PreGame

I Need You to Survive

Taeyeon watched her girlfriend in affection as Jessica packed her bag for the weekend, “Sica...you don’t have to do that for me.”

Jessica looked up from the shirt she put in the bag, “I want to and how can I go three days without touching your cute Spongebob undies??”

Taeyeon’s eyes bulged in embarrassment and lunged forward to get those out of her suitcase, “No!”

Jessica was laughing as she held her girlfriend from afar, “Come on, it would be nice for me to know what you were wearing under that uniform.”

“Not those!!! What if the other boys see!!!”

Jessica gave Taeyeon a harsh glare, “And why would they be seeing? You have to be extra careful about your identity when not at school. Taecyeon and I are not here to help you out if something happens.”

“I should be fine! We are in rooms of two and I am with Minho...we have a bathroom that I can lock!”

“Well he better not see your Spongebob undies either,” Jessica said with a hint of jealousy.

“He won’t...I promise.” Taeyeon said as she climbed down from the bed to settle her head into the crook of Jessica’s neck as she gave into the heat of the girl’s back pressed against her, “Only you can see what is under my uniform.”

Jessica was feeling a surge of heat as Taeyeon’s breath tickled her ear, “Well...I am the one packing your things...”

Taeyeon reached up to zip her bag closed, “Since you finished packing, do you want to also see what is under my pajamas?”

Jessica couldn’t even answer properly as Taeyeon started feathering kisses up her smooth neck, “Tae...”

With the breathy moan from her girlfriend, Taeyeon pushed on Jessica’s shoulder so the girl would turn and face her. Jessica was the one to hungrily capture Taeyeon’s lips as Taeyeon gently laid Jessica down on the floor so they could continue their session as their bodies flushed together.

*knock knock*

Taeyeon released from the kiss to look up at the door but Jessica cupped Taeyeon’s face to look at her, “Ignore it.” Smirking, Taeyeon went back to gently and nibbling at Jessica’s flush and plump lips.

*knock knock* “Kim! Jung! Open up!”

With the authoritative voice on the other side of the door, the girls immediately separated and Jessica went to hide a few draws that had some of Taeyeon’s “girl” items since they were packing, “wait a minute.”

Taeyeon went up to the door when Jessica gave her the signal that they were all clear. After quickly wiping on her sleeve, Taeyeon opened the door, “What...is...it---Taecyeon?”

Taecyeon was almost on the floor laughing seeing Taeyeon’s confused face, “I can imitate Mr. Lee’s voice well right? Right?”

Taeyeon gave the boy an irritated face, “Yea yea...scared the out of me and Jess though.”

Taecyeon leaned on the door, “So not letting me in?” Taeyeon stepped aside to the let the boy in.

“So what brings you to our room late at night?” Taeyeon said as she made her way to sit next to Jessica.

Taecyeon decided to take Taeyeon’s desk chair, sitting on it backwards, “Are you ready?”

Taeyeon saw the boy’s eyes locked on hers, “Umm I think so.”

Flashing a bright smile, “Great! I just wanted to see you before you went off and tell you that I will take care of Jess here. She will be in very safe hands.”

Taeyeon raised her brow, “I suggest you keep her hands off her.”

Giving a hefty laugh, Taecyeon almost fell out of his chair laughing from Taeyeon’s serious face, “No one would touch her if you give everyone that look. Oh you are so adorable.”

Now shooting Taecyeon evil glares, Jessica reached to caress Taeyeon’s thigh and calm the girl down, “Well if that is all, then you can go Taecyeon. Taeyeon should get rest tonight since she leaves in the morning.”

“Oh I also wanted to ask...I heard Nichkhun is coming? I thought he wasn’t allowed to play?”

With the mention of the boy, Taeyeon’s body went cold, “He is coming? Are you sure?”

“Pretty sure.”

Taeyeon looked down at the ground in deep thought, “He isn’t playing...I don’t know why he is coming.”

Taecyeon stepped out of his chair, “Well if you don’t know, then he is probably just a spectator. I heard several contenders for the Junior Olympics will be there. Scouting is key to make the team so you keep your eyes sharp too.”

“How do you know so much about my sport?”

“I know everything about this school. Especially when it concerns you two. I need to keep a special eye on the both of you.” Taecyeon said as he opened the door, “Well have fun skipping school!”

After Taecyeon’s departure, Taeyeon felt a bit deflated by the news of Nichkhun’s appearance at the tournament, “Tae...are you ok?”

Taeyeon tried giving her girlfriend a reassuring smile but those furrowed eyebrows told her that Jessica was not convinced by that fake smile, “It will be fine. We should sleep.”

Jessica sighed as she went to turn off the lights before getting into bed and holding Taeyeon tight. Tight enough for the girl to know that she would be there in the good or the bad. That there would be nothing to be afraid of as long as they stay together like this.

