Chapter Eleven

Ready to take a chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His lawyer flew in early from Seoul "good morning Atty. Lee Jong Hyuk i am here to see Jin Hyuk, he requested to see me" he informed the ahjumma that opened the door for him "please come in he is in his room"  Shin Hye came downstrairs and saw the lawyer in the living room, she smiled at him "hi Park Shin Hye you must be Atty. Lee" he nodded and extended his hand, she took it and they shook hands "ahjumma, show him to the study and get us some tea. i will get oppa" she went to his room and the nurse was assisting him in putting on his shirt, she smiled when she came in to his room "Atty. Lee is in the study" he stretch his hands to her and she took it and he kissed it "good morning, do you have any plans for today?" he asked with a smile, she shook her head "i just came back from Seoul, you wanted me to leave?" "no, i wanted to show you something" she tilted her head "what is it?" 'later, you will see it anyway" she smiled and intrigued what Jin Hyuk will show her, she wheeled him to the study for him to meet with his attorney as he requested. 

 

Attorney Lee left after hours of talk with Jin Hyuk, he was feeling better today but yesterday it was the worst day that Shin Hye has to cut short her trip from Seoul, he was nauseous the whole day and he keeps thowing up and he can't take anything in and she was so worried, she has to sleep in the room next to his just for her to monitor him closely.  Jin Hyuk asked the ahjumma to prepare lunch by the beach, there are two separate houses in the property there is the main big house and there is a beach house a few meters away from the shore, it is where Shin Hye's studio is, Jin Hyuk has been spending more time at the beach house painting on good days. Shin Hye and him went to the beach house for lunch, it was a perfect sunny day the ahjumma prepare a scumptious lunch with grilled octupus, clear dumpling soup, korean pancakes and samgyupsal. She was shock that he prepared something for her inspite of his condition "what is all this?" "i wanted to do something for you and i wanted to give you something that i have been working on for a few days now, he asked her to go to the studio  with him and when they went in there was a painting that was cover with white cloth he held her hand and said "go on take a look" he said and smiled at her. When she opened removed the cover and was shock to see that it was a painting of herself, she covered and tears started to fall on her cheeks, she hugged her and kissed him "you amaze me, inspite of everything you still have the strength to do this......thank you i love it"  he cupped her face and kissed her, he rested his forehead on hers "i have been wanting to do that for so long" then she hugged him.  

 

They spent the whole afternoon in the beach house, Jin Hyuk wheeled himself near the swing grasped her hand "i have been meaning to tell you something but i just don't know how to tell you" she looked at him and her heart was racing "what is it oppa? you know you can tell me anything, right?" he nodded "i don't want to be unfair to you, i know the treatment is not fullproof that i will survive but the more i control it the more it keeps getting stronger" "oppa, what are you trying to say" he looked at her "i thought it was just an infatuataion but i have fallen for you"  she smiled and bit her lower lip "the first time i met you at the museum, i had a crush on you then it grew to something else when i started this journey with you, i have fallen for you too" he hugged her tight "i want to spend my remaining days with you" she shook her head "son't say that, we will take one day at a time, we will seize the day, arasso?" 

 

Shin Hye made sure to spend her days with him and letting him feel that she loves him knowing that one day he will leave her.  He has been spending more and more time at the beach house painting. She went to the beach house bringing him his medication and some food, she asked the ahjumma to place the tray on the table, she walked towards him who was busy painting she wrap her arms around his neck and rest her chin on his shoulders "it is time for your medication" she whispered and handed him the pill and water. She asked the nurse if he has been taking his medication regularly because she notice that the first bottle should be consumed by now but there are still a few pill left, "oppa, have you been skipping your pills?" she asked him outright, he did not say anything he changed the topic "would you want to take a walk on the beach later?" he asked her "are you up for it? you might get tired" she said with a concern in her voice he looked at her "i feel better and besides we would not go far" she smiled weakly and nodded.  Jin Hyuk has not bee taking his pills for a few days now, the pill makes him weak, he keeps throwing up, he does not want to eat all he does is sleep and he feels tired, he wanted to spen more time with her being "normal", he is getting tired with all the treatment he just want to enjoy the remaining days,weeks or months loving her. They have spent everyday like any other normal couple, they laugh, they argue, they make up...the most important thing is that they were happy.

 

3 months later 

Shin Hye was in Seoul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter