VODKA, GIN

CARPE DIEM: MOMENTS SHARED WITH YOU

A.N: Hey there! It's been a long while seen i've updated(sorry bout that). First, i would want to thank the people who liked my blog:) I finally managed to reach 60♡ and yeah, I just want to say that updates would be much slower cause I need to study for my upcoming exams( I'm hardworking huh?) And yeah i hope you enjoy this chapter:)

 

 

 

 

 

'Those who pretend as if they don't love you, are the ones who would hate to see you love another person.'

- Michael Bassey Johnson

The loud booming of bass and drums echoed in the whole club, defeaning Jessica. The whole area was dark; except for a few neon lights on the bar counter. Entering the famous club, Jessica could feel herself perspiring from the heat, with people crowding the dance floor, hips grinding with each other. Sickening. At the corner of her eye, a couple can be seen eating their faces out in the dim lighting. The smell of smoke and sweat and alcohol made her feel dizzy. Feeling her heartbeat go in sync with the loud music, she knew she doesn't belong here. Oh no. 

'Yuri can handle this alone. I-i mean, this is not for me. I better scoot or else-'

"Here, grab on to me. You might get lost along the way with this crowd." Yuri said, reaching her hand over, seeing Jessica's uncomfortable expression. Jessica took a step back.

"You don't need it? Allright, I'll get going then~" Yuri started as she her heel.

"No, no, no. I'm coming with you." Jessica whined, and then looked at Yuri's outstretched hand. With shaking hands she finally reached and held on to Yuri.

Yuri's shirt that is.

With a tug, Jessica signalled Yuri to start moving, her hand clutching tightly at Yuri's polo shirt, earning herself a small smile from the latter.

"Let's get going, Sica."

-

The stools at the opposite end of the bar were empty. Plopping herself down on the seat, Jessica huffed as she looked at the sea of bodies gyrating, people seemingly enjoying showing off their curves for everybody to look at. Turning her head away from the crowd, she looked at Yuri, obviously calm in this situation.

"You-you've been to places like this before?" Jessica attempted to start a conversation. Tightly clutching at her bag, she looked down, her back bent, feeling awkward in the sea of people. Of all times, the phobia kicks in today. Crap.

"Yep. All the time. Every occasion possible. I've tried a lot of drinks here, so I know what's good. Want me to get you one?" Yuri said as she stood up proceeding to walk back to the bar. Jessica held her back.

"Wait. Wait. I don't drin-"

"Boohoo. I don't drink cause I'm a princess. Prim and propah." Yuri said in a high pitched nasal voice, teasing Jessica.

"Y-yah!"

"Just wait alright? I'll be back and you'll change your mind about drinking."

A tug on her shirt.

"You've gotta let go, Sica. How am I supposed to buy with you clinging like that?"

"You're gonna leave me alone here?" Sica pouted making Yuri blush. 

Thump. Thump. Thump. 'Thank God for the dim lights or else I'm screwed.'

"Yeah. It will only be for a little while, you big baby."

"Yah!"

-

With Yuri going further and further away, Jessica was at her limits. With cold sweat trickling down her forehead, she took her cellphone in her bag and clutched at it tightly.

'What do I do? Is that man looking in my direction? I-is he approaching? Oh ! Call somebody. Anybody! Pretend you're busy. Just-'

"Urgh!" With the flash of her phone, she quickly pressed speed dial 1 on her phone.

 

Taeyeon.

 

'The number you dialed is currently busy. Please try again-' 

'. Pretend you're calling. Pretend you're calling. Pretend-'

"Hey miss, mind me sitting here?"

'Don't mind him. Don't mind-'

"Oh, you don't mind? I'll sit here then." The man proceeded to talk alone.

"Hey, you alone tonight?"

"..." With her head turned back, Jessica could only pray for the mam to give up and go.

"I saw you awhile ago. Nobody's on the other line right? So put the phone down and talk to me. It's gonna be fun." The man said seductively. With a gulp, Jessica turned around and although nervous herself kept a cold facade.

"What do you want?" 

"Chill babe. Relax. The night is long. We could get together..." He leaned closer. " And we would have fun.." Closer. Jessica leaned back, and squeezed her eyes tight, the man trapping her in his arms. "And then we could-"

"Hey, Sica-baby. Who's the dude?" Yuri said as she placed the glass of  vodka with a loud clank on the tabletop.

"Y-yuri."

"Hey. Mister. Watch it. She's mine."

"That chick is taken? Tsk. Homo." He said as he left.

Yuri clenched her fist tightly. Seeing Jessica vulnerable because of that bastard made her angry.

She saw Jessica clutch at her phone tightly, her palms sweaty and her hands shaking.

"Hey. You okay?" Yuri said as she held Jessica in her embrace, soothing the teary-eyed girl.

"I told you not to leave you jerk... thank you." Jessica said with a sniff. 

Thump. Thump. Thump

"Hey, I'm here now aren't I?" She said soflty."Now, here, vodka for you. Let's drink down the memory away. Yuri said as she gave a glass to Jessica and raised her own glass.

"Cheers."

-

"Y-yuri?" 

"Hmm?"

"You can leave of you want to you know." Jessica said, as she bit on her lip. Seeing Yuri stuck there because of her made her guilty.

"Nah. I'm fine. We can still write an article without joining the crowd you know.I prefer sitting down anyway." Yuri said.

 'Liar. You know how much you wanna dance right now. But for once, let the idea go. Staying with Sica is better.'

"Hey. I'm am adult, alright? I'm not a ten year old kid."

"Says you who cried a while ago for talking with a man." Yuri answered back.

"Y-yah! Just-just go alright? Have fun. I can handle myself. I mean what else could go wrong right?" Jessica said as she pushed Yuri into the crowd with a bitter smile on her face.

 -

The beating of the loud stereo was music to Yuri's ears. She danced with such appeal, getting everyone's attention. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a woman inching her way towards her. Yuri looked at her head to toe. y. Hot. With a smirk, the woman leaned oh-so-close to Yuri's own sly face.

"Hey there, wanna dance?"

"My pleasure."

-

"Another one."

"Coming right up~" The bartender said as she made another shot for Jessica.

"You sure about this miss? You look like you don't drink at all."

"Hey you. Shut up and give the damn drink." Jessica said as she glared at the woman.

"Yah! I'm not 'hey you!' I have a name and it's Sunny!"

"Whatever. Sunny. Cloudy. Rainy. Just give the drink."

"Tsk. So impatient. Here ya go~" Sunny said as she gave jer the shot which Jessica downed quickly. It tastes like crap.

"Another one." Jessica hadn't drunk. But she was frustrated. Seeing Yuri flirting with that woman made her angry. Sure she let her go in the first place, but can't she have some self control?

"Hey you've been looking at that chick since ages ago. Your girlfriend?" Sunny said snapping Jessica out of her thoughts.

"N-no she is not!" Jessica said, her face blushing, looking away from Sunny's teasing eyes.

"Really? So can I have her?" 

"Yah!"

"Yah what? She's not yours right?" Sunny teased back. Silence.

"Alright. Sorry okay? I understand you. I'm not against girl on girl or anything you know. It's hot." She said in a singsong manner.

Jessica blushed. Hard. The thought never entered her mind. Up until know, she knew she liked men. Except for Tiffany. Yuri was just a nuisance. A rival. She couldn't possibly like Yuri... right? 

"Miss, a glass of gin please." A man sat beside her interrupting her from thinking.

'That voice...' The man turned and faced Jessica. A smirk was immediately planted on his lips.

"Whoa. Isn't that Jessica. I told you to not go near me again right? Tsk. What a coincidence." The man said as he leaned closer to Jessica.

'Yuri.' No sign of her. Standing up, she quickly ran away. Away from the bar. Away from that person. 

'The exit.' Jessica huffed as she reached for the door. Her head was spinning, probably from all the alcohol she took.

Everything happened so fast.

With a quick grab, the man reached for Jessica and pulled her back in. With her screams mixing with the crowd's cheer, asking for help will not be an option.

"Uh-uh-uh. Not so fast. My. My. You've gotten prettier, Jessica. Do you remember me? You used to love oppa so much right?"

She was scared. Her head, throbbing wildly, was already at its limits. Never did she expect things to turn out this way.

" you. Let go you bastard."

"Whew. That's y. Never knew you could cuss like that."

With a swift movement, he pushed Jessica against the wall, pinned her arms to it,  and pulled her in, kissing her roughly.

 

-

A.N.: I'm sorry guys. You probably know who the guy is right? Comment your opinions below! See you weeks from now! 

-shizu