The Tables Have Turned

I Need You to Survive

The gym was loud with the clamor of boys mingling while they waited for the teachers to come in and announce the official scores. Meanwhile, two girls were standing near the exit nervous for the pending outcome, “Taeyeon just remember that I will be with you no matter what the result. We can always fix a problem.”

Taeyeon gave her girlfriend a sad smile, “I know but I don’t want to burden the rest of you.”

“We know you would do the same for us so it isn’t a burden,” Jessica said as she squeezed her girlfriend’s hand.

“Alright boys listen up! We have the official results. How about we start with the winner and then who will receive punishment. The winner this year will get a free weekend no practice and a trip to an all you can eat BBQ restaurant.” The gym suddenly was mix of roans and cheers for the prize that could be in the grasp of some teams but lost to the lesser teams, “Ok ok, the team that has the new title for the number one in Shinhwa is water polo!”

Taeyeon and Jessica looked at each other in surprise, “Well that was unexpected.”

“Yea, I thought cross country had it won.”

Taecyeon leaned over, “I heard water polo creamed cross country in weightlifting.”

Taeyeon nodded, “Ah that makes sense.”

The water polo team was up on the stage getting their prize and pictures since this was probably one of the biggest events at the school. Bragging rights and trophies were really what these athletes used for recognition so the school made a big deal out of this.

“Ok boys the next will be the countdown to the worst teams! The bottom three! Yet it will be only the bottom team that gets the punishment of streaking in the neighboring all girls school!” The whole gym erupted in laughter and suggestions to take pictures causing Taeyeon to feel sicker about the possible outcome.

Jessica looked over to see her girlfriend gone completely pail so she did one thing that they normally didn’t do in public and she held her. Not something normal for boys but at this point, Jessica didn’t care. She wanted her girlfriend to feel safe and protected so she held Taeyeon within the safety of her arms.

“Number 3 is ping pong!” The ping pong team cheered knowing they were cleared of punishment, “The second team cleared of punishment is badminton meaning golf claims the punishment card!”

The whole soccer team was up cheering for their friends from the badminton team while Taeyeon started to cry in Jessica’s arms, “I told you everything would be alright.”

Taeyeon squeezed Jessica harder while she sniffled from pure joy, “I know…”

-------------------------------

The next day, Jessica and Taeyeon saw the boys from the soccer, badminton and a few basketball players huddled around a few pictures during class, “What are you guys looking at?”

Key looked up with a smile, “Punishment pictures.”

Taecyeon quickly got up from his seat, “Nothing you two should probably see.”

Taeyeon laughed, “You make it seem like we might have not seen men before. I have a brother and we are in an all boys school.”

“Yea yea I know but I want to keep your eyes clean from any more exposure.”

“But we want to see what we barely avoided.” Taeyeon said as she tried looking past the boys but Jessica swiftly pulled her back.

“Ya! You are such a byun.”

Taecyeon started laughing at Taeyeon who looked desperate to look at the pictures, “Wow…didn’t now Kim was like that.”

Jessica rolled her eyes, “You have no idea. Sometimes I see him looking at the computer with a strange grin on his face.”

Key overheard the conversation, “Kim! You have on your computer and you aren’t sharing?”

Taeyeon gulped at the fact that she secretly had some suggestive photos of Jessica on her computer that she liked to look at from time to time, “Ah…umm..”

Jessica looked at Taeyeon in sharp eyes, “yea, why aren’t you sharing these pictures?” Taeyeon tried to signal to Jessica that they were pictures of her but the later didn’t catch the suggestive face and received a punch in the shoulder, “ert!” Before Jessica stormed to her seat.

Taeyeon wanted to make amends or clear up the situation but the teacher had impeccable timing for coming in at the wrong times. Looking over, the boys quickly cleared their photos before going to their seats. Thinking quickly, Taeyeon scribbled a quick note trying to send it to Jessica but angry Jessica just crumped it up and threw it back in Taeyeon’s face.

The poor girl could only sigh and hope that her girlfriend wouldn’t run off after class.

 

Later in the day, Key was walking around happily because he found out they were serving ice cream after dinner. That was until he saw a familiar face that wasn’t with his favorite teammate, “Kim what are you doing here…alone?”

Taeyeon looked up to see Jessica’s teammate hovering over her, “Your practice is done?”

“Of course…shouldn’t you know Jesse’s schedule since you are roommates and all?”

Taeyeon looked down sadly at her phone, “I think he is mad at me.”

“Jesse did look a bit off at practice but I heard he and Taecyeon went to dinner.”

Taeyeon’s heart sank, “We always eat together...”

“Well…wouldn’t he be back in the room by now?”

Taeyeon fumbled around with her phone a bit, “Even if we meet…I don’t know how to make him not mad at me anymore.”

Key used his to shove Taeyeon over so he could take a seat, “Why is he mad anyway?”

“I think because of the incident in the classroom.”

“The ! Such an easy fix! Sharing is caring!” Key said very happily.

For some reason the bad advice hit a light bulb in Taeyeon’s dorky brain, “Of course! I will force him to watch it if I have to!”

Key nodded in agreement, “And when you are done, show your friends like me.”

Taeyeon threw the boy an angry glance, “I am going to find Jesse.”

“Remember to share with your other friends too!!” Key said in almost desperation.

-------------------------------

Jessica was lying in her bed after taking a shower thinking about what happened in class. She knew that she was stupid to get angry and she hated herself for being stubborn afterwards but what really was she lacking that Taeyeon might have pictures of other women or men on her computer? Jessica sat up and looked over at Taeyeon’s computer thinking just a peek wouldn’t hurt but that would be invading her girlfriend’s privacy…so Jessica sighed and laid back down on her bed.

The sound of a key opening the door startled Jessica a bit because she wasn’t ready to tell Taeyeon that she was sorry for getting angry earlier, therefore, the stubborn girl did the only logical thing and that was to pretend to be asleep.

Taeyeon walked into her room and it wasn’t surprising to see her girlfriend already sleeping since she gets tired after meals. Thinking her girlfriend was in a deep sleep, Taeyeon walked over and sat on the bed, “Sica…you know I love you? Why would you think I would want to look at anyone else but you?” Taeyeon then leaned down to give her girlfriend a kiss on the forehead, “We will talk when you wake up I guess.”

Jessica shed a tear of joy from Taeyeon’s confession and couldn’t resist to pull her girlfriend in a tight hug, “I love you too dork.”

Taeyeon was surprised to feel two arms confine her, “Y-your not asleep?”

Jessica held Taeyeon tighter, “I was waiting for you silly. I-I am sorry about earlier…I was just being stubborn…”

“I really don’t have pictures of other women on my computer…only you. I swear!” Taeyeon was about to get up, “I can show you.”

Jessica pulled Taeyeon back down and opened her eyes to look Taeyeon in the eyes, “you don’t need to do that. I believe you.”

Taeyeon smiled as she repositioned herself to hover over Jessica, “Were you being a jealous Jung?”

Jessica pouted, “it is my right as your girlfriend to be jealous.”

Taeyeon laughed as she leaned down to peck Jessica on the lips, “You are not very nice when jealous but I must say, it makes me think you love me a lot.”

Jessica leaned up to bite Taeyeon’s lip causing the other girl to whimper, “it is because I love you a lot.”

Taeyeon leaned down to kiss her girlfriend passionately, “I love you a lot too.”

-------------------------------

The boys were waiting around when Taeyeon entered the gym with a quick jog since she was late, “Why didn’t practice start?”

Minho stopped playing with the strings on his racquet to look up at Jiwoong, “Nichkhun and coach are not here.”

Taeyeon looked around, “Where is Ryeowook?”

Minho looked around and saw the shorter boy missing too, “Humm I have no idea.”

Deciding practice was probably going to start late, Taeyeon sat down, “What do we do now?”

“Some of the boys think we will have free practice to work on individual skills if the coach doesn’t show up soon.” Taeyeon already saw a few boys get up to warm up, “Jiwoong did you want to practice with me today? I know Nichkhun is your usual practice partner but will you settle for your doubles partner today?”

Taeyeon shrugged, “I could use practice on my doubles game today.”

Minho jumped up, “Great! Maybe it is a good thing coach and Nichkhun didn’t show.”

Taeyeon gave out an uneasy laugh, “yea...we rarely get doubles practice time.” Holding her racquet tightly, Taeyeon followed Minho to the courts and started practice.

 

Close to the end of practice, the boys noticed their coach enter the gym as he blew the whistle to make them gather. Minho quickly dropped the birdie in his hand while Taeyeon trailed behind, “I wonder what is up.”

Taeyeon saw that her coach’s face was a bit rough, “Whatever it is, I don’t think it is good.”

“Alright boys quiet down.” The boys were quick to silent their chit chat, “I have some bad news for the tournament this weekend.” The coach paused for a minute, “Ryeowook was cut from the team due to poor performance despite your team captain’s decision to keep him on the team. Additionally, Nichkhun will be sitting out the whole tournament this weekend due to poor performance in the physical testing that happened yesterday. I tried reasoning that this was unusual for him but the school was strict with forbidding him to play until he retakes the exam.”

Taeyeon was shocked to hear the news that their number one player was out.

“I know what most of you are thinking...without Nichkhun we are going into the season with a slight disadvantage but I have decided to let Jiwoong take over the number one singles spot and allow doubles play with Minho.” The coach looked over into Taeyeon’s eyes, “This is a bit premature since I don’t know how your stamina will hold up, but I think you can do it...what do you say?”

Now all eyes were on Taeyeon, “Ah...yea...of course I can do it.”

The coach nodded, “Alright! That is the line up change...the orders will remain the same as we discussed before. You are dismissed.”

Taeyeon stood up with the rest of the boys, “Crazy stuff huh?”

Looking up, Taeyeon saw Minho, “What?”

“That Nichkhun would fail the physical?? He is so fit! Did he look sick? I mean he looked normal and all.”

“He looked fine to me...”

“Strange...I hope we do okay without him.”

Suddenly, Taeyeon felt a huge weight on her shoulders, “I really hope so too.”

 

 

 


Author's Note

Well it has been a month and I dont have that exciting of an update for you. I was so busy trying to finish up other stories that this one got a bit neglected. Also, I have some personal things to do this week so no update on The Resistance either.

Yet Taeyeon's solo release is in a week!!! I am sure most of you are just as excited as me to finally get one from her!!