HOTEL ROOM

CARPE DIEM: MOMENTS SHARED WITH YOU

"Love me or hate me, both are in my favor...If you love me, I'll always be in your heart... If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind."

              - William Shakespeare

Drawing in a breath, Jessica plopped herself into the bed of the hotel room. Feeling the soft mattress under her made her momentarily forget her frustrations for taking the 'said job' from Taeyeon. Jessica huffed and lay prone to the bed, pulling the covers over her. " Why did I agree to that? To that?" With an indignant groan, Jessica Jung messed up her bedhead, and curled up into a fetal position, thinking of the events beforehand.

Yoona suddenly entered, a smile on her face.

"Kwon Yuri. Jessica Jung. Manager's Office. N.O.W."

Yuri walked with an indifferent air, not minding anybody at all, surprising Jessica.

'The jerk didn't even bother to wait for me.' She thought as she fixed her fringes. With a sigh, she followed suit.

...

The cold air of the room hit Yuri and Jessica as soon as they entered, sending goosebumps to their skin.

"Good morning, Yuri-ssi, Jessica. Take a seat." Taeyeon ordered. Yuri merely bowed which annoyed Jessica.

"Ah, yes good morning Manager Kim." 

"No need to be so formal, Jessica, Taengoo is fine.."  Taeyeon said as she scratched at her nape, seeing Jessica blush at her words made the heat creep up to her face as well.

And out of the corner of Jessica's eyes, she swore Yuri made a face.

...

"Allright, Jessica, Yuri-ss-"

"Oh, no need to be so formal, Yuri is fine." Yuri interrupted, earning herself a glare from Jessica.

With the clearing of , Taeyeon continued, "Allright, Jessica, Yuri, You're going to have your first job!"

"A what?!" "A what?!" Both said simultaneously, eliciting a chuckle from Taeyeon.

"Yep. Your first job. And it will be a review of a famous club in Hongdae. You two will be staying in a hotel we've booked for you. How's that? You up for it?"

"Allright, everything is okay Taeng, but- are we staying in seperate rooms?" Jessica asked hopefully. She couldn't bear sharing with Yuri now, not after the fight they had. Not after everything Yuri makes her feel awkward and guilty. No. No. Never.

"About that... well they were out of rooms so... but they have a big bed! And a big room! And-" Taeyeon said hoping to change Jessica's mind but was cut off.

"I'll do it manager. If Jessica wants to stay behind then she could, but I'm not wasting my opportunity." Yuri said cooly, avoiding Jessica's gaze.

"Y-yah! Who says I'm not going? This case is settled, we'll go." Jessica said  and was about to leave, when suddenly something stopped her in her tracks.

"I forgot to mention. You will be staying there for two weeks. You know, explore everything Hongdae. You will leave by tomorrow so you can start packing up. I'll issue the leave for you. So...goodluck, both of you." Taeyeon said with a grin leaving a gaping Jessica and an emotionless Yuri.

...

The ride to Hongdae was silent. Eerie. Jessica sighed for the nth time as she was getting tired of pretended to sleep, just so she wouldn't know what's happening with the quiet Yuri. Peering her eyes open, she took a small peek at Yuri only to see her back turned to her.

'She has been avoiding me, huh. I guess I was too harsh. But- it's not my fault, is it?'

Yuri suddenly turned, her once happy face dropped into a serious one as soon as she saw Jessica.

"Ummm. You awake now?" Yuri asked although knowing the answer, trying to ease the tension so thick between them.

"Yeah." Jessica could only mutter. Then, everything was silent. Eerie. Again.-

-

The obtrusive ringing from Jessica's phone broke her train of thoughts. With a frustrated groan, she lifted the covers, ran her fingers through her hair and reached for her hand phone in the bedside table. She looked around the room. 'No sign of Yuri. Then again, the hotel is big so no need to bother looking for her.' Jessica thought as she pressed answer on her phone.

"Hey Jessica, how are you two doing right now? You okay?" Taeyeon said through the receiver.

"Umm. Yeah.. we're doing fine.. how about you there, Taengoo?"

"Well the boss anounced today that me and Tiffany will be going to Hawaii for a review too, and we are already preparing to leave." Taeyeon said, and by the sound of her voice, Jessica knew she was happy.

"Well, goodluck then Taeng, Gosh you are lucky. I'd love to visit Hawaii too..." Jessica whined over the phone.

"Sometime soon, I might take you there. But I can't promise.~" Taeyeon said teasingly.

"Meanie."

"I know. Now go find Yuri. I think she is not there... " Taeyeon asked in a serious  voice.

"Yep. I'll go find her. Bye Taengoo. Talk to ya later. Jessica said as she hung up.

"Bye. I'll miss you." Taeyeon said with a smile, albeit knowing nobody received that.

-

Jessica searched almost the whole hotel, trying to look for Yuri. Already panting, she reached for the top floor. 'the bar'  she thought. 'she couldn't possibly be here, could she?" Jessica asked herself, preparing to leave. 'Still, a walk in here and probably a drink of water would help.'Jessica thought with a shrug of her shoulders as she entered into the indoor bar of the hotel.

-

Yuri was quiet as she took a sip of her cocktail. She didn't want to see Jessica. Jessica didn't want to see her. Perfect. Now all she needs is time for herself. Suddenly, a hand slid its way accross her shoulders, as a man appeared behind her, pulling her close to him. Yuri turned around, shocked with what happened, but it was quickly replaced with a  sly smile after seeing the man behind her.

"Hey there, y."

-

Jessica walked along the whole area of the bar, not finding Kwon Yuri. She walked into the most secluded area of the bar, although being afraid herself. And what she saw only made her blood boil.

A man kissing Yuri's cheek. 

"Urgh. That flirt." Jessica said as she stomped her way out of the bar.

-

A.N. school has been killing me lately so i decided to punish yuri and jessica a little hahaha  Who do you think is the man? I hope you enjoyed reading! :)

-shizu