DATING 101

CARPE DIEM: MOMENTS SHARED WITH YOU

'Welcome to the wonderful world of jealousy, he thought.  For the price of admission, you get a splitting headache, a nearly irresistable urge to commit murder, and an inferiority complex. Yippee.

-J.R. Ward, Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1)

1.Always compliment

"Alright prin-cess-"

"Don't. Call. Me. That. I. Have. A. Name. You. Freak." 

"Geez, you don't have to emphasize every word, Sica." Yuri pouted.

"Sica?" Jessica asked, unsure of what she had heard.

"Yeah, what else do you want me to call you? Seriously, your name's too darn long." Yuri sneered at the other woman.

"Hey there's nothing wrong with my-" Jessica said but was eventually shushed by Yuri.

"Do you want to start this lesson or not?" Yuri asked sternly.

"Yes."

"What's the magic word?" Yuri grinned teasingly, her smile almost splitting her face.

Jessica groaned. "Please teach me." 

Yuri's grin grew wider, if that is even possible. Pinching Jessica's nose, she uttered, " It's so fun teasing you. You're just too cute."

"Just get this done and over with." Jessica said her arms akimbo, giving Kwon Yuri the coldest glare she could ever manage.

"Okay okay I get it. Rule number 1. Always I mean always compliment."

"Compliment? People don't need compli-"

"Hush. Now watch me." Yuri stated placing a finger over Jessica's lips ,as she walked along the cafeteria with Jessica trailing closely behind her.

"Hey Erika! How's your hot body rockin?" Yuri said smirking at the lady in front of her. The lady looked at her with pure disgust before spitting out the words "Yuck. A ert." Before rolling her eyes and turning on her heels.

"Are you sure you're doing it right? You seem like a failure." Jessica said looking at the crestfallen girl with pity.

"N-no that's not it. She was just shy that's all." Yuri said snapping her fingers. She then cleared ." Alright, next lesson."

-

2. Be confident

"Well this, I'm quite sure." Yuri nodded at the doubtful Jessica.

"Rule number 2. Be confident. Trust yourself. Look at people who talk to you and don't ever, ever act so cold. You're literally freezing me with the looks you know?"

At her words, Jessica felt so unsure of what she is doing. Sure, she isn't friendly. Sure, she is shy. Sure she doesn't laugh that much. But what can she do? 'Is it my freaking fault now that I'm born like this?' 

"I don't know... how." Jessica trailed off disappointment evident in her eyes." Thanks Yuri, but I think I'll just cancel the date with manager Kim. I think she would understand." Jessica proceeded to leave but was stopped when a hand grabbed at her wrist.

"Hey, listen. Listen to me first. Don't you think it's too early to give up? I'll be here for you, you know that, right?" Yuri didn't even know what she said and why she did it. All that ran through her mind was to make Jessica feel better.

"If you'd want, I can watch from afar while you date, you know, cheer you on? What do you say hmmm?" Yuri said expectantly trying to search for the latter's eyes.

"Will you do that... for me?" Jessica raised her head to meet Yuri's warm orbs looking back at her.

"O-of course, what are friends for?" 'Crap! What's with being nervous all of the sudden, casanova Yuri?'  

"F-friend?" 

"Yes. Friend. Now, lets go. We still got one more lesson." Yuri nodded in approval.

-

3.Smile 

"Now, the last but not the least, the most important dating instruction to make everyone head over heels for you-"

"Get to it."

"Smile." Yuri said showing her own pearly whites.

"..." Jessica didn't know how to respond to that. The happiest she had ever been is with that jerk, Donghae.  And ever since 'that' incident, she let the idea of ever being happy go.

"C'mon, try it" Yuri urged Jessica showing her a smile.

"Like this?" Jessica said curved into an awkward grin; her eyes saying she doesn't like smiling, that it's all fake. FAKE, FAKE, FAKE.

Yuri groaned " the last step, I guess I can't teach you. You have to be really happy to smile you know? You can't just curve your mouth upwards and call it a smile."

"This is hopeless...." Jessica sighed.

"Well since your date is in two days, we've got to at least dress to impress right? Oh, cheer up Sica, You'll get through this anyway." Yuri said patting Jessica at the back.

"Alright, if we can't show a smile, we have to atleast show a pretty body." Yuri said seriously, her eyebrows knitted together.

"Yah! I can smile!" Jessica argued with her high nasal voice.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's get going princess" Yuri said pulling Jessica along with her.

 

--

 

 

'This is it, Jessica Jung. The date. The day you had been waiting for. Get yourself out there! Fighting!'Jessica thought giving a fist pump in the process.

"You seem excited. You ready, Sica?" Yuri asked while fixing Jessica's hair. The other only managed a meek nod as a reply. Yuri combed her hair and pulled her up to the mirror." You look great, Sica. I'm sure you'll be fine. I'll support you remember? Now get going. You're going to be late."

 

-

Taeyeon had arrived at the restaurant earlier than the said time. Drinking her cup of americano, she thought about what Jessica would look like this time. And as the glass door was pushed open, the sounds of employees booming in the area, she was fascinated at the sight before her.

"J-jessica-ssi, you look great today." Taeyeon offered to pull out the seat for her.

'Rule number 1. Always compliment.' the thought rang in Jessica's mind. "Thank you. You are beautiful as well, Taeyeon-ssi."

"Oh please. It's okay to speak informally to me. You can be comfortable." Taeyeon reassured her. Jessica nodded. 

In reality, Jessica kept on stealing glances at Yuri who sat tables behind Taeyeon, giving her encouragements from her end.

"Jessica? Is something bothering you? "Taeyeon asked snapping her out of her mini-mental conversation with Yuri.

"Oh it's nothing Taeyeon. Let's order." Jessica said earning herself a smile from Taeyeon.

-

The conversation went longer than what Yuri had thought. The first awkward Jessica who kept looking at her asking for her help was no more.

"How could she forget me this easily? Didn't even bother to take a glance at how am I doing... after all I have done... and she calls her Taengoo! TAENGOO? TAENGOO? When did they become that close?!  Aishhh!" Yuri groaned sipping on her orange juice.

Looking accross from her table, Yuri saw something which made her feel... different.

Jessica smiled. For Taeyeon.

But not for her.

"I haven't seen that face ever since. She looks so pretty when she smiles.. why does she keep on frowning?" Yuri said feeling a pang of hurt.

Shoving the new feelings out of her mind, Yuri took a deep breath to calm herself.

'So what of she is happy with her? So what if they date? I don't care. I don't like stick-thin Sica. I like voluptous Tiffany. I am NOT jealous. You wanted for this to happen remember, Yuri? It's all part of your plan to get Tiffany. Yes, to get Tiffany and nobody else. So just avoid this Sica for a while and sort things out. It's just a moment of distraction, a phase that's all. Your heart still belongs to Tiffany , Yuri. Remember that.'

A.N. : how was it? School has been really stressful so I dont know if it was nice.. anyway i hope you enjoyed:-)

-shizu