HOW STRONG HER LOVE IS

CARPE DIEM: MOMENTS SHARED WITH YOU

"There I was, cold, isolated, and desperate for something I knew I couldn't have.

A solution. A remedy. Anything.

...I hated it. Alone and confused was the last place I wanted to be. 

Somehow I knew I deserved this."

-Brian Krans, A Constant Suicide

Yuri felt weak. was parched, she didn't know how she would act at this moment. 'Does everything end here? Do I greet her? Will she notice me? Should I act like nothing ever happened? What now, Kwon! Think. Think. Think!' Going back to the office to work had been really stressful for Yuri. Problem is, she didn't know how she would face her certain icy-cold co-worker after what she did two nights before. Running her fingers through her tousled hair, moments of the kiss kept on lingering within her, the effects remaining in her system. With a flushed face, she shook the thoughts away to no avail. 'Aisshh! Kwon Yuri! Now is not the time, really-'

The sound of heels clanking on the tiles broke her out of her reverie. "H-hi Jessi-" 

 

 

 

"Annyeong Sica!" Came a squeal follwed by a bear hug from behind.

 

 

 

The midget. Yuri groaned and went back to her seat, her cheeks flared up from embarrassment. 

 

 

 

 

"H-hi, Yuri." She shoot a glance upward after hearing the familiar voice only to find the auburn haired woman, her hand raised up in an attempt for an awkward wave, her head bent down as she bit her lip. 

 

 

 

"Hi." Yuri smiled. This day wasn't so bad after all.

 

 

 

 

"Sica... I've missed you so much, you know that?" Whined Taeyeon. "Don't you miss me at all?"

"I do. Taengoo-yah. I do." Jessica said as she smiled, her eyes crinkling up as she pinched Taeyeon's nose.

"Then talk to me more, Sica... I'm getting jealous here..." the words only came as mumbles. But Jessica heard it. And it made a huge tint of pink course through her cheeks.

"Mhmmmm. Then let's get going, Taengoo.. I'm all yours today." Jessica said with a smile.

She was appreciated after all. She was needed. 

"Jinjja? Sica is mine today. Sica is mine. Mine. Mine. Mine!" Taeyeon sang as she dragged a shy and flustered Jessica along to her office. "Let's go and talk in the office Sica. I have a lot to tell you." Taeyeon said cheekily as a small smile was hinted in Jessica's face.

"Oh and Sica?" Taeyeon said as she suddenly stopped, Jessica's nose hitting the back of Taeyeon's head.

"Owowow...." Sica groaned as she rubbed her nose. "Hmmmm?"

"Since you are mine for the day,  how 'bout we go on a date together for lunch?" Taeyeon said as she scratched the back of her neck and looked at her feet.

Several ooohs and aaahhhhs were heard from the office. To make everything worse, Sooyoung stood up and gave a hard pat to each of their shoulders.

"I think someone's getting laid soon~"

"Yah!" 

"I-it's not like t-that."

"I know. Just kidding~" Sooyoung said with a shrug and left the room.

"So.. would you.. go out... with me?" Taeyeon asked her with hopeful eyes. 

Looking to her side, Jessica felt a certain someone boring holes at her with her stares.

'Sica. Say no. Say no.' Yuri thought as she bit her lips hard, slightly tasting the blood from her cracked lips.

'Is there something wrong with Yuri? Is she sick? What's-' a certain clearing of throat brought Jessica back to reality.

"Of course I'd love to Taengoo~" Jessica said with a smile.

"So... it's a date...?"

"Ummmhmmm... it's a date." Jessica affirmed as she put an arm around Taeyeon and walked with her to the office.

 

 

' it.' Yuri thought. 'I spoke too soon.'

 

Outside the office, a loud clanking of heels followed by an annoyed 'Tch.' was heard.

-

Tiffany was mad. Angry. Gripping her wallet with the tickets to a free buffet meal for two in hand, she thought about why Taeyeon didn't invite her. Why she took a step slower. Why she was always behind Jessica for Taeyeon's attention. Hate? She didn't hate Jessica. And she was sure of that. Growing up as a Korean-American in the country and depending on herself for everything, she couldn't help containing her happiness and excitement when news of another Korean-American was to be employed. Heck, she pleaded the boss to let her in the company. So.. she doesn't hate her... right?

