Tears and Realizations

Our Song

“For sure you’re hell aware of what was happening between the two don’t you?” Luna and Amber were the ones left alone for lunch when Jessica went with Krystal for her rehearsal, she even volunteered to watch and support her even if her inner self says otherwise.

“I do” for hours now, Amber has been wishing that no hell will break loose between her ex and her girlfriend. Sure Krystal is sweet but being a fierce lioness was one of her secrets. So as Jessica, she have experienced a bit of it first hand and she swore to God she wouldn’t see it on another level.

“And what do you plan to do with it?”

“They seem to be in control, I just can’t choose one over the other because one, Krystal is my childhood friend as well as my ex and two Jessica is my girlfriend.”

“But you need to know that one day, one of them would be asking you to choose.”

“I know”

“Then who would it be then?”

“I prefer to remain that answer, unanswered.” Luna cocked her head to the side and placed her hands on the table, a serious look was evident on her face.”

“To tell you honestly, I find it stupid for you to be in a relationship with Jessica when you just knew each for two months” Amber stopped spooning her food to and stared at Luna, she knew she has a point but time doesn’t really matter. What’s important is the feelings you had for each other.

“I like her, that’s enough”

“You’re not even sure if you like her more than you loved Krystal”

“That’s not important either”

“Come on Ber you really need to – “

“Cut it off LunLun” Her simple stare slowly turned to a fierce, powerful glare, she usually don’t do it to anyone before but with Luna questioning her intentions with Jessica pissed her off. Yeah, they might be in a relationship in a seemingly fast way but it doesn’t mean that she didn’t like Jessica, she liked her not as much as she liked Krystal before yeah, but still she liked her and goodness, she’s already her girlfriend.

She felt the hair on her neck stood when a pairs of arms snake from behind and Jessica gave her a quick peck on the lips.

“How’s my llama?” Luna quirked a brow while giving space for Krystal to sit, somehow their eyes managed to talk, telling each other why an excessive display of affection is needed.

“You got back quite too fast” when Amber finally knew that it was Jessica who hugged her, she was surprised that she was disappointed and for a moment there she thought it was Krystal, it was her who crossed her mind and she felt guilty for it.

“I missed you and I can’t even stay away from you just for a minute”

“How sweet” From the other side, Luna couhed, causing the pair to step back and look at her.

“So much for the missing thing and maybe we could eat now?”

Jessica took her seat beside Amber, facing Krystal whom she looked with full of teasing and triumph. Krystal returned the look with a glare, which Amber recognized. Deep within her she knew she missed Krystal , for months being together she never felt a single moment with dullness and during this times they were used to bickering each other that they almost found endearing.

“So Krys, how’s the practice? Luna broke the awkward silence with her quite not – so – wise question.

“It’s good. I just sang a song and introduced Jess to everyone, they liked her and she’s in to auditions next week” For someone who was trying really hard to control her temper, Krystal did a good job into pretending she liked it enough. She knew she’s done with this pretending thing and just wished that this day would end so she could think everything over. She’s been hurt enough and hoped to get away with this as soon as possible.

 

“I think I should go back to California next semester Luna” Krystal and Luna dropped by a coffee shop right after classes, Jessica invited them for dinner but she was well aware of what she intends to do and she will never fall for it. She hated to compete with anyone and it was Amber who taught her too, she always reminded her of being herself, that she doesn’t need to compete with other people because she’s better her way and if people don’t realize that, it’s their loss not hers.

“Wh – Why?” her fork stopped midway and her jaws went agape.

“I’m getting tired of this, you knew how I love Amber since we’re young and how it hurts that she didn’t even tried to let me explain or confirm everything from me. All she did was to weep then ran and when she came back she’s already with someone like nothing happened with us.”

“What she did was wrong yes but somehow I can understand her, she’s new to this relationship and stuff.”

“I followed her Luna, all the way to Busan. I sacrificed my monthly allowance just to see her. Hell if it weren’t for Ailee and the guys there I would starve to death. All I want is for her to hear from me” Krystal realized that tears were already falling from her eyes, her heart clenched and it was so painful that she didn’t care breaking down into tears even in front of many people who by now was looking at her with pity.

“Ssh now Krys, here take a drink”

 Luna felt really bad for both her bestfriends and seeing one breaking into tears hurted her even more. She was the first witness to Amber and Krystal’s friendship turned into love and honestly she felt like a precious gem was wasted with their break up.

She helped Krystal up, deciding that they could continue their talk at her dorm when they saw Amber outside, what a surprise Jessica wasn’t there but she saw the surprised reaction on Amber’s face when she saw Krystal in that state.

“K – Krys, Wh – what happened?” She stood there looking at Luna then to Krystal then back to the former, Luna just shook her head, eyes telling her that it’s not a good time but Amber didn’t bulge and approached Krystal more.

“I’m fine. Don’t pretend you’re concern. “Krystal tried to stand straight but she really felt weak and weightless that she almost fell down. Instinctively, Amber caught her in her arms and the tears just flow more. Gripping Amber’s sleeves she cried her heart out, letting her emotions take over her ‘maybe this was all I need, to cry out everything’

Seeing this, Amber wrapped her arms around her tighter, it suddenly hit her that she couldn’t stand seeing her friend and ex like this and that she still loves her.

“What happened?” Amber whispered, loud enough for Krystal to hear but she said none. When she thought she’s better, she broke off the hug and wiped her tears with the back of her hand.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to breakdown like that but I’m fine thank you.” She walked past her, struggling to make her legs not to wobble, good thing Luna immediately came closer and helped her.

“Krys - ”

“I said I’m okay, I’m fine, anyhow you wouldn’t even listen to me anyway.”