SPRING: 2

CARPE DIEM: MOMENTS SHARED WITH YOU

A.N: Well, here it is guys, Thanks to those who viewed my blog and helped me reach 400:) you're the best! Now, here's the update. I hope you enjoy♡♡♡

'I think best in a hot bath, with my head tilted back and my feet up high.'

-Elizabeth Jane Howard, Mr. Wrong

Yuri sat on the hard, wooden floor, a pout evident on , her chin resting on her hand as she continued to tap her fingers on the antique floorboard. She was bored, and the person in front of her who wouldn't talk since ages ago didn't help. At all. Yuri didn't know why Jessica kept giving her the cold shoulder, but then again, she had always been. Silence filled the hotel room, except for the tapping of wood, the tapping of keys, and probably the sound of cars and nightlife. Sweet. 

'Isn't she ever gonna talk to ME?' Came her thoughts, her tapping growing all the more impatient.

"Stop. You're annoying me." Jessica said, cutting her out of her reverie. The same piercing look wouldn't leave her cold eyes.

"Yes ma'am." Yuri said sarcasticaly. ' I did say talk, but can't she be a little nicer?' Yuri blew on her side fringes and with a huff, stood up and walked around the hotel room. Tip-toeing around the auburn-haired lady, she crept out of Jessica's line of sight.

-

Life was always all about decisions never made. Of chances that we didn't take. It's a play. An act. But we never had a choice. Whose character to play, what we want to portray, everything is limited. We receive. And we play the part. We can be happy at times, sad at moments. Paranoid. Hysteric. Delusional. Narcissistic. These masks, we create for ourselves. But at times, there are these masks we hold on to forever. Regret. Pain. Memories. And we never take them off, no matter how badly we want to. Call me masochistic, you say. Call me whatever. These feelings are mine; I choose to hold on, I choose to let go. In, the end, as I am writing this, I've learned that life isn't about unprepared decisions. It's about completing whatever you started. No matter what kind of mess it may  be-

Warm breathing on Jessica's nape made her stop in her tracks. Gulping, she quickly ly to be face to face with Kwon Yuri.

',' she mentally cursed. 'Did she just read what I've typed  THE WHOLE FRACKING TIME?!'

A loopsided grin met with her piercing glare.

"You actually write well. Go on, continue. What happens next?" Yuri leaned further forward, trapping Jessica in between her and the desk.

"Stop, Yuri! You're suffocating me!" Jessica said as she used her elbows, trying to ward Yuri off of her. 

"What? I'm giving you a compliment here, you emo!" 

"Say what?" Jessica asked, standing up and pushing Yuri off, making Yuri land on her buttocks.

"Ouch. That really hurt you Sadistic. Emo!" Yuri teased, standing up and running out of the room, with Jessica following behind.

"Take that back, you freak!" The tired ice princess could start to feel herself melting with all the running she did.

"Emo, Emo, Emo. Emo, Emo, Emo~" Yuri started singing, bobbing her head as she ran from the angry woman behind her.

Jessica stopped running ; feeling her heart beat so fast and her sweat trickling down her forehead, she felt tired. Hella Tired. Her breath felt heavy, as her face was flushed red. She sat down, knees tucked to her chest, massaged her temples, and took deep breaths to calm herself down. She never ran like this before. And it made her feel slightly irritated, how she ran for this monkey of a person.

"Hey, you alright?" Yuri said,  slightly inching her way towards Jessica. Yuri knelt down, to take a closer look at Jessica. Giving her a slight tap to her shoulder, Yuri continued, "Look, I'm so-urgh." Jessica cut her off with a jab to her stomach. Hard.

"You monkey! Don't ya dare mess with me again, freak!" Jessica said running away from the tanned woman chasing after her.

"Hey, wait up-" Yuri squeaked, still clutching at her stomach only to be met with the door of the bathroom shutting at her face.

"Are you still following me until here? Maniac!" Came the response from the other end as the sound of the shower was . Yuri huffed and went back to sitting on the floor just across the bathroom, tapping on the floorboard.

-

Jessica went into the bathtub, feeling all her muscles relax at the contact of warm water and the smell of lavender. Taking in a deep breath, she had been occupied by her thoughts, from her soon to be visit at hongdae's club, to her partner, Yuri. Soaking into the tub further, she thought about how it would be like to be in a nightclub. Being raised in a strict family, she hadn't tried nor even dared to drink. 'Why do I feel like something bad will happen? Then again, You're pessimistic like that. Nice going, emo.' Jessica gave herself a facepalm- some of the soap suds lathered onto her face in the process- at slightly admitting that she was indeed what Yuri told her to be. Standing up from the tub, she began to prepare to go out, but was stopped in her tracks.

'Crap, Crap, Crap!' Why did I forget the towel out of ALL TIMES?!' Jessica cursed as she paced back and forth across the room.

'Allright, Jessica Jung, this is the time to test your skills. You were first place in running before, remember? Okay, your first place... starting from the bottom rank that is...But who cares anyway? Now, it's just a small dash to your room, that's it. Nobody would see you . It will be quick. Fighting!' Jessica nodded while biting her nails and proceeded to open the door swiftly.

BAM!

-

Yuri was tired waiting for her turn. She never got why 'girls' always takes so long in a bath. Fighting back a yawn, she leaned her head on the wall and was about to doze off-

BAM!

The door opened sudenly surprising Yuri in the process. 

A Jessica.

"Arghghghg!" "Arghghghg!" Both shouted, obviously surprised at what had happened; Yuri quickly covering her eyes, and Jessica covering her body.

"Freak! What are y-yyyou doing there?" Jessica shouted as she shut the door, heat creeping up to her cheeks at what just happened.

"H-hhey I-iim s-ssory. B-bbut I-ii, Urgh!" Yuri screamed, annoyed that she couldn't make even a sentence sound decent.

"I-ii'l go-"

"Wait." Jessica said from the other side of the room, she couldn't believe she would have to stoop down again.

"Huh?" Yuri merely responded, her brain in a state of shock. 'I did not see anything. I did not see anything. I did not- you hormones, I swear I'll-'

"Could you get my towel in the room... please?" Jessica stuttered, her face now bright red. She'd have to be thankful that she could use the steam from the bath as an excuse for that.

"A-aallright."Yuri ran away into the room, grabbed the towel and inched closer to the bathroom.

"Hey, I-ii'l just leave this here-"

The door inched open, revealing a hand which deftly snatching the piece of cloth.

"Now, go away." Jessica started her head already feeling dizzy from all that happened. 

"Okay..." Yuri trailed off but was met with silence on the other end. With a shrug of her shoulders, Yuri went back to the bedroom.

 

The sound of footsteps getting further and further away made Jessica snap back to her senses.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taking in a deep breath and clutching at her chest, she finally breathed out the words she had always wanted to say.

 

 

 

 

 

 

'Thanks, Yuri.'

-

Bed time was one of the hardest parts of the adjustment for the two staying their night together. Jessica, tired from all the work, laid herself down on the bed and snuggled under the covers, her legs spread wide occupying all the space available.

""Hey aren't you going to share?" Yuri poked Jessica, trying to keep her from sleeping.

"Urrgh.. too tired... you... couch..." Jessica managed to utter, all the while grabbing a  pillow and throwing it to Yuri's direction.

"Oommf" Yuri groaned as the pillow hit squarely on her face. "Aish! You-"

"Yuri?" Jessica mumbled.

"W-wwhat?" Yuri couldn't believe her quick changing of attitude. Seriously, she was supposed to hate Jessica just now.

"Turn off the lights when you leave." Jessica said and turned her back on her.

"Allright, prin-cess."  Yuri whispered, as she tucked Jessica in, turned off the lamp on the bedside table and went out into the livingroom couch, pillow in hand.

'We might not be on really good terms yet, but hey, at least we are talking ... she must not... *yawn* hate me... that ... much...now...' Yuri smiled at the thought, before curling up and going to sleep.

 

A.N.: I guess this is the longest I've wrote so far hahaha this might be not that good but please bear with me until the future updates... it might just get better:)

Also, please upvote subsribe or comment if you liked it. Frequent commenters will be invited to a special chapter after the story ends:) Look forward to it !

 

 

- shizu