But jealousy, she thought. Jealousy is another matter. She didn't know why seeing her Tae-Tae with Jessica made her feel small. Insecure. Like she was worth nothing. Like no matter how hard she tries, how much she style her hair, how much makeup she put on, she is still behind. Always behind. She doesn't like the way 'Tae-Tae' had another nickname, an endearment just for the two of them.

 

She didn't like the ring of the name. How 'Taengoo' rolls off her tongue.

 

She didn't like how Taeyeon gives Jessica backhugs like what she did to her nights before.

 

She didn't like how Jessica was girlfriend material; while she was bestfriend material.

 

The sound of hard tapping broke her thought bubble.

 

Yuri.

 

She was as impatient as she was.

 

 

She was as worried as she was.

 

 

She could probably understand her.

 

 

Perhaphs, she had been the one... all along. Tiffany knew she had to give this a chance. 

 

 

Walking in the office building and passing all the other workers, she went near to Yuri's desk.

 

"Hi Yuwree~" she said, her voice an inkling of huskiness in it. 

 

"A-anyeong, Fany-ah." Heat crept up to Yuri's ear.

 

A grin broke into Tiffany's face.

 

 

"How does lunch sound for you, hmmm?" Tiffany said as she handed the ticket to Yuri. "My treat."

 

 

-

Tiffany and Yuri sat at the corner of the restaurant, just by the window where you can see people bustling accross the streets, store owners opening up shop, and the famous bookstore crowded with students. Struggling to fight of a yawn, Yuri looked accross her, and talked with Tiffany. From her work, to the people, her favorite pets. But something about Tiffany at that moment bothers her. Spaced out, perhaphs? But she knew it was something she couldn't put a finger to.

-

Entering the famous cafe, Jessica and Taeyeon sat near the edge of the restaurant, a table for two.

 

Romantic. One word to describe it if you ask Taeyeon.

 

Still, Taeyeon didn't know why she felt so flustered with Jessica. 

'Does she feel the same?' 

 

 

 

Classic. One word to describe it if you ask Jessica.

 

 

What Jessica didn't know is how she felt so comfortable around Taeyeon.

'Does she feel the same?' 

 

Signaling the waiter over, they decided to take their order. Lunch time is short, after all and they won't be spending their time by merely staring at each other.

-

The cafe. The Restaurant. 

 

Two different places.

 

One owner.

 

Victoria Song

 

The restaurant has stood for more than 20 years after it had been passed down from generation to generation. The first owner, James Song, decided that the Cafe and Restaurant would be placed side by side, and all the walls made with glass panes so as people from both sides can see each other. Just like how he met his wife- 

'.' Tiffany thought as she shut the menu book after reading the restaurant's history on the cover.

No wonder she saw Taeyeon.

And this won't be like 'meeting his wife and happily ever after.'

 

This is watching in agony; this is rooted to your spot not being able to do anything. This is torture.

 

Stealing quick glances through the glasses into the cafe, she only managed small nods and "ummmhmmm's" for Yuri.

 

"This day won't be great after all." Yuri huffed.

-

Working overtime wasn't one of Yuri's plans. But seeing Jessica work overtime as she bid everyone goodbye made her want to stay back and wait. Making the slight drizzle of rain as an excuse of working overtime, she managed to let the others leave first. And although the silence between the two is so thick, she didn't care. She actually found it slightly comfortable. 

With the clock ticking 9:00 pm, and the rain getting heavier by the minute, Yuri decided to call it a day. 

 

She followed Jessica to the basement, where her own car was parked. 

 

"Hey Sica, do you want a ride? I'll take you home." Yuri said her head throbbing wildly at the thought.

 

"I'm sorry, Yuri-"

 

"Sica, you look so tired... come...I'll take you home like I promised. Princess."

"W-well Yuri-ah. I've got to get going. See you tomorrow." Jessica said awkwardly as she walked away, with Taeyeon's hand holding hers.

 

Yuri stood rooted to her spot, as she saw the car drive away.

 

She walked over to her own car.

 

"Stupid car!" She mumbled. "I've worked overtime just to see that?" " Stupid Volkswagen beetle. If only you were a chevy. Like Taeyeon's. Stupid rain. Stupid Sica. Stupid midget. Stupid prin-cess." Yuri grumbled as she kicked her car and opened the door. With a loud 'thud', the door was shut. Starting her engine, she drove off.

'I guess I'm always last... huh?'

