BODY HEAT

CARPE DIEM: MOMENTS SHARED WITH YOU

 

"That's what people do who love you. They put their arms around you and love you when you're not so lovable."

-Deb Caletti

Strong rain pelted against the rooftops, making different eerie sounds in the apartment. Inside, the heaters are cranked up high, with the familiar scents of ox-bone soup, kimchi fried rice, and other banchan* being prepared. Tiffany surely didn't know how to cook, with all the cookbooks and instructional videos lined up in the kitchen counter, but just for a little while, she thought, if this could give her and Taeyeon some space apart, she would gladly do it. Now is not the right time to see Taeyeon. Not for her. Wiping her seat with the back of her hand, she tied her hair up in a bun, adjusted her apron, and continued on with flipping the pages of the book, at times murmuring the words, "Dice the meat..." "Let the water come to a boil...", but those words were left out of blankly, as other thoughts started entering her mind.

-

She unlocked the phone and glanced at the caller i.d.

*Jessica (Baby) Great. Tiffany clutched at the phone, irritated at how Taeyeon pays so much attention to her. 

With a swipe of her fingers, she refused the call.

 

Suddenly, someone reached behind her, shocking Tiffany, the phone dropping to the bed.

"Fany-ah, what are you doing?"

"N-nnothing, Tae-Tae." '.' She mentally cursed. 'Hold your ground Fany-ah. Don't stutter.'

"Well.. what are you doing with my phone?" Taeyeon asked innocently.

"I-i'm just.. c-checking things out! Yeah. Playing games and all that."

'C'mon! Just please go away, Tae-Tae!' She thought as she clutched the phone tighter.

"Hmmm. I don't remember having games on my phone..." Taeyeon said as she placed a hand on her chin.

'Thud. Thud. Thud.. Please don't hate me Tae. I'll fess up.' Tiffany thought as she walked forward.

"Taeyeon-ah, actually-"

"Ah-hah!" Taeyeon said as she grabbed for her phone in the bed.

"Could it be that you.."

"I'm really sorry Tae-I -I was just curious that's why-" Tiffany said, tears welling up in her eyes.

"I knew it! You were watching , huh!" Taeyeon said with a grin on her face.

"Wah?"

"Meannie. Fany is growing up to be a woman now, huh?" Taeyeon nodded.

"You should have called me. I wanted to join!" Taeyeon whined.

"Yah! I didn't watch ! You freak!" Tiffany said as she went outside and banged the door.

"Stay in your room! I-i'll cook dinner!"

"Are you sure Fany-ah?"

"Shut up!"

'Thud. Thud. Thud.' Tiffany rested her back on the door feeling slightly relieved and embarrassed at what happened.

'Huff. At least she didn't know what I did. But her thinking I'm a ert who enjoys watching people isn't any better. Aisshh!' 

-

TAK!

"Ahhhh!" Tiffany shouted. With all the thinking she has done, she hasn't been paying attention at all to the vegetables she had been cutting minutes ago.

"Ouch." She said as she looked at the cut on her finger oozing blood. She bit her lip to control the pain.

"Fany-ah! What's wrong?" The door opened with a loud bang and Taeyeon appeared, concern written all over her face as she approached Tiffany. 

"Nothing, nothing. Just saw a bug. Now get back to your room." Tiffang said as she hid her hands behind her back amd forced an eye-smile.

"You know you can't lie to me Hwang Miyoung. Now. Hand." Taeyeon said sternly which surprised Tiffany.

Like an obedient child, she showed her hand to Taeyeon.

"See, there's nothing wrong. Hahaha just a small cut and-"

'Thud. Thud. Thud.'

Tiffany choked back on her words as Taeyeon brought the cut finger to , it.

"There! The bleeding stopped!" Tiffany was snapped out of her reverie. "Now you can go rest, Secretary Hwang..you had a long day. I'll finish up here okay?" Taeyeon said as she sent Tiffany along with a tap on her behind. Tiffany only managed to nod. The scene replaying on her mind like a movie, as she bent her head down low and went back to their room.

-

Night time was harder for Tiffany. She found it awkward how Taeyeon can remain so calm while she was all worked up and flustered. Taeyeon's voice interrupted her thoughts. "Since there would be a typhoon, all flights are cancelled. Well, looks like we'll be staying here for a longer time." She said with a shrug and a small smile. "Now..*yawn* time to sleep." Taeyeon said as she crawled beside Tiffany and went under the covers.

