I Will Follow You into the Dark

I Need You to Survive

Taeyeon left with Nichkhun to go wash the dishes. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary and for a while they were washing dishes naturally. Taeyeon thought this was a good idea to assess if Nichkhun had feelings for her friend. “So you and my friend Tiffany got along well when she visited.”

Nichkhun looked up at Taeyeon but his eyes were not full of his normal cheery demeanor, “Yea she was cool and all.”

“I think she likes you.”

“Oh? Too bad I like someone else.”

Taeyeon’s heart dropped for her friend. She really wanted to help her out with her crush, but it seems he was already interested in someone else. “She must be some lucky girl to have someone like you to love her.”

“Actually can you keep a secret?”

Taeyeon was great at keeping secrets but why did you trust her with one all of a sudden? “Umm sure. What is it?”

“I am actually gay. I like boys. That is why I am not interested in your friend. Nothing against her really but she isn’t my preference.”

Taeyeon was truly surprised, “Oh…sorry about that. I will tell her that you are taken. She will take that better.”

Nichkhun gave his signature smile, “I knew I could count on you buddy!”

Taeyeon and Nichkhun went back to washing dishes while playing around and sharing jokes. Taeyeon was happy that she got along well with her teammates. Making new friends was always a big worry for her so having someone like Nichkhun around was nice. Taeyeon and Nichkhun were done washing the dishes so Taeyeon went over to pour the water out but the container was a bit too heavy and she slipped and fell. Nichkhun ran over to help Taeyeon up.

Taeyeon being very light, came up forcefully and landed in Nichkhun’s arms. She could hear his heart beating faster which made her back away but Nichkhun pushed her on the wall and started kissing her. She didn’t want it and tried pushing away but he used his weight so she couldn’t struggle. After a while she was able to bite his lip which made him back away, “you pig!”

Taeyeon ran away as soon as she got the chance. She walked for a very long time and got lost. It was dark and she was alone without her phone. Out of frustration and the past events, she just broke down and started crying. She couldn’t take this anymore.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

It was last at night and Jessica was already back in her room however with everything that happened tonight, sleep was not coming easy to her so she went out to get some fresh air. When she got outside she could see flashlights scattered around the beach while people were calling “Jiwoong.” Her brain was saying just go inside and everything will be fine but her heart dropped and filled with worry and concern. No matter how mad she was at the boy she couldn’t just stand back while something clearly bad must have happened.

Jessica ran up to one of the boys from the badminton team, “What is going on? Something happen to Jiwoong?”

“Since the meal tonight he hasn’t come back. We are afraid he got lost.”

“Wasn’t he with Nichkhun doing dishes?” Jessica was determined to find Jiwoong.

“Nichkhun says he hasn’t seen him since they did dishes.”

In a panic, Jessica snatched the flashlight from the boy she was talking to and ran across the beach screaming out his name. Her voice was shaky because Jessica’s emotions were overcoming her and causing her to cry out of concern.

It had been several minutes since Jessica started searching and Jessica had not found Jiwoong. She was about to give up but she heard a faint whimpering in the distance. She was slightly scared it was an animal but she headed towards the sound anyway. There in the sand she saw Jiwoong crying. When he was found, the boy lunged at Jessica.

“There there…I am here for you.” Jessica hugged her roommate closely until the crying subsided, “Why are you out here alone?”

“Because…because Nichkhun forced himself on me…” there were sniffles and it was a bit muffled, “and you are with Taecyeon…”

Jessica pushed Jiwoong away, “Wait? Nichkhun forced himself on you? What about me and Taecyeon?”

Jessica watched as the person in front of her wiped their tears away, “aren’t you and Taecyeon together?”

“No? Why would you think that? Also what was up with you and Nichkhun?”

“Nothing…I didn’t want it. He was just stronger than me.” Jessica saw that topic brought more tears to the boy’s eyes so she quit questioning and held him close.

“Don’t worry. I am here. I am not going anywhere.”

“Promise?”

Jessica looked Jiwoong in the eyes and wiped the remaining tears away, “I promise because I like you.”

Taeyeon wasn’t sure if she heard right. Did Jesse just confess to her?? What should she do? It was so sudden. All this time she thought that Jesse was with Taecyeon but she was just told that he wasn’t. Taeyeon closed her eyes and kissed Jesse. It was all or nothing at this point because her heart couldn’t take the pain of not having Jesse for herself.

Jessica was surprised that Jiwoong kissed her but nothing felt more right than those pair of lips on hers. She closed her eyes while holding him close. The kiss was slow and long allowing both to imprint their lips on another so that they would never forget how the other’s lips tasted. It was a kiss to brand each other as theirs.

Jessica broke the kiss and looked him in his eyes, “you feel cold. Lets head back because your teammates are also looking for you.”

“I want to spend time alone with you though…”

Jessica lightly knocked her roommate’s head with her fist, “Silly we live together. I can see you as much as we want back at the dorms.”

Taeyeon blushed when Jesse reminded her that they live together. How much luckier could she get to already be living with the person she likes…maybe even loves?

The two walked back and ran into some of Taeyeon’s teammates that were out looking for her. The two immediately let go of each other’s hands and Taeyeon was pretty much pushed back to the gym with the rest of her teammates. She wanted a few more seconds with Jesse to at least say good bye or something, but she was ushered away so quickly.

Jessica went back to her room and smiled. She finally had him all to herself. Life couldn’t get much better than that. Sleep came easy that night.

 

 

 

 


Author's Note

Sorry about this being a short chapter. Your author needs to think about how this story should go from here on out because the story is already not going as first planned. So I leave the couple off on a good note while you readers might have a longer wait from me for the next chapter, but I will be doing updates on my other fic so I hope that keeps you busy while you wait for this one. ^^

Thanks for the comments!