SPILLED COFFEE

CARPE DIEM: MOMENTS SHARED WITH YOU

"Each meeting occurs at the precise moment for which it was meant.

Usually, when it will have the greatest impact on our lives.

                                                                                  -Nadia Scrieva, Fathoms of Forgiveness (Sacred Breath, #2)

Waiting in line was never considered a hobby for the impatient Jessica Jung. Perhaphs it was her temperament, that she gets irritated at the slightest of things, one of them being waiting. The list of applicants for the company are way to many and it ended up going far out into the streets of Cheongdam.  Yet, here she is standing at the end of the very long queue freezing her   off outside S.M. Corp, hoping to land in on a job at last. 

"God, it's so cold out here. I think I'm getting sick." The auburn-haired lady complained as she took a sip out of her espresso. 

 

"Think positive Jessica. You can do it Jessica." She murmured.

 

"Hey, it's not that bad. I'll get in soon, into the comforts of the company, with the heaters cranked up and everything warm and toasty."

 

"Yeah, warm and toasty."

 

"At least, it's almost my turn."

 

"At least I have a delicious, warm cup of coffee with me." She said as she took a sip.

 

*CRASH*

Suddenly, someone came crashing down on her spilling her coffee into the pavement. Luckily, there were no more than a few small stains on her clothes.

"Sorry,sorry, sorry." Jessica repeated as she stood up. The latter, obviously amused leaned down with a smirk to look closely at her face.

 

'Wait Jessica, stop being so apologetic! It's not even YOUR fault anyways. It's HER fault. You pabo, pabo, pabo!'she mentally cursed at herself.

 

'Okay you can do this Jessica. Fighting!' Jessica looked up and glared at the woman, only to be lost in the latter's eyes.

 

'She's pretty.. and her eyes... WAIT snap out of it Sooyeon!' she thought. 

"Don't you watch where you're going?" She said slightly raising her tone.

"Oops. My bad." The woman said, stepping a little to the side." But,since you apologized, then, apology accepted. Now scoot."

That broke Jessica's patience

'Scoot? Scoot? She's telling me to ing scoot?'

Jessica's nostrills flared, her eyes dark and piercing. "How about you scoot huh?" 

"Well I was about too~~ until you stopped me. I'll get going as you wish then 'prin-cess'." Said the other woman teasingly, drawing up air quotes with her fingers.

"Wait, you monkey! I deserve an apology!" Jessica shouted. She didn't care about the people at the moment.' Stare? Let them stare,' she thought. "They are all gonna see anyway. Screw dignity, screw shame. Right now, settling things with the person in front of her was a priority.

"Stop yer yapping and start moving woman! I've got a shoot to do. I'm a busy woman;not like you!" The raven haired woman replied and started walking towards the door. But Jessica pulled on her tight, not wanting to let go without hearing an apology.

'If I'm gonna get humiliated anyway, at least I should get what I risked my image for.' she thought as she pulled and tugged at woman, the latter screaming words she couldn't understand.

"Hey you two! Stop that love fight or whatever it is! If you won't stop causing a ruckus right here, then I've gotta kick you out! That includes you too, newbie photographer." The guard near the reception said.

"Hey we're not-" "Hey we're not-"

"She started-" "She started-"

"Stop copying me!!" "Stop copying me!!" The two said in perfect unison eliciting laughter from the crowd.

The girl woman in front of Jessica ran her fingers on her hair, and groaned in frustration. "Alright, woman. Chill will ya? I'm sorry okay? That enough for you, prin-cess?" She said as she entered the building , the doors closing behind her.

"Jerk. Monkey." Jessica cursed to herself.

"Prin-cess, prin-cess" came the chorus from the other applicants, some trying to stiffle their laughter, their cheeks red from laughing at  witnessing the embarrassing situation.

Jessica, feeling fed up at the moment, gave them her coldest glare.

Then everything went silent. Dead silent. And as if things weren't already too awkward between the applicants, a silent "prin-cess" came from the crowd, causing an uproar of laughter in the queue. "Could my life get any worse?" Jessica groaned, her cheeks burning up with embarrassment.

Soon, the line got shorter, most applicants who entered went back out with sad expressions planted onto their faces, a sign of defeat. Jessica gulped. It's nearing her turn yet for once, she felt that all the pep talk she did was not good enough. 

"Number 121, 122, 123, 124 and 125 please enter for the interview." A lady probably in her mid-twenties said.

'Oh shoot, it's my turn!' Jessica said her attention turning into the room. And even with the heaters cranked up high, she could still feel the  goosebumps forming and the hair at the back of her neck raising. "Well, here goes nothing." She shrugged.

Inside the room, Jessica could see three judges with their name plates in front. Still, she was sure she didn't need those as she landed her eyes on the first person she saw.

Tiffany Hwang.

-

Taeyeon was bored. Really bored. The auditions for the applicants isn't going really well and the weather made her feel sleepy. Twirling her pen in her fingers, she yawned as she heard the voice near the reception and footsteps nearing the hallway. A sudden nudge woke her up from nearing her slumber.

"Tae-tae, this is the last batch. C'mon keep yourself together." Tiffany whispered.

Cupping her hands onto her cheeks and slightly pinching them, Taeyeon sat upright and faced the applicants.

And what she saw next woke her up from day-dreaming. 

'Woah an auburn haired goddess!' she thought to herself how adorable it was to watch the girl in front of her pouting, as if concentrating on something, her fingers gently twirling the locks of her hair. Then, as if sensing someone's presence, the auburn haired lady turned towards her direction.

'Oh frack! Did she notice me gawking at her?' taeyeon thought out, mentally face-palming herself in the process.

"I've got to get this interview up and over with." Came her mumbles.

"Alright, next applicant!......"

-

It has been two weeks. Two long weeks of waiting and still no response from the company. Jessica Jung, growing a tad impatient tossed and turned in her bed, her pillow held tightly in her chest as she gave off a frustrated growl.

"Will i ever get the job?!"

Then her phone rang. Holding the device close to her ear and her breath, Jessica made a small "Hello, Jung residence, how may i help you?" The next words made her jump with joy. She was hired. At last.

-

"All right, for the newly hired employees, we would like to inform you that you would be grouped according to your sections." Lee soo man, the owner of the company said with an authoritative voice." Let us start with you, Jessica Jung am i correct?" He asked while looking at the charts. She nodded as a reply.

"You will be grouped with Tiffany Hwang, Kim taeyeon and... Kwon Yuri."

Several groans of displeasure arose at the scene, probably envious of the newcomer who had the chance to be grouped with the Tiffany Hwang. Jessica smiled, her face warming up at the thought of seeing her long time crush. The Kim taeyeon, she knew her from the interview. 'But who is this Kwon Yuri?' she thought deeply.

Then, the doors opened revealing a tall, tanned woman with the same brown orbs. With a teasing smile she stated, "Hi, nice to see you again prin-cess. Kwon Yuri at your service." She added with a wink.

Jessica groaned.This couldn't get any worse.

 -

 A.N: Yulsic met at last! Did you like this chapter? I hope you did! Thanks a lot:) :) :)