"Hey, you won't be sleeping on the other room?"

"I know you're scared of thunder.. so.. I'll be here with you." Taeyeon said as she hugged Tiffany from behind.

"Seriously Fany-ah. You can tell me anything, you know that right? I won't be mad. We're best friends... after... all..." Taeyeon said, her eyelids getting heavy, her speech slowing down as she grasped harder on Tiffany's waist and fell asleep.

Tiffany her breath in and turned around, tucking the loose strands of hair in Taeyeon's face. 

'That's it we're bestfriends. Just bestfriends.' 

But for now, she was contented and resigned to the fact that Taeyeon can be with her. That Taeyeon is with her. That for a moment, Taeyeon is hers.

 

 

 

Not Jessica's.

 

-

 

Hongdae Hotel

 

 

"Arrghgh!" Yuri groaned as Jessica pushed her off the bed, her getting the impact of the cold hard ground with a loud thud.

"Stop! Sica, Stop!" She pleaded as she covered her bare body with a hand while shielding herself from everything Jessica threw at her with the other.

"W-wwwhat the did you do to me Kwon Yuri!" Jessica screeched, as tears started to well up in her eyes. She grabbed the blanket closer to her body, and grabbed the lamp, about to throw it in Yuri's direction.

"Sica, sica, Sica listen-"

CRASH

Yuri only managed to turn around from the lamp being thrown at her as it hit her square in the back, the shards cutting through her skin, as she tumbled over and curled up in pain.

"Sica..."

Jessica felt guilty. But now is not the time. She needed explanations. Her tears started falling down, as she said the words, "Y-yyou freak! You're an animal! My..m-mmmy y-you took my... now I can't be married!" She screamed with all her might as she raised the blanket over her head, and curled up inside. Sobs could he heard from the ball-like outline in the blanket.

"Y-yah.. Sica" Yuri struggled to get up as she held onto her sides, the pain making her unable to say much. She gritted her teeth and reached for the covers, pulling it away from Jessica.

"Don't... don't touch me." Jessica looked so vulnerable. Yuri leaned closer and held Jessica's bare shoulder.

She flinched. She's scared of her.

"Listen. I did not you. Alright? Making sense?" Jessica could only gape at what she said. The expression soon turned into anger.

"Then what can you say with THIS!" Jessica said as she pointed to herself, .

"You did that, don't you remember?" Yuri said snapping her out of her thoughts.

"I did-"

-

'She fainted. With this rain, how am I supposed to bring her home?' Yuri thought as she carried Jessica and made her way to the hotel. The slippery ground made Yuri's pace slower. She has to be careful not to drop Jessica. Placing a foot over the other she continued to stride to the hotel; the only thing keeping her moving were the thoughts of going home back to her bed and be in front of the tv. And of course, albeit not admitting it, bringing Jessica back safely.

"Ahh.." Yuri unconciously moaned as Jessica started nibbling on her neck. "Jessica, really I need to get you home so please-"

"Arrrghgghg!" 

Jessica bit Yuri on the shoulder. Hard. 

"Owowow owwwww... yah! What's that for?" Yuri groaned as Jessica went down from her back, and started stumbling in her steps. '. She's drunk.' Yuri made a mental note to never let Jessica touch alcohol again.

"Hihihi..who's that y lady?" Jessica purred as she went closer to Yuri, her eyes turning seductive, with the effects of alcohol.

"Sica-yah.. we need to get home.. we'll be sick!  Yuri said as she dragged Jessica back, althought the latter was reluctant. 

"No, Yuwreeee~ I want to stay here..." Jessica said as she started sobbing. Yuri turned around only to find Jessica's eyes red and swollen from all the crying she had done.

"Sica-"

"I'm so dirty! I-i'm such a ! How... how did this..."

"Shush. Sica. Sica. It's alright. You can tell me everything. I'll be here."

"I tried my best, Yuri-ah... I tried to fend him off-"

"I know Sica. I know." Yuri said as she pat Jessica's head, removed her own jacket, and placed it over Jessica.

"Now let's go home. We wouldn't want to be sick, do we?" Yuri said in a whisper, as they proceeded to walk home.

