WINTER:1

CARPE DIEM: MOMENTS SHARED WITH YOU

 

"When I was  a little girl I used to read fairytales.In fairytales you meet Prince Charming and he's everything you ever wanted. In fairytales, the bad guy is very easy to spot. The bad guy is always wearing a black cape so you always know who he is. Then you grow up and you realize that Prince Charming is not as easy to find as you thought. You realize the bad guy is not wearing a black cape and he's not easy to spot; he's really funny, and he makes you laugh, and he has perfect hair."

                                                                                    -Taylor Swift

-

 

 

"Fairytales. I've always loved them as a child. Never once have i doubted that life is always filled with the warmth of spring and the vibrance of summer. That i will always be happy. That someone would always be there for me. But life doesn't always go on a straight path. It leaves you in circles, surreptitiously catching you off guard and then pushes you down when you almost get up and out.

Thats when everybody starts to notice you.

But no one really bothers to help.

'Will there really be a Prince Charming who sweeps me off my feet?' You might think,

'Or will that person pick me up only to throw me down deeper?'

Growing up experiencing all of these only led me to doubting everything.

People's sincerity.

Even myself.

Still, through that, i learned to be independent.

Self-sufficient.

Self-efficient.

Because I knew.

That reality can never be a tale. Never a happy ending. For in this twisted reality of ours snow white doesn't wake up with a kiss. Little red riding hood gets gobbled up, and we are trapped in eternal winter. The only options are to take it as a curse,or to take it as it is-life.

For when Cinderella's remaining glass slipper gets broken, would she still get her very own happy ending?"

 

The end of volume 1: Winter: The broken glass slipper

-Jessica Jung

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Will she...?" Jessica Jung mumbled to herself as she stretched her aching limbs and massaged her sore shoulders as she is in dire need of a break.

Yes, the 21 year old female started writing in hopes of it becoming something that inspires-just like what Tiffany had done to her- And it was starting off with a tragic rhetorical question for an ending.'Great. Just great Jessica Jung! YOU NAILED IT!' She heaved. And sighed. In reality, she was planning a set containing four volumes of books named: 4 seasons-bittersweet memories-but to complete that, she still has a lot of work to do.

"Well,that I can put off for tomorrow." She said as she stiffled a yawn.

She sank back deeper into her leather chair, thinking of the events that happened at the airport a week ago. In the end, she resorted to going for help,, her head bent down until she saw a guard and then asked for the directions to the exit. After hearing nothing but laughter from the other, she craned her neck upward only to find the sign saying 'exit.' " Gosh, I'm such a loser." She covered her now blushing face with her hands. Still, she was thankful for her sister krystal, that she had managed to move to her own flat in a week. To the older of the two, Krystal had always been a baby. And when news came that she would be moving to Seoul permanently to live with her girlfriend, she couldn't get anymore delusional.

"That short-haired, boy-faced llama better take care of my baby Jung or else she is really gonna get it from me." Jessica said her eyes set stone-cold and piercing.

Leaving her family for only a week, and feeling so homesick despite that fact, she wondered how the strong-willed Krystal managed to stay alone in a different country for so many years. "She is stronger than I thought..." Jessica said, a smile now gracing her once frowning thin lips.

She proceded to unpack her things and belongings, carelessly tossing out the clothes out of their suitcases.

 

"Well, fixing that can be put off till tomorrow..." she nodded at the thought.

She decided to take a shower,lathering herself in the lavender scented body wash and feeling herself relax at the scent. 

She then proceeded back to her room. Wearing her favorite pink-colored pyjamas, her hair wrapped up in a towel, she grabbed herself a bottle of water and gulped its contents quickly. "I must be so thirsty that I'm starting to get hungry." She pouted.

She leaned her body against the windowsill, momentarily enjoying the silence as she can clearly hear the soft pitter-patter of the rain in winter, reminding her that she took a big step forward.

And there is no more turning back.

"All right, Jessica Jung ,you've made it this far, so i guess you could do it." She said quite unsure of herself.

She messed up her slightly wet hair, groaning in the process.

"No scratch that. You are the best Jessica Jung, you can do it!"

"Yeah, it sounds better already!" She cheered happily to herself.

"Tomorrow, ill enter into S.M. Corp and find myself a job as a writer. From there, my life would change." She said.

"~~~" Then, her stomach rumbled.

"Hmmm.. anything else can wait but this, right?" She affirmed as she rubbed her flat stomach.

"I better go fix something to eat." She headed down the kitchen, wore her apron, tied her hair in a loose bun and started boiling water in the kettle.

Then she chuckled as she leaned on the counter and reached for her phone.

"Geez, who am I kidding?" She said as she dialled some buttons and waited with bated breath.

"hello?" came the response on the other end of the line.

"hello... cheongdam-dong food delivery service?...hmm.. I'd like one bowl of jjajangmyun.... one order of sweet and sour chicken.......

 

A.N: so yeah, the first part is about the plot of the book she is writing, and the books will change once the season in the said story changes. So for now, it's winter kkk.

As always thanks for reading! Comment your opinions below ^^