what a life;

Do Opposites Really Attract?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Kyungsoo's P.O.V.) 

     Hearing Beethoven's Fur Elise playing on my alarm clock, I immediately sat up and slowly opened my eyes. The alarm clock indicated that it was another long day of school, which I was alright with, but it also indicated that it was another day that's going to be wasted of my life. Suddenly, I spotted a sleepy figure in a deep slumber next to me. My eyes widened more than original, then calmed down realizing it was only the disobedient student I was tutoring yesterday Jongin, then my eyes widened again. Doesn't he have school today as well? What is he doing here inside my bedroom? Do my parents know about this? Millions of thoughts were flooding all over my head and I just felt like exploding right there, but I knew that wasn't going to help anything. Slowly, I tiptoed down to the area where my windows are located and opened it, only to be struck by a huge breeze of cold wind. I looked up at the shining sun above and smiled, wondering how everyone in the world is doing. 

     “Ahhh! What was that?” I heard a screech coming out from a rough male voice, as I immediately turned around to see Jongin, rolling around on my bed, then accidentally fell down on the hard, shiny tiles. At an instant, I quickly ran up to him and offered him a hand, along with a concerned expression. “Are you alright? Are you hurt?” I asked with the most compassionate look ever, as he raised an eyebrow and then managed to let out a small pout. “Why is your bed so slippery?” He questioned, giving me a small glare as I rolled my eyes. “It's not slippery. It's just you being clumsy.” I returned the glare he sent me and rolled my eyes again. “Hey, hey, hey. Just letting you know, I am not stupid. It's you who poured a bottle of oil on your bed and planned to purposely make me fall on the floor, as if I was an idiot.” Struggling, he attempted to get up by himself since I gave up on lending him a hand, but obviously fell again because of the slippery tiles and the knitted blanket at the same time. 

     “If you're not stupid, then why can't you get up by yourself?” I questioned, looking at him with a mocking grin. Jongin sent me another glare with an annoyed expression as he stated, “Oh yeah, whatever you say. Just come here and help me get up!” Grinning, I decided to let him suffer longer, giving revenge to how much he bothered and annoyed me yesterday during tutoring time. “That's not the proper way to ask someone to kindly help you.” Sending me another glare, he took a deep breath, feeling discouraged. “Would you please, kind and intelligent young man, help me stand up and get on with life with your majestic helping hand?” He said softly with annoyance written on his face, as I slowly walked over to him along with a delighted smile and kindly held out my hand for him to grab. “I'm surprised you know that many adjectives.” I muttered, as he stood up clumsily, letting out a small groan. 

    Walking over to my closet, I glanced at my wristwatch as it read, ‘6:30 AM’ as I smiled, knowing I had exactly an hour to get ready, until I had to get dropped off the beautiful and filled with endless intelligence structure, also known as school. Scanning my eyes for something casual to wear, I suddenly felt a feeling of someone breathing behind me as I immediately turned around startled, accidentally hitting his chest with my sharp elbows. Well, of course it was Jongin. He's the clumsiest human-being I have ever encountered with and I hope I don't meet another individual that is similar to him. He placed his right hand on his chest with a painful expression that I instantly knew was fake. 

    I looked at the taller male, wondering why he had to be taller than me out of all people, and rolled my eyes in annoyance for the umpteenth time. “You can stop faking it, you know.” I stated sarcastically, looking at his extremely attractive annoying face. “I was going to help you pick out some swaggy clothes for you to wear until you, out of nowhere just whacks me with your oh so sharp elbows.” He complained, constantly giving his chest a few soft rubs. “Well, for your information, I have no intention of wearing swaggy clothes, or whatever you cool people call it.” I spat sassily, surprising myself that I actually possessed that kind of side. “You called me cool.” Jongin grinned cheekily, making me want to just punch his face so hard, so he can stop being so cute annoying. “I only called you that because I can tell that you've been trying to be cool since the day you were born and it would be quite rude if I say the truth. Am I right?” I smiled proudly before shifting my attention back to my closet, picking out a few casual clothes to wear. 

     “You know, I really don't like those people who possesses an attitude like yours.” Jongin mentioned behind me as I replied, “Well, nobody actually demanded you to take a liking in me.” And with that, I smiled passionately at such powerful comeback. Avoiding eye contact with Jongin, I carefully grabbed my long sleeved buttoned up lavenderish shirt, dark skinny jeans, and a black and white converse sneakers with white laces. Smiling, I closed the closet door, in which I found out that Jongin was leaning on to, as his back got slammed along with the door. “Ow,” He let out a groan as I shook my head and headed back onto the bed. I grabbed my towel and my clothes, then headed to the door to take a quick shower in the next door bathroom. 

     “No, where are you going?” Jongin ran after me, rubbing his sensitive back. “To take a shower, genius. I have school.” I replied, looking at him directly, as I tried not to fall deeply in his dark, hypnotizing eyes. “You called me a genius.” He grinned cheekily, making me want to punch him again. “Sarcasm, genius.” I gave him a sarcastic smile before grabbing the knob of the door and opened it. “Don't touch anything here because I swear to god, I will kick you in the area where you don't desire to be kicked.” And with that, I skipped my way to the bathroom, feeling the massive amount of freedom without the annoying Kim Jongin bothering me. 

♦♦♦

(Jongin's P.O.V)

        Smiling, I carefully closed the door when Kyungsoo left and immediately plopped down on his soft, comfortable bed. The smell of his bed contained a lovely fragrance that reminds you of the scent of a strawberry flavored cologne. Grabbing one of his pillows that was beside me, I smiled and instantly cuddled it like it was a teddy bear. Taking a deep breath, I looked up at the ceiling and a smile formed on my face, although I had no idea what it was for. Laying down on this soft bed, cuddling a pillow, feeling the cold breezy wind from the nature, I felt happy. It was like I was being myself, not the cool, swaggy Jongin I want to be, it was just me. A Jongin that is feeling a great amount of freedom, away from such bundle of screaming fangirls who probably are waiting for me outside the school gate as of now. It was the true me, whom no one is suppose to identify in any way possible, since it was hidden so deep, that not even any professional archaeologist could discover methaphorically speaking. 

          I slowly stood up and walked around, scanning every item that Kyungsoo had in his bedroom. Everything this boy had was so different as to what I have, considering how wealthy his family seems. Everything he possesses in his room were a bunch of simple things whereas mine has a bunch of peculiar items containing inside it. He has posters of English composers, I have posters of women in bikinis. He has a massive amount of portraits of creative scenes, I have a massive amount of sticky notes pasted on my walls from my mother, telling me to start doing my daily routines. His bedroom is so clean and well-organized, while mine is so dirty and so disorganized that even people can easily guess that an animal could also survive there. This boy was just so different than me, even personality-wise. Yet, despite all these differences, it makes me want to protect him. To never let him go and help him overcome his problems. It was a strange feeling yet; so true. 

       As my eyes scanned around the spacious bedroom, I quickly spotted the picture frame that had his baby picture when he was still three years old imprinted inside it. Walking over to its location, I smiled and gently picked it up. I stared at the picture for a few seconds and slowly started running the tip of my thumb on his adorable, happy face. I couldn't get my eyes off his beautiful smile that made his lips formed a shape of a heart. He possessed that charming smile, causing one lonely person to become overwhelmingly happy just by glancing at it, that even I was envious of not having. It was a smile that only he himself was born with, and it was special. Even when Kyungsoo gives me that expression that looks like he just wants to punch and get rid of me, it makes me want to annoy him more because it seems that, the more he gives me that expression; the more I feel myself open up and reveal my true self. 

       My phone quickly rang, interrupting me from my deep thoughts. Staring at the sweet picture for a few minutes, I smiled affectionately and had the urge to kiss the charming character in the picture, but it only ended up as a warm hug. “Don't ever change yourself...It's perfect. And also, don't ever change that charming smile you possess..It's one of a kind. It's very special..You can cheer up anyone in a second just by catching a glimpse of it. When you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter