Heartbreaker

I Need You to Survive

 

Tears ran down Taeyeon’s face she couldn’t believe her roommate would accept his proposal so easily. Confusion consumed her. What was that kiss about? Why accept his offer so easily? Why did he call Jesse Jessica? Nothing made sense except that her heart was broken. It was broken because the person she likes was stolen. Because the person she likes is not hers.

Walking aimlessly back to the gym Taeyeon carefully wiped her tears away so her teammates wouldn’t find out. “Hey buddy where did you run off to?”

Taeyeon looked up and saw Nichkhun, “Ah bathroom...was urgent.”

Nichkhun patted Taeyeon’s belly, “You should take better care of yourself. Anyway let’s get changed. We are switching to outdoor practice since the coach decided to wake up from his nap and actually coach us today.”

Taeyeon laughed. It was a bit forced but at least she could wear a smile. But would this smile last when she saw him again? After grabbing her equipment, she made her way outside with her teammates. Everything was set up to play badminton in the sand.

“Okay team! Since we have only 3 nets, we will do doubles. Play out a game and have the winning team rotate.”

Taeyeon looked around for a partner but it seems all the doubles pairs chose each other while Taeyeon was one of the singles players. “Buddy it looks like you and me.”

Taeyeon almost crapped in her pants when Nichkhun crept up on her, “Omo, where did you come from?”

“I was hiding so I could be your partner.”

Taeyeon examined the boy’s innocent smile. She felt like something was off but she shrugged it off so they could play their first team. The sand was very different than the hard floor. Taeyeon’s feet didn’t move when she wanted them to move causing her to slip and fall a lot. Due to her carelessness, Nichkhun did much more work to make up for her short comings (pun intended). After a while, Taeyeon got used to the sand under her feet and played better.

The pair won their first match (mostly due to Nichkhun) so they rotated. However, this rotation was anything but ideal. Taeyeon was now facing the soccer team’s practice. Who could not see them with them shirtless and glistening in the summer’s heat? Taeyeon’s face scrunched in disgust when she saw the nicely toned Taecyeon leading the wolf pack. She patted her stomach not feeling the six-pack abs that Taecyeon was clearly showing off. Taeyeon was feeling a bit defeated because the boy definitely had her beat in the muscle department. He was definitely very manly and well she is...frankly girly (duh).

Suddenly something hit Taeyeon square in the forehead. She looked down and saw a birdie, “Buddy are you going to hit those or stare off into space?”

Taeyeon was distracted by the soccer team that she didn’t even notice that they started already, “Oh. Sorry.”

The 4 played for a while until Taeyeon became distracted again. There Jesse was drinking water ily. Jesse wiped the sweat from his forehead seductively. And then another pang on Taeyeon’s forehead, “Really? Jiwoong? Where is your focus?”

Taeyeon knew she was in trouble when Nichkhun said her fake name. She needed to stop being such a byuntae and focus. But how when everything Jesse does looks so ?

After several hours, the badminton team decided to take a water break which meant running towards the ocean in a desperate attempt to cool off. Taeyeon followed behind sluggishly because practice was anything but peaceful. All she saw was Jesse and Taecyeon flirting in front of her. It was obvious but it made her blood boil and lose her focus the whole day.

“Cook out tonight!!!!” Taeyeon looked and saw Yoochun screaming which made the whole soccer team cheer.

Nichkhun approached his team who was enjoying the water, “Did you hear? Cook out tonight with the soccer team!” The whole team cheered instead of Taeyeon. She sat in the sand stiff. She wanted to spend a day avoiding Jesse but the Gods were not on her side it seemed.

 

Nighttime approached and the fires were already flaring with the food cooking. It was amazing how both teams got along so well. You would think with them being in different sports, they wouldn’t interact much but it was the opposite. Maybe it was because many had class together?

Taeyeon stuck close to Nichkhun and made herself look busy while helping him cook the meat for their team. Really she just wanted something to take her eyes away from the new couple that saw several meters away from her. “Hey buddy do you want to take this plate and serve them? They look like wild dogs waiting to feast.”

Taeyeon let out a hearty laugh. Maybe it was her jealousy that was getting the better of her, but she wanted it to be loud enough for the soccer couple could hear her having a good time. However, she just looked a bit crazy while serving the food. In fact, most her teammates looked hesitant to eat the food in case she had plans of poisoning them. They knew Jiwoong was not acting normal.

After eating her fill, Taeyeon sat beside the fire poking it with the stick. She wanted to be alone but someone didn’t want her to be sitting alone. “Is this seat taken?”

Taeyeon continued what she was doing without looking up, “Yep. You can’t sit there.”

The person looked defeated by the harshness in his voice, “Umm can I sit until the person that was sitting here comes back?” Taeyeon was being a bit childish by turning so her back was facing the person while still poking the fire. “I will take your silence as a yes?” The person sat there quietly for a while before speaking, “Umm did I do something wrong?”

“What makes you think that,” Taeyeon mumbled.

“You haven’t looked at me all night...like you are avoiding me. It is because of the kiss?”

Taeyeon quickly faced the person and covered his mouth, “Shh. They might hear!”

Jessica finally laughed at her cute roommate’s actions, “They are all busy playing games and talking. It is just us here. So do you want to tell me what is bothering you then if it isn’t about that?”

Taeyeon went back to poking the fire, “Nothing...I just want to be alone.”

Jessica’s heart dropped when Taeyeon went back to ignoring her, “Okay...”

Again the pair sat in silence before Taeyeon finally said what she really wanted to ask, “Why are you not with Taecyeon?”

“Taecyeon? I see him all day.” Those words made the pain in Taeyeon’s heart worse. “I want to be with you instead.” But then again, Jesse made her heart race with butterflies again.

The conversation between the two was cut short with the arrival of Nichkhun, “Hey buddy do you want to help me with the dishes?”

Taeyeon looked up at her team captain. She wanted to refuse because even if they spent time in silence, Taeyeon wanted to just be with Jesse. However, it was her captain...she can’t refuse so she excused herself to help him with the dishes.

Jessica sat in her seat defeated to see Jiwoong leaving. She finally had some alone time with the boy and he gets snatched away in an instant. In hopes of her roommate coming back, Jessica waiting around the fire the two were sharing before. However, time was passing by which made her worry since washing dishes shouldn’t be taking this long. Out of curiosity, Jessica got up and headed over to where she saw Nichkhun and Jiwoong go.

Jessica turned the corner and saw the unexpected. There Jiwoong was pinned against the wall while Nichkhun hovered over while they were kissing! Jessica walked out slowly while the tears forming in her eyes. She didn’t want to believe what she saw but it was clear. Maybe that was why Jiwoong was avoiding her. Jiwoong liked Nichkhun instead of her but was too afraid to reject her. Yea that had to be it. There was no other explanation than that.

Jessica ran into Taecyeon’s arms by accident. He saw the tears on her face, “Oh? Why are you crying?”

She hugged him tight, “I can’t do it anymore.”

He returned the hug she gave him, “I don’t know what happened but I am here now. I can be here for you.”

Jessica cried into his shirt until she calmed down and looked him in his eyes, “You are a good friend even after I rejected you.”

 

~Earlier~

 

“Taecyeon…I am….”

“Jessica please give me a chance! I want to make up for the years we missed together in America because I had to come to Korea.”

Jessica swallowed hard before answering, “Okay....I will give you a chance but I want to start as friend first. I have feelings for someone else right now but I will let you try winning my heart.”

“Really? You mean that??”

“I said friends! I really like this other person a lot so I hope you respect my decision.”

“Don’t worry. If that person breaks your heart I will be here for you always.”

Jessica held out her hands, “friends?”

Taecyeon smiled, “friends.”

 

“I said I would always be here for you. I will make the pain go away.” Jessica’s heart was breaking but the warmth of Taecyeon’s arms lessened it. Maybe she could return the boy’s feelings...eventually?

 

 

 

 



Author's Note

Wow this story is depressing isn't it? Also all these boys going after my girls!!! What is up with that??? 

Sorry about the wait because your author is wierd and started another story: My Disorder is You 

Thanks for the upvotes and new subscribers! See you soon!!