-

Tiffany walk briskly, here steps wavering. Holding her umbrella tightly against the blowing wind and clutching on her purse, she let out a silent chuckle for her stupidity. On why she had to wait. Everything wasn't going well. And her 6 inch stilletos didn't help. Inching her way across a bench, she sat down and decided to wait for the rain stop. Heck if things won't go the way she wants it to be, then she's gotta make a compromise. With cars busy bustling through, hailing for a pickup seemed impossible. Still, she stood up, and despite hating the idea, stretched her arms out and raised her thumb in a 'good job' fashion. 

 If hitch hiking is what she needs to do to get herself home, then what choice does she have?

Striking her thumb out a bit further, and stretching her arms more, she felt so sore. And no one bothers to help. She then proceeded to the first three, in her blouse. Standing cold in the rain, with her cleavage exposed, heck she wasn't used to that. "Frack. Is my appeal really that low for even anyone to pick me up?" But what she wasn't used to, is not getting any attention. Taeyeon used to give all of it to her. Taeyeon used to spoil her. Taeyeon used to 'baby-sit' her. Used to. Now, she wasn't quite sure of anything anymore. All their talks where either about Jessica or work. Never, " Fany-ah, are you hungry?" or, "Come here, you big mushroom. Tae-tae misses you a lot. Can't she have a bear hug?"

Taeyeon. She used to always talk in third person. And Tiffany always found it adorable. Without noticing, warm tears started pouring down her cheeks, she missed Taeyeon. She knew she does. But Taeyeon never thought of her at least once, did she? A bitter smile escaped her lips. She trudged down the sidewalk alone.

 

 

Behind her, headlights flashed brightly.

 

 

 

A loud honk.

 

 

She blinked. 

 

 

 

Loud screeching of brakes.

 

 

 

"Hey Fany-ah, wanna ride?" 

 

 

Yuri.

 

Tiffany quickly wiped her tears and turned around. "Ahh, Yuri-ah it's fine. I like it here." Tiffany said with her trademark eye-smile. 

'Liar. You hate the rain, mushroom.'

 

"Well, you don't look so fine to me, Hwang Miyoung. C'mon Fany-ah. I'm not leaving until you get yourself in here. Besides, I don't want to be rejected again." The last words came as a mumble.

Tiffany smiled. "Alright, I'll take your offer, Mr. Prince charming." she said as she sat on the passenger's seat.

"And Fany-ah?"

"Hmmm?"

"You should smile more. Crying doesn't suit you. You seriously look like a panda with those swollen eyes of yours." Yuri said with a grin.

And just like that, Tiffany felt her heart do flips.

 

Perhaphs this is it. Perhaphs Yuri is the one for her after all. Tiffany smiled, warmly this time as she let her tears flow freely for the first time.

"F-fany-ah, d-did I do something-"

 

Everything went silent. Only the low humming of the car engine and the soft buzz of the late night radio program could be heard as Tiffany placed her lips upon Yuri's cheek, silencing the latter. 

"Thank you, Yuri." she breathed out, as she pulled the other for a hug. "Thank you."

-

The car stopped in front of Jessica's house, with the rain batting loudly against the car roof. Krystal, her sister went out after hearing the sound of engine. Grabbing an umbrella, she walked to the gate only to see her sister with someone else.

"Whew. Never knew my sister was that smooth with women. Really sis, your date is hawt!" She said with a smirk.

"Jung Soojung!" Jessica raised her voice, probably flustered at how her lil sis had treated her boss.

"Y-you think so?" Taeyeon said scratching her nape.

"Hands down." Krystal said as she raised an eyebrow at her sister.

"Taengoo~ not you too." Jessica whined.

"Ha! I never knew you were that fast in calling each other nicknames. Well, that's a good start. Next time, try calling each other baby."

"Yah! Yah! Yaaah!"

"Bwo! Bwo! Bwoooh!" Krystal teased back.

"Tch." Jessica let out. 

"Anyways, Taeyeon, do you want to stay for dinner?"

"You can stay forever!" Krystal shouted as she proceeded to go back in. 

"Stupid. Immature brat." Jessica muttered.

"I heard that sis! Love ya!" 

"Arrghgh! I'm so so sorry about that. My sister is just-"

"It's okay. She's fine, really. Anyways, it's getting late. I'll just drop off sometime."

 

 

 

"Ummm. I can't