Learning about Jessica

Our Song

KRYSTAL’S POV

When I stepped my foot at Busan all that was running on my mind is how to find Amber in this place, all I know is that she’s working at Taeny’s café and that’s it. Where the hell is that place anyway? I grabbed a cab and asked him to take me to the shop as soon as possible. I need to fix everything between me and Amber.

I looked outside the windows hoping that she’ll pass by but the car came to a halt but still no sign of Amber was there. I gave my payment to the driver, took my bags and entered the shop with cold hands.

“Welcome to Taeny café” one tall man greeted me with a smile.

“Uh – hey…uhm, Is Amber here?” I don’t want to make this misunderstanding longer.

“Oh, Amber took a leave with Jessica for two days. Are you in any way related to her?”

“Y – Yeah, I am her g – girlfriend” I don’t know if I should still consider myself as her girlfriend. but my guts tells me so so I blurted it out.

I noticed the surprised look on his face with what I’ve said. He furrowed his brows and seemed to dig up memories in his mind.

“Ah! You’re Krystal right?” he snapped his fingers and pointed at me with wide eyes.

“Yes…Where is Amber?”

“She went to Incheon with Jessica, she’ll be back after two days. Coffee?” He offered me a cup and since Amber is not here I sighed and took the seat near the counter.

“How is Amber?” I asked him while taking a sip, definitely this coffee shop is best at serving coffees.

“I actually got confused but…What I know is that she’s single and you’re already her ex – girlfriend”

“Y – you got that right”

“Mind talking about it? Amber was always talking about you during her first week here.”

“Her bestfriend kissed me because he wants to get back to her ex but someone saw us and mistook us as a couple. I wasn’t been able to explain everything to her, that’s why I’m here”

“Oh crap” he mumbled.

“Who’s Jessica by the way?”

“oh – Jessica is…how would I say this? Uhm…Jessica is Amber’s partner and by now her closest friend aside from me” He was avoiding my eyes while explaining to me everything. I don’t know who Jessica is but I know there is something going on here.

“Hey Minho! Get your act together. The lovebirds are not here so better be quick! You know that they are the only ones who could gather many customers so - ” so his name is minho, he quickly covered the mouth of the blonde girl who walked out of a room.

“What’s with the actions Minho?” She shoved his hands from her and placed her hands on her waist while Minho pointed me with his eyes, the blonde figured it out and she approached me with a smile.

“Hello, I’m Ailee. I’m the manager here. It’s nice meeting you miss - ?” she reached her hand for a shake and I gladly accepted it.

“I’m Krystal Jung”   

“Are you related to Jessica Jung?”

“No, I’m not”

“I see, so who are you visiting here?”

“Amber Liu” she shared the same reaction Minho gave earlier.

“Oh, you’re her?”

“I’m her ex – girlfriend. I’m here to explain things to her and patch up”

“Ahh… Amber is in Incheon for two days, she’s with Jessica…”

“Is she…Amber’s girlfriend?”

“No, they’re just partners and the pair who could take a number of customers here.”

I nodded at her and returned my attention to my coffee, I don’t know why I felt nervous knowing about Jessica and that Amber is with her but It gave me the urge to talk to her immediately. I won’t let Amber leave me once again.