you're kidding, right?;

Do Opposites Really Attract?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Luhan's P.O.V.) 

    It took about a 20-minute car ride but we had finally arrived at what seems to be a fancy restaurant. I slowly grabbed the door handle, desperately hoping it wasn't automatic like Aunt Ara's or I'll get really embarrassed, especially not in front of Sehun. The door slowly opened, as a huge sigh of relief came out of me. I shifted my eyes towards Sehun, who was already outside the car and was about to be a gentleman and open my door, but I opened it first. Smiling,  I gently closed the door behind me and looked at Sehun with a confused expression. “Why are we at a fancy restaurant?” I questioned, looking around the restaurant. “You'll see. Come on, lets go in.” He stated, gently grabbing my hands and intertwined his fingers with mine. I felt my cheeks heating up considerably, but I immediately came up with an excuse and pretended to wipe my face with my free hand. “No, wait.” I stopped, as Sehun shifted his attention towards me with a questionable look. “I'm not wearing anything fancy. This is embarrassing.” I looked down at the ground as he plastered a small smile before replying, “You'll be fine.” And with that, we both headed inside the ginormous restaurant, holding hands. 

      I looked around, wondering what we were doing in such a fancy restaurant, during a school day. I sighed, knowing Mr. Owl was going to be infuriated at me again for not attending classes and it's still his responsibility to take me to my classes. Suddenly, I felt an arm around my waist as I flinched and immediately turned around, only to find a smiling Sehun. Okay, he's kind of weird. I thought to myself, raising an eyebrow. “Um, what are you doing?” I whispered, slowly shifting my eyes, only to meet eye-contact with him. Without responding, he walked over to the counter, as I followed him, his arm still placed on my waist. “Mr. Oh, good morning.” A lady in her late 20s greeted, along with a welcoming smile, as Sehun nodded and returned a smile as well. “Oh, and this is Luhan.” Sehun introduced, looking at me. I smiled to the lady and bowed in a perfect 45-degree angle, as she smiled kindly. “Mr. and Mrs. Oh should be here in a few minutes.” The lady looked at Sehun, as he nodded, but I could tell he was feeling uncomfortable. Shrugging, Sehun and I walked to a wide table that'll fit perfectly well for a family. We sat comfortably next to each other, as I started fidgeting with my fingers. 

     “What am I doing here?” I finally questioned, wondering what I am actually doing here in such pretty place. “Well, my parents actually own this restaurant. And that lady we just met was Heejin.” I raised one eyebrow, realizing that he just totally ignored my question. “You didn't answer my question.” I mentioned, looking at him with calm eyes, as he took a deep breath and looked at me as well. For some reason, looking at his eyes made me feel comfortable. It made me feel like I can do anything, as of now. It was strange yet; so true. “Alright, well..I sort of brought you here because I wanted to ask you a favor.” He stated slowly, as I nodded and asked, “What is it?” He stared at the table for a few seconds before he decided to answer my what seems to be, an important question, considering how long he had thought of the response. “Okay, first..p-please don't freak out.” I nodded along with his suggestion, not expecting he was going to stutter. It's just some simple favor, right? Why is he acting like it's so important? He took multiple deep breaths before looking at myself in the eyes, as I felt my cheeks heating up again. Ugh. 

     “So..This may sound a bit w-weird..But, my parents are coming here in the restaurant right now. However, another family is coming too. And..they're planning on letting me sign a contract for a..f-force marriage..” He stuttered, letting out another deep breath as I looked at him with a pitiful look. “Ah, I see. So, you're planning to introduce me to your parents.” I smiled, waiting to meet his parents, who probably might seem coldhearted like him, but is really fluffy. “Well, part of it. But, the thing is, I want you to pretend that you're my boyfriend.” Right as he finished stating that, my eyes widened and I felt like I could just faint right there. I remained frozen, staring at the wall for a few minutes, until I heard a snap, and I immediately snapped out of my frozen state. I looked at Sehun speechless, until about a few minutes when I finally managed to let out a few words. “Wait, what? Sehun, we're both males. It's not right.” Taking a deep breath, I avoided eye contact with him. “Luhan, please. You're my only chance. I don't want to get married by someone I don't love.” I heard him sigh beside me, as I shook my head in disagreement. “If that's the case, then why do you want me to pretend that I'm your boyfriend, when it's not out of love either?” I asked, as he took another deep breath and looked outside the window. 

