My Rival

I Need You to Survive

Taeyeon looked into her book bag thinking if there was anything she could be missing for her first day of classes, “I am sure if I don’t have it, Jessica might...” The girl sat dressed in her uniform—which was a bit uncomfortable with the stupid tie she had to wear—alone in the room since her girlfriend had morning practices. “Stupid coach is crazy. I wanted to walk to class together.”

A knock came on the door causing Taeyeon to get up, “Jiwoong!”

“Oh Nichkhun...what are you doing here?”

“Well I know you are new to the school so I thought I would show you to your classroom.”

“But you are a grade above me?”

“No worries. I will show you and then head to my room, are you ready to go?”

Taeyeon went back into her room to get her bag before going back to Nichkhun, “Ok. Let’s go.”

The two walked down the hallways and Taeyeon took in the sight of all the students she didn’t see while they had practices before school started, “I thought everyone did sports here...”

Nichkhun looked over at his friend, “Well the school is known for sports but there are other students that get admitted too. The academics here are also very good since it is a private institution.”

“Oh.”

Nichkhun stopped at the door to Taeyeon’s classroom, “Here it is! I will get going to my class but I will see you in the afternoon! Don’t forget the time change.”

Taeyeon smiled at the boy, “Of course. Thanks.” When she saw the boy leave, Taeyeon tightened the strap on her bag before entering the classroom but when she looked around she saw no one from the soccer team yet which were basically the only other friends she had aside from the badminton team.

“Jiwoong! Sit here!”

Taeyeon looked over to see her charming teammate, “Oh Minho I forgot we were in the same grade.”

“Yep! And it seems we have the same class too. Was that Nichkhun I saw?”

“Oh yes. He was just showing me the way here since I am a transfer student and all.”

“You don’t need him. I can be here to help you since we are the same class and all. He will be busy with graduation stuff by next semester anyway.”

Taeyeon smiled at Minho’s charming personality, “Thanks.”

Minho was going to say something else but the entrance by the beastly members (and Jessica) of the soccer team caused all eyes to look at the group that entered. Although it was an all-boys school, most of the boys were envious with the good looks and great physique of the soccer team. However, Taeyeon had her eyes on a certain person who didn’t match with the other men, “Sica...”

“Jiwoong! There you are!” Taecyeon went to sit next to Taeyeon but Jessica gave him a cold stare making him move to a seat in front of them next to Minho, “It is cool we have the same classes!”

“Yea...but so many boys from the soccer team are here.”

Taecyeon looked at the boys he entered with, “It is only me, Jesse, Key and Changsung.”

“The badminton team is only me and Minho.”

“Yea but you have a smaller team than us. I mean this class is like a sports heaven. There are 4 from the basketball, 1 from golf, 1 from bowling, 2 from fencing, 2 wrestlers, 3 volleyball, and 2 swimmers.”

Taeyeon started to count the remaining students, “So two are not from sports? Wait how do you know everyone?”

“How can you not? Most of them are either on the Junior Olympic team or going to be soon.”

Taeyeon nodded her head, “This school is awesome right Jesse?” Taeyeon turned her head to look at her girlfriend but to her dismay, the girl was already in a deep slumber, “Morning practices must be hard...”

Taecyeon just laughed, “Give him a while to get used to it.”

“I am glad we don’t have morning practice...”

“Yea I am a bit envious of your team but I heard your coach is also pretty laid back.”

Minho laughed, “He may be but he is a genius in badminton.”

Taeyeon leaned forward, “How come I never see him play with us?”

“Oh you didn’t know? During the 2008 Olympics he tore his rotator cuff and since went to coaching after he had surgery. From what I know, he is still amazing and all but he has limited movement in his shoulder.” Minho hit Taeyeon on the head, “How could you not know a professional badminton player?”

Taeyeon rubbed her head, “I usually know the female players....and Lin Dan! Also Lee Yong Dae and Koryoo Yeon Seong are our country’s pride!”

Minho raised his brow, “Oh you are into the ladies eye! What do you think about Yihan Wang? She is kind of cute.”

Taecyeon saw Taeyeon in a tight situation so he hit Minho on the head, “Badminton doesn’t have any good looking players. Soccer is where it is at. I got some magazines to show you in my room after class.”

“Attention class!” The teacher stood in front of the class.

Taeyeon looked over at Jessica to nudge her awake, “the teacher is here,” Taeyeon whispered.

Jessica cracked an eye open, “5 more minutes.”

Taeyeon giggled, “Just wake up enough for attendance okay?”

Jessica opened both eyes to awaken for class attendance but once her name was called and she replied, Jessica’s head went back onto the desk to resume her rest. Taeyeon sighed looking at her tired girlfriend, “You are lucky I love you enough to take notes for you.”

 

When the bell rang, Taecyeon stretched his sore muscles, “Practice and then sitting for 3 hours is torture!”

Key came over, “Did Jung sleep the whole class?”

Taeyeon started to nudge Jessica awake, “It seems that way.”

“Well if you wake him, he should join us for lunch.” Key then put his arm around Taecyeon as they left the room.

Minho looked down at the sleeping person, “He is a sound sleeper. Are you coming to lunch?”

“I will once he wakes up. Give me a few minutes okay?”

“Good luck!” Minho said as he also left the classroom.

Taeyeon looked down at the sleeping beauty, “Come on you have to wake up for lunch Sica.”

Jessica’s eyes woke up suddenly and she covered Taeyeon’s mouth, “Ya...you can’t say that here. Only in our room.”

Taeyeon started laughing, “We are alone don’t worry.”