-

Yuri fumbled with the keys as Jessica kept strangling her by the neck, clinging to her while saying incoherent things like, "Mr. Teddy Bear, where were you?" And "Oh Josephine, where art thou Romeo?" Yuri suppressed a chuckle as she saw the scene before her.

 

Once reaching the hotel room, Yuri placed Jessica on the bed but was stopped when Jessica held her by the collar.

"Wait... Yuwree... I... feel so hot. Do something about it, please" Jessica said as she started undressing, much to the surprise of Yuri.

"Wait... gaah! Sica, you can't do that, here!" Yuri said as she quickly picked up the thrown garments and placed them over Jessica.

"I said I feel hot! Do something about it!" Jessica shouted which startled Yuri. Yuri placed a hand over her eyes resisting the temptation to look. Suddenly, a soft garment was thrown and landed on her head.

"What's this- arrghghg!" Yuri threw the garment away as she saw Jessica looking at her with a sultry smirk. Yuri only looked down, and with a huff, picked up the bra. "Geez, what will I do with you, Sica?"

-

Just when Yuri thought things wouldn't get any worse, it did. 

When Jessica started forcing Yuri to take her clothes off, too. Cause according to her, "you're feeling hot too, right? Take it off! Ppali*~"

. Yuri hid herself under the covers. Looking to her right, she saw Jessica holding her mickey mouse t-shirt, cuddling it. 

. Yuri shivered under the blankets. She didn't expect to curse this much. But she didn't expect Jessica to be such a maniac when drunk. "God. I swear I didn't expect her to just tear off my shirt like that. Heck, that was my favorite-"

"Yuri~I'm cold. Do something about it." Uh. Oh.

Jessica started getting under the covers with Yuri and snuggled on to her, bare skin having contact with bare skin.

Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump.

"Sica-really-"

With a swift motion, Jessica made Yuri lie on top of her, and started to close her eyes."warm... really warm Yuri~"

'How did she become this strong?" Yuri thought as she struggled to get away from her grip to no avail. Well, guess you're sleeping in like this for tonight, Kwon.'

-

"Remember now, prin-cess?" Yuri said with a smirk as Jessica pulled the blanket over her face, only managing to peek at Yuri.

"So... we were on that bed... together.... for more than 6 hours?"

"Duh."

"What did we do just a while ago?"

"Body heat. Duh."

"Don't start with me Kwon Yuri."

"Du-duaaamn! What's with the airconditioning system? Why is it so hot in here?" Yuri said as she started to fan herself.

"Actually Yuri, it's cold. Duh."

"Yah! You told me not to use 'duhh..' right?"

"Duh." Jessica responded with a smile.

"By the way Sica, you really hurt me when you threw the lamp you know, inside out." Yuri pouted.

"Y-yuri" Jessica started as she touched Yuri's shoulder. "About that-"

"Arghh!" Yuri cried out in pain. Jessica retracted her hand only to find blood stained on her fingers.

"Y-yuri I'm -"

"It's okay, it's okay, really. I'll go treat myself." Yuri said as she reached the bedside drawer, blankets still drawn over her body as she got the medicine and the gauze.

"I-i'll help you..." Jessica said looking oh-so-pitiful with that pout of hers that Yuri wanted to squeeze her cheeks.

"Really? You know using your hands means letting go of holding that blanket over you, right? And that means..." Yuri trailed off with a smirk as her eyes looked at Jessica head to toe.

"Yeah! party!" Yuri shouted as she bounced on the bed. Dork.

"Yah! Turn around, freak!" 

"Hey, this isn't the first time I saw you , princess."

Flashback of the scene in the shower entered Jessica's train of thoughts.

"Yah! ert!" Jessica shouted as she placed the stinging antiseptic directly onto Yuri's wound.

"Arrghgh! Have mercy, mercy! Blow on it, blow on it please!~"

-

"Hey, Sica?"

"Hmmm?"

"You awake?" 

"I wouldn't be answering you if I were." 

"Whew. Sarcastic lady aren't ya? You sure you don't want to get up and wear clothes? It's freezing in here and you're stark ."

"And what? And risk letting you see me bare for the third time? Heck no. You can count on it. Besides, you're not... *yawn* wearing clothes... yourself.." Jessica mumbled the rest as she hugged Yuri and buried her head closer to the crook of her neck.

Yuri's breathing quickened in its pace. Trying to change the topic, she tried to talk to Jessica about different matters. "Sica, who... was the man... at the bar...?" 

"..."

"Sorry.. umm ahh... it's okay if you don't want to. Just forget about-"

"He is Donghae, Yuri-yah. My first ever unrequited love." Jessica said as she started talking about him to Yuri. How she met him when she was down, how she fell in love with him, and how he hurt her. Then and now. Everything was the same.

Yuri could feel her blood boil. "Was that... your.. first..kiss?" She asked through clenched teeth.

 

 

 

"Yeah." Yuri clenched her fist. She couldn't believe how hurt she was right now because of a jerk. 

 

"I'm such a loser, right? But you're not one to talk. I mean, you were kissed by a man in the hotel bar, right? Now let's not talk about this. I'm sleepy." Jessica said as she faked a yawn and snuggled closer to Yuri.

"S-sica..." 

"W-what?" 'Thump. Thump. Thump. I shouldn't have mentioned that. Jung Sooyeon, you pabo*! Will she think I'm jealous? Will she think... I like her?'

"The man? Hahaha Sica really, how did you know about my brother?" Yuri said happily. Jessica kept agape.

"B-brother?"

"Yep. He works there. I just knew about it... wait don't tell me..."

'Oh gosh, please no. No. No'

"You like my brother?!" 

"W-wha?"

"Seriously Sica, give up. He has a girlfriend you know. A pretty one to boot."

"Yah! I'm pretty too!"

"So.. you.. like.. him?" Yuri said feeling a pang of hurt that Jessica was more concerned of her brother rather than her. 

"N-no! That's not it. Really. Go sleep Yuri." Jessica said as she placed a hand over Yuri's eyes and her tousled hair. Somehow, even with the loud hammering from her chest, Jessica couldn't help but feel relieved about the fact that- that Yuri, that she wasn't taken.

"S-ssica. Ummm.." Yuri found it hard to breathe with what Jessica did to her. This is beyond wierd.

"Hmmmm?" Jessica responded lazily, as she draped her leg over Yuri, and buried her face closer to Yuri's neck, her lips touching a sensitive spot.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?" 

"You know, talking bad about Taeyeon from before. It just... I just blurted it out, promise. I-i'm sorry if i hurt you."

'And here you are apologizing only after giving a vow that you won't. Ever.'

"It's okay. Yuri... and... thank you...for you know what." Jessica said with a yawn as she went on, burying her face on Yuri's chest.

'Thump. Thump. Thump.'

"Gosh... ahhh.. snap out of this Kwon Yul." Yuri was talking to herself again as she breathed in and out. In and out. Soon, light snores could be heard. "S-sica? You sleeping?"

"..."

Yuri pushed Jessica slightly away from her to look at her closely. ' She's really pretty when she sleeps. - wait Kwon. This is wrong. All of this is effing wrong.' Yuri thought as she observed at Jessica's features. From her porcelain white skin, to her long lashes amd her small lips, Yuri wondered how someone like Jessica could make a tug at her heartstrings. And this made her confused. A small smile graced her lips as she saw child-like side of Jessica, hidden under all the chic make-up and cold facade.

 

Slowly, she brushed her finger over Jessica's lips.

 

 

 

 

And she leaned in.

 

 

 

 

 

Closer, until their lips touched, Jessica's soft lips molding perfectly against hers. 

 

 

 

But that fleeting moment went away as soon as it happened, the burning sensation never leaving Yuri's lips.

 

 

 

 

'Thump. Thump. Thump.'

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri placed a hand over , shocked with what she just did.

 

 

 

 

 

And how she felt about it.

 

 

 

 

 

Looking to her right, she bit her lip at the sight of a sleeping Jessica, her heart beat pounding in her ears.

 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, Jessica. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." The words she could only mutter at this moment.

 

 

 

 

 

She hoped Jessica hadn't noticed.

 

 

 

 

Because she didn't plan to tell her anyways. Right from the start.

-

*Banchan* -side dish

*ppali*- faster, quickly

*pabo*- stupid

 

A.N: Yulsic kissed! Yay! I really had a hard time editing this part out, I mean the kissing scene so I hope you liked itXD

And yeah I just wanted to congratulate 1Nonly_YS for guessing right about her brother haha♡ 

I hope you continue reading my fics:)

- shizu