending him. “How does he do that thing with his ? I mean, he is male right? Or have you two been conspiring behind my back? I mean, dear Yifan, the times I have to suppress my urges to grab his when grinds against me is innumerable. And if I want to do it, the so does the rest if the general population."

Yixing continues to ramble, growing increasingly frustrated when he fails to locate any clean clothing.

"Who the hell signs up for Economics after dance? Actually, who signs up for economics at all? It's not like I care about the economy or the ics of it at all? I don't even know what the class is about and I've been in it for almost three months."

"That has more to do with the fact you're too busy mooning over Joonmyeon's face to study. Was it true that the professor caught with your hands in his pants?"

"Please. His hands. My pants. He's the one mooning over me. I have nothing to do with it. Besides, he was the one who decided we shouldn't be making our relationship all about and that maybe we should learn to be Independent people in a relationship and we should plan when and where we can fawn over each other. Idiot." Luhan notes the bitter anger in Yixing's voice as he shakes the bag, emptying it of its contents.

"So you don't like him anymore? Couple weeks back, the both of you hardly went without a day without screwing like rabbits."

"I just enjoy watching his face twist from something other than his stupid smile and the fact that I am the cause for it."

"Is it the blonde hair?"

"No! It is the fact that his stupid blonde hair suddenly makes people, especially people who wants in his pants, more bold. And he smiles. Laps it all up. Politely in fact. But when I get near, oh no! If I accidentally brush his hand, he acts like I'm going to screw him in his seat. I have never wanted to throttle someone so badly in my life."

"I could help." Luhan grins at the glare Yixing levels at him.

Yixing huffs, giving up on finding any clothes, deciding that he would just go to the class the way he was and everyone else would deal with it. And instantly felt bad that he thought of inflicting such a cruel torture on others. Yixing sighs, wondering if he would have enough time to run to their apartment and shower and change there.

"No time. Shuttles don't run for another fifteen minutes. Dae and Yeol are both in class. And they don't trust me with their cars. Something about how babies shouldn't drive. I hope they realize I have a license."

“How you got it, I don’t know, with the way you drive. You're like a hazard.”

“Not according to the instructor.”

Yixing glances up and sighs. He might be able to scrounge up some deodorant but he didn't have enough to get rid of the stink. And even if he took a shower, his clothes were pouring with sweat and would just be disgusting to wear. And as appealing as being commando was, Yixing did not think the other students would be comfortable with it.

"Maybe Joonmyeon might have a spare change of clothes?" Yixing turns, his eyes darkening. Luhan would not...actually Luhan would because he was an evil .

Yixing pulls out his phone, angrily stabbing the buttons on his phone.

Luhan begins to push everything back into the bag haphazardly. He shoves the dirty shirts and socks into his hamper bag, taking a whiff of his shoes and decides that they smell fine and slides them on his feet.

Joonmyeon comes, his breathing ragged, as he holds his hands up, panting. He finally looks up to the eyes of two devils, Luhan grinning manically, and Yixing holding back laughter.

“You said you needed me?” He was desperate, Yixing ignoring him the past two weeks, Sehun and Kai just staring at him in disbelief when he tried to talk to them and Luhan, Baekhyun and Jongdae bursting into tittering giggles every time they saw him. Chanyeol just asked him about what Kai had said.

Yixing just stares at him, lip curled. His laughter had dried up when Joonmyeon had spoken, his voice sending tingling shivers down his spine. Yixing felt the urge to grab him and lock them both in a closet, to run his hands through the delicious locks of stupidly fake blonde hair but resisted with all his might. He looks to Luhan, who simply hoists the red bag on his shoulder and indicated to the other one on the floor.

“That's your bag, Xing.”

Yixing stares in betrayal as his best friend walks out the door, clapping Joonmyeon, with his stupid blonde hair on the shoulder, hollering “be safe, children,” as he closes the door behind him.

 



Luhan grins, listening as Yixing talks about Joonmyeon and just how flexible the student council president could be when he puts his mind to it.

Baekhyun gasps and wiggles, just as excited as Yixing is, practically hanging onto every word.

Luhan actually contributes to the conversation, dramatically stating that if it was not for him, they would not even be here, and Baekhyun pinches his cheeks in absolute joy. Yixing scowls at him, “I haven't forgiven you for that!”

“You wouldn't hurt lil ole me now, would ya? Specially since you're glowing and smiling!”

“I'm still going to kill you!”

“It was Baekhyun's idea!”

“Why, you little traitor!”

“The both of you are terrible people!”

“You know if Jongdae had his way, he would have hacked into the school computer and messed with it until the both of you ended up in a classroom alone, with him watching through a camera.”

“Yeah well, if Jongdae had his way, he would be screwing you blind right now!”

“Okay, what? No. No.. Back to Joonmyeon and you screwing like wolves in heat. When did the conversation change?” Baekhyun turns red at the unexpected turn the conversation took, internally freaking out. “When did you arrive to that conclusion? Why did you arrive to that conclusion? Hannie, look at what Xingie is doing, denying our efforts…”

“Gotta agree with Xingie on that count. What are you doing with Dae?

“I am not doing anything at all, with that…with that miscreant!”

“Well, if Jongdae had his way, the two of you would be doing the horizontal tango all the time…Should I be helping him. Or should I be letting nature take its course. Jongdae always gets what he wants anyway.”

“I do not wish to nor have I ever wanted to do the horizontal tango with Kim Jongdae.”

“But you're married!”

“Not in real life!”

“Okay, but remember when you said you wanted to his jawline, and his oh so y smirk and his neck and his…well you get the idea. And that you wanted him to ‘ravish you in every possible way that the Kama Sutra states.’ You remember that, don't you, Xingie?”

“Why, Hannie,yes I do distinctly remember. Was it summer of our junior year, Hannie?”

“I do believe so, Xingie. It was after the regional competition where ‘the high note singer can take me on that stage and do me anytime’ phase came about.”

“Our lovely Baekkie even stalked him on Facebook for a while didn't he?”

“I seem to recall a particular conversation when Baekkie here stated, “I don't mind being alone on Valentine as long as I'm alone with you,” and then proceeded to faint when Jongdae had the audacity to reply, “anytime, anywhere baby boy...”

“I was drunk!”

“Well, you must have been drunk most of summer, since that was all you talked about. That and how Fanfan was stealing your precious baby.”

“Oh! Oh! Remember the look on FanFan’s face when the police came by because I accused him of cradle robbing?”

“He cried! And he kept apologizing. It was hilarious.”

“Remember the look the officer had when they realized it was me who filed the complaint?”

“And when they had to hold him back from mauling a very terrified Fanfan?” Yixing giggles as Luhan mimes holding back an irate Baekhyun.

“I was the one cradle robbing, if anything. That poor boy had no idea what he was getting into with me.” Luhan shakes his head, the fond memories wrapping around him like a comfortable blanket.

“Oh trust me, he knew. He so knew. And what irks me is that he could handle it. So I had no legitimate reason to stop him.”

“As if that stopped you from trying.”

“True. True. Ooohh, remember when they actually dragged him to the station and…”

Luhan, chuckles and leans back, feeling the sunlight touch his skin, finding ways around the thick hanging of leaves. He lets the sounds of Baekhyun and Yixing's voices wash over him, the bickering a soothing tempo, and he relaxes. Luhan drifts of into a peaceful sleep, one filled with soft colors beneath his eyes, and gentle murmurs against his ear.

 


 

Luhan slowly comes to the land of the living when he feels hot breaths ghosting over his lips. Eyes still closed, Luhan leans into them, mouth moulding to the shape.The kiss starts off slow, warm and gentle, with hands cupping his neck and pulling him closer. He drifts into the kiss, sighing as he feels the molten warmth settle in his bones, the languid pace fanning embers. The weight of the other person is on his side, pressed against him, the heady scent sending his head into a whirlwind spiral. He moans when his lower lip is bitten, and then on. He parts his lips, allowing a familiar tongue to press insistently into his mouth. It wraps around his own and coaxes his into the other’s open mouth.

Luhan opens his eyes, peeking beneath his lashes, pressing himself more into the kiss, when he sees the smooth tanned skin of Jongin. His eyes are closed, his long lashes brushing his skin, and his hair is pushed back. Luhan runs his fingers through them, the hair dripping wet. They break apart, when Luhan is finally awake, and he smiles softly, tracing Jongin's bottom lip. He presses a chaste kiss to it, before smiling at his friends.

“Oh do you won't wake up when we practically kill you but all he has to is pucker his lips and you're wide awake huh?” Sehun scowls, slipping five hundred yen towards Jongdae who walks to the cafeteria, a skip in his step.

“I mean, I hit your head against the tree, twice! Twice! And you were still knocked out! Or were you pretending?” Kai grins, gently massaging Luhan’s head, presumably where he was hit.

Luhan grins, and saunters over to Sehun. He leans forward, ghosting his lips over Sehun's, and barely manages to stifle his smile when Sehun scrambles back.

“You know, you're welcome to try,” he teases, tweaking Sehun's nose, ignoring Baekhyun squeak of indignation. Kai comes from behind wrapping Sehun in his arms, “all you have to do is ask.” Chanyeol stiffens imperceptibly, swallowing as he pictures himself asking Kai all sorts of inappropriate questions and Kai's reaction to his questions. He flushes, focusing back on the scene before him, forcing himself not to think of maybes.

Sehun flushes a deep red, that send both Luhan and Jongin into hysterics. Baekhyun bursts into laughter when Sehun falls to the grassy floor in shock, after Kai releases him. Sehun stares at them in utmost horror, sending Joonmyeon and Chanyeol to the floor, both howling in laughter, the defeated expression on his face earning him a picture in Baekhyun's phone.

Jongdae comes towards them, mouthful of red bean ice cream, and quirks an eyebrow. Yixing, bewildered as he was, explains the situation to Jongdae who promptly clamps an arm over Luhan and Kai's in congratulation for a job well done. He offers them a bite of ice cream, Luhan nibbling at it, while Kai chews on a chunk. Baekhyun raises an eyebrow, and turns away. Yixing wrinkles his nose at him, and Luhan pokes him with his shoe. Baekhyun scowls at the both of them before huffing and turning back to Jongdae, leaning over and biting a size able chunk.

To his credit, Jongdae manages to muffle his laughter, returning to on his ice cream. He glances at Chanyeol who seems quite entrances with the grass and makes a few notes, on the way he glances at Kai every few seconds. Kai, who for all intents and purposes, seem not to notice the baleful puppy eyes staring at him while he rests his head in Luhan's lap, the two poking fun at Sehun. Jongdae swears that if Chanyeol had a tail, it would be drooping.

He leans over to Chanyeol, resting his head against his shoulder. Chanyeol is surprised but quickly adjusts so that Jongdae is more comfortable. Chanyeol does not mind cuddles with random strangers, Jongdae realizes and slides it into the ‘pro’ column before moving it to the ‘neutral’ column simply because that means Chanyeol might cuddle with a random stranger. So focused on Chanyeol, Jongdae misses the glances Baekhyun keeps throwing at him. Yixing stares at Baekhyun from Joonmyeon's lap, silently communicating with Luhan about Baekhyun's poorly hidden jealously.

“So…why is our resident charm the recipient of your attractions, giant man?” Subtlety thy name is Jongdae.

“I..What?” Chanyeol is flabbergasted, and scrambling for words, vehemently denying his attraction, messing his already wild hair even more. There is terror visible in his eyes as he immediately looks at Kai, who raises an eyebrow quizzically. Chanyeol sheepishly waves, and Kai returns to curling up in Luhan’s lap.

“No need to deny it. I know you have the hots for him. You're quite obvious, you know.”

“Does…does he know?” Chanyeol hangs his head, the desperation clear in his eyes. Jongdae takes pity on the poor boy and decides to spare him the lies.

“Nope. You have had the opportunity of meeting the densest people on Earth in our little group here.”

“I don't think his boyfriend would appreciate my misguided feelings…I'm sure it's just a phase. I'll get over it, promise. I won't cause any trouble. Please don't stop being my friends,” Chanyeol pleads, and Jongdae feels bad. Perhaps he should start employing a little tact during his interrogations and investigations.

