Lies

I Need You to Survive

Tiffany examined Taeyeon’s facial expression which looked to be of sadness, irritation, and some anger, “Don’t tell me you fought with him again?”

The two started walking down the hallway, “I don’t want to talk about it…”

“Taeyeon you went into your dorm for like 5 minutes to get your badminton stuff and you had another fight! Seriously can’t you two spend any amount together without it turning into a fight?” Tiffany was almost yelling at her friend due to pure frustration with her actions.

“I know I know. I just can’t control it.”

“Tae I am your best friend but I can’t help but side with Jesse here. Take him out for ice cream or something. You need to make up with him.”

Taeyeon grabbed her hair in frustration, “Ahh I know but something about him just gets under my skin.”

The two girls finally arrived in the gym where Taeyeon’s badminton practice was held. Tiffany glanced around but her eyes glued to one boy, “Tae…I think we need to break up already.”

“Huh?”

“I want to dump you for that hottie over there.”

Taeyeon looked to where she was pointing, “Oh Nichkhun?”

“Ah a cool name as well. So what do you say about breaking up?”

Taeyeon sighed, “I can’t even keep a girl for one day…”

“We can still be friends at least,” Tiffany gave Taeyeon a quick wink before skipping off to use her charms on Taeyeon’s teammate.

Taeyeon just laughed at her friend’s actions, “She sure is boy-crazy…” She started unpacking her racquet to start practice before she went over to Tiffany to pull her away from her new crush.

 

 

“I thought you played better Tae…”

Taeyeon was already frustrated that her practice went like crap and she didn’t need her friend to state the obvious. “Not my best day…”

“Looks like something is bothering you…or maybe someone’s whose name starts with a J –ʺ

Tiffany and Taeyeon made it back into the room but they stopped at the door when they heard Jesse talking to someone on the phone. Both knew that it wasn’t polite to eavesdrop but both listened carefully.

Taeyeon was very obvious about it by putting her ear on to the door while Tiffany watched her dorky friend.

“Hey Krystal…I don’t know if I can do it…my feelings are all mixed up…how can I? He hates me…okay okay I love you too. See you soon.”

Taeyeon looked back at Tiffany and whispered, “Who is Krystal?”

“How would I know? He is your roommate?? Maybe he has a girlfriend too?”

“I thought he was gay??”

“Did you ask if he was?”

“Yea…and he denied it…”

“Then why did you think he was gay?”

“He said he loved Yoochun…”

“Well it doesn’t sound like he is.”

While the two were deep in conversation, Jessica opened the door causing the other two near the door to jump back while trying to look busy.

“Oh you…” Jessica didn’t say much more and walked past the other two coldly.

Tiffany knew she had to save her friend so she took the courage to face Jesse, “Hey Jesse where you going?”

Jessica stopped for a few seconds, “Food.”

“Ah good! I was about to leave. Ta—I mean Jiwoong why don’t you go eat with Jesse since I have to leave?”

Both the roommates looked at Tiffany in surprise. As far as they knew, the other hated their guts so why would the other party want to eat with them? However Tiffany nudged Taeyeon closer and started walking away, “By babe! Have a good meal.”

Taeyeon looked at her friend in disbelief; did her friend want her to have an early death? “Come on let’s go…” Taeyeon wasn’t sure if she heard right but she started following her roommate in silence.

Jessica didn’t look back to see if the other person was following but she secretly hoped that there was someone trailing behind her fast strides. “Ah umm…I am sorry about earlier.”

Jessica stopped walking and looked back to her roommate, “Which time?”

“About you and Yoochun…I shouldn’t have jumped to conclusions.”

“And?”

“And for giving you a hard time about it…”

“And?”

Taeyeon looked at Jessica in disbelief, “And what else?”

“Never mind then.” Jessica continued walking but Taeyeon stayed glued in her spot trying to think if she did anything else to upset Jessica. Her thoughts were broken when she heard Jessica telling her to hurry up.

 

The two made it to the cafeteria together but they were anything but talkative during the meal. Jessica usually hates it when Taecyeon joins but today it was like a breath of fresh air, “Hey! Can I join you?”

“Yes!” The two girls said in unison.

“Oh wow I didn’t know you both liked me so much!” The girls laughed awkwardly at the comment but Taecyeon didn’t catch on to why they both wanted him there.

“So Jung did you hear that training camp is next week?”

“What do you mean training camp? Didn't practice just start?”

“Yes yes but we need to make cuts and the coach likes to do it the first few days of camp.”

“Oh I see.”

“It is at the beach so umm you might want to get a doctor’s notice for a skin condition you have before then.” Taecyeon didn’t say much more but left the table.

Taeyeon spoke up instead out of concern, “You have a skin condition?”

“Ah no...” Jessica thought to why Taecyeon would make that comment. Why a skin condition? Beach? Boys wear no shirt? *I need a fake skin condition!* Jessica stood up abruptly, “I have to go!”

“But you barely touched your food!” Jessica ignored Taeyeon’s comment and left the cafeteria in a hurry.

“I wonder if she is really sick?” Taeyeon just ignored the whole weird conversation thing and decided to finish her meal.

 

 

The next day Taeyeon went to practice but everyone was huddled around a piece of paper, “what is that?”

Nichkhun spotted “Jiwoong” and went over to him with the piece of paper, “Look coach gave us this notice that we will join the soccer team for training near the ocean.

“What?! Why? We need to practice indoors!”

“Have you heard of beach badminton?” Taeyeon looked at Nichkhun curiously, “I take that as a no. Well coach wants our agility to improve so we do a week of beach badminton to help us. We were lucky that we could share the bus with the soccer team this time.”

“I see...” Taeyeon thought about the fact that her and Jesse would be together...there would be a beach...beach means swimming...boys don’t wear tops for swimming...*Maybe I need a skin condition too...maybe I can make a fake one. I better call Tiffany.*

 

----------------

 

A week later Jessica was on the bus ready to go to training camp. She wanted to tell her roommate that she would be gone but the shortie was so busy with his practice that she couldn’t find him. Luckily she was able to get a seat next to Yoochun on the bus...so far the training camp seemed bearable!

However fate didn’t want her to be all that happy. Her eyes drifted towards another sports team that boarded the bus.

“You!” They pointed in unison.

 


Author's Note

So I think the story will get more interesting from this point forward. 

If you didn't subscribe to my other fanfiction and see my announcement; I am not leaving you. I will never abandon my OTP! Taengsic will always be in my heart!

Loveyall! Keep commenting and upvotes are appreciated as always!