SHADES AND SUNBLOCK

CARPE DIEM: MOMENTS SHARED WITH YOU

'Some people seemed to get all sunshine, and some all shadow...'

-Louisa May Alcott, Little women (Little Women #1)

Taeyeon huffed as she carried their luggages into the penthouse rented just for them. With sweat beads trickling down her forehead, she managed to lift all the bags up the last flight of stairs and dropped them into the room. She finally sat down and looked up seeing an 'oh-so-relaxed' Tiffany, complete with all the shades and the hat, her eyes dark as she glared at Taeyeon, before heading out.

Tiffany was mad.

But she never knew why. Everything was perfect just before the trip, and Taeyeon knew it.

'Stress? Work? That time of the month? Nah. Fany doesn't easily get angry. She just does when-' 

The door slammed open leaving an impatient Tiffany. "You. Me go swim. NOW."

Taeyeon can only manage a nod. Wiping her sweat with the back of her hand, she proceeded to freshen up and change her clothes. 'Will I ever enjoy this trip?'

-

"Ahhh, the sea is so great! Don't you just love it here, Tae-Tae?" Tiffany bounced around happily, clad only in her swimsuit making everybody, Taeyeon particularly, stare in wonder.

"Tae-Tae. Tae-Tae~ Yah! You ert!" Tiffany shouted, tired with waving her hands in front of Taeyeon and instead gave her a strong push.

"Y-yeah. It's nice. Its big- I-i mean the view is.. yeah." Taeyeon stuttered, and finally took a glance at the scenery before her.

"It's breath-taking isn't it? This article would surely be a success." Tiffany beamed, her eyes already forming crescents.

'Wow. Didn't expect her to change her mood THAT FAST. Heck, I didn't know that she was even bipolar!'  Taeyeon thought, bewildered at the fact that she doesn't really know her best friend as much as she thought she did. Bummer.

A sudden grab for her hand, made Taeyeon jolt back up. 

"Let's go for a swim, Tae."

-

Taeyeon groaned in frustration. She didn't know what part of swimming meant sunbathing. She didn't know what part of swimming meant tanning. She didn't know what part of swimming meant HER becoming a SERVANT. Swimming was meant for playing, dipping and all the like. Not standing here and-

"Tae-Tae, one more glass of juice, please."

"Yes, Fany-ah~" Taeyeon cooed, trying to please Tiffang as much as possible; her own anger contained to a bare minimum.

'Well, I guess since I get to see pretty bodies out here then it's good. I mean, with all their ASSets in full display I can-'

"Tae-Tae! Don't look at other people's butts!" 'There it is again.' Taeyeon thought, obviously annoyed. 'Is she a mind and speech blocker? She kept on cutting my words today-' 

"Tae-Tae!"

 '.'

"Yes, Fany-ah? Taeyeon said, grabbing a handful of her hair. Stress. She can feel it coming.

"I said, DON'T LOOK AT OTHER PEOPLE'S BUTTS!" Tiffany snapped, and at that moment, Taeyeon thought hard on how can Tiffany be so angry yet retain her eye-smile. Cunning. Creepy.

"So... can I just look at yours then?" Taeyeon said in a teasing voice, making Tiffany blush.

"N-nnnno! No! You can't do that to-"

"Taeyeonnie~ can you please put sunblock on me?" Came the voice from the other end.

"Well, they're calling me~" Taeyeon said, happy that she was able to finally escape Tiffany. "Ciao~ enjoy your tan. Don't get too dark though." Taeyeon replied with a wink, annoying Tiffany.

-

Tiffany tried many ways to get Taeyeon's attention, but the stupid midget Just. Wont. Get. It.

She hastily plopped herself down her seat, taking in a deep breath. 

"Ciao~ enjoy your tan. Don't get too dark though, blah blah blah. Blah. Blah. Blah-"

"That's it! You. Are. A. Genius. Mushroom!" Tiffany cheered at the new idea that entered her mind. 

"Tae-Tae~ can you please put sunblock on me?"

Silence.

Looking far to her right, she saw people looking at her with amusement, an obvious smirk on their faces as they tried to stifle their laughter.

"I think I'll die of embarassment" Tiffany groaned, her hand covering her face.

"Ummm. Excuse me, miss?" Came a voice. From the sound of his accent, Tiffany knew he was a foreigner.

Tiffany looked up only to stare at brown orbs, which melted her deeply. "Love at first sight? Nah. This is physical attraction." Tiffany mumbled earning herself a suppressed chuckle.

"Yah~ don't laugh." Tiffany whined, a pout forming on her face.

"Sorry. I heard you want sunblock? I can help you if you want to." He said earning a nod from Tiffany.

"By the way, I'm Nickhun. Nice to meet you."

"Tiffany."

-

Taeyeon enjoyed talking to the ladies. At least it wasn't loud mouth Fany. Annoying Fany. Bossy Fany.

With these thoughts running in her mind she knew avoiding the latter was best for now. Turning in the other direction, seeing a man 'molesting' Tiffany made her change her mind.

Walking with quick, long strides, she finally reached their spot and tugged at the man.

"Excuse me. I'll take over from here."

"But-"

"I'll. Take. Over."

"Allright, allright! ." Nickhun spat at Taeyeon and walked away.

Taeyeon didn't mind. Leaning down, she took the bottle of sunblock and slathered it onto Tiffany's arms, a look of concentration on her face.

Tiffany smiled. Taeyeon did care after all.

-

Taeyeon let out a relieved sigh as she was able to take a dip in the ocean at last. Tiffany's mood became extremely well and so, she was granted permission for a swim with her. Tiffany stood up and went out of the water surprising Taeyeon.

"I'll get going first, Taeyeon-ah."

"So soon? Oh well, go ahead. I'll follow suit." Taeyeon smiled and did an ok sign.

'This is the best vacation, ever!'

-

Tiffany walked into the bedroom, a content smile on her face. 

"Tae-Tae is still Tae-Tae... I think I'm really starting to-"

The continuous ringing of Taeyeon's phone snapped her from her thoughts. Reaching for it in the bedside table, she debated over whether to answer the call or not. But. It's just a phone call. So. Just. This. Once. She unlocked the phone and glanced at the caller i.d.

*Jessica (Baby)*  Great. Tiffany clutched at the phone, irritated at how Taeyeon pays so much attention to her.

With a swipe of her fingers, she refused the call. 

 

Suddenly, someone reached behind her, shocking Tiffany, the phone dropping to the bed

"Fany-ah, what are you doing?"

 

A.N : Well was this update short? Anyways, firstly, I want to thank everyone who visited my blog:) you don't know how much that meant to me:) 

I'LL MAKE SURE YOU ENJOY THE NEXT UPDATE♤♢♧♡