“I'm going to be real with you here, alright?” Jongdae straightens up, looking Chanyeol in the eye, making sure that Chanyeol keeps his eyes on him, the sad sad eyes that make Jongdae want to wrap him in a long hug and tuck him in bed. He misses the distressed look on Baekhyun's face and the scowl that follows after. “You having feelings for not-Kai is in no way at all going to affect our friendship. This I swear on the prying god that is my life, love and heart. My computer,” Jongdae grandly gestures to a blue bag, that lovingly encased his laptop, cushioning it and protecting it from almost all dangers of the human world. “In fact, I don't think Lulu would mind, seeing as they're not really dating…”

“But they…I thought…”

“Yes, they are sleeping together. But I will slap you and be very cross with you if you call them s,” Jongdae crosses his arms, and nods firmly. “I'm offended that you would even think that.” Jongdae beams, and coils an arm around Chanyeol's. “They've been through quite a bit. And they need each other. That's something you have to understand. You might, in the far off distant future, although at the rate you're going, most likely when you're on your deathbed, become not- Kai’s boyfriend. But Luhan is and will always be a priority in his life. Well, at least until Lulu finds a prince of his own, well...again. But even then, you need to know that Kai cares very deeply about Luhan and vice versa. And you need to be okay with that. If you can't be, then forget it.”

“I'm okay with it. Just…I see how important they are to each other. I mean, when Kai does sleep in our apartment, He waits until two, maybe, three in the morning and Luhan comes in, blanket wrapped around his shoulder and climbs into his lap and they curl up together. And it's sweet and all.”

“But you're in love with him.”

“I…like him very much. It's too soon to be love, right?”

Jongdae turns to Baekhyun, “it's never too soon. The problem is when you're too late.” He smiles, and sighs. Jongdae really was going to be single his whole life.

“Why him?”

“I could ask you the same thing. Why not-Kai?”

“Because he's cute. When he laughs, and I mean genuine laughter, his eyes scrunch up and he looks so innocent and happy. He looks after me, you know, in his own way. He goes out of his way to talk to me, even when he gets uncomfortable with talking. And he borrows my shoulder when we watch the tv and I have to suppress the urge to run my fingers through his hair and he buries his head closer and I have to stop myself from wrapping him in a blanket and cuddling him close.

“You've seen the scars.”

“He doesn't like talking about them. He hates it when I can see them. He's always trying to hide them. I wish he wouldn't. I wish he'd tell me how he got them. And if whoever who did that to him is dead.”

“You and Baek would get along well, you know that?” Chanyeol laughs, grinning down as he playfully nudges Jongdae with his shoulder. They both miss the glare that Baekhyun shoots them.

“Why Baekhyun?”

“When I fell in love with him, it was a long time ago. In high school. Junior year. The summer, actually. We were in a competition, a singing contest. His voice was…so beautiful, and he was so beautiful. I fell in love with him on the stage. He was like a light. I didn't know what I wanted to do with myself, you know. And I saw him, so…full of life, so happy, his friends around him and I thought, you know, that's what I want. I want to have someone who laughs at my jokes and who thinks I'm great even when I'm the stupidest thing alive. So I tried to talk to him. We became friends after awhile, and I just kept falling and falling. And I thought I was getting somewhere. I kept calling him my wife, cuddling with him. I got my hopes up when he said some things to me when he was drunk. But, I think it's time.”

“Time?”

“Time to give up. Move on. Cut my losses and hope my heart doesn't get handed to me on a platter. He's uncomfortable with me. And I hate that. I want to preserve our friendship, it's important to me. So I'll be his friend.”

“That's not a very happy ending.”

“I wasn't meant for them anyway. But I'll be content.”

“It'll be painful. And sad. You'll cry and get hurt and he’ll never know.”

“I'll live. I'll be counting on your shoulder when everything comes crashing down on me, alright?” Jongdae leans a head against Chanyeol's shoulder, a sad smile flitting across his face.

