The Final Letter

Our Song

 “Where Am I?” When Amber opened her eyes, she realized she wasn’t in her room, her head aches and she absolutely feels weak. Only fragments of the last night was all she could remember, the Soju, music, couples dancing and a girl… she tried her hardest to remember who she was with that night but she failed.

She got up from bed and went outside, she needs to know where she is especially after remembering Jessica, Jessica… what should she do now, her feelings were disoriented. She still loves Krystal, no doubt about that but Jessica, she can’t let her experience another kind of pain like her past did. She doesn’t deserve any.

She was stopped to her tracks when she saw a tall figure cooking wearing only jeans and apron, with hips swaying to the music.

“Kris?!” She exclaimed which made Kris turn his back to her, he was still holding the pan on his hand when he gave a playful grin.

“Oh hey, Morning bro” he placed two plates on the table followed by the scrambled eggs he cooked. He looked weird for her, seeing that masculine man turning to a cook with a bandana, apron and jeans is…

“Why exactly am I here?” she asked as she took a seat, seeing what her best friend did made her hungry.

“Heh, you just lost yourself back there buddy”

“What did I do this time?”

“You wouldn’t want to know”

“Spill it”

“Just finish that, take a bath, change clothes and go back to your apartment. Jessica’s waiting for you”

She flinched. Right, she’ll have a bigger issue to deal with later, better eat herself up.  She finished everything in seconds that she didn’t even let Kris eat a bit which made him groan and throw his apron on the air.

“Do you know I am hungry? I was not able to sleep because I’m in the freakin’ couch!”

“Sorry Kris, but that was for not telling what I did last night. I gotta go get prepared” she left him to take a bath while he went back to the kitchen to prepare his own food.

He was on the counter washing some utensils when he stopped and thought. He knew how confused Amber was, she’s broken, same with Krystal and Jessica loves her.

  • Flashback –

“Kris, can you please help Amber? I really can’t be with her at this time and maybe Jessica is really worried now.”

“But isn’t it better if you’re the one to take her home?”

“She needs to be with Jessica or you, since she’s her girlfriend and not me”

“Okay, I’ll bring her home. What about you?”

“I can go by myself. Just please take care of her”

“Sure, take care too”

“Thanks”

Kris carried Amber by the arm and slid her at the back side of his car, he took out his phone and dialed Jessica’s number and waited for her to answer.

“Hello? Kris? How is Amber? Did you find her? Whe-“

“Woah! One at a time please. Yes this is me, and Amber is damn drunk and we’re on our way there”

The line went dead silent for a while, until he heard faint sobs from her.

“Can you please take her with you first? If she’s fine she can go back here”

“Jess why?”

“She doesn’t drink. In fact, when we met in Busan I never saw her drink except the first night I met her on a bar also here in Seoul and it’s because of Krystal… so please”

“I understand”

  • END

“Jessi?” Amber slowly turned the knob to open as she called for her girlfriend’s name. She was too nervous but she didn’t care, whatever their issues were, they need to fix it. She can’t lie to someone who’s been hurt so much before.

“Jessica, I’m home” She called once again when no one answered her. She walked to the bedroom assuming that maybe she’s there and she was right, Jessica’s lying on the bed, curled up to one side.

“Jess? I’m here.” She whispered to her ear and she whined, all of a sudden cuddled on her lap.

Amber played with Jessica’s hair with her fingers and watched her sleep. She’s already close to her heart, all her time with Busan, though she can call it fast, she felt loved. Jessica is as broken as her and they completed everything through each other. She can’t leave her like this, she can’t break her even more. But she would be lying to her if she’ll say that she doesn’t love Krystal, Krystal’s always on her mind all these times and that tortures her.

I can do one thing if I wanted to and it is fair for all of us’ An idea crossed her mind and she knew it’s the best if she follow her gut about this.

“Amber?” she was cut off from her trance when Jessica’s hand touched her cheek, and she saw her in tears.

“Jess… why are you crying?”

“Please don’t leave me… please”

“Jess…”

“I know you still love her, I know you wanted Krystal back… I can live with that, just please don’t leave me”

“Jess… that’s unfair. You know that and you’re not like that”

“I don’t care”

“Stop this Jessica” Amber stood. She was angry not at the girl in front of her but with herself. She messed everything up and she hates it.

“Amber”

“Wake up Jess, you’re not like this! We were broken and ed up when we met, we only have each other when they both left us. But we weren’t like this before especially you! You don’t deserve to be used or hurt. Remember that!”

Jessica stared at her for a while and thought about what Amber said, she’s right. They were together because they were both broken and abandoned not because of they were themselves. She felt the need to think and assess everything but she thinks she knew what the answer would be… they need space, they couldn’t love each other when they themselves are broken. If they’ll start a relationship, they need to be back to who they are. They both need to heal.

“What do you want to do now?” Jessica asked. Nervously but ready for whatever answer Amber would say.

“I’m thinking to follow my sister in Taiwan. I can still move my credentials on time” Jessica felt like crying, but she knew Amber’s right. They need time away from each other and when they meet again, maybe, just maybe, they’ll start anew.

“I’ll support you with your decision”

“Thanks Jess. I hope you know that I loved you, all that we had were true and I never faked it. You deserve to be loved wholly and not just a part.”

“You deserve it too”

“We’ll meet again. Someday, sometime, somewhere” Jessica ran to Amber’s arms and held her tight.

They met in a bar, then back at Busan. Became enemies, friends and lovers. They may be separated for now, if they’re meant for each other, she’ll see her again.

“And if you fell in love with me and became mine, hell I won’t let anyone take you away from me again”

“Of course Jess, Absolutely.”

Jessica cupped Amber’s cheeks and place a deep, loving kiss on her lips. Their last kiss as a couple.

_

“Krystal!” Luna was panting after running quite a mile just to be able to catch up with Krystal on their way to school.

Krystal did nothing but to think about Amber the whole weekend, she tried to call her but it was unavailable. She wanted to clear things up between them, she wanted them to be clear.

“Lun? Why are you like that?”

“Amber’s not with Jessica.” Krystal’s eyes widened and she felt her feet ran voluntarily.

Why is Jessica not with Amber? Where is Amber then? What is happening? Numerous questions keep popping on her head but she found the answer to none. She needs to know it through Jessica, first and foremost.

“Jessica” She called at the top of her lungs when she saw her. Jessica turned her head to her when she heard her call. She stopped to her tracks, and waited for them to catch up with her.

“Where’s Amber?” Krystal asked.

“Krystal… she already left for Taiwan yesterday” Krystal’s face fell. Yesterday Amber confessed that she still loves her and then the next she’s gone.

“Don’t think bad of what she did… there’s a letter she left for you”

 

Krystal,

                Soojungie! Remember when we were kids? I would always protect you like a servant to his princess, to his master, to his queen. Do you remember those times with the bullies? We would run like there’s no tomorrow just to escape from them. I always laugh whenever I remember those but it’s always worth it when you’re on my back. I know you know that you’re my best friend and I love you, not just as a friend but as a lover.

 I’m sorry if I didn’t listen to you when they told me that you’re with Donghae, Kris already explained everything to me and now I understand. I also know that you followed me all the way to Busan and that’s where you saw me with Jessica… Ailee told me. I’m sorry for hurting you, for loving another without proper closure. I’m sorry for being selfish and immature… I’m really really sorry for causing you pain.

Thank you. Thank you for being my first bestfriend and my first love. Please remember that I’ll be your servant forever, your bestfriend an angel. I may be far away from you now, please never forget that I’m always with you. Remember what I always tell you since we’re kids… If you miss me, look at the stars at night, the brightest one and you’ll know I’m watching the same stars as yours.

Please don’t think that I’m leaving you. No I’m not, I’m doing this for us, for our relationship. I’m doing this for you, for Jessica and for myself, we need time to recollect ourselves, to mend the broken hearts and to heal the scars that was left and made… I’ll be back, for you. As a renewed person, more mature. And when I’m back and we still love each other, I know I am worthy enough for you.

 

One more thing before I end this, Please always smile. Smile again like the sunshine, smile with your lips and eyes. Please be happy and if ever there would be a time that you would feel like falling in love with someone… please let yourself. Please don’t restrain yourself because of me.

 

I’m happy seeing you happy and I know you know that. I love you Krystal Jung SooJung… till the next time

Now and Forever,

Amber Liu

 

- END - 

 

So this is the end of Book one, it means there's a book two... and I promise you it's better written and the plot and unanswered questions will be answered.. like, Where is Yuri? 

It will be purely in a third person POV with proofreading and all. One of the reasons why I was on Hiatus for months is becuase I wanted to polish my fics well including the grammar and all because my readers deserve the best. 

SO... 

Please anticipate the preview of the next book on the next update. 

If you want please share your ideas about this fic or the next what you sugest and all I don't mind if it's negative...

Thank you for the readers and silent readers (who doesn't comment T.T who read, enjoyed, annoyed, subscribed, upvoted or simply voted my fic... This is my first published - completed fic but like I said there is a book two... 

I love you all and please follow me on twitter for updates lol https://twitter.com/wallspaintedblu