Let me be the one

Our Song

A-yo! I made it LoL, so as I have promised...here's a double update for you guys. but please don't kill me :(( Keep calm and ship Kryber. Please subscribe and comment...Please :(( 

You can play this song while reading..you know to build up the mood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LVHpdOv3w8

LET ME BE THE ONE

Somebody told me you were leavin’ 
I didn’t know 
Somebody told me you’re unhappy 
But it doesn’t show 
Somebody told me that you don’t want me no more 
So you’re walkin’ out the door 
Nobody told me you’ve been cryin’ 
Every night 
Nobody told me you’d been dyin’ 
But didn’t want to fight 
Nobody told me that you fell out of love from me 
So I’m settin’ you free 

Let me be the one to break it up 
So you won’t have to make excuses 
We don’t need to find a set up where 
Someone wins and someone loses 
We just have to say our love was true 
But has now become a lie 
So I’m tellin’ you I love you one last time 
And goodbye 
Somebody told me you still loved me 
Don’t know why 
Nobody told me that you only 
Needed time to fly 
Somebody told me that you want to come back when 
Our love is real again 

Just turn around and walk away 
You don’t have to live like this 
But if you love me still then stay 
Don’t keep me waiting for that final kiss 
We can work together through this test 
Or we can work through it apart 
I just need to get this off my chest 
That you will always have my heart 

 

9 MONTHS LATER

AMBER’S POV

“Amber!” Kris came shouting for my name that morning. He was panting hard when he caught up with me.

“Hey, why the sudden rush?” I was on the road jogging when he came, it became a daily routine for me ever since me and Krystal became a couple, oh yeah! We’re turning to our 10th month now. Krystal likes to stay in shape that’s why we never miss a weekend without a 2 hour jog.

“I just saw you jog while I’m on my way home.” He held to his knees while breathing heavily.

 “Oh okay then, want to join?”

“Nah, you know I have a heart ailment right? Could we just walk?”

“Sure.”

“Where’s Krystal anyway?” He asked me while we were walking leisurely at the path walk.

“She said she needs to finish a project given to her by her professor” Krystal was accidentally moved to another section this semester so she’s not my classmate, for two weeks she’s been very busy since she’s aiming to place on the honor students for the school year.

I noticed the sudden change of Kris’ emotions after I spoke, he became uneasy and…nervous?

“Is there a problem Kris?” I tapped his shoulder to get his attention, he’s spacing out.

“Uh- No haha it’s just new for me for the both of you not to be together” His laugh was awkward.

“You’re being weird again”

“Hey Am… I need to talk to you.” His face became serious as he stopped walking. I turned to him and threw a questioning look.

“You can talk to me now”

“No, I need to talk to you to a more serious place” his voice was stern and strict, there’s a problem and I know it.

“Okay when?” I suddenly felt uneasy because of this…Aish why do this guy needs to make it longer.

“Meet me tomorrow after class”

 

NEXT DAY

“Hey Krys?” I held Krystal’s hands that afternoon, it’s been days since we weren’t walking home and I miss those times.

“Am, I’m sorry. I really need to finish these” she took her hands from mine and looked away.

“Is there any problem?” I asked her. I want to know what’s bothering her, she’s been different. I seems like she’s not the Krystal I met before. The Krystal I loved.

“No Am, I’m sorry…I’m just busy. Don’t worry I’ll make it up to you okay?” she gave me a peck on my lips and walked.

“Hey bro?” Kris called that made me come back to my senses, I didn’t notice that I was standing there for quite some time now.

“Uh, hey” I looked at him and saw him holding two canned latte.

“Let’s have a drink.” He offered which I accepted with a nod.

We went at the park where me and Krystal used to stay, many have changed to this place for it’s been almost a month since we last visited.

“You told me that you want to talk to me…what is it?” I opened the can Kris gave me and looked at him placed the can on the side.

“we’re friends right? Longer than your friendship with Krystal.” Wait? What is he doing?

“Yeah, but it will end if you confess to me.”

“Fool I’m not, this is about Krystal.” I raised an eyebrow, he likes Krystal?

“What about her”

“I know what I’m going to do might change our friendship but… I know you deserve to know.”

“What is it?” My voice trembled, what is he talking about? What’s with Krystal? Does he have the answer as to why she’s been acting so differently?

“Am… Krys..Krys is meeting someone else” I dropped the can I was holding.

“W-what? Are you ing joking me?” I don’t know what to feel, I’m shaking…because of anger? sadness? Krystal…is that the reason why she’s avoiding me always?

“I saw her with someone else last week and…”

“And what?”

“He kissed her”

Bam

Kris fell down the ground after I hit him on the face, something came to me that made me do it. I watched him slowly got up to his knees before landing another punch that made his lips bleed.

“How dare you say those things to Krystal” I grabbed his collar and glared at him.

“Am..It’s true, I wanted to say this to you because you’re my friend. Trust me please” I can’t help but to see the sincerity in his eyes. Kris was my best friend and was always beside so I know when he says something, it’s true. But now, I can’t believe it I know Krystal wouldn’t do those things to me.

I released him from my grip and turned away. I was breathing deeply to gather up my thoughts and myself, I need to remain calm.

“When was that?”

“Three days before I saw you on the streets jogging.”

“Who’s with her?”

“I – I rather n-not say.”

“What? Everything’s destroyed Kris. Just spit it out.” I raised my voice and tears started to form in my eyes…Krystal, Why?

“D-Donghae…” my eyes widened and my jaw dropped with what he said. My knees felt weak enough to make me sit, my chest is aching…why does this need to happen…why?

“Am?” Kris tried to hold my shoulders but I shoved it away.

“Leave me alone first.”

“O-okay Am, I’m sorry… I just wanted to – “

“Just leave Kris, Thanks.”

 

I cupped my face into my palms and started to cry, all this time its still Donghae that she loves. Now I know why she’s always busy, now I know why she makes excuses when I ask her to go out, now I know why she became cold.

I convinced myself to find out the truth by myself, I still hope that Kris is joking me I still hope that it’s not true.

 

I went to her place and brought some food with me. I was just meters away when I saw Sulli, Krystal’s neighbor and best friend walking outside from her house.

“Hey hyung” She waved and went near me.

“Hey Sul, Is Krystal home?”

“Yeah, I just came to her place earlier…I need to go now hyung, Take care!” she waved and ran away.

I continued to her door and even before I could twist the knob open, I heard her sobs inside. She was talking to someone and I confirmed to myself that it was Donghae she was talking to.

“O-oppa, how? How can I tell Amber about us, I don’t want her to be hurt oppa.”

That’s it, I know I already lost to him. Krystal still wants him, she still loves him. I left her place with a big lump on my throat, I promised myself never to cry in a public place but I can’t help it, I walked with tears flowing from my eyes. I want to throw things and shout, I want to hurt myself just to get rid of the pain I’m experiencing.

“Hello Kris?” I dialed his number and with a few rings he picked up.

“Hey bro? You okay?”

“Yeah, I already know it. I heard them, I just wanted to say thanks and I wouldn’t go to school tomorrow.”

“Okay bro”

“Thanks”

 

Krystal, do you remember that time when you took care of me when I’m sick? When I massaged your foot because you got hurt from cooking for me? Do you remember how happy we were back then cuddling and teasing each other until we got tired from laughing? I love those times, I love when you wanted to stay close to me so you wouldn’t be afraid. Why didn’t you just tell me that you never forgot him? I would understand that because I love you and I only want what’s going to make you happy…haven’t I said to you that I’m willing to give up everything just for you to be happy? You should’ve said…

 

THE FOLLOWING DAY

I woke up with a headache the next day, I fell asleep thinking about her and crying. When I got up and went to the kitchen I thought I saw her cooking, but I was wrong. I’m just dreaming, I hit my head and went to get myself a drink. When I opened the fridge I saw the heart-shaped chocolate she gave me last three days, the day before Kris saw me jogging.

Oh god, I’m tired of crying so please stop stupid eyes. I said to myself when I felt a tear drop from my right eye, I can’t help it.

I reached for my phone and saw 5 missed calls coming from Krystal followed by 4 text messages.

 

10:05pm Krystal: Am where are you? Are you home now?

10:30pm Krystal: Why are you not answering your phone? Are you asleep?

12:00pm Krystal: I guess you’re knocked out. Goodnight Am, see you tomorrow J

8:45am Krystal: Are you okay Am? Kris said you couldn’t attend your class today, I’ll be visiting you later okay? :*

 

How can I actually face her? Should I say it to her later?

 

5:15 PM

I heard knocks coming from the door and when I got up to see who it was I saw Krystal standing in front of me.

“Hey am!” She said happily as she kissed my cheek.

“Hey! I missed you” That good to go Amber, you practiced well.

“I miss you too, by the way I brought you this. Kris said you’re not feeling well.”

“Y-Yeah, my head hurts so bad”

“Here let’s eat.” She placed the paper bag on the kitchen top while I sat on the chair beside her.

“How’s the project?” I asked her while tugging her shirt.

“O -Oh yeah! It’s done now” she can’t make an eye contact with me.

“I’m glad to hear that.” I noticed that her phone keep on vibrating inside her pocket.

“Krys, someone might be calling you, your phone is vibrating” I said and pointed at her pocket.

“I’ll get it first, excuse me.” She left the room and went outside. I clenched my chest to prevent myself from crying and to stop the recurring pain I’m experiencing.

She came back with a smile on her face and continued what she was doing, we talked for about an hour before she said that she needs to go home.

“Why?” I asked her.

“Sul, needs help”

“Okay, take care Krys” I walked her to the door for she doesn’t want me to walk her home,

“I love you Krystal so much” I held her wrist before I closed the door.

“I know Am, Me too” she said and I released her

------------------------

“Hey Kris? Let’s do the plan tomorrow. Call Suzy too so she’ll know” I finished typing and sent the message to him. Tomorrow, I’ll be releasing Krystal for her to be happy.

This is just...Sad but things have to happen :( please don't sue me :( 

what can you say guys? please comment and subscribe...Thank you!! 

A new character will surface tomorrow so please anticipate.