school day;

Do Opposites Really Attract?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Kyungsoo's P.O.V.)

    I heard Beethoven's Fur Elise playing on my alarm and I quickly woke up, rubbing my eyes along with a slight yawn. I opened the curtain of my window and looked down, only to have the beautiful sun, shining right through my face. I smiled, knowing it was another start of a beautiful day. I let out another slight yawn and looked to the other king sized bed across me, only to find out that Luhan wasn't there. I slowly tiptoed to his bed, making sure he wasn't secretly hiding inside his blanket. I slowly opened the blanket, only to see no sign of him. I kneeled down and looked under the bed to see if he was hiding there as well, but nope, no sign of a man resembling a 10-year old latter. 

   Giving up, I opened my bedroom door and walked down the stairs to the living room. There, I saw Luhan sitting down on the couch, eating pancakes with maple syrup by himself with the flourescent lights still off. It wasn't practically dark, since the sun was light outside, but it was roughly almost 6:30 am, so partially dark. “Luhan, is that you?” I questioned, trying to make sure it was really Luhan, and I just wasn't seeing something that resembled a lot like Luhan in my eyes. I caught a glimpse of him nodding, and right away, I knew it was Luhan. “What are you doing here downstairs?” I asked, hoping he would respond to me using words, instead of nodding or shrugging. Taking a seat at the other couch, I waited for a response from him. 

    “I-I woke up early..” He stuttered, taking a bite of another fresh pancake. “Oh..why? Are you nervous for school?” I asked, concerned and hoping, he would tell me the truth so I can help him somehow. “Nah, I'm alright.” He let out a chuckle that sounded totally fake, as I slowly nodded. “Why did you wake up early then?” I was curious as to why he woke up early, if he wasn't nervous for school or anything like that. It was common to be nervous for your first day of school because I experienced that as well. It happened to me a lot during elementary school because I wasn't so used to all the systems in school. “I don't know.” He shrugged and took a bite of his last piece of pancake. I decided to give him a time by himself and headed back upstairs. 

  I opened my closet to pick out clothes I could wear to school for today. I wasn't really the fashionable type of person, so I don't really care what kind of clothes I wear to school, unlike other students. I scanned all my clothes and took out my short-sleeve buttoned down polo that had a checkerboard design with a black collar on it. I, then took out my navy blue long-sleeved polo without a collar that had little white dots as a design, in order to cover up the sides of my short-sleeved polo. Afterwards, I grabbed my gray leather pants, white pair of socks, then my converse sneakers. I headed my way inside my very own bathroom, next to my bedroom, and proceeded on taking a shower. 

    After a good 20 minutes, I was finished showering and I got dressed with my prepared clothes, that were lying on my bed. Thankfully, Luhan wasn't there or that would be really weird if he would be seeing me dressing up myself and . I walked over to the mirror and fixed my hair the style that I wanted it to be. Then, I put on my socks and sneakers. I quickly spotted my glasses and I picked it up, then put it on. I looked at the mirror and smiled. Just perfect, I thought and admired my reflection, which seemed to be quite narcissistic on my part. 

     I headed downstairs to eat breakfast, only to find a well-dressed Luhan, carrying his beige backpack on his back. He was wearing a long-sleeved polo with a white and light blue checkerboard pattern, a denim light blue in color jeans that went perfectly down his ankle, short white socks, and a converse sneakers with white laces. I looked at him from top to bottom, and found out that Auntie Suji or Joonmyeon were neither lying; Luhan is indeed handsome. “Hey..you okay?” He spoke, as I immediately nodded, mentally blaming myself for being distracted. 

     “By the way Luhan, how did you take a shower?” Right after I stated that, I mentally slapped my mouth, realizing how creepy it sounded like. “Excuse me?” He questioned, and his face formed a confused expression. “I-I mean..how were you able to take a shower since I was using my bathroom upstairs?” I asked, more clearly hoping he interpreted it, the way I wanted him to. “Oh, I used the bathroom here downstairs.” He replied, as I nodded in agreement. 

   Walking to the kitchen, I was greeted by the one and only beautiful, Nabi. She barked, indicating she wanted to be petted. I smiled and petted her, avoiding to lift her up since I didn't want my clothes to get dirty, knowing she will do her businesses during the worst times. I went to the counter, only to see my mother. “Morning, Kyungsoo darling.” Mom shifted her eyes towards me and smiled. “Morning, mom.” I replied, as she handed me a plate of pancakes. “Eat well, darling. And also, can you maybe help Luhan get to his classes at school since it's his first day?” She asked, preparing coffee using the coffee maker. “Sure.” I responded, a smile formed on her face. 

     After a few minutes, Luhan and I were ready to go to school. I quickly ran upstairs and grabbed my backpack, then walked outside to meet the driver, Junsoo, who normally takes me to school using my parents' car. “Have a good day at school, both of you.” Mom called out, outside the door, as Luhan and I both nodded. “Follow everything Kyungsoo says Luhan.” Standing next to my mother, Luhan's mom called out. For some reason, what she stated made me chuckled. 

    We fastened our seatbelts and sat comfortably on the massaging seats. Junsoo then started the engine of the car and we headed our way to school. After a long car ride, which was quite strange, since we don't usually take that long to get to school, we finally arrived at our destination. I clapped twice and the doors opened, Luhan's door as well. Speaking of Luhan, I turned around and was startled to see him dozing off. I quickly walked to where he was and constantly poked him, trying to wake him up. “Luhan, wake up.” I poked him more, until he finally moved a bit then slowly opened his eyes. He, then immediately saw my face then quickly sat up, with eyes opened, as if he had just seen some kind of monster. 

    He got off the car and I clapped once then all the doors that were opened were closed. I walked to the main entrance of the school, while Luhan walked beside me. Class hadn't began yet, and students were doing different activities to keep themselves busy. Few girls were sitting together and chatting, few students were playing a soccer game on the soccer field, few students were reading books, some students were simply standing on the side. I saw Jongdae and waved at him, as he waved as well in return. “Kyungsoo~ Oh Luhan, hello to you too. It's your first day, right?” Jongdae walked up to where we were standing and Luhan nodded. “You'll love it here, don't worry Luhan.” Jongdae smiled, sitting on a bench. 

    “Hold up, Jongdae. Did you just say that Luhan will love it here?” Chanyeol, along with Baekhyun beside him approached us from the soccer field. Jongdae nodded confidently as Baekhyun laughed, as if Jongdae was the most hysterical person that ever lived. “Have you seen the school's president? Haha, you're kidding me Jongdae.” Baekhyun shook his head, continuously laughing. “Shut up.” Jongdae mumbled, walking back to the soccer field. “Noooo, Jongie baby come back~” Whining like a little baby, Baekhyun ran after Jongdae. 

       “What's wrong with the school's president?” Breaking the silent atmosphere, Luhan questioned as I turned to Chanyeol. “He's..just..really..erm,” I remained my attention to Chanyeol, who couldn't seem to find a word in his vocabulary that could describe the school's president. Before Chanyeol could come up with an adjective, the bell rang and we all entered inside the school. I scanned Luhan's classes schedule and his first class was English, which was the same as mine. Luhan and I walked our way to our classroom. In this class, we were allowed to sit wherever we want and so I took the front seat, with Luhan sitting next to me.

      Mr. Eric, our English teacher, entered the classroom and smiled at all of us, as if he had just won billions of dollars in the lottery. “Good morning, class. Who's ready to learn some English?” A majority of students from the back groaned, as I let out a chuckle. Other than myself, there was nobody in the school that was really interested in learning. A majority of them just wanted to play video games and such. “Alright, I'll take that as everybody.” Mr. Eric grinned, then suddenly noticed Luhan's presence, looking at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter