A Place in Time

I Need You to Survive

Jessica woke up with the tide splashing on her feet. The warm sun was starting to shine on her face as she slowly opened her eyes. After getting up she quickly looked around but her roommate was nowhere to be found. Her heart dropped thinking the boy ran away and went back to the gym without waking her.

“Here.”

Jessica quickly turned to see her roommate holding a glass of hot water in front of her, “I thought you left.”

Taeyeon sat down next to the groggy person, “Nope. Just went to see if the door was locked and it was but I managed to get into the cafeteria and get some hot water at least.”

Jessica’s eyes remained locked while she saw the sincerity in the boy. Her heart was beating faster and faster not to mention she saw images of him kissing her last night. It was dangerous that she was falling deeper. Right now she had so many secrets that she couldn’t tell him. What if she started to fall in love with him and he couldn’t accept that she was actually a girl? So many thoughts.

Meanwhile, Taeyeon was thinking the same thing. She knew that things would get complicated if she was ever found out as a girl in this school. Taking a walk in the early morning to clear her head only filled it with more doubts and uncertainties. She wanted to tell Jesse that she was actually a girl to relieve the weight on her heart but what if that drove a wedge through them?

“Time?” Jessica finally broke the silence.

“Oh close to 6 am.”

Jessica stood up and brushed the sand off herself, “I need to go back. We have 7:30 practice.”

Taeyeon just remained seated in the sand she watched the person in front of her, “Oh…um you should get going then.”

“I will see you around then?” Jessica and Taeyeon could feel the air thicken with uncertainty. What was their relationship now and how to keep their secrets hidden?

----------------------------

Jessica slipped back into her room to find Taecyeon was still sleeping. Sneaking around she quickly got dressed and ready for a busy day. Upon returning from the bathroom, Taecyeon was finally up and topless. Jessica was stunned to see the toned and chiseled body he had. No doubt it turned her on but she shook the thoughts right away.

“You got up early.” Taecyeon finally reached for a shirt and put it on, “I am going to eat, you want to come with?”

“Don’t you want to wash up?”

“Will it matter?” Jessica sighed remembering that he was still a boy. Hygiene wasn’t on the top of their list of things to do but food definitely was.

The two made their way to the cafeteria and saw a hearty array of food. Jessica scanned the room and saw that there were also boys from the badminton team eating with them. Her thoughts went to her roommate. Would she get the pleasure of seeing him before practice?

Jessica carefully took a seat next to her teammates. The guys ate their food fast but Jessica was trapped in her thoughts always glancing up in hope of seeing that dimpled smile she loved. When Jessica looked back at her teammates, their plates were empty so she quickly ate up her food so she could leave with Taecyeon.

 

Running…Running…Running…Jessica was beyond exhaustion. She knew conditioning was very important in soccer but if this was all they were going to do, then quitting looked like an amazing option. How she desired to just touch a soccer ball at this point. “Find a partner and soccer ball!” Jessica suddenly smiled knowing they would get to play but she soon frowned when it was another agility drill with her partner. Of course Taecyeon took the initiative to pull her away from her idol, Yoochun, but she was starting to expect this would happen every time. No choice but just accept this reality.

It was another hour of agility and partner work when Jessica’s world started spinning. It was like an intense ride you would only experience if you went to the amusement park but this one ended with the lights going off.

“Jung!”

------------------------------

Taeyeon finished practicing her 100 serves so she went over to get her water while staring at her lazy coach who clearly fell asleep after telling all of them to do 100 serves. She sighed wondering how he got a job at this school known for a top notch team. After wiping her face and hands with her towel she was about to go back and help with the cleanup but her ears heard something that made her drop her racquet and sprint to the infirmary.

 

Taeyeon was out of breath when she reached the doors of the infirmary. She was about to open the door but she heard Taecyeon talking to Jesse. Relief spread when she knew he was okay, but her feet remained planted listening to a story that made her blood run cold.

---------------------------------

After carrying Jesse to the infirmary because he collapsed, Taecyeon just watched the serene face of the person sound asleep. The doctor said it was a minor heat and they would have to wait it out. The doctor wanted him to change the clothes but Taecyeon said they would be fine and he would do it for the doctor while he went out to get some lunch.

Taecyeon was alone with Jesse. He carefully the hand that was before him. The eyes of the sleeping person finally opened, “Tae….”

“Jung it is me Taecyeon! How are you feeling?” He blushed when she recognized him right away.

Jessica’s eyes thought she saw Taeyeon but when her vison restored, she saw Taecyeon in front of her, “I am fine.”

Taecyeon helped him get up and drink some water, “you are just dehydrated but you will be fine.”

Jessica looked down to see that her clothes were changed. She sat their frozen knowing someone must have found out her secret but who? “Umm these clothes??”

Taecyeon blushed, “I ah had to change you into something cooler.”

“So then um you…”

“Jessica…” Jessica saw her world crashing when he addressed her by her real name. “Jessica I know you are a girl.”

“Is it because of um this?” She said while pointing at her clothes.

Taecyeon sighed, “Ah no. You really don’t remember me?”

Jessica looked at Taecyeon harder but she was having a hard time remembering why she should know him.

“Let me remind you.”

 

~9 Years Ago~

 

Jessica ran through the fields laughing at the boy behind her who was having a hard time keeping up, “How do you expect to play soccer if you can’t keep up with a girl?”

The boy was huffing and puffing, “You aren’t a girl!”

Jessica twirled in her dress, “Why would I be dressed this way then?”

“Because you are strange,” the boy finally caught his breath and walked towards the girl he just met a few hours ago.

The two kids started walking towards a small lake hidden at the edge of the field, “I never met a girl who likes sports but is so pretty…” The boy was blushing madly.

Jessica sat so she could put her feet in the water, “Do you think we can see each other after today?”

The boy took off his shoes and joined the girl, “Maybe. I mean your parents know my parents.”

“Then lets be friends!” Jessica held out her hand to shake the boy’s hand.

 

~8 Years Ago~

 

Tears streamed down Jessica’s face, “You can’t go!”

The boy was also crying, “My parents said I have to go…”

“But you promised to play soccer with me!”

The boy went up to the girl and handed her his soccer ball, “If we ever meet in Korea, we can play together. Promise?”

The girl looked at the boy with tears in her eyes, “Promise.”

The boy started walking away but quickly turned around and ran up to the girl and gave her a quick peck on her cheek before running off, “Yah! Taecyeon! You get back here!” The two kids chased after each other before they had to split.

 

Jessica looked at Taecyeon in the eyes, “I can’t believe it is you…”

Taecyeon blushed, “I am just glad you kept your promise…but I never expected to meet you again this way.”

“How did you know it was me? I tried to be so careful.”

Jesse Jung really? Of course I knew because of your name and how could I forget the face of my first love.”

Jessica blushed, “First love?”

“Actually…the only girl I ever had eyes for was you. Even now.”

Jessica didn’t know how to respond. She thought she was falling for her roommate after that kiss they had the night before but now there was Taecyeon. He was her first love and the reason she chose to take up soccer. Soccer was the reason to see him again but how did she forget that over the years?

“I don’t expect you to give me an answer but could you be my girlfriend? I mean, I never stopped loving you and I want to take care of you from now on.”

Jessica was stunned. How should she answer? Here was her old love who knows her identity but why did her heart skip so many beats for the new feelings she had for her roommate but being with him was a risk. He doesn’t know her identity and how could she be sure of his feelings?

“Taecyeon…I am….”

“Jessica please give me a chance! I want to make up for the years we missed together in America because I had to come to Korea.”

Jessica swallowed hard before answering, “Okay…”

 


Author Note

Sorry your author was so busy these past weeks. I wanted to finish up some other fanfictions. Now I just have this one!!! So I will just be updating this fic now :)

Well you know why Taecyeon was acting strange but Kimchi_maerong demanded I give them cookies if they guessed right about Taecyeon knowing Jessica was a girl. So here are your cookies Kimchi_maerong enjoy!

Welcome New subscribers and readers! Leave comments :D