“We could set up a one-sided love club!” Chanyeol wants to remove the dark expression that settles itself on Jongdae's face. It seems wrong, seeing the tiny energetic man with a sad smile. So Chanyeol does what he does best and sprouts the first nonsense that comes into his head.

“The lonely hearts club! Where happy couples are despised and only broken hearts are welcome. Come heal your wounded souls with responsible drinking and friendly with fellow heart broken peers,” Jongdae dead pans, his small sad smile morphing into one of glee.

“See, it would be great!”

Jongdae laughs, nearly falling over, tears gathering at the corners of his eyes. The two of them dissolve I to giggles, ignoring the confused looks sent in their directions.

“You be the president,” Jongdae gasps, “and I'll be the Vice President, and we can call ourselves the pioneers of the shattered heart!”

Chanyeol dissolves into a another round of laughter, rolling in the grass as he convulses.

Baekhyun marches over, crossing his arms, “what's so funny?”

Jongdae waves his hand, bursting into laughter again when he looks Chanyeol's way. Baekhyun huffs, poking Jongdae in the stomach, “tell me…”

Again, Jongdae brushes him off, rolling into Chanyeol and wrapping an arm around his shoulder. “We are the pioneers…of…of…” Is as far as they both get before they set off again, howling laughter ringing through the air. Kai and Luhan were ignoring the two laughing psychos in favor of bullying Sehun and Yixing was in his own little world, filled with fairies and unicorns and Joonmyeon.

Baekhyun scowls, kicking Jongdae in his shin, muttering darkly under his breath. He shoots a glare at whoever is around, and immediately cowers back when a tall Chinese kid, made to seem taller with a shorter male walking beside him, walks over.

“Ge! Joonie Ge! We got permission to hold a party again, a stress reliever,” the kid makes hand motions with his hands, “and we were thinking about a Frozen theme! Ge-ge, what a stress reliever?”

Joonmyeon smiles, a motherly smile, waving the kid over as he was currently trapped by Yixing. “Tao- ah, if it's a frat party, I'm not helping. The last one you roped me into because of Minne-hyung was bad enough.”

“As if, Ge! I didn't know what it was! I thought they meant a real party! No this one is a sing along. A…a…how do you say it?” Tao begins mumbling to himself in Chinese, running through all the Korean words he knows in his head, which is not many, before Yixing jumps in, “a movie? You're doing a Frozen sing a long movie?!”

Tao nods eagerly, hand waving proudly at Yixing. “Ge, I like your boyfriend. He understands me!” Yixing smiles sweetly, “me and Hannie are from China also. I'm Changsha born and bred and Hannie is a Beijing boy!”

“I'm from Qingdao!” Tao launches into a tirade of Chinese which Luhan and Yixing eagerly respond to. Kai and Sehun watch them curiously, heads cocked to the side, before engaging in their own conversation- about the latest episode of the drama.

Baekhyun scowls, who in their right mind would be afraid of a panda! Because really, Tao is harmless. He is like a girl, over excites and giggly and like a child. Baekhyun can already feel his fondness growing. He fully expects Jongdae to wrap an arm around his shoulder and ask him if he wanted to adopt Tao into their family. He could see it now, Tao could be their first child. When no hand comes, Baekhyun turns and feels the wind knock him over.

Jongdae is smiling at a stranger. That was normal. What was not normal was his smile. And this was not just any smile. It was Baekhyun's smile, flirtatious and bash, the kind of smile that anyone would be drawn to. Jongdae had always directed it to Baekhyun, and only Baekhyun. Even Luhan did not have the privilege of that smile. And here was a total stranger, being the recipient of that smile. Baekhyun seethes, and imagines gouging out the other boy’s eyes out and stuffing them into his puffy cheeks. He mentally assess the boy and find that Baekhyun is better in every department. Jongdae would be trading down with the chipmunk.

Jongdae glances up, and does not seem notice Baekhyun frothing. Another realization that sends him reeling. Jongdae always noticed him. Always. The sounds around him become muted, when the chubby male wraps an arm around Jongdae's waist, and the boy has the audacity to blush! “Tao-yah! Look who I found!”

“Daedae-gege! We've missed you! Where have you been hiding?” Tao promptly cuts his conversation with his Chinese mates off and flings himself into Jongdae's arms. Jongdae protests gamely, but he is used to Tao’s bear hugs and gives the younger boy a hug just as tight.

“I’ve been working on a very project,” Jongdae manages to say, although he wonders what the others hear with his mouth muffled.

Tao releases him, all smiles and giggles, and pulls him over to join the conversation with Luhan and Yixing. Baekhyun knows that Jongdae does not speak a of Chinese and seethes when he sees the boy laughing and nodding and sneaking glances at the ‘stranger.’

“Minseokie hyung! How's the new apartment?” Chanyeol squeals when the stranger is left alone. ‘Minseok,’ Baekhyun thinks, ‘is s stupid name for a chipmunk. And this stupid chipmunk has eyes on Baekhyun's boy.’

“So far so good. My roommate is nice.”

“I'm sorry I couldn't give you your room back hyung, but Kai…”

“Oh I know and I wouldn't dream of taking it away from him!”

“Thank god for small miracles,” Baekhyun mutters when he realizes that it could be Minseok living next to them.

“Did you say something, Baek-ah?” Chanyeol asks, his large eyes oozing joy.

“No, nothing! I didn't say anything, did you? Nice to meet you! Byun Baekhyun, Chanyeol's neighbor and Jongdae's wife.” Baekhyun knew it was petty, but he could not help himself, smirking as he grins. He dares Chanyeol to dispute his statement, watching in satisfaction as Chanyeol's eyes widen and he gulps.

“Kim Minseok.” The chipmunk grins and turns to study Jongdae curiously. He laughs as Jongdae attempts to pronounce a Chinese word and fails miserably. “Oh how sad, and here I was, under the impression that Jongdae wanted to work through our break up…again. This is what, our fifth time? Yeollie-ah, is that right?.” Minseok's smirk widens exponentially at the horror on Baekhyun's face. Chanyeol wisely keeps his mouth shut and swallows.

“Dae-ah, I've got that new movie you wanted to watch! Wanna come over, and I'll make some popcorn?” Minseok yells for all to hear, knowing that the innuendo could be clearly heard, his smile widening at the ashen face of a certain Byun Baekhyun.

“I want to, but I've still got coding to do. And I can't leave Sehun on his own.”

“Sehun can sleep with us!” Luhan offers, a bright smile on his face.

“Besides,” Minseok drawls, hand reaching out to the approaching Jongdae's arm. “I know how fast you type those nasty codes when,” Minseok presses his hand against Jongdae's collarbone and Baekhyun watches Jongdae swallow, his body stiffening, “you're properly motivated…" Baekhyun burns with every touch Minseok makes, and blinks when he sees the glares Luhan and Yixing are throwing the chipmunk’s way. They make elaborate hand gestures, urging Baekhyun to stop Minseok from stealing Jongdae while Baekhyun watches helplessly.

Byun Baekhyun is not a damsel in distress. Byun Baekhyun is a diva in his own right, a soon to be fashion designer who will take the world by storm and cowers in front of no chipmunk!

“I…”



Author's note: Wow, this is my longest chapter to date! Over 5K! This is where the real story begins! Will our resident troll go with Minseok or will he stay faithful to Queen Baekhyun? Find out in the next chapter of MOWG! 

Did I just do my first cliffhanger? I did! Whee!

i had a lot of fun writing this chapter and I have the next chapter all the way to the end planned out. Al that's left to do is write them. There is about six main plots chapters and more fluffy stuff that will rot your teeth!

As I state in very chapter, this was written in mobile, and will always be written in mobile, and I go over each chapter three or four times to make sure it doesn't have visible errors. So if you see any, please please let me know!

i hope you guys like it and you enjoy it. Thank to my beautiful commenters and subscribers, there's something new for me to see everyday and motivates me to write! Should I be a mean person and only post the next chapter when I get a minimum of ten comments on this one?! I am an evil person after all. So the next chapter post date is up to you! Because I get a steady number of views but only a handful of special people whom I live with all my heart talk to me and this makes me sad!

As always, enjoy the read, subscribe above and comment below! Happy readings! I will see you soon!