touring with mr. owl;

Do Opposites Really Attract?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    (Luhan's P.O.V.)

   I headed to the living room and slowly sat down on the soft, comfortable couch. I looked around in disbelief, due to how big the size of the house was and how beautiful the inside was renovated. Suddenly, a tall man with dark hair and masculine arms approached me. It was scary at first, since I didn't know him at all. “Ohh, you're Luhan, right?” He asked, along with an excited smile as I nodded in agreement. “Nice to meet you. I'm Uncle Jinseok, Ara's husband.” I plastered a small smile as he nodded. “You've met Kyungsoo, right?” I nodded, remembering the big-eyed, owl-like individual whom stated that I resembled a 10 year-old. I didn't understand whether it was supposed to be offensive on my part or a compliment. “What do you think of him?” He asked curiously, as I sighed because I didn't feel like talking, but in order to avoid them having a bad first impression of me, I had to. 

  “He's...good.” I retorted as my so-called Uncle Jinseok plastered a tiny smile. “That's good. He's usually very quiet and it takes a while for him to open up to people, but otherwise, he is a really good kid.” I smiled and nodded, hoping everything he said is true. 

   “Jinseok! It's dinner time.” I heard a female voice which I'm pretty sure was Aunt Ara's, but I wasn't convinced on what location she was in. “Ara said it's dinner time. Come, Luhan.” He suggested as I slowly detached my rear end from the soft cushion, also known as the couch. I followed Uncle Jinseok and we were heading to the kitchen. I aimlessly looked around and saw that the kitchen was just as big as the living room. Then, I saw different paintings on the walls. One was a painting of a beautiful red rose with numerous petals. Another was an optical illusion of a person reading a book in a room, but when you look at it really closely, you can see that the person is sailing on a boat. The last painting was a portrait and I looked at it closely and saw that it was a familiar face. I tried to familiarize it and within a few minutes, I finally realized that it was Kyungsoo. Although, the eyes weren't drawn too large. 

   “Oh, I see you've spotted the paintings that Kyungsoo drew.” Startled, I quickly turned around to see Uncle Jinseok. Why must he be creeping on me? I thought as I shivered, even though there wasn't 1 amount of coldness inside the kitchen. “Wait..he drew those?” I asked, along with a disbelief expression. All the paintings seemed so realistic, and I can't believe he had drawn all of those. He must be an experienced artist. “Yep. The first one he drew for Ara's Mothers' Day present. The second one was during in 8th grade when he joined an Optical Illusion Contest. Then, the third one which is the most recent one was just for fun. One day, he was in his boredom state and decided to draw a self-portrait of himself.” Uncle Jinseok explained informatively, making me all dizzy with words. 

  “He must be a very skilled artist, then.” I complimented, as Uncle Jinseok let out a chuckle. “He isn't fully interested in Art.” Right after he stated that statement, I quickly flinched. How come he draws so well if he isn't fully interested in Art? “Wait, so if he isn't fully interested in Art..then why does he draw things so well?” I asked, quite confused on basically everything. Uncle Jinseok let out another chuckle, “Now, you'll have to ask him that.” With that, he walked away, leaving me in another state of confusion. 

 After a few minutes of endless waiting, it was finally time to eat. I sat on a random chair and right after I sat down, I felt extremely comfortable. Uncle Jinseok was distributing plates and utensils on each person and Aunt Ara was placing all the delicious and magnificent looking foods. Suddenly, I felt like somebody was behind me. I quickly turned around, just to meet eye contact with Mr. Owl, as what I nicknamed him. I was perplexed, as to what was he doing behind me. “This is my seat.” He stated coldly, as my insides started to shiver. He wasn't the type that was intimidating, but he is the creepy type like those horror movies and some scary monster suddenly pops out inside your closet. 

