Bestfriend

Our Song

BESTFRIEND by Jason Chen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKJkP1vCpMk (watch this! :P)

AMBER’S POV

Do you remember when I said I'd always be there.
Ever since we were ten, baby.
When we were out on the playground playing pretend.
Didn't know it back then.

Now I realize you were the only one
It's never too late to show it.
Grow old together,
Have feelings we had before
Back when we were so innocent

I pray for all your love
Girl our love is so unreal
I just wanna reach and touch you, squeeze you, somebody pinch me
This is something like a movie
And I dont know how it ends girl
But I fell in love with my Best Friend

Through all the dudes that came by
And all the nights that you'd cry.
Girl I was there right by your side.
How could I tell you I loved you
When you were so happy
With some other guy?

Now I realize you were the only one
It's never too late to show it.
Grow old together,
Have feelings we had before
When we were so innocent.

I know it sounds crazy
That you'd be my baby.
Girl you mean that much to me.

And nothing compares when
We're lighter than air and
We don't wanna come back down.

And I don't wanna ruin what we have
Love is so unpredictable.

But it's the risk that I'm taking, hoping, praying
You'd fall in love with your best friend

 

I think the earth’s gravity is pulling me down, my head aches and I feel cold. Ugh, why do I need to get sick this fast especially now that Krystal’s here, I can’t even get up to prepare her food or even help her in cooking. I hate myself. I rolled from side to side of my bed, finding a spot that will temporarily ease the pain in my head.

It’s still raining cats and dogs outside, when we both arrived home we were soaking wet. I was actually feeling bad since morning but now it’s even worse. I can hear her cooking in the kitchen but I can’t stand nor walk. I stared at the door, waiting for it to open and see Krystal. I miss her, I really do and I want her beside me, that way I will feel better.

“Am? You still awake?” I heard her speak as she opened the door, she was holding a tray with a bowl and juice on it. She placed it on the side table and sat beside me.

“Yeah…My head hurts.” I groaned and moved closer to her, she brushed my hair softly and cupped her hands on my cheeks.

“You need to eat am, eat first and then you can sleep. I’ll stay with you” she met my eyes and caressed my face.

Her voice…it’s beautiful…it brings me energy and her eyes, the way she looks at me. I’m falling for her… I know it. I reached for her hand on my face and brought it to my chest, I want her to feel how my heart beats for her, I want her to know what I feel.

Our eyes were locked at each other for a couple of minutes more until she looked away and turned her attention to the bowl on the side.

“I…um..you need to eat, I-I cooked you a beef soup.” She reached for it that made me release her hand. She helped me sit and took a spoonful, she blew it gently before feeding me. I looked at her, not minding the spoon that was waiting infront of my mouth.

“Come on now, Am” She smiled and asked me to open my mouth.

As an obedient servant I took it and smiled back, it’s delicious. Krystal is a good cook and patisserie, she often barge into my house just to give me lunch or brownies, we grew up like this that maybe made me feel contented in my life just with her.

I finished the whole bowl with her patiently feeding me, I wish this will last longer. She smiled at me and cleaned up the things before going back to the kitchen.

“I’ll be back Am, You may take a sleep now.” She said before she closed the door.

I gave out a sigh and slid down to my bed, I tucked under the bed sheets to warm myself up. I can still smell Krystal’s scent. Now I sounded like a ert.

I was thinking about her when I heard a crash outside, I surprisingly stood and rushed towards where she is and saw sitting and water splattered on the floor.

“What happened Krys?” I worriedly knelt near her and looked at her face.

“I just tripped hehe” I narrowed my eyes and saw her holding her feet.

“Does it hurt?” I pointed at her ankle and she nodded.

“I…I’m sorry” she whispered.

“Sorry for what? You’re hurt Krys.” I took a rag and slowly wiped of the water on the floor. My head starts to ache again, for a second I did not feel it because I was more worried about her.

“You should stay in bed, you’re sick” I can see the disappointment in her eyes.

“I’m strong remember” I winked at her and placed the rag on the counter.

“Can you stand?” she tried but fell back, I hate seeing Krystal like this. It’s all my fault.

I carried her bridal style though I felt like I was about to pass out, I gathered my last energy left to bring her to bed, I must not mess this up.

I laid her to be while I went to my first aid kit and took the glass of oil to massage her ankle, I remember I’ve done this to her for the third time.

5 years ago

“Amber!” I heard her scream while we were playing at the playground. I went to her direction and saw her whining while holding her ankle.

“What happened?” I asked her worriedly as tears started to fall from her eyes.

“I fell from that.” She was still crying while pointing at the swing.

“Did you try to jump?” She nodded.

“Don’t do it next time okay?” I removed her hands from her feet and carried her on my back.

“I’m sorry Amber” She whispered at my ear.

“Don’t be, I’m always here for you Krys. I’ll never leave you” I felt her tightened her arm around my neck and buried her face on my shoulders.

 

“You okay now?” I looked at Krystal who was staring at me after I returned the oil to its place.

“Y-Yeah”

“Yey” I let myself fall on the bed beside her, the softness of the mattress felt like heaven plus there’s an angel beside me.

“Amber?”

“Hm?”

“Thank you”

“For what?”

“For being there for me always”

“I promised you, I am your servant and you’re my Princess so there’s nothing to be thanked for.”

She snuggled beside me and wrapped her arms on my waist, I slid my left arm for her to use as her pillow and moved her closer to me.

 

Krystal, we grew up together. You helping me while I saving you, ever since then I promised myself to take care of you even if I need to push myself to my limits. I… think I’m falling for you but I don’t know if you feel the same way to me. I know you have a huge crush on Donghae, is it still the same? Do you still want to be his wife like what you always say to me years ago? Do you still want to have 12 kids with him?

Of course I couldn’t give you that, I’m a girl and I can never make you pregnant, I cannot give the kids you dream of. But I can love you more than my life and my soul, I can give up everything for you even my own happiness just to see you happy. That’s why I can’t confess my love for you, being your friend is enough for me, I just want to make sure you’re safe…I want to see you happy.

 Is there a time that you felt the same way towards me? Do you have butterflies in your stomach when I’m around or whenever I’m touching you? I always see you blush when Donghae’s around but what about me?

Ugh, Amber what the hell are you thinking? You’re talking to yourself as if someone’s listening.

 

3 years ago

“Did you see him Am? He’s really handsome right? Plus he’s smart. If I’m going to marry someone I only want it to be him but if it’s not, atleast someone closer to him.” Krystal said to me when we met Donghae halfway.

Donghae’s my best friend, the one I look up to. He’s older than me by 3 years and he’s really an incredible person, Smart, gentleman and handsome. That’s one of the hundred reasons why girls like him.

“You really like Dong-hyung huh?” I when I saw her blushing like hell.

“Who wouldn’t Am? He’s perfect.” I went silent after that, I don’t know why , something stings within me that I cannot explain. It’s hard…it’s painful.

“Hey Am?” she snapped her fingers infront of me that made me go back to my senses.

“Y-Yeah! It’s Dong-hyung alright” I forced a smile which she returned.

 

I scratched my head and placed my palm on my face, I can feel that tears are starting to form in my eyes. I can’t help it, it doesn’t stop from flowing.

“Amber? Are you crying?” I froze when I heard her voice checking on me.

“Huh? Uh- no” I instantly wiped my tears away, stupid me I let it drop on her head that awakened her.

“Is there any problem? Tell me Am” Stop that SooJung, it’s harder for me to suppress this stupid feeling if you continue.

“Haha…My head hurts…Y-yeah that’s why.”

She suddenly got up and sat and started massaging my head on the sides. I closed my eyes to avoid looking at her. I slowly opened my eyes when I thought she’s done but I froze when our eyes locked. Crap Amber! What will you do now?

“Thanks Krys, I feel a lot better.” I smiled awkwardly.

“Y-Yeah no Problem Am” she answered and went lying beside me.

Oh life, Why are you doing this to me? 

NEXT on Our Song: 

"I want you to be happy Krystal, even it means that I need to sacrifice my own happiness for you" 

"I know Amber and I appreciate that" 

"Please give me this chance, I want to prove to you how much I love you"

"A-Amber" Tears flowed from my eyes..why? why does it need to be like this?

 

A/N: What do you think will happen next? Does Krystal still like Donghae? or is she falling in love with Amber? 

that's it for the third chapter! I really hope you like it. :( I trained myself to improve my writing so please comment about what you think about the chapter. :) and also! please subscribe hehehe 

Thank you so much to those who subscribed and commented :)) I really appreciate it so much