Jessica looked around the empty classroom, “Why did people leave.”

Taeyeon lightly hit Jessica’s head, “It is lunch time dummy. We have to go before all the food is gone. The boys are sure to eat it all up if we don’t get there fast.”

Jessica rubbed her eyes before getting up with the help of Taeyeon, but the little mischievous Taeyeon pulled her up so fast that their lips connected for a short kiss. Jessica backed away immediately in embarrassment, “What?! We can’t do that here.”

Taeyeon laughed, “Looks like you are fully awake now.”

Jessica started to hit Taeyeon as they left the room, “Yah! Kim you have to be more careful!”

“What are you two fighting about now?”

The both girls looked at the man who was standing before them, “Oh Nichkhun...”

The boy gave a flashy smile, “It is not good if roommates are fighting now.”

Taeyeon rubbed the back of her neck, “Not fighting really.”

“Should we get going to lunch?”

Jessica thought it was strange to run into Nichkhun once again, “Don’t you want to go with your peers?”

The three started walking down the hall that was already empty as the students were probably in the lunch room, “It is Jiwoong's first day. I thought it would be good to go together you know?”

Jessica was still worried being around the man after his advances on Taeyeon, “Humm I see.”

Taeyeon was very nonchalant about the whole situation because she thought the incident had been cleared up already and he was a teammate. She didn’t even notice the evil glares Jessica was giving him behind his back while the two walked side by side as Nichkhun told the girls more about the school and some ins-and-outs of the student body. “Trust me, the second floor of the library is much better because the couches are the most comfortable even though they are older.”

Finally the three arrived in the lunch room and got in line. Jessica wasn’t really paying attention to the conversation Nichkhun and Taeyeon were having as she observed certain mannerisms from the boy, “3....no no 4 times...who says you can touch her that many times...grrrrrrr...this boy is going to get it.”

“Young lad what did you want?”

Jessica broke from her trance as she heard the lunch lady asking what she wanted for food, “Oh this and that...”

“Is that all?”

Jessica looked down at what she got, “Umm yes...”

“A growing boy should get more food.”

“I am not a boy” Jessica thought, “It is fine.” By the time Jessica looked up, she had lost Taeyeon and Nichkhun, “Did I seriously just get ditched?”

“Jung!” Jessica turned to her right to see Taecyeon, “Come sit with us!”

Jessica looked around one more time to find Taeyeon but to her dismay she couldn’t find the other girl, “That’s it...the girl is going to get it when we go home...” Having no other option, Jessica took a seat next to Taecyeon.

“Jung you missed the most amazing joke! Key was saying how Yoochun...”

“Sorry Taecyeon...can I steal him?” Taeyeon cut the boy off.

Taecyeon looked up at Taeyeon, “Oh...okay?”

Jessica was surprised by the sudden appearance of Taeyeon and the other girl didn’t seem to care about her opinion of which table she would sit at as Taeyeon just took her plate of food away, “Where are you taking my food?”

Taeyeon didn’t answer but continued to walk to a table in the corner and placed the food next to hers, “Oh that is where Jesse was! We thought we lost you bud!”

Jessica was slightly annoyed with being ditched in the first place and then Taeyeon just came to take her food to a table with Nichkhun...Jessica Jung was not very happy or amused at the situation. However Taeyeon didn’t care as she pulled Jessica to sit next to her, “Come on we only have like 10 minutes left to eat.”

Jessica sat down and started to eat slowly but was slightly distracted that Taeyeon didn’t remover her free hand from Jessica’s hand. Sometimes she wants to be mad at her girlfriend but right now, she just couldn’t. Not having much to say, Jessica started to eat her lunch smiling on the inside since Taeyeon never let go of her hand the whole meal.

---------------------------

Nichkhun had a free study period before badminton practice so he decided to use it to get extra practice in at the gym. His goal was always to live his coach’s dream of being on the Olympic team and represent his country in hopes of bringing home a gold medal. Although he was a good student, Nichkhun never put his studies as a priority...it was always badminton. The top was his only goal.

The boy entered the empty gym and went to put his things on the bleachers before slowly untying his tie and taking off his school uniform. Any girl that would have entered the gym surly would have fainted from the amount of muscles he flaunted in this moment but being an all-male school, Nichkhun didn’t see the need to use the locker room to change out of his school uniform. Not even to change into his shorts as he was wearing boxers.

Nichkhun then sat down to lace his shoes and wrap his right wrist for support but in the middle of applying the wrap he stopped to think of something that happened earlier in the day.

Nichkhun finished packing his books back into his bag as the bell rang for lunch. Most third years loved that their classroom was the closest to the lunch room but Nichkhun went the opposite direction to the second year classrooms. The boy was smiling to himself because he finally found a way to spend more time with Jiwoong outside of badminton practice.

Once outside the designated classroom, Nichkhun wondered if he was a bit too late and Jiwoong would have already went to the lunch room so he looked into the class window to see. He smiled when he saw that the boy was still in the room but then noticed that he wasn’t alone but with his roommate from the soccer team.

It was amusing to see Jiwoong trying to wake up his roommate so Nichkhun decided to watch for a bit but his heart nearly stopped from what he saw next causing him to tear his eyes away from the scene, “What the....but...are they in a relationship?”

Nichkhun rubbed his temples to get rid of the scene out of his head, “I just need to keep a close eye on those two...it might be easier than I thought to get Jiwoong kicked out of the school.”

 

 


Author's Note

Back in action! No more super long waits I promise!

Give me your thoughts readers ^^