---------------------------

Taeyeon gasped as the bus drove up to the university hosting the tournament, “This place is amazing.”

Feeling a tap on her shoulder she looked up, “If you make the Korean National Badminton Team, you are guaranteed a spot here. If we are lucky, we could see some Olympic athletes studying here!”

Feeling excitement bubbling, Taeyeon’s eyes sparkled at the idea of attending this university in the future. Her dreams were staring right at her at this moment.

 

The boys and Taeyeon situated themselves in the hotel before going out and exploring the tournament venue. With the tournament starting in the morning, each team was given two courts for open practice. Unfortunately the coach had to go to a meeting with the organizers and other coaches so the boys were in the hands of Nichkhun although he was not one of the  official players, he was brought in as an assistant coach, “Alright men, warm up with serve and return rotations.”

Taeyeon was still looking up at the high ceiling and rows of what looked to be over 20 courts, “Kim your turn.”

Taeyeon looked at Minho who was stepping out of the court, “Right.”

“Kim! Get your head into practice!” Nichkhun yelled when he noticed their court wasn’t practicing.

Taeyeon clutched her racquet as a bit of anger boiled up with the sound of the boy’s voice. She was on the receiving side so Taeyeon waited for the other member to serve. It was short so she ran up to hit the birdie carefully to their backhand side. The other member returned it high causing Taeyeon to jump and hit the birdie at the right speed for it to barrel down on the other side. Easy win for Taeyeon.

Nichkhun watched Jiwoong’s movements carefully as his team warmed up for the next day. Of course he was a bit bitter than he lost his chance to show his talents at this tournament because it was one of two before the Korean National Badminton Team tryouts. Not showing up for this tournament could mean he gets bad placement in the tryouts, but that was not the only thing he was bitter about. The fact that Jiwoong took his spot and was still the top contender from their school to win this whole thing could mean his chances of making the National Team were even higher. Jiwoong was still an obstacle that he had to prevent.

“Okay boys do a quick 5 point doubles game and switch.”

Taeyeon paired up with her partner, Minho as they looked across the net to their other members, “Come on buddy.” Minho cheered from the front as Taeyeon prepared to start the serving.

----------------------------

“I vote Nichkhun to never coach us again!” Minho complained as he laid on his bed, “The boy is a tyrant these days!”

Taeyeon could only laugh at the lifeless boy on the bed, “Don’t worry about it. He just wants us to be prepared for the tournament and make our school proud.” Looking around her practice bag, Taeyeon noticed her water bottle missing, “Have you seen my bottle?”

Minho looked up, “Nope...how could you lose something right as we get back to the room?”
“Maybe I left it in the gym. Do you think it is still open?”

“Probably. They are leaving it open later for teams that arrive at night.” Minho said as he started to doze off already.

Taeyeon walked up to the boy and hit him in the stomach, “Wake up and take a shower before I come back. I am going to the gym to look for my water bottle.”

 

The hotel wasn’t too far from the gym for the tournament so Taeyeon walked alone in the darkness back into the gym that was still illuminated with bright lights. Peeking inside she only saw one other team hard at work and a male alone in the corner where her team was practicing before. When she got closer, she noticed that it was Nichkhun practicing diligently, “He is a hard worker.”

Needing to get her water bottle, Taeyeon approached the lone boy, “Jiwoong?”

Taeyeon smiled bashfully, “Have you seen my water bottle? It wasn’t in my bag.”

Nichkhun pointed near the post of the other net, “That one?”

Taeyeon smiled as she recognized her water bottle, “Yep! Thanks.” Taking her bottle, Taeyeon was going to leave the gym but she turned around and placed her bottle on the ground before going over and getting Nichkhun’s spare racquet, “Mind if I join?” Nichkhun shrugged before serving the birdie over, “Why are you practicing alone?”

“Just because I am not playing this weekend doesn’t mean I don’t need practice,” the boy said simply.

“Why did you do so bad during the physical? The other boys are worried about your condition.” Taeyeon asked.

Nichkhun raised his brow, “Are you also worried?”

“Just seems unusual.”

“Just not a good day.”

Taeyeon could tell that the boy wasn’t telling her something but she shrugged it off as she made an offensive attack which Nichkhun returned flawlessly over to Taeyeon’s blind spot, “you could win this tournament if you were playing.” She said as she went over to pick up the birdie from the ground.

“Are you saying that I would beat you if we went to the finals?”

Taeyeon resumed play as she served again, “I guess we won’t know this time.”

Nichkhun smiled as Taeyeon made a mistake into the net as he whispered, “I think I know how this tournament will end.”

 

 


Author's Note

A bit longer than a month this time. Thanks for reading if you are still following this story!

I also hope you caught Taeyeon in a new song by Verbal Jint!!