Don't Turn Away

I Need You to Survive

 

Taeyeon and Jessica didn’t end up sitting near each other. Jessica was in the back while Taeyeon was in the front with her sport’s team. Taeyeon was engrossed with her conversation with Nichkhun because Tiffany begged her to get those two together. However Jessica was in the back distracted by her smaller roommate sitting in the front. Occasionally she would seem interested in the conversation with Taecyeon and Yoochun but she was really trying to see what Jiwoong was laughing about.

Since her and Jiwoong always were fighting, Jessica never heard him laugh much. It was a funny laugh that didn’t suit his small posture but it was addictive. She knew that she was attracted to her roommate but there was a question of how to get closer without fighting? Or was it the fighting that was bringing them closer?

“We are here!”

All the boys pushed and shoved their way out of the bus and ran towards the beach while inhaling the salty ocean air. “Jesse! I am rooming with you!” Jessica cringed at the idea of rooming with Taecyeon but the guy was stronger and stole her bag. While the soccer team made their way to their bunking area, Jessica looked over her shoulder at her roommate. Then she saw him lock eyes with her so she looked away suddenly.

 

Taeyeon saw her roommate walk away with her team. Her heart suddenly skipped a beat when she could have sworn Jesse looked at her so she quickly grabbed her bag and started walking towards the gym.

Their coach stood in front of the team to make some announcements, “Okay since we had some budget cuts we are using this gym as our sleeping arrangements as well as playing area. We brought some sleeping bags so set them up for bed and put them away in the morning. As for showers, we have to go share with the soccer team since that is the only bathroom area. Since we arrived late and only have a half day, I will let you go and enjoy the beach, but be prepared to train tomorrow! So don’t have too much fun!”

The boys yelled with happiness that their afternoon was free to have fun. None of the boys stayed in the gym but went to go to the beach right away.

Taeyeon saw all the guys go and change into their swimming trunks so she just made her way to the beach casually. She was kicking sand while strutting across the beach with her hands in her pockets until someone interrupted her, “Now you dislike me enough to kick sand in my face?”

Taeyeon looked down to see her roommate squatting in the sand, “what are you doing down there? I’m sorry I didn’t see you…”

“Psh with your shortness I am sure you saw. Does it matter what I was doing? You just kicked sand in my face.”

Taeyeon decided to sit down in the sand to accompany her roommate in whatever activity he was doing. “I really didn’t do it on purpose.”

Jessica scoffed before resuming drawing in the sand, “Why aren’t you with your teammates?”

Taeyeon could have sworn she heard that hint of jealousy again, but she didn’t want to bring that up because mad Jesse was already enough, “They went to change to swim.”

“Why aren’t you?”

“I don’t like swimming.”

Jessica looked up into his eyes, “Don’t like or don’t know how?”

“I know how.” Taeyeon watched Jesse draw before talking again, “where is your team?”

“In the housing area.”

“Why are you out here then?”

“I spent a whole bus ride with them. I wanted fresh air instead.”

“Why aren’t they coming to the beach like our team?”

“They said something about, ‘you will hate the beach after tomorrow so best to avoid it till the end of the trip.’ I think it has to do with our training camp being tough.”

Taeyeon just nodded at her roommate. The two were enjoying the silence that befell on them, not remembering the last time they could just sit and enjoy one another’s company. In fact, they never had a peaceful moment like this except when they were both sleeping. It was nice.

The silence didn’t last long when a group of boys found them, “Jiwoong! I thought I lost you there buddy!” Taeyeon smiled when she saw her team captain coming but she secretly wanted Jesse and her to remain hidden from the rest. It would be nice to escape into their own little world if it was always encompassed in this comfortable silence.

“Ah um Jesse I will get going then.” Jessica heard her roommate bidding goodbye but she just looked into the sand trying to not show him that she was sad to see him go. When she saw him out of view, Jessica leaned back and fell into the warm sand. So many thoughts were going on in her head. She knew she had feelings for the guy but it was hard to act on them.

“What are you sighing about?”

Jessica’s eyes shot open to see Taecyeon sitting next to her, “Ah nothing…just enjoying the sun.” Jessica saw no reaction from him as he was looking towards the water, “why did you come out here anyway? I thought you were having fun with the guys.”

“It is more fun if you are around.”

Jessica noticed something about this Taecyeon that seemed familiar. Like an old friend but she couldn’t pick out why being with Taecyeon alone like this made him seem so different to her. Taecyeon suddenly sat up, “Umm there might be some hazing tonight for the new players. It is tradition but I like you so I will warn you. Maybe you should stay with the badminton team tonight.”

Jessica watched Taecyeon leave. Something about him was weird but times like this made him seem like a caring older brother. Why did he care so much about her? Maybe he liked her? But that didn’t seem right since he was known as a womanizer around the team.

Jessica stood up but was soon hit to the ground. When she opened her eyes, she saw a pair of familiar brown ones staring back. Ones that always managed to make her heart beat faster, “So..rr…y..”

Taecyeon saw the whole incident and came running over to help, “Jung are you okay?!” He practically threw the person off Jessica and started looking for bruises over her.

Jessica quickly brushed his advances away, “I am fine…umm Jiwoong are you okay?”

Taeyeon looked up to Jesse, “I am so sorry. We were playing and I wasn’t looking.”

Jessica saw a scratch on his face so she reached up to touch it causing his face to turn very red, “you hurt yourself…”

Taeyeon quickly backed away when her heartbeat became erratic, “It is nothing…Frisbee…” Taeyeon quickly retrieved the Frisbee and tried to run off but Jessica caught up with her.

“Jiwoong! Can I talk to you?”

Taeyeon was surprised that her roommate wanted to have a conversation, “What is it?”

“I ah umm. Can I stay with you tonight?”

“Huh? What?”

“You don’t have to agree…but I ah can’t stay with my team tonight.”

Taeyeon looked at Taecyeon who was still watching, “Taecyeon did something happen?”

“He is right. You should let him stay with you.”

Taeyeon looked back at Jesse, “I can help sneak you in later, but you owe me.”

Jessica nodded profusely before the other party left to join his teammates again. “Jung…did you want to go back to the dorm?”

Jessica didn’t see any reason to stay out on the beach so she decided to head back with Taecyeon.

 

Nighttime came on the boys who were told to go to bed early because training would start early in the morning. Jessica saw all the boys rush to the showing area but for fear of getting caught, she thought she would try later at night. Taecyeon returned to the room to see his new roommate hasn’t showered, “Jung are you going to shower before bed?”

Jessica looked up from her phone, “Maybe later.”

Taecyeon was busy drying his hair, “Well I was the last one so the shower is free.”

Jessica’s ears perked up upon hearing the shower was free, “Did the badminton team also shower already?”

“Yea it was weird. So many men in one bathroom...”

Jessica quickly grabbed her shower stuff, “I think I should go shower now then.”

Taecyeon laughed when he saw the shorter one rush out of the room.

 

Jessica hesitantly made her way into the bathroom and checked to see that no one was in the showering area. She knew she had to act fast but taking a quick shower was not something she was used to doing. After finding a safe place in a corner she quickly undressed and turned the water on letting it slide over her body. After a few minutes she was almost done but panic hit her when she heard the bathroom door open.

 

----------------

 

“Jiwoong are you coming with us with to shower?”

Taeyeon tried to look busy, “Ah no. I will go in a bit...I ah need to fix my strings before tomorrow.”

“Umm okay. Don’t wait too long because coach said he will close the gym at 11pm.”

Taeyeon waved her teammates goodbye, “I will go soon don’t worry.”

After a while, Taeyeon saw her teammates come back in one by one. Once she saw her final teammate return, she decided it might be safe to take a shower.

Upon making it to the bathroom area, she almost ran out the door again when she heard one of the showers still running. Seeing a male would make her feel uncomfortable so she quickly closed the door again and decided to wait until sed male would leave the bathroom.

The bathroom door swung open, “Jesse?”

“Jiwoong...”

“Ah umm did you just finish showering?”

Jessica was nervous as hell but she put up her best acting skills, “I am wet, aren’t I?” Then again she wanted to slap herself for being a smartass.

“I guess you are...” Taeyeon saw her roommate walking away before it hit her that she still had to let him in later tonight, “Jesse!”

Jessica turned to see her roommate walking towards her, “Can you come over before 11pm? I mean to umm sleep with my team and all?”

“Oh yea...I almost forgot.” Jessica saw a smile on her roommate’s face while he walked into the bathroom. Somehow his smiling face made her body all hot. She tried to shake off those feelings before returning to her room with Taecyeon.

“Did you have a nice shower?”

Jessica was so thought up in her thoughts that she didn’t hear what Taecyeon was even asking her, “Huh?”

“Did something happen in the shower?”

Jessica was confused to why Taecyeon was acting so concerned about her, “Uh no. I..I mean we should sleep.”

 

--------------------

 

Taeyeon was looking at her watch waiting for her roommate to come so she could let him in before her coach decided to lock the doors. “Ah where is he?” Getting impatient, Taeyeon decided to go out and see if she could spot him. After a while Taeyeon finally saw him running towards her. “Gosh why so late??”

“Sorry! I was almost caught by someone doing a hall sweep to make sure we were in our rooms.”

“It is fine, let’s just go in.” Taeyeon tried opening the door but it wouldn’t budge.

“Is something wrong?”

Taeyeon looked at her phone, ‘11:02’ she knew that it must have been her coach who locked the doors, “Crap...I think we are both locked out.”

Jessica went into panic so she pushed the other person aside while she tried opening the doors but they wouldn’t budge, “Great...I don’t want to sleep out here...what if there are wild animals?”

Taeyeon found her roommate to be very unmanly but it was very amusing and cute, “Jesse we are next to the sea. No wild animals.”

Just then the two girls heard a howl, “What do you call that??”

“Umm maybe wolves?”

Jessica was getting more scared by the moment so she drifted towards Taeyeon out of fear. Seeing Jesse was clearly scared, Taeyeon reached out to him in concern, “Don’t worry, why don’t we just go down to the beach to rest for now? It is more comfortable than here.”

Jessica unconsciously grabbed onto Taeyeon’s arm while the two made their way down to the beach. Both sat in the sand while they watched the waves crash upon the shore. The two didn’t bother making small talk because words were not needed between them to make time pass. The night air and quiet sounds of the waves was enough to make them fall into a short slumber.

Jessica woke up when she heard the sound of boys rushing down to the beach. When she looked into the darkness, she saw her team quickly approaching. Quickly she went to wake Jiwoong up, “Hey we need to get up!”

Taeyeon quickly opened her eyes and heard the voices coming closer. She quickly took Jesse’s hand, “Come on. I think we need to hide for now. We can’t let them find you.”

Panic was replaced with comfort as Jessica let Jiwoong guide her to a safer place. The two found a place to hide behind a boulder. “I don’t think they will see us here. Let’s just wait a while until they leave.”

Jessica’s heart was beating fast as she felt his arms around her waist with their bodies closer than ever before. She wanted to tell her heart to calm down because he might feel her heart beating uncontrollable but her thoughts were clouded by lust for his lips as she wanted to kiss them. Unknowingly, Taeyeon was also having thoughts of wanting to take advantage of their current situation. She was finally sharing a closeness that she never dreamed of with the roommate she secretly lusted for. It was unknown if it was Taeyeon or Jessica who leaned forward first but lips came in contact. Both were surprised that either they or the other party initiated it but the softness of the other’s lips was all they could think about. Eyes closed as the other’s lips responded to the intimate contact.

Taeyeon pulled away from the lips she wanted to taste more of when she heard the voices retreating, “I think they are gone.”

Jessica was blushing like mad from the quick kiss they shared. It didn’t make sense how that happened or what it even meant. She was confused in her thoughts that she just let Jiwoong guide her from behind the boulder before collapsing into the sand again.

Taeyeon sat next to the dazed roommate, “Umm we should get some sleep.”

Jessica looked at her roommate who closed his eyes to sleep. She was very very awake at the moment thinking about the kiss. Did they really kiss? Her roommate was acting like nothing happened so did that mean nothing really happened? Her thoughts were tiring as they went around in circles. It wasn’t long before sleep consumed Jessica as well.

 

 


Author's Note

So I am not sure what happend but I couldn't write. Nothing came to mind when I thought of writing something. But I managed to get this chapter done. I hope you can be patient with me incase your author has writer's block. I hope it doesn't happen often because I know you readers want updates too!

Thanks for subscribing and for the upvotes!