new place;

Do Opposites Really Attract?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Luhan, we're going to Korea and will be staying with your aunt, Ara.” 

Luhan sighed, still remembering his mother's voice from a few hours ago in their house, saying that they will apparently be staying in his aunt's house for 3 years, until his father comes back overseas. He was walking and looking around the ginormous airport, along with his mother and 9 year old sister, Jinhua. They were in the infamous Beijing Capital International Airport, which was quite beautiful yet overly crowded. The young latter covers his eyes with his sunglasses and trailed behind his mother. Everywhere you looked around, you could spot people with different ethnicities and—as weird as it sounds—hair colors.  

 “Luhan, hurry up. We're going to be late for our flight.” Luhan's mom called out to his slow son, who was aimlessly looking around the spacy airport, as if it was the most wonderful thing he had ever seen his whole entire life. Luhan snapped out of his thoughts and looked in front of him, only to see that his mother was already way ahead of him. He quickly sprints like the wind to catch up with his hurried mother. 

After a few minutes which seemed like 20 years to the young man, they had finally arrived at the waiting area. Luhan sat on one of the empty metallic seats and took a deep breath. Perspiration dripping on his face were present, due to running so much and trying to catch up with his mother and sister. “Luhan, you are sweating. Come here. Let me wipe all those sweat.” His mother said, carefully grabbing her panting son's wrist and making him sit next to her. She took out a handkerchief from her bag and wiped her son's sweaty face and arms. Luhan whined, “Mom~ You don't have to wipe my sweat for me. I can do it myself. I'm not a baby.” Luhan disliked being treated as a baby by his mother and father, because after all, he was now a grown man. 

The young man's mother smiled motherly to his son and handed him the handkerchief. Luhan smiled happily, wiping his sweat. “Flight 1207 is here.” A voice announced from the speaker above the ceiling, making Luhan flinch momentarily and immediately looked up high. “That's our flight, lets go.” Luhan followed his mother and sister once again, inside the large airplane as he sat on his assigned seat. He was sitting near the window, which made him feel very problematic since he never liked being up high.

After a few minutes of people getting inside the airplane, sitting down in their respective seats, and the stewardesses examining if everything was the way it should be, the plane was finally ready to ascend. “Everyone, we're going to launch now. Enjoy the ride.” One of the stewardess with a long, dark hair announced as Luhan grabbed a soft, white pillow from his backpack and clutched it on his chest tightly. He took a quick glance down the window, but quickly covered his eyes with the pillow, after he realized just how high they were on the sky. Luhan despised heights including rollercoasters and all those other dangerously high activities.

Without even realizing it, the adorable grown man had fallen into a deep slumber. 

♦♦♦

(Luhan's Dream)

 “Luhan, give us your lunch money.” The terrible and dangerous Kris, or as what he prefers to be called The Terrible Galaxy, demanded. Luhan shook his head bravely, determined to not fall on any of this bully's tricks again. Kris was the leader of the gang in Luhan's school, calling themselves ‘EXO-G.’ Numerous students had laughed at the name, thinking it stood for EXO-Gay. But, apparently, it stood for EXO-Gangsters. Nobody had any idea where the name originated or if it was abbreviated for anything. Other than Kris, there were 2 more people in the gang. Huang Zitao and Zhang Yixing. 

“Luhan, give us your lunch money or we're going to beat you up.” Yixing glared at Luhan as Tao beside him smirked. “I need it for my lunch.” Taking a deep breath, Luhan spoke. “Does it actually look like we care?” Yixing plasters a smug look on his face. Kris and Tao just smirked and nods their heads in agreement at Yixing’s claim. “Just go away.” Luhan said, turning around and trying to walk away from them. He has learned ever since he was in elementary school that whenever you get in a predicament, you walk away and ignore it. Unfortunately, that plan didn’t seem to work in this case.

Zitao kicked Luhan's rear end with full strength, making him drop to the floor. He attempted to stand up, but was stopped by another kick on his thigh. He was almost about to cry, but he knew that if he was going to call himself manly, he was going to have to endure it. 

“Luhan, where are y—” Luhan immediately shifted his eyes to where the voice came from and saw that it was his best friend, Kim Minseok. Minseok's eyes widened as he saw Luhan’s figure laying down on the floor panting and looked up to see the notorious gang, EXO-G. He immediately figured that the gang had bullied Luhan once again. Honestly, it was becoming into a futile habit. Minseok instantly ran up to Luhan and constantly bombarded him if he was alright since he was genuinely concerned.

“Oh no, wait..aren't you—” Before Zitao could even finish his sentence, Minseok stood up and interrupted him. “Kim Minseok? The strongest male in the whole school? Yep, that's me.” Minseok looked at Zitao with a sharp, intense glare; sending Zitao shivers down his whole spine. Before Minseok could continue speaking, the members of EXO-G dashed off the hallways and back to their classes. 

“Chickens.” Minseok smirked, rolling his eyes. He quickly helped his best friend stand up, his countenance clouded with worries. “Luhan ge, are you okay? Where did they hit you?” Unlike other students in the school, Minseok was reliable. He would help people with homework, studying, cleaning, organizing, or even just simple things like whenever his teachers asks him to bring papers to the next classroom. He was a great student. Intelligent, helpful, responsible, no one found a microscopic flaw in Minseok. 

“Thanks for saving me, man. I owe you.” Luhan slowly stood up and lets out a muffled grunt at the pain from his rear end and thigh. He couldn't understand why they just have to beat him up at the most painful spots. Frankly, it was a stupid choice. “It's alright, Luhan ge. At least you're fine now. Lets head back to class, shall we?” Minseok smiled, and placed his arms around Luhan’s shoulders, whom instead of feeling more painful, was feeling something strange and inexplicable. Luhan and Minseok had been friends for roughly 4 years, yet Luhan hasn't really realized that something was definitely not right. 

Maybe, Luhan liked Minseok more than a friend. Or vice-versa. Luhan never realized his feelings towards Minseok until now. Although, it was quite strange that Luhan was interested on Minseok in a relationship way considering how they were both males. But, love has no exception right? Indeed. Little did Luhan knew that Minseok also felt the same way. Minseok had liked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter