America: Part III

I Need You to Survive

“Jiwoong?!” Taeyeon lunged forward and gave her brother a huge hug until those hands closed into fists and he started pounding on his chest, “How could you! You just left me to take care of everything!”

Jiwoong looked down at his sister who has already gone weak from hitting him, “Tae…I am sorry. Your oppa is so sorry.”

Meanwhile Jessica could only watch the Kim siblings heart wrenching reunion and stare in awe at how similar they did look to each other. Maybe that is why Taeyeon could impersonate him so well?

“I hate you oppa.”

“Aww don’t say that.”

“But I do! Your little charade has caused more problems than you can imagine!”

“I know I put you in a bad situation but your oppa has a good excuse!”

“What could possibly make me forgive you for abandoning me, abandoning your badminton career and not to mention you have been out of school for a long time! How do you expect to replace me when you return?!”

“Taeyeon…I am not returning.”

“What?!”

“Calm down Taeyeon. How about we go to my place for brunch? Huh? We can talk it over somewhere a little more privately ok?”

Jessica walked over to her fuming girlfriend to gently squeeze her hand, “Taengoo…why don’t we go and hear him out. There is no good in talking out here about it anyway.”

Taeyeon looked up into her girlfriend’s sympathetic eyes and reluctantly agreed.

 

Jiwoong took them to a small apartment above a bowling alley near the university. He supposedly had a roommate but he was already gone doing odd jobs during the day, thus the trio had the apartment to themselves to figure out the situation they were left in.

“Oppa tell me firstly why you won’t return.”

Jiwoong walked into the kitchen, “How about we eat first? No use talking about something that would make you upset on an empty stomach right?”

Taeyeon was still fuming so Jessica took the initiative, “That would be wonderful Jiwoong.” Causing Taeyeon to glare at her girlfriend wondering what she was thinking.

With Jiwoong busy making omelets, Taeyeon pulled Jessica to the side and harshly whispered, “what are you doing? I need to know why he isn’t returning. Of anyone, you know what kind of situation he put me in.”

Jessica sighed as she looked at her girlfriend’s face turning a hint of red by her rage, “Taengoo just calm down. He said he would explain and we are here already. I do know what you have gone through for the sake of your brother and I get why you are angry but I need you to calm down. We will have a nice meal together and then talk about the future ok?”

Taeyeon fell into Jessica’s embrace thinking that would be the only thing to calm down, “Sica…”

Rubbing gentle circles on Taeyeon’s back, Jessica gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead, “Don’t think too far ahead Taengoo.”

Jiwoong returned to the room with the couple sharing an intimate embrace, “Ah the food is done. Did you want like water to drink or tea?”

“Water is fine for the both of us,” Jessica responded as Taeyeon sat down at the table quietly.

After returning to the table with a glass of water, Jiwoong started light conversation with how did they find out he was in this part of America and how his family was doing. Seeing as Taeyeon was busy eating, Jessica filled in the missing blanks for Jiwoong.

With the food finished, the three went into the living room with Jiwoong sitting across from Taeyeon and Jessica who was sitting close enough to Taeyeon in case the girl became too emotional again.

“So why?” Taeyeon started with venom bleeding through each word.

“There was this Chinese guy I used to play every year in badminton and I couldn’t figure out why he kept beating me. Then this one American student challenged him and beat him. I couldn’t believe it that some American student beat this amazing Chinese guy! I needed to find him but he had already returned to America. That is why I disappeared in the first place.”

“Why didn’t you come back?”

“Well it took a while to find him here. Then when I did find him, I found out that he actually wasn’t a high school player like me, but a college player. His coach was an ex-Chinese badminton champion and had taught him ways to beat the Chinese system of badminton. For almost a month I took odd jobs so I could learn under this man. Taeyeon you wouldn’t believe how great I am now!”

Taeyeon sighed as she reached out for Jessica, “That doesn’t matter! Don’t you get it? I can’t keep pretending to be you. I have things in Korea that I need to get done and you need to enter the Junior Olympic trials to make the team. You have to come back.”

“But I don’t want to make the Korean badminton team.”

“Why not? Isn’t that why you came here? To get better and make the team?”

“Well I thought that at first but then I realized that if I wanted to be an Olympic champion I needed to keep this man as my coach. I want to move here and continue my education here and hopefully go to this school and have him train me for the real deal. The Junior Olympics is just child’s play and that team really means nothing to me.”

“B-but the best coaches in Korea are going to train you there.”

“Taeyeon I have the best coach and he is right here. I need him. I can’t leave now.”

“So what do you want me to do in Korea? My internship with Tiffany’s father is ending and I must return to my school.”

“I won’t hold you back sis. I know you have your own things to do and you have been working for the Junior Olympics too.”

“That would mean I would drop out of the school you are in right now. How do you expect to get into an American university without passing high school?”

“Maybe I can get a transfer here? Taeyeon this isn’t your problem anymore.”

Taeyeon grumbled some more as Jessica tried to coax the girl to calm down, “Jiwoong I sacrificed so much for you the past months…I can help mom agree to transfer you here on one condition only. I need you to do one thing for me although you don’t want to.”

“What is it?”

“You need to compete in the national championships and if you move on to qualify for the Junior Olympic trials, you have to compete and win.”

“But I just told you I don’t want to do the Junior--“

“Jiwoong if you are as good as you say you are and have a chance to be an Olympian, you have to face those that you think are beneath you. All these boys were trained by coaches in Korea. There is also a boy you need to beat from my school before you can even think of entering the Olympics in the future.”

“But Tae…”

“Jiwoong prove to me that you are as good as you say you are. It is only two tournaments.”

“So if I do these two tournaments you will talk to mom about letting me train wherever I want?”

“Yes but you have to win.”

“Of course I can win.”

“We will see…but you are coming back with me and Jessica to Korea.”

“Why can’t I leave later? I have a job you know.”

“I need to see you boarding that plane back. You are not going to escape again Jiwoong.”

-------------------------

A few days later Jessica and Taeyeon found themselves at the airport ready to head back to Korea but this time they had Jiwoong in tow.

“Do you think your brother can really beat Nichkhun?”

“I am not sure. Jiwoong was originally better than me but if he got better, there is a good possibility.”

“Does that mean you are going to stop coming to the school…and Jiwoong will be my new roommate?” Jessica cringed at the thought of actually sharing a dorm with a boy.

“I am not sure…maybe I can come until the tournament. I am afraid the guys would notice the change since we have been around each other for so long now, but it looks like the next semester, I will ‘transfer’ because my internship would end.”

“That …”

“What are you going to do Jessica? I mean when I am gone…I can’t be with you at that school.”

Jessica sighed as she leaned back in her chair, “you know I originally went to that school because I adored Yoochun and wanted to play with him but since I met you, I was really only staying there to be with you.”

“What about the soccer team?”

“I don’t know…after playing with the boys from the university, I do know that I want to continue playing soccer…maybe as a career. “

“Would you go back to America?”

Jessica leaned her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder, “Then I would be away from you.”

Taeyeon reached down to interlace their fingers, “I don’t want to be away from you too but things will be different next semester. How can I know you are doing ok in an all-male school without me around?”

“Taecyeon would take good care of me you know that.”

“Still…”

“I know I know but we can think about that later Taengoo.”

“But… we should.”

Jessica leaned over and gave Taeyeon a peck on the lips, “One step at a time. We have Jiwoong and the school stuff will come later. However, never once in my future plans did I not think of you being there.”

“Me either.”

 

 


Author's Note

I feel like such a bad author for taking a long break when I am trying to finish this story up. I really only have like 1-2 chapters left of this story and I am not updating like I'm supposed to. No promises but I will try to get the updates out quicker! Thanks for those who are still reading this story ^^