  “O-oh..I'm sorry.” I slowly stuttered with an apologetic inflection and was about to get up, when I was suddenly stopped. “Kyungsoo, you can sit next to Luhan. Just let him sit there for now.” I glanced at Mr. Owl as he nodded obediently and pulled out the chair next to me. It felt quite awkward sitting next to him, since he was noiseless and to me, it felt like nobody was actually sitting next to me. I stood up, grabbed my bowl, and walked up to the middle area of the table. I used the ladle to scoop up some of the chicken soup and pour it inside my bowl. I grabbed my plate and walked up to the corner of the counter to scoop up some rice from the rice cooker and then to my plate. I, then sat back down on my chair and slowly began to eat. I only had a little appetite, and I also didn't want to embarass myself for eating a large amount of food. 

  There was a quiet atmosphere and I was wishing somebody could just scream something in order to break the massive silence that was happening. “Luhan, why are you only eating a little?” My mother broke the silence, and I just shrugged. “Oh! I almost forgot. Kyungsoo, you'll have to show Luhan your room since you will both be sharing it. Second, you have to give Luhan a tour around the backyard and maybe outside to introduce him to some of the neighbors.” Aunt Ara spoke. Without realizing it, I immediately choked. I coughed and coughed, then within 2 seconds, Mr. Owl handed me a glass of water and I immediately drank it. The choking halted and I kept my head down, embarrassed from my sudden unintentional choking. 

  After a few minutes of another massive silence between Mr. Owl and I, I finally finished eating my food. My stomach was filled with all sorts of delicious food, and I didn't feel like getting up. I attempted to get up and walking like an old lady, I slowly brought my plates, utensils, and cups on the sink and I was about to wash them, when I heard a, “I can wash them,” behind me. I quickly turned around, only to see Mr. Owl again. Why must they be so freaking creepy towards me?! I was about to throw a tantrum, but again if I'm going to call myself manly, that won't help proving it. 

  “Kyungsoo darling, your father will wash them. You have to show Luhan your room, then give him a tour.” Aunt Ara reminded, making me mentally choke again with air. “Alright.” Mr. Owl nodded obediently, as I wondered if there was even a time, when he didn't obeyed his parents or anybody else. “My room is upstairs, lets go.” Mr. Owl ran upstairs quickly, as I was about to run as well, but wasn't capable to because of everything that was in my stomach. Mr. Owl stood in front of his bedroom door, patiently waiting for me. “You're really slow, you know that right?” He questioned, along with a sarcastic tone as I nodded. He rolled his eyes and opened his bedroom door, both of us heading inside. 

   “This is my bedroom. It's not that big, but still.” As I entered his bedroom, I aimlessly looked around and saw many more different paintings. However, most of them were landscape, and a few were portraits. There were also numerous posters of English composers from before like, Ludwig Van Beethoven, Johannes Brahms, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, and many, many more that I wasn't capable of naming. Mr. Owl's room had an air conditioner that made me feel like I was flying in the sky and entering a cold cloud. Without even realizing it, I was shivering. “You're shivering. Hold on, let me turn off the air conditioner.” He said, noticing my shivering state, as he quickly ran to the outlet and unplugged the wire of the air conditioner. 

   “As you can see, there are two king sized beds here. I usually sleep at the blue one on the right, so do you mind sleeping at the red one on the left?” He questioned, shifting his eyes towards me as I shrugged. “Hey, why don't you ever talk to me?” He spoke, and I swear I saw a little pout right after he asked that. “It's not that I don't want to talk to you, I do.” I admitted as his gaze remained on me. “Then, why don't you speak to me?” He asked, in a little bit of annoyance tone. “Because I feel like you don't like me.” After I said that, I swear I saw him flinch. “Are you serious? You've only arrived here today. Am I supposed to like you right away?” He explained, in more of a playful tone, which I was comfortable with. As a response, I just shrugged. 

  “Alright. Well, anyways. You'll get the red king sized bed and on the wall, you can put anything you'd like. As

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter