Soju

Our Song

“You think I messed up?”

Dim lights, couples dancing on the center stage, drunk men and women and bartenders doing exhibitions… Amber sat on the corner table, silently finishing her 5th bottle of Soju on one of the bars in Seoul. She’s been terribly depressed about what happened with her and Krystal that she engrossed herself in bottles of Soju which made her quite tipsy.

Earlier, after she met Krystal, she decided not to go home and think. Walking around the park while assessing her feeling, she realized she never moved on, she seemed to use Jessica and it was clear that everything that happened between them was one – sided.

Jessica on the other hand, went worried when Amber didn’t come home on time, after the classes ended she told her she’ll be off to buy groceries and come home with a surprise. She didn’t need any surprises now, she needed Amber.

Another hour passed and still she never heard of her, it’s now 10:00 in the evening and she decided to call whom she knows Amber’s closest friend, Kris. His husky voice, probably from sleep, echoed on the other line, though he seems to be irritated she ought to give it a try.

“H – hi, this is Jessica Jung, Amber’s girlfriend… um – I wanted to know if you know any places Amber might be in now? She’s still not home”

“Amber? Missing?” His senses might have come back upon knowing what happened.

“Yes, so if you know where she might be, may you – “

“I’ll call you back when I find her, I’ll go out to look for her” She was cut off and he hung up the phone immediately. She raised her brows and was pissed off but what he did was better.

Kris changed to a plain black shirt and shorts and went driving around Seoul, especially the places where he knew Amber would go. He was thinking what might happen during the day, but he knew something is definitely wrong. Amber wouldn’t let someone worry her without reason, she never did it to Krystal… Krystal? He saw the tension between the three earlier, he even decided to back off because he doesn’t want to experience hell with two Ice princesses… what if, What if she knows where Amber is?

“Krystal”

“Krys, it’s me Kris”

“Oh, Kris what’s up at this hour?”

“I was just wondering if by any chance you see Amber? She’s missing since dismissal”

“Amber? I saw her this afternoon but Luna and I left her”

“You haven’t seen her since? You know, probably lurking around somewhere”

“Like follow me? No. She’ll never do that, she doesn’t care.”

“You’re wrong. She does care and she’s seriously trying hard not to show it, I know Amber and her eyes tell me everything. And I think the reason why she’s missing is you”

The line went dead silent for a while until…

“Let’s meet at the coffee shop near the school, I’ll help you”

“Sure”

Krystal wore only simple shirt and jeans when they met, she rushed everything to just find Amber. She might not want it but her body moved by itself, her hands were even trembling when she was finding something to wear, she almost even tripped while going downstairs and she was almost hit by a car while she was crossing the streets.

“Let’s go. I think I have an idea where she is” Kris opened the passenger’s seat for her and revved the car, driving it on full speed until they parked at a bar.

“She usually go here when she’s upset, mainly when you cheated on her”

“I didn’t cheat on her”

“What about Donghae?”

“We’re not a couple, I was going to bring Amber food when we bumped into each other and then he saw Dara, her Ex and out of reflexes he kissed me. He planned to tell everything to her but she was informed of some misunderstandings”

Kris blinked his eyes not once, not twice or thrice but multiple times. Damn, he’s guilty.

“I’m guilty”

“Yeah you may be”

“I’m sorry Krys, I didn’t mean to ruin everything between you two… I was just – “

“It’s okay Kris. I understand what her friendship mean to you”

“I’ll try to fix things up”

“No need. She’s with Jessica now, she proved things too… she didn’t trust me, she didn’t listen to me and she easily replaced me… I’m just here as a friend, nothing else”

She rushed to the door, bumping other people but she didn’t mind, her eyes sharp as she find the familiar hair and aura of her past lover… but to no avail. Until she saw Kris’ tall figure looking down at someone which was the drunk Amber.

_

“Hey Kris, what’s up?”

Krystal stood few inches behind them, still making sure she can hear their conversation. She saw the scattered bottles on the tables, the napkins with some writings on it. Amber’s hair was tousled, her polo has stains of spilled Soju and she has a cut on her lip… where the hell did she have that cut?

“Let’s go, you’re drunk”

Kris tried to tug Amber up but she swatted it with force and fell back on the couch, grabbing a bottle and drinking it straight.

“Amber stop, you’re being unreasonable”

“I am, Kris… I am”

“Then don’t make everything worse… come on now”

“Everything’s worse Kris…” For the first time, Krystal saw tears flowing from Amber’s eyes as she clutched her chest, she was incomprehensible due to her sobs but still makes sense. Krystal’s heart hurt seeing her in that state, she was vulnerable and hurt, and she was not the same strong Amber who protected her from the bullies even if she can’t.

“Krystal cheated on me, I was cheated by someone I can die for, someone I loved with my everything…” Amber thumped her chest continuously and her cries went deeper, she didn’t make Kris speak but he insisted and grab both her hands to make her listen to him.

“She did not cheated on you, you can hate me for this but it was only me who thought they’re dating, Krystal met Donghae while she was on her way to your apartment, Donghae saw Dara from a distance and he just kissed her without thinking, I was wrong with my thoughts. It was my fault, I told you without even confirming things up”

Amber sat there wide – eyed and more tears flow from her eyes, Krystal wanted to approach her and hug her just to save themselves from hurting but she was stood frozen with her next words.

“Everything’s useless now Kris, I messed up when I thought I love Jessica, we were both broken and I thought she would be the one who will help each other to mend the scars but I was wrong. I can’t stand to see her crying, I can’t… I just can’t love anybody else except her. I ed up Kris, I ed up!”

Amber stood and dashed out from the bar, going straight to the back portion and cried out loud, punching the walls until her knuckles bled. Kris and Krystal followed and they both tried to stop her, it was hard at first but they succeeded when she seemed to finally lose her strength.

“I love her, I love Krystal too damn much”  

Krystal pushed aside all her doubts and pulled Amber into her arms, she too, cried. She can feel Amber’s sincerity, she knew what she said was true and she knew how broken they were both.

When she pulled apart, Amber’s eyes were on her, staring deep into her eyes.

“You looked a lot like Krystal, Are you her twin or something?”

“Amber, I’m – “

“Please tell her I love her, I don’t know what to do… but I love her, I love her so much that it hurts” And she fainted. 

 

A/N My heart ached, I'm sorry for the readers who felt the same way.

Oh by the way, This is nearing to it's end... what do you guys think the ending is?

Peace :)

M19:26