A night NOT to remember;

Do Opposites Really Attract?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Jongin’s P.O.V.) 

         My eyes widened and mouth agaped, seeing Satan II glaring at me like he was about to eat me alive, which probably what he is intending to do. I looked at him filled with fright and nervousness, looking around and trying to find somewhat a way to get out of this situation and survive. Before I could even let out a word to state, Satan II came running towards my direction, throwing his right leg in the air, but unfortunately fortunately, his short legs didn't reach my face. “Jongin, you ugh!!!” He screamed, making my whole body shiver from fright. “K-Kyungsoo..calm down, I can explain..” I slowly stated, hoping he'd buy my words, but unfortunately, I didn't see that coming any minute. “Jongin, I don't need your useless explanations! You ruined my whole kitchen!” He yelled filled with anger, walking towards my direction, only to grabbed a wooden chair and started aiming to hit me with it. “Kyungsoo, no!!! Put that down!!” I pleaded, curling myself up into a ball, burying my face on my arms. “Kim Jongin, I've tried to ignore every trouble you've caused. But heck, this is my kitchen we're talking about. And no, I'm going to ignore this anymore. And if you think that I'm just joking on hitting you with this chair, then you're wrong!” He shouted on top of his lungs, making all the words he said ring through my ear. And with that, I instantly placed my legs on the floor and started running around the house, trying to get away from Kyungsoo's inner satanic self. 

   “Kim Jongin, you come back here - you idiot!” Keeping the wooden chair on his hands, he began chasing me all around as I thought of crying and maybe he'll pity me, but now that I think of it, as of now he is merciless. “Kyungsoo, please..” I begged, continuously running around, and immediately stopped, inhaling and exhaling a few breaths. “I'm not taking a please, Jongin. It's time for you to learn your lesson.” He uttered, along with a blank expression, looking at me as if he was contemplating about hitting me with the chair or not. “I have learned my lesson!” I shouted defensively, but due to how oblivious I am, I accidentally slipped on the spot where the ramen was spilled and immediately fell on my . “Ouch..” I let out a painful groan, rubbing my back. “Hey, Kyung—” I looked up to see an astonished looking Luhan with eyes widening and jaw dropping, looking at Satan II with the chair on his hand. And within 5 seconds, Luhan dashed off outside the kitchen, as if it was the end of the world. I let out a small chuckle, then immediately felt my back hurting again. I rubbed it a few times and let out a deep sigh. 

    Glancing up, I saw Satan II rolling his eyes and pulled back the wooden chair under the table, like it was before he lifted it up. Raising one of my eyebrows, I looked at him with a confused expression, as to what happened that he decided not to hit me with it, which I'm absolutely okay with for your information. Maybe, the gods have finally heard my wishes. I thought to myself and plastered a small smile, mentally doing a victorious happy dance. “Jongin, get up.” Satan II spoke bluntly, as I looked up to see him holding a long broom and a black in color dustpan and immediately stood up, avoiding to get hit by the supplies he has in his hands before he decides to change his mind. Turning around, I shifted my eyes towards Satan II whom I found sweeping the ramen on the floor then, placed it inside the dustpan and threw it away in the garbage can. However, I could tell that he wasn't happy about the fact that he just wasted some food. Next, he bent down and started to pick up the spoons and forks scattering on the floor, tossing all of them inside the sink. I looked at him with an eyebrow raised, thinking if I should offer to help him or not, although I should. 

     “Kyungsoo, let me help you.” I suggested, bending down and picking up some of the boiling pans scattering on the floor. I glanced at Kyungsoo who was avoiding my eyes, as I turned away emitting a sigh. I placed each of the boiling pans in a row, taking another glance at Kyungsoo. I admit, I felt this foreign feeling knowing that Kyungsoo wasn't talking to me and silence surrounded our atmosphere, but he was probably still really infuriated at me for ruining his kitchen, and I can't blame him. Clearing my throat, I walked over to the sink and let the soaking water come in contact with my hands. I grabbed the hand soap next to the soft, yellow sponge and poured a good amount of it on my hands, then let the soaking water cleaned it, then I suddenly got a meaningful thought. . . 

       Wouldn't it be nice if problems can also be easily erased just by washing it away, like eliminating germs from your hands? 

   Grabbing the small towel laying beside me, I picked it up and squeezed it, letting my hands dry. I quickly turned around to see what Kyungsoo was up to, only to find him staring down at the ground with a rather contemplating expression written on his face. Blinking a few times, I managed to question, “Kyungsoo, are you alright?” He blinked several times, shifting his big, round eyes towards me and responded with a slight nod. Taking a deep breath, I took a few steps forward towards his direction and softly said, “Hey, Kyungsoo. Listen to me, please. Look, I am very sorry for ruining your kitchen. I regret doing that..” Now, this was the time where I expect Kyungsoo to make a good comeback like, ‘Then, you shouldn't have done it in the first place’ or ‘Sorry is not going to solve everything, Jongin’, but instead he decided to only give me another nod. Okay, now that wasn't so Kyungsoo-like. Scratching the back of my head, I scanned my eyes around, scrutinizing what just happened. 

♦♦♦

(Kyungsoo’s P.O.V.) 

          This is really strange, but I didn't understand why my feelings stopped me from letting out my anger on Jongin and hitting him with that wooden chair, when I actually really wanted to do it. When I saw him slipped and seeing him in pain, it softened my feelings, sort of. The feeling of anger inside me somehow decreased and gradually eliminated it, as if nothing had happened. It was such a foreign feeling and I can't help but think about that weird feeling, that I didn't know even existed. And that fact that I can't even manage to let out a word right at the moment, makes it even harder. On the other hand, hearing Jongin's voice didn't help either. Clearing my throat, I looked at the ground and blinked a few times. Suddenly, I, then noticed that I still had to pick up the shattered glass plate in front of me. Honestly, I hated Jongin for ruining my kitchen (AN; I accidentally typed in ‘chicken’ instead of ‘kitchen’ but immediately changed it, love me) but at the same time, I also feel quite glad that the plate wasn't one of the ones that my grandparents gave my family a long time ago. The ones that they give, we consider those plates very special and there were other cooking supplies they gave us as well besides plates. 

   Kneeling down, I realized that I didn't have safety gloves on to protect me from cutting myself with these sharp broken glass everywhere. I immediately stood up, walked over to the cabinet on the second row on the top right and opened it, getting a pair of soft gloves. And with that, I settled the pair in both of my hands and walked over back to the spot. I took a quick glance at Jongin, whom I found staring at me, and I instantly turned away, mentally smacking myself for doing that. As I was about to pick up one of the big broken sharp glass, a hand grabbed my wrist and stopped me. I shifted my eyes up and found Jongin, and right at the moment, I felt my cheeks heating up, as I mentally cursed at such unintentional touch. “Let me pick up those broken glasses myself. You've done enough. It was my fault, so I should be the one cleaning it.” He stated along with a pleading smile, keeping his soft hand with mine. Thus, my heart started to flutter and the heating of my cheeks increased. “Uh..Jongin..” Finally, I managed to let out a stutter, looking at him, then back at our attached hands. “Hm?” He asked cluelessly, looked down, and immediately let out an, “Oh,” before letting go of my hand. 

    Few minutes went by and I suffered an endless silence with Jongin. “I should do it. I – I have the gloves anyways.” I told him along with a soft gaze, as he emitted a sigh, then kneeled down beside me. “Here, give me those gloves.” He held out his right palm, while I shook my head in disapproval. “Jongin, I'll do it.” I suggested, but knowing how stubborn he is, he disagrees again. “Please, Kyungsoo. It's my responsibility. Just, let me do something good for once.” Jongin insisted and letting out a sigh, I slowly took a quick glance of him beside me and found him smiling sincerely, as I let out another sigh and took out the gloves from my hands. Pursing my lips into a small pout, I mumbled a few words and handed him the safety gloves, along with a discouraged expression. He let out a small chuckle and ruffled my hair, settling in the safety gloves in his hands. “You – trying to act cute isn't going to make me let you do it.” His lips formed a sweet smile and for some reason, I ended up staring at him for a few seconds, when I suddenly got interrupted from my trance with a, “Now, please move. I don't want you getting hurt.” 

     Wait, what? Did the Kim Jongin just told me he doesn't want me to get hurt? What? What? Did I hear the right thing or.. I can't think straight right now, ugh. I hate you Kim Jongin for preventing me from thinking straight right now. Ugh, grrrr. Then, I suddenly remembered. . . .

Kyungsoo, it looks to me that Jongin likes you. 

Anyways, good luck with your secret admirer, Kyungsoo. 

I hate you Luhan, ugh. Go away, Luhan. Get out of my thoughts. 

       Shaking my head constantly, I observed Jongin slowly picking up a few sharp broken glasses. He placed some in his hands, then immediately threw them away inside the garbage can, then came back to pick up more. Realizing how slow he was going, I rolled my eyes and traveled a few steps, kneeling down next to him. “Kyungsoo, what are you—” Before he could finish, I picked up the biggest one of all of them and looked at Jongin, plastering a wide smile. “You're horribly slow. So, I'm here to help.” And with that, I ran down to the garbage can, tossing the big broken glass. I ran back to where Jongin was, picking up a medium-sized glass. “Kyungsoo, I don't trust you. Put some safety gloves on first.” He requested, more like demanded, in a motherly tone, causing me to shake my head. “Did we forget who the idiot is here?” Woohoo, go Do Kyungsoo! And your awesome comebacks! “I'm only warning you, Kyungsoo. If anything bad happens to you, it's not responsibility.” He warned, picking up a small sharp glass. “Of course, it's not. I can take care of myself, Jongin.” Rolling my eyes, I picked up another medium-sized broken glass from under the chair, when immediately, I felt the sharpest point with my index finger and pricked it, causing for it to bleed non-stop. 

     I looked at my bleeding finger, taking a quick glance at Jongin who had his back faced me and was busy picking up a few more broken glasses, and immediately regretted not listening to his warning. If he figures out that my finger is bleeding, he's going to be taunting me and telling me, ‘I told you so.’ Frick. I suddenly felt more blood comi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter