the worse, the better;

Do Opposites Really Attract?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Luhan’s P.O.V.) 

      “Ugh, I can't take this anymore! Where is Sehun?!” I shouted filled with disappointment, aimlessly meandering around the empty, silent street. “Bambi, it'll be alright. Calm down, we'll find him eventually.” Minseok walked beside me, hands inside his denim jeans pocket. I emitted a deep sigh, looking around trying to see if Sehun was anywhere in this area. Taking a few more steps, I averted my eyes to the ground, wondering how stupid I could get. Sehun was my first priority, yet I allowed him to leave like this, well not really allowed, but was oblivious to it. But, why would he suddenly leave though? Scratching the back of my head, I raised an eyebrow. 

        “Luhan, what if we just all go in different directions? That'd make this situation much easier.” Kyungsoo suggested, following behind me, along with a clueless looking Jongin beside him. That was a good idea. I gave him a small, satisfied nod, “That's a great idea.” Kyungsoo flashed a small smile towards me. “I'll bring Jongin with me. I'm afraid he'll get lost right away, I mean just look at him.” Using his index finger, he pointed at Jongin who was occupying himself by pointing to different houses while mouthing, ‘I like that house, oh wait, that one too.’ I assumed he was attempting to make it as a joke, but the purpose did not affect me one bit. “Alright.” I gave him another nod, taking a deep sigh. “I'll come with you, Bambi.” Minseok said, giving my shoulder a light pat, while I continued staring at the ground expressionless. 

   “Jongin, hurry up. Stop pointing at different houses and commenting that you're fond of them. You can't marry a house, lets go.” Grabbing Jongin's wrist, Kyungsoo dragged Jongin to the opposite direction, not forgetting to send me a goodbye wave. I slumped down my shoulders, resembling a person after he failed on succeeding an important task. Suddenly, I felt a soft, flawless hand intertwining with mine, causing me to send a gaze to the owner of the hand, only to see Minseok with an endearing beam plastered on his face. At first, I was quite surprised by the sudden touch, but I ended up not really caring because Sehun was still in my mind.

       After a good 20 minutes of wandering aimlessly around the empty street, I found myself leaning against a cemented wall. Minseok took a few steps forward, eventually ending up leaning beside me. A few moments of silence engulfed both of us, while I leisurely kicked a small pebble from the road, causing a scratchy sound coming from friction. I exhaled another deep breath, not knowing what to do. I felt a hand picking up my straightened, slender hand, gently dragging me back on the lonesome road. “It'll be okay, I promise. Come on, lets go.” Minseok gave me a reassuring smile, gently dragging me with him like a lost little puppy, or maybe a lazy little puppy, but either way, they both described my composure. 

        “It's almost 8:00 PM, you must be hungry. Lets go find a restaurant.” Minseok suggested, glancing at his wristwatch, then adverting his gaze towards my depressed looking figure. “Minseok, I'm fine. I don't need to eat.” I replied, letting out a sigh, while his thin lips formed a small pout. His eyes looked really serious, however. “Bambi, you only ate strawberries and that was 2 hours ago. We didn't even eat dinner yet.” He explained, looking at me with a rather serious visage. “But, Minseok. I'm really not that hungry. Lets go find Sehun.” At the mention of Sehun's name, my lips developed into a pout, mentally smacking my head with a brick. 

    “You know, we can find Sehun with more energy if our stomach are full.” He commented, the light pout on his lips remained. “But—” The unfinished disapproval statement came into an abrupt stop, when Minseok had interrupted me. 

        “It's either you approve of us having dinner in a restaurant and walk by your own feet, or I'm going to have to carry you. Bridal style, that is.” He warned, more like threatened to me, followed by his bottom lip jutting out a bit and his eyelashes batting continuously. Although, I had no appetite towards eating, I couldn't say no to such adorable face and such threat. For your information, I'm not in the right mood to be fond with being carried bridal style, and to think that is the public is even worse. Emitting a defeated sigh, I uttered, “Alright, fine.” 

        And thus, both Minseok and I, hands still intertwining, walked towards the same direction, searching for a restaurant to fill the desires of our stomach. 

♦♦♦

(Kyungsoo’s P.O.V.) 

        “Squishy, we should go this way.” Letting out a small groan, I turned around to look at Jongin, whom I found pointing to a short path with his index finger, somehow filled with excitement, the huge grin on his face gave it all away. Raising an eyebrow at his sudden change of behavior, I slowly walked backwards, peeking on what made him that happy. As if I didn't expect it, he was straightly pointing towards an arcade filled with bright lights on the exterior. Oh yes, did I mention that we're in the streets of Seoul now? Well, we are. Having the desire to kick him, I immediately tried to control my patience, huffing out a groan. “Jongin.” I managed to let out a word, although it was just his name, but the exasperated look on my face explained everything. 

   A bothersome pout found its way on his lips, resulting my eyes to roll in annoyance. The pout was quite cute, however. “Pouting makes you ugly, Jongin.” I insulted, although it was a total lie, since I totally found his pout quite appealing for no reason. “Wait, so if I'm not pouting, you think I'm handsome then?” A glint of happiness appeared in his almond-like orbs, which made my heart flutter a bit, but I immediately shrugged it off. “Still not.” I shook my head in disapproval, somehow feeling a bit of guilt when the glint in his eyes rapidly faded, after hearing my response. 

    “But Squishy, please~ Lets go inside the arcade~ I promise, I will win you a plushie.” He pleaded, another pout formed on his lips, followed by extremely adorable puppy eyes. Heck no, I'm a grown man, I don't play with plushies. Wait.. On second thought, a plushie sounds intriguing. Staring at him for a few seconds, I gave him a small defeated nod, looking down at the ground with a pout. I saw Jongin's eyes turning into half crescents, plastering a triumphant beam. “Oh my god, yes! Thank you! Thank you! You're the best, Squishy!! Ugh, I love you!!” He jumped up and down, pulling me into a warm, tight embrace. 

     I gulped — hard. I didn't know whether it was because I was somehow suffocating or the fact that Jongin said that he loves me. However, the sudden intimacy made me shiver a bit. “Um..” I cleared my throat, somehow still mystified. Immediately realizing it, he slowly let go of me, scratching the back of his head, along with a small sheepish smile. “Sorry..” He muttered, a small innocent grin on his face appearing. Ugh, Jongin. Stop it. “It's alright.” I responded quietly, scanning my eyes around the street awkwardly. Then, the thought of Jongin clearly saying, ‘I love you’ suddenly reminded me, resulting me to shiver at such thought. 

     “Are you cold?” Jongin questioned, looking at me with a concerned expression. I decided to avoid his eyes, pretending to look somewhere else. It was for the best, I guess. “Um, no.” I said quietly, shaking my head. “Oh, if you say so.” He uttered, although he did not sound satisfied with my response. “Jongin..” I quietly called, while he shifted his eyes towards me. “Yes?” He questioned, confusion written all over his face. “Don't you have anything to say?” I inquired, putting an emphasis on the word ‘anything’ so he'll somehow realize the point, but knowing him, I doubt he would. 

     Plastering a charming smile on his face, he looked at me with his eyes glimmering in excitement, “Lets go win some plushies!” And with that, he cheerfully skipped to the shining arcade, along with jaunty steps. I rolled my eyes in annoyance, watching Jongin's retreating back, emitting a soft groan. “Such an oblivious person.” I muttered to myself, rolling my eyes again. Then, he suddenly turned around, using hand motions gesturing me to catch up with him, even though we were somehow 10 feet away distant from each other. I bit my bottom lip, giving him a scowl, before walking towards his direction, not forgetting to spit out an, ‘Ugh, Kim Jongin.’

          You are so stupid Jongin, but yet you are so...ugh.

♦♦♦

(Luhan’s P.O.V.) 

         “What do you want to eat?” Minseok asked, shifting his eyes upwards to the menu imprinted above. “I'd eat whatever, even a rock.” I responded, my depressing mood coming back. Minseok let out a small chortle, before putting a hand on my shoulder. “Come on, be serious. Bambi, we need to eat.” He looked at me with comforting eyes, somehow making my mood a bit better, just a bit. I huffed out a soft whine before replying, “I'll just have a steak with mushroom, rice, and a drink.” After I finished my statement, Minseok gave me a delighted smile, giving my nose a small boop. “That's the Bambi I know. I'll just order here and you can go find an empty table.” He suggested, the soft smile on his face remained, while I gave him an obedient smile. 

   Looking around aimlessly, I found a tall, rounded in shape, unoccupied table with a spotless white top, accompanied with two special fresh looking cushioned chairs that were black and white. To me, it looked extremely comfortable and satisfying. Plastering a small smile with my lips, I slowly took a seat on the white in color chair and letting out a delighted breath feeling absolutely comfortable. This is amazing. 

    “Excuse me, sir?” Rapidly shifting my head towards the soft, female-like voice from staring outside the enlightened buildings outside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter