DECISION

CARPE DIEM: MOMENTS SHARED WITH YOU

A.N: Ayo! Yuri's POV again this time! Hope you enjoy everyone! 

 

"You don't get to choose, you just fall in love, and you get this person who is all wrong and all right at the same time. And you know you love them so much but sometimes they just drive you completely insane and no one can explain it and the reason is so confusing because it is love. But if love didn't have challenges, what would be the point?"

-Unknown

 

An unanswered phonecall. A forgotten name. Unwashed dishes by the sink. A choice to not attend the party. A thought of buying a gift. To get drunk or to stay sober. To buy or not. To live or die. To stay or let go. Mostly, decisions, whether a big or small part of our lives, changes snippets of time. It changes our present, how we chose to look at things, how we chose to act. And when everything is finished, that's when we know when we did the right thing or not.

 

And as I hold this box against my chest, I felt the strange surge of doubt within me.

 

 

 

On whether what I am about to do is right or wrong.

 

 

 

 

On  what should I follow.

 

 

Because my brain tells me it's her, but my heart shouts your name. Yearns for you.

 

-

I remember meeting Hyoyeon in the pub a few days ago. The place empty on a quiet Sunday morning. I remember talking to her about my problems. Of her questiong my uality. My preference. And I said it. 

 

"I am not straight."

 

To which she happily replied, "Welcome to the group, bro."

 

I didn't know why I'd choose to reveal a closely guarded secret of mine that took years to discover, and more years to admit. To myself. To my parents. Yes, I was a closeted lesbian for quite a long while. Much of that brought emotional trauma. Remembering the confession to my parents a few years back, I remember my father hugging me tight, his arms rubbing soothing circles in my back in such a soothing way that I was too relieved. I felt accepted even if what I did, I knew, was not to acceptable. And from there, I knew what family means.

 

But my mother. She was different. She knew better of the consequences I'd have to face with that fact. And she didn't like it. Not one bit. I was put on plenty of blind dates, too many, in fact, to count with my fingers. Businessmen, both young and old, heirs to the companies, teachers, doctors, street vendors, even  the son of Mr. Kim, the man at the ice cream parlor. Anybody. Just so she could send me off to marry. Just so she won't be humliated as a failure of a mother. Just so they won't ridicule her. Just so we won't be the topics of conversations. And I understood. Because we are family...right? But if that was the case, then, did she think of me as family too? Why didn't she understand me? I was quite sure of the answer without her rubbing it on my face.

 

So I decided to leave the house. Crashed over to my friend's for a while, and when I got the scoop, thanks to the love of my life, Tiffany Hwang, I bought my own apartment. I never had contacts with my parents from then on. And here I am wondering, if Fany hadn't seen me back then, would I have gotten the job? Probably no. And what inspired me most was, that she didn't know me. Yet she saw my talent. That made my heart skip beats for countless weeks. That is why I vowed to work for her. As her photographer. Only for her. A warm person filled with aegyo and eye-smiles.

 

But then she came along.

 

Loud. Bossy. Insulting. Cold. I remember spilling her coffee in the pavement, her eyes dark and piercing as she called for me. There my heart stopped beating. I remember her pulling me, causing quite a ruckus on the entrance. I remember seeing her the next day at work. I remember teasing her, just so she'd talk to me. Just so I could get a reaction out of her emotionless face. Like a blank canvas. I remember fighting with her because of Taeyeon. I remember the churning of my stomach seeing them together, then and now. I remember seeing her at her weakest. I remember seeing her cry. I remember seeing her embarrassed. I remember seeing her smile. I remember how her body felt against mine. I remember how our lips touched. This person. Cold yet warm Strong but broken. Strict but soft. She seems to have split personalities. She always made me feel confused. Made my heartbeats halt oh-so-suddenly that it hurts quite a bit.

 

She was the opposite of her.

 

 

And I loved them both.

 

-

I remember asking for Hyoyeon's advice. I remember asking her for an appropriate present. But then she asked me, "Who's it for? It depends on the person, Yuri-ah." I was silent; unable to respond. She looked at me, a bitter smile etched on her face.

"I-I don't know... who."

To which she suggested, "How 'bout I take you around three best shops in Hongdae?" Placing a finger on her chin, she kept on humming as she tapped her foot against the tiles.

"Aha!" She said, her face showing excitement as she popped and locked impulsively. "Let's go to a perfume store, a shop for bags, and then jewelry!" She went on top of the counter and danced to Michael Jackson's song on the radio, her hip ing at every direction, while she covered her face with her hand. I always figured that she dances when excited.

 

It's times like this that makes me happy. No thoughts, great company.

-

"Yuri-ah, I hear her say. What do you think of this bag?" She asked me, a playful glint in her eyes as she showed me a pink Prada. 

"It's- It's fine. But too pink. Too pink for my liking." I scrunched my nose up before looking at the camping gears, my back completely turned to her. She clung to my back and turned me back around to face her.

"You dimwit! I don't care about your taste, cause it's not for you. But just think about it." She said once more as she leaned closer.

"What do you think- wait let me catch that- who did you think of, seeing this bag?"

Pink. She loves pink. From her cellphone cases, shoes, bags, clothes, pens. Everything. Pink. I've seen her countless times whine to me over fighting with Yoona over who gets to eat the last pink macaroon. Or who gets to have the strawberry-flavored lolly. Her antics had always been cute. And I never get tired of it. Just because. I find all her imperfections perfect. Because I like how she sees things in a different light than the rest of us.

 

Thud. Thud. Thud.

"Yuwree-ah?" A voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked around, trying to find the familiar sounding accent. A hard slap on my back broke my train of thoughts. It was follwed by Hyoyeon bellowing out her lungs, laughing as she kept on hitting her thigh.

"Seriously, 'Yuwree-ah', did you fall for that trick?"

I groaned. "Hyo! Don't tease me like that! I thought for sure it was her..." I said as I gave her a weak push. "Wait... how do....you know who I was thinking about?" I asked her, my eyebrows creasing just at the slightest.

"You were thinking about her? I didn't know. I didn't even know who's who. I didn't know she was even American. You only told me you have taken a liking to two hot ladies, remember, Corn Yul?" 

"Yeah. Silly me." I said knocking on my head with my fist.

"Yep. Silly you." She said as she grabbed me in a headlock. "Alright, next stop, here we go!"

-

 I remember walking to the perfume boutique, its scent filling my senses. Eau de Parfum, Eau de cologne, it's got everything all neatly lined up on the wooden shelves. I remember running my fingers through the bottles, and somehow, I knew that I unconsciously wanted to find something to remind me of Tiffany. Something to tell me that I still love her. Something to remind me that I am supposed to court her. Because now I had a chance. I remember Hyoyeon walking up to me showing me the different bottles of fruit fragrances, the scent too strong for my liking. I remember walking over to the floral section. I remember seeing a familiar perfume bottle. I rememeber you, Jessica.

Floral scents. I never knew she loved them. All I know, is that she keeps a familiar looking bottle at her table nearby. Once in a while, I catch her dabbing it onto her wrists. I never knew she was feminine. I never knew I was a peeping tom. Then again, I was many things I didn't realize for myself until she showed me. For her, I became a prankster, a tease, a villain, a hero. She taught me a lot without even doing anything at all. And somehow, I can't help but like floral. It reminds me of her. Bitter-sweet.

Placing the bottle back to the shelf, I went out with Hyoyeon trailing behind me. I swear I could still smell that familiar scent as the doors of the shop closed behind me.

-

I remember going to the last shop, an array of jewelry placed before me. Rings, necklaces, hairpins, bracelets were arranged neatly. I began scanning over to the necklaces, each with different intricate designs. But I had to find the perfect one. The most beautiful. An emerald pendant. An amethyst necklace. I kept browsing but I hadn't thought of anything. Not even anyone to relate it to. Glancing over to the side, I saw a diamond necklace. The prettiest one among them. And there I started thinking. The woman across me started talking." Do you fancy that diamond necklace?" She asks. "Diamonds are a universal symbol of love. Just perfect for a gift." She nodded while talking. I held the necklace in my hand. "Oh, and miss?" She said as if attempting to say something else. "This gem means clarity. You'll know who to give it to, soon."

 

"How did you-"

 

"CL-unnie told me." She said with a smile.

 

 

"She also told me that she thinks that you dig chicks. And that you'd surely be the man in the relationship." She sneered as she whispered the last few words making me blush and for the clueless Hyoyeon, I bet she'd think the woman said something dirty to me.

 

 

"I'll take it then." I said as I gave her my credit card. With a swipe, she sent me off.

 

 

"Send my regards to her, youngin- I mean miss!"

 

 

"Alright, see ya."

 

 

With Hyoyeon trailing behind me, I began thinking of who I'd want to give it to.

 

 

My mind says it's her, but my heart shout it's you.

 

 

And so I decided on what to follow. And hoped I won't regret.

 

 

 

Placing the box back in my pocket, I knew. That I should give it to you,-

 

 

"Yuri, come down from your room! We've got pizza!" Hyoyeon shouted from Yuri's apartment.

 

With a sigh, Yuri closed her journal, stretched her limbs and with one final look,went out of the room

-

Hotel Room 143

A person with golden locks, about the age of twenty sat on the bed of the hotel room feeling the soft matress underneath. Reaching into a side pocket, the teenager dug out a picture of two ladies, one of them having a familiar shade of auburn-hair. 

 

Kissing the photograph, the teen rolled into back into bed.

 

"Jessica-noona. I miss her so much. I'll have to meet her tomorrow now that I'm in Seoul. And I should bring her favorite flowers. What was it?" The teen yawned before clutching a pillow and hugging it.

 

"Right. Roses. Beautiful roses for a beautiful person."

 

 

 A.N: How was this chapter? Next chapter would show the new character btw. Stay tuned! And yeah, don't stress yourselves out everyone:)

-shizu