Chapter 5

Re-Love 2

After what seemed like ages for everyone the doctor walked out from the operations room. Mei quickly got up and grabbed the doctors arm.

"Doctor, how is my husband?" She asked still crying. 

"He survived but... He might need some time to wake up." The doctor looked at them.

Mei let his arm go and cried. Sooyoung walked up to her and wanted to hold her when she pushed her away.

"Mei... You need to calm down... It's not healthy for the baby." Sooyoung looked at her with sad eyes.

"Don't act like you care." Mei glared at her and sat down again.

"Mei..." Sooyoung said as a tear escaped.

"Sooyoung..." Kyungsoo hugged her from behind and they walked away.

It was too much for Sooyoung. She fell on her knees and started to cry. Kyungsoo kneeled down in front of her and hugged her.

"I never wanted this..." She said and sobbed into his chest.

"I know, Sooyoung, I know..." Kyungsoo was her hair.

"I told him that he's a married man and that he should leave me alone... He said he wanted to be friends but it always ends up like this." Sooyoung looked at Kyungsoo.

"I know... He's stupid. He can't hide his feelings." Kyungsoo sighed.

"I mean, if he liked me so much, why didn't he fight? When I told him that I want to break up, he could have tried his best to win me back. But he didn't, oppa, he didn't try it and came back with another girl! She wasn't even his girlfriend but his fiancé! I really like Mei, I want to be good friends with her but I can't because Kai is between us." Sooyoung cried more.

"And now she hates me! She has every right to do so! I'd hate that girl too if she'd be with Myungsoo always and if I knew that they were dating before me. But Mei tried her best to be good friends with me. And then Kai... He ruined it all!" Sooyoung said and cried again.

"Sooyoung... You have no idea..." Kyungsoo rubbed her back.

"Kai didn't deserve you anyways. You were too good for him." Kyungsoo said and Sooyoung looked at him.

"He's a selfish guy... You're like an angel... That's why he fell in love with you so much... He was admiring you... How could someone who lost everything... Who lost the person she loved the most, survive? How could that person be able to smile so brightly and be strong? You know his parents... He wanted to be like you... But when you left him, he didn't know what to do... It never happened before that someone had left him before he did. And his parents weren't there to teach him some morals from the beginning... So he became selfish and nonchalant. You showed him the other side of the coin and he loved you so much because of this. I really hate the things Kai does... But please try to understand him. His life wasn't easy. He's never been loved." Kyungsoo said.

Sooyoung wiped her tears away.

"I'm sorry." She said and sat down on a chair.

"It's okay..." Kyungsoo smiled and sat down next to her.

"Hyung is out!" Tao called them.

D.O and Sooyoung quickly got up and walked towards them.
Kai was sleeping peacefully. Sooyoung smiled as she saw his face. She had to think of what D.O had told her. She felt sorry for leaving him. Then she looked up at Mei and saw her crying while holding his hand.

'He's in good hands.' Sooyoung thought and smiled.

The nurse brought Kai to his room and Sooyoung decided to leave.

"Let me take you home." Suho offered her a ride.

"It's okay... He might want to see you when he wakes up, you should be here and I want some time for myself anyways." She smiled and Suho nodded.

"Take care." He smiled at her and returned to Kai's side.

Sooyoung said goodbye to the other guys and wanted to say goodbye to Mei but she turned her back on her. Sooyoung lowered her head and walked out.
She was slowly walking home when her phone rang. She looked at the ID and saw Myungsoo.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Baby, where are you? I'm in front of your house..." Myungsoo said.

"I was at the hospital..." She sighed.

"Why? Is everything okay? Why didn't you call me? Where are you now?"

Sooyoung giggled quietly.

"Idiot... I'm fine... Kai had an accident..." She said and sighed.

"K-Kai...?"

"Yeah... Remember when he visited me this morning? On his way home he had an accident and he had an surgery."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, no need to worry. Sorry for making you wait... I'll be there quickly." She said and hurried to the next bus station.

"Should I pick you up?"

"It's fine. I'll take the bus and I'll be there in 15 minutes." She said and just then the bus came.

"Okay, baby. I'll be waiting. I love you!"

"I love you, too." Sooyoung said and hung up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooyoung was kissing Myungsoo when her phone rang.

"Don't answer." Myungsoo whispered still trying to kiss her.

"What if it's mom?" Sooyoung whispered smiling and got up.

Myungsoo also sat up and sighed. Sooyoung looked at her phone and her eyes widened.

"Who is it?" Myungsoo asked.

"M-Mei..." Sooyoung said.

"Don't answer it." Myungsoo leaned in.

"What if something happened to Kai?" Sooyoung looked into Myungsoo's eyes.

Myungsoo sighed and got up, walking out. Sooyoung looked after him and answered the phone.

"Hello?" She asked slowly.

"Sooyoung?" It was Sehun's voice.

"Oh, Sehun-ah, what happened? Why do you have Mei's phone?" Sooyoung asked confused.

"Mei asked me to call you. Kai woke up..."

"O-Oh... That's good to hear..." She bit her lower lip.

"The thing is..." He let out a sigh.

"Yeah?"

"He lost his memory... Like he remembers us but not Mei... And it's really stressing her out." Sehun sighed again.

"Oh no..."

"And... He also remembers you..." Sehun said and Sooyoung's jaw dropped.

"Wait, what do you mean? How can he remember me?" She asked confused.

"I don't know... Can you come over?" He asked.

"O-Of course..." Sooyoung nodded and got up.

"Thanks... I'll see you in a while then." Sehun said and they hung up.

"Myungsoo-ya!" Sooyoung called for him and walked out of her room but the lights in the house were turned off.

"Myungsoo?" She called again and walked downstairs but no one was there.

Myungsoo had left the house without saying anything. Sooyoung tried calling him but he wasn't picking up. Then she called Dongwoo.

"Hmmmmm?" He answered his phone with a sleepy voice.

"Dongwoo-ya, it's me, Sooyoung."

"Oh hey..."

"Is Myungsoo with you? Or did he call you?" She asked him.

"Hmmm... No... I don't know where he is."

Sooyoung sighed.

"What happened?" Dongwoo asked.

"Nothing... Long story... Hey... Can I ask you for a favor?"

"Sure thing."

"C-Can you come and pick me up... I need to go to the hospital."

"What? Did something happen?" Dongwoo asked worried.

"No, nothing... I just have to see Kai..." She said.

"Kai?"

"I'll explain when you come..."

"Okay, I'll be there in a while." He said and hung up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooyoung opened the door to Kai's room and slowly walked in. The lights were turned off, only a little lamp next to Kai's bed was on. Dongwoo followed her inside and Suho saw them and immediately got up.

"Hi." Suho smiled slightly.

Sooyoung's eyes weren't leaving Kai. Dongwoo held her by her shoulders and led her out of the room. Suho followed them.

"Sooyoung told me about everything. But how come......?" Dongwoo looked at Sooyoung who were blankly looking down.

"We talked to the doctor and he said that this is just normal... EXO and Sooyoung left some deep marks in his life, so he's remembering us." Suho said and Sooyoung looked at him.

"But... Mei...?" Sooyoung asked.

Suho sighed.

"She was just another girl in his life... He'd always say that..."

Sooyoung didn't know what to say. 

"Hey..." Dongwoo whispered and touched her arm.

She looked up at him. 

"Let's go home." He suggested.

"We need to find Myungsoo..." Sooyoung said.

"Sooyoung..." Suho looked at her.

"Yes?" 

"Can't you stay the night? The doctor said it's better if he is surrounded by people he remembers... Only this once... For his sake." Suho asked her.

She had to think for a while and then nodded.

"But not for his sake. For the sake of Mei and the baby!" She said and walked back into the room and sat down on the sofa across Kai's bed.

Suho and Dongwoo followed her inside. Suho smiled at her and sat down on a chair while Dongwoo sat down next to her.

"I'll go and find Myungsoo and explain him everything, you just stay here, okay?" Dongwoo told her.

She nodded. 

"Thank you." She smiled slightly.

Dongwoo smiled back and placed a soft kiss on her forehead and got up to leave. Sooyoung watched Kai with her arms crossed. But soon she fell asleep.
The next morning when she woke up someone was looking at her from only a few inches away.

"Oh my god! You scared me!" She said when she came back to her senses.

Kai laughed quietly not trying to wake up the others that were still sleeping.  He made a sign for her with his hands to follow him out and she got up, tiptoeing her way out. When they were out Kai grabbed her by her shoulders and looked at her.

"Why weren't you there when I opened my eyes yesterday?" He asked her.

"I... Had no reason, Kai." She looked away.

"No reason? Ya! You're my girlfriend!" Kai said and her eyes widened.

"I'm not!" Sooyoung pushed his hands away.

"Ya! Just because I had this accident you're leaving me???" He said.

"Kai, you are married. The girl inside is your wife!" Sooyoung said as her eyes filled with tears.

"What are you talking about? I love you! I wouldn't marry anyone else!" Kai said and grabbed her hand.

Just then Mei walked out of the room.

"We need to talk, Sooyoung." She said and walked away.

"Excuse me..." Sooyoung pushed his hands softly away and followed Mei.

They walked to the rooftop and sat down on some benches. 

"I'm sorry." Sooyoung said as she stared at a point far away from them.

"I have no reason to hate you... But I can't help it, right now. I know you're trying your best to ignore him and that it's him going back to you but... Anyways that's not why I called you." Mei played with her fingers.

"The doctor said that for the time being we need to play along with Kai. We need to play along cause this is the fastest way possible for him to get his memories back. And as much as I hate to say this... You have to be his girlfriend for the time being." Mei sighed.

"I... I can't..." Sooyoung said looking at Mei.

"I know this is a lot to ask for and I know you love someone else but please... I want him to gain his memories back before I give birth..." Mei grabbed Sooyoung's hands as tears fell from her eyes. 

Sooyoung sighed and nodded.

"Thank you! And I'm sorry!" Mei suddenly hugged Sooyoung.

Sooyoung hugged her back and then they walked down.

"Sooyoung!" Kai immediately got up when they walked in. 

"Kai..." She tried to smile for him. 

"Baby... You're not leaving me, are you?" Kai grabbed her hands and looked at her.

Sooyoung shook her head as she tried to suppress the urge to cry. Kai smiled and hugged her and tried to kiss her but Sooyoung turned her head away.

"Baby...?" Kai looked at her surprised.

"Not here... Where everyone is watching us." She whispered and Kai looked around.

"Oh right." He smiled and walked back to his bed while still holding onto Sooyoung's hand. 

He sat down and smiled at her. Just then Sooyoung's phone rang. She looked at the ID and excused herself and quickly walked out of the room.

"Myungsoo?" She answered the phone.

"Baby, I'm sorry that I left you last night without saying a word. I was just really mad so I walked out of the room but then I got a phone call that Changhee wasn't feeling so well and I got really worried." He explained.

"Oh... It's okay... is she feeling better?" Sooyoung asked.

"Yes... Where are you now baby? I heard from Dongwoo that you're back in the hospital?"

"Yeah... About that... Myungsoo, Kai has lost his memories... Like, he only remembers people who left deep marks in his life..."

"I heard that from Dongwoo... He thinks you're his girlfriend, right?" She could hear him sighing.

"Exactly... And the only way he can remember everything is... Like, when everyone plays along..." 

"You mean..." 

"Yeah... I need to pretend to be his girlfriend for the time being..."

"I... I understand..."

"Myungsoo,  you know that I only love you, right?" She said into the phone with teary eyes.

"I know baby, don't worry. I gotta hang up now... We'll talk again later."

"Okay... I love you!"

"I love you too." He said and hung up.

Sooyoung sighed and calmed down before she walked back to the room.

They were all just sitting around when the door to Kai's room opened and two men in black suits walked in followed by a woman with a beige armless coat wearing a big red hat and sunglasses. She took her glasses off and gave her red bag and her glasses to one of the men and her coat to the other man. Everyone got up as they noticed her as Kai's mother.

"Mom..." Kai sat up.

Sooyoung tried to hide but it was too late. Her eyes immediately had landed on Sooyoung.

"How are you doing?" His mother asked Kai.

"Good." He answered and looked away.

"Mei, dear, how about you?" His mother smiled at her.

"Fine, ommonie, you?" Mei smiled slightly back while blushing.

"You know this girl?" Kai asked surprised. 

"What- Of course! She's your wife!" Her eyes widened.

"Why is everyone going around telling me she is my wife?! I only love Sooyoung and I wouldn't marry anyone!" Kai said angry.

"You again! I told you to stay away from my son! What did you do this time?!" Mrs. Kim was glaring at Sooyoung furiously but Sooyoung had lowered her head.

"Mom!" Kai got angry as well.

"You stay away from this! You already caused enough trouble for you father!" Mrs. Kim also glared at her son. 

"Ommonie, can I talk to you for a while?" Mei asked.

Mrs. Kim glared at Sooyoung again and followed Mei out. When they were out Kai grabbed her hand.

"I'm sorry baby. You know my mom..." Kai apologised.

"It's fine... I know..." She smiled and suppressed the tears that were filling her eyes.

"I need to go to the washroom. I'll be back in a while." She took her hand away and walked out of the room.

Thankfully Mrs. Kim and Mei weren't in front of the door. She walked towards the nearest washroom to wash her face. Never had she thought that she'd have to face his mother again. Mrs. Kim was always looking at her with eyes filled with hatred and it was hurting Sooyoung inside. She never did anything wrong to her and yet she hated her so much. After washing her face she walked out and just saw Mrs. Kim walking towards the washroom. She glared at Sooyoung again. Sooyoung lowered her head and wanted to quietly walk pass her when she grabbed Sooyoung by her arm.

"Don't even think of winning his heart back. He decided to throw you away when he married Mei. Just remember that this is all acting and don't get too close to him! Unless you want to be his mistress." She whispered into Sooyoungs ear.

Sooyoung's eyes widened. She couldn't believe what she just heard.

"Mrs. Kim, how can you tell me something like this? I would never try to get him back because I know that he's married!" Sooyoung's eyes filled with tears.

"I'm just warning you... In case... I know that you low lives would do anything for money!" She glared at Sooyoung again and walked into the washroom. 

Sooyoung clenched her fist. Tears fell down. When she looked up she saw Baekhyun running towards her. 

"Oh no... When I heard that she was going to the washroom I rushed out to get you... but I guess I'm too late." He said and hugged her.

Sooyoung let everything go and cried into Baekhyun's chest. After crying her eyes out she calmed down and wiped her tears away.

"I'm red, right?" Sooyoung sighed.

"It's okay." Baekhyun smiled.

"Ughh , Kai will notice it..." Sooyoung sighed again.

"I know why he fell in love with you..." Baekhyun said looking at her.

"What?" Sooyoung asked confused.

"I don't know what Mrs. Kim said to you but you're still thinking of others... You're still worried that Kai might notice it. He's such a lucky bastard." Baekhyun said and laughed.

"Well... Thanks... But that ain't helping me to look better." Sooyoung laughed too.

After a while she looked pretty normal again and they walked back to Kai's room. But he wasn't in his bed, also Mrs. Kim had left. 

"Oh... He just went out to look for you." Chanyeol said.

"Oh, okay. Where's Mei?" Sooyoung asked.

"Mrs. Kim took her home since she's getting really exhausted here and it's not good for the baby." Chanyeol explained.

"Oh okay... I'll look for Kai then... He needs to rest." Sooyoung said and Baekhyun and Chanyeol nodded.

She walked out and started to look around. After walking for a while she spotted him in the canteen. She walked in and surprised him from behind.

"You scared me!" Kai said surprised.

"That's what you get for scaring me this morning." She said and laughed.

Kai laughed too. Then he bought coffee for them and they walked out of the canteen. 

"Follow me, I'll show you a great place!" Sooyoung smiled and walked ahead.

Kai grabbed her hand from the back. She looked at it for a while but didn't say anything and they walked up to the rooftop.

"The rooftop?" Kai sounded disappointed.

"No! Just follow me!" She laughed and continued to drag him along.

When they were on the rooftop they turned to the left and walked to the back of the rooftop where no one was really going to. Then they turned left again and Kai saw a tiny places filled with flowers everywhere.

"There's a place like this?" He asked surprised.

"Right? I discovered it just recently too. It's pretty, right?" She smiled at him happily still holding onto his hand.

Kai nodded smiling at her too. Then they sat down and sipped on their coffees without talking.

"How long are you going to stay here?" Sooyoung broke the silence.

"I think I'll be able to leave in a few days." He said and Sooyoung nodded.

After drinking her coffee she laid down and watch the clouds. Kai watched her with a smile on his face. Then he put his cup away too and climbed on top of her.

"Oh my god! What are you doing?!" Sooyoung asked surprised and tried to push him away but he was just grinning at her.

Then he leaned in and his hair was touching Sooyoung's forehead. He looked into her eyes and Sooyoung looked back feeling a little nervous. He suddenly pressed his lips on hers. Sooyoung was taken aback first but then she came back to her senses. She wanted to push him away but then she thought of Mei's words. She had to play along, so she wrapped her arms around his neck and replied his kiss. While kissing she felt him smirking. He deepened the kiss and his hands moved down to lift her shirt.

"Not here..." Sooyoung whispered and grabbed his hand before he could lift her shirt.

"But I can't wait till we get home!" Kai sighed.

"Too bad." Sooyoung pushed him away and got up laughing.

"You're mean." He pouted.

"I think we should go back now..." She said and he got up as well. 

They walked back downstairs while holding hands. Kai opened the door to his room and Sooyoung saw Infinite inside. Just then Myungsoo and everyone else looked into their direction and saw them walking in while holding hands. Sooyoung immediately let him go but it was too late. Myungsoo was looking at her hands.

"Who are they?" Kai asked Chanyeol.

"You really don't remember anything?" Sungyeol asked.

Kai shook his head.

"They are our dance rivals." Chanyeol said as he took notice of the awkward situation.

"Myungsoo..." Sooyoung whispered.

"You know him?" Kai turned around and looked at Sooyoung surprised.

Sooyoung was only looking at Myungsoo whose eyes were watery. Then he smiled and looked up.

"We were together in school... With you..." Myungsoo looked at Kai.

"Oh..." Kai nodded.

"I need some fresh air." Myungsoo said and walked out.

"M-Me too." Sooyoung said and quickly followed him out.

"Myungsoo!" She called after him.

He sat down on some benches and burried his face in his palms.

"Myungsoo..." She sat down next to him.

"Do you really have to do this?" He asked her.

"Baby... You know that I don't want to..." She hugged his arm and laid her head on his shoulder.

"I hate seeing you with him, Sooyoung. You know that." Myungsoo sighed as he put his hand on her hand.

"I know baby... But it's for Mei..." She looked at him.

They looked at each other in the eyes then Myungsoo pecked her lips and nodded. Just then Kai walked out and saw them hugging each other.

"Sooyoung?" He asked.

"Kai!" She quickly let Myungsoo go and got up.

"What's going on?" Kai looked at Myungsoo who was also slowly getting up.

"W-We were just talking..." Sooyoung blushed.

"Talking? About what?" Kai looked angrily at Myungsoo.

Just then Myungsoo saw Mei getting out of the elevator.

"Mei!" Myungsoo called her and waved at her.

She walked towards them looking a little confused. Sooyoung was also looking confused at Myungsoo.

"Baby... Where have you been?" Myungsoo hugged Mei and smiled.

Sooyoung looked at him with big eyes.

"Oh... She's your girlfriend?" Kai asked Myungsoo.

"Yes..." Myungsoo smiled slightly and looked at Sooyoung.

Sooyoung bit her lower lip.

"Let's go on a double date when I'm out of the hospital!" Kai said and hugged Sooyoung's waist.

"Sure...." Myungsoo was still looking at Sooyoung.

A/N: helloooooo~ here's a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaally late update T^T but i have my exams starting next week and i actually need to study :/ i need to study but i really wanted to update so badly~ kkkkk anyways guys leave me your comments and subscribe if you haven't yet~ things are starting to get a little complicated from now on....oh-oh.... kkk