America: Part I

I Need You to Survive

“Tae what are you doing?” Jessica sat on the bed while Taeyeon loaded clothes into a huge duffle bag.

“I am going to America.”

Jessica sighed as she thought her girlfriend lost her mind, “How could you just leave for America? You are in the middle of your badminton season and we have school!”

“I don’t care...” In reality, Taeyeon really did care but she needed Jiwoong back, “I will drag that boy back here!”

Jessica laid on the bed, “So what if he is in America? He told you he is doing well and...”

“And he said that he might not return for another year! He didn’t even tell me what he was doing over there. Just to tell mom that he is alive and everything is fine. Well I will tell you that everything is not fine. Look what he did to me? I could be ruining my chances and my future for him!”

Jessica walked up to her fuming girlfriend to give her a backhug, “But you also gained so much. You have a girlfriend who loves you very much, you have made some really amazing friends and I know you have gotten even better at badminton since you came. I don’t see the bad.”

Taeyeon reached towards Jessica’s hand and interlaced their fingers, “I guess...but Jiwoong is still selfish.”

“Yes he is.”

“And he can’t stay in America.”

“He won’t.”

Turning around to face Jessica, “Come with me.”

Jessica pulled back in shock, “What?”

“It will be like for only a week. Come to America with me and I can knock some sense into Jiwoong.”

“A week? I have soccer and school! There is no way my coach will let me stay on the team for missing a week of practice.”

“Come on Jessica. Please. I need to get Jiwoong and I need you by my side.”

“Cause you don’t know English...” Jessica snickered.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes, “Yes but I need you for like moral support too. It is a short trip. There and back.”

Jessica sighed as she saw the utter desperation in Taeyeon’s eyes, “Fine. I will think of something. Let’s go to America.”

Taeyeon’s eyes twinkled with excitement as she squeezed Jessica with as much love as she could transfer, “Thank you thank you thank you! I love you so much!”

Jessica could only laugh at her girlfriend’s cute antics, “Yea I love you too dork.”

----------------------------

Jessica strapped the buckle on her lap, “so we are really doing this.”

Taeyeon was smiling happily as she reached to hold Jessica’s hand, “Thanks.”

Sighing, Jessica looked down to caress Taeyeon’s hand, “you are going to meet the Jungs...”

“I am a bit nervous about that too.”

“That was the only way I could get coach to agree to me leaving suddenly. How did you get out of badminton again?”

“Same. Family emergency in America.”

Jessica laughed, “Is your family the same as mine?”

Taeyeon leaned over to whisper in Jessica’s ear, “I would like it to be,” before giving her a soft kiss on the cheek causing the younger girl to blush.

“W-well...just remember to put on the wig when we land. My parents know me as a girl and you are my friend...also a girl.”

Taeyeon giggled, “It feels like we are playing pretend. I got so used to acting like a boy now.”

“Oh I know what is underneath babe and you are most certainly not a boy.”

*Ding* “Prepare for take-off” *Ding*

Holding onto Taeyeon’s hand even harder, Jessica closed her eyes and hoped this visit to her parents won’t be a complete disaster. New problems of not being caught by family looking like a boy. She really had to play pretend a lot these days. Well except for the girl next to her. With Taeyeon she never had to pretend or try to be someone else. Next to Taeyeon would always be the realist thing in her life. Something she needed more than ever with the crazy life she chose. Yet choosing to love Taeyeon would always be the best decision she mad amongst the mess of going to an all-boys school and lying to her parents.

 

“Jessica...Jessica” Opening her eyes, Jessica looked up at Taeyeon, “Hey sleepyhead, we landed.”

Rubbing her eyes, “Was I out long?”

“Just until after the meal. You missed breakfast.”

Jessica giggled, “Maybe my parents will make us something when we arrive. I am dying for a good burger.”

Taeyeon laughed, “You have to show me around your home and get me Americanized then.”

“I will make you eat American food till your heart stops!” Jessica declared as she took her backpack from Taeyeon.

“What will the coach think if I come back fat?!”

The couple continued to bicker until they got out of the terminal where a very enthusiastic teenager jumped Jessica, “Jessi!”

Holding the younger girl, Jessica hugged her sister, “Krystal I missed you!”

Taeyeon watched in admiration for the closeness Jessica had with her sister. She wished she could be with her sister too...

“Jessica honey!” Not long after, the parents of Jessica also joined in the hugfest that Jessica nearly forgot to introduce Taeyeon to the overly affectionate family.

“Everyone this is Taeyeon.”

“Oh she is pretty Jessica. Are you the one taking care of Jessica at school?”

A bit nervous with all the attention on her, “Ah yes...we are roommates...”

Krystal turned to Taeyeon and gave her a hug, “Good to see you again unnie.”

Jessica’s mother turned to Krystal, “You met?”

“Yea when we had that family reunion thing in Korea, I visited Jessi’s place and stayed for a while.” Krystal argued as she latched onto her sister again.

Jessica sighed, “You are always going where you want...”

“If I didn’t go I wouldn’t have found out that mfmfm”

Jessica quickly covered her sister’s mouth, “And a big mouth,” Jessica whispered in Krystal’s ear. Luckily, Taeyeon and Jessica’s mother started a conversation so they didn’t hear anything Krystal was about to spill.

 

The Jungs and Taeyeon made their way to the cozy American home, but to Taeyeon, the house of this size seemed like a mansion, “Whoa...how many rooms?”

Jessica shrugged, “4 so you can stay in the guest room.” Taeyeon pouted thinking she couldn’t cozy up to Jessica during their stay here. However, Jessica saw the girl sulking so she whispered, “Maybe I can sneak in at night. I would keep your door unlocked.”

Loving her sly girlfriend, Taeyeon started grinning happily as the Jungs told Taeyeon the rules of the house and location of various things in the house.

Eventually, Jessica was able to lose Krystal by distracting her with food, so Jessica and Taeyeon could talk, “Where do you think we should start looking for Jiwoong?”

“Maybe around the universities? We can show his picture.”

“Why do you think he might be at one of the universities?”
“Well that would be where everyone his age is and where else would you find a ton of Korean people? I would guess they are studying at one of the universities. There has to be someone who has spotted him.”

Jessica smiled and gave Taeyeon a kiss on the cheek, “No wonder you are good at helping me with my homework. Such a smart girlfriend.”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes, “I am sure you would have done better in school if you stop sleeping through lessons.”

Jessica leaned back onto the bed, “It is those morning practices. They make me fall asleep.”

Taeyeon pushed off the backboard of the bed to hover over her girlfriend, “You are so naughty. I know how late you stay up at night doing various activities.”

Jessica giggled as she knew what “late night” activities they did together, “I am not the one who initiates. I should blame my roommate for keeping me up.”

Taeyeon giggled, “I would go to sleep if you told me to.”

Jessica watched Taeyeon slowly lowering, “H-how could I?”

Just as the two were to connect their lips into a loving lock, Krystal made her grand entrance, “We are out of nacho sauce...ah jeez again?”

Taeyeon gave Jessica a quick peck before getting off Jessica to reprimand her sister, “Krystal why don’t you just ask mom to buy you nacho sauce? What makes you think it is here in the guest room?”

Krystal huffed, “Fine. I will go ask mom. Go back to being kissy kissy with your girlfriend.”

Jessica sighed as she heard the girl slam the door, “Is your sister mad at you?”

Rolling her eyes close, “She just misses me.”

“So she gets mad at you?”

“Yes. I think moving to Korea made her really angry at me since we were very close when we were young, but she will have to get used to it. I can’t be here with her all the time. She will find a dream like me one day and understand.”

Taeyeon sighed as she thought of her brother, “Maybe Krystal and I have more in common than I thought.”

Jessica pulled Taeyeon to cuddle, “How about we nap and look for Jiwoong after lunch?”

Taeyeon hummed in agreement, “Some sleep would be nice.”

 

 

 


Author's Note

Well readers we are coming to an end. No more than 30 chapters so I can put an end to this story. On happier news, it is Jessica's Birthday! More updates to come but we will start it here wishing Jessica a very happy birthday!