      I stared at him for a few minutes, realizing that he was actually really serious about this favor. I understood that it was quite a pity to be assigned for a force marriage, which is getting married out of money, not out of love. It's not right, but what he is trying to say isn't right either. He wants both of us to pretend to be a couple, but it's not right, although it is possible. Looking at him in this state makes me feel a bit guilty. Although, I didn't quite understand why I am feeling like this. Yes, it isn't right, but my heart says it can be right. He's the type of person that is very fragile and it makes you feel absolutely guilty if you make him sad. However, both cases are quite different. If I don't agree to this favor, he's going to get married by someone he doesn't love forever. If I agree to this favor, it will be just a one time thing and then we can go back to our normal lives. It may seem embarrassing and quite intimidating at the same time, but I feel like I'm just going to agree, preventing him from being sad, tortured, and other negative emotions, which also helps my heart from preventing to break, for some odd reason. 

     Suddenly, I heard click-clacking of heels and feminine high-pitched voices, as I immediately turned around and found 5 people wearing fancy garments, walking towards our table. One lady was around in her late 40s wearing a fancy white dress with flowery designs on the front and the back and long black heels for her feet, sitting across myself, making me slightly uncomfortable. Another lady was also around in her late 40s wearing a black, short sleeve dress with small, white swans as a design and a fuchsia in color leather high heels, sitting next to myself, which made me felt more uncomfortable. However, I looked at Sehun who was using hand gestures, motioning me to come and sit next to him on the middle navy blue colored sofa. I slowly nodded, sliding myself over next to a nervous looking Sehun. Sitting next to the white dressed lady was a man wearing a black two-piece suit with a black tie and dark leather shoes. Sitting next to the lady who sat next to me a few minutes ago was a man also around the same age as her wearing a platinum-colored slim suit and a classic pair of polished brown leather shoes, which I found quite interesting. Last but not least, a lady about in her early 20s sat across from Sehun next to her what seems to be her father, was wearing a short flowery designed dress, black leggings that went perfectly down her feet, and gold colored high heels, making the heels quite transparent. 

       I shifted my eyes towards Sehun whom still looked nervous, as I secretly rubbed his back. He looked at me with a pouty look, making me want to just squish him so hard. I gave him an encouraging smile, gently squeezing his hand behind me. I, myself was quite nervous as well and I just wanted to go home right away. I noticed that the girl was staring at Sehun, as I immediately raised one of my eyebrows. She was beautiful, stunning, elegant, and she was indeed perfect. Although however, perfection isn't guaranteed, until we see the personality. The lady had long, wavy hair and pink plump lips. She wasn't so dark, yet she wasn't so white. ‘It was just right’ as Goldilocks would say, and I didn't quite understand why Sehun wouldn't fall in love for such a wonderful lady. All of them shifted their attention towards us, more on me actually, as I uncomfortably shifted my eyes towards Sehun. “Well..um, hi m-mother..” Sehun stood up, perfectly did a 45-degree angle bow, along with a smile. He gently nudged my arm, as I immediately stood up. “I-I'm..Lu—” Before I could finish introducing myself, I was immediately interrupted. “Alright. Enough with useless introduction. Sehun, I didn't tell you to bring a friend over at this important meeting.” The lady, whom I assumed was Sehun's mother, looked at Sehun with a glare. 

    “Alright, all of us are here for such important meeting. The announcement and the signing of the contract to allow Kim Aeyoung and Oh Sehun to have their marriage.” Sehun's mother stated, as I bit my lip and looked over at Sehun, whom I found already sweating. I continued rubbing his back, signaling him to stop being so nervous. “Mom, you're making it sound like we're already getting married right now.” Sehun interrupted, making everyone turned their attention to him. “Oh, really? Do you want it to be like that, then?” She asked, raising an eyebrow. The other lady, who I assumed was the girl's mother added, “We can make that happen.” Instantly, Sehun shook his head in disagreement and stated, “C-continue on, please.” And with that, his mother proceeded on reading what seems to be the marriage contract. Suddenly, I saw Sehun getting a small piece of paper out and then a pen, then folded the small paper, and handed it to me. I looked at him curious, opening the little note. It read, ‘Do you have a cellphone?’ I shifted my eyes towards him and shook my head in disagreement. He mouthed an, ‘Aish’ as I looked at him with a little pout and mouthed, ‘Sorry.’

      ♦♦♦

(Sehun's P.O.V.)

        A few minutes went by and I was feeling more nervous than ever. I wasn't feeling nervous for myself but instead, I was feeling more nervous for Luhan because who knows what my parents will do, once they find out the favor that I asked for Luhan. But, no matter what they'll do to him, I'll always be here to protect him. Always. “Sehun honey, you should be sitting next to Aeyoung.” My mother stated as I mentally groaned then immediately came up with an excuse. “I actually have a cough. And, I don't want Aeyoung to catch it. So, it's better if I sit down here.” I pretended to cough, then slightly smiled at them. “What a gentleman.” Mrs. Kim, Aeyoung's mother complimented as I plastered a fake smile. Thank you, brain. After a few minutes, it was finally time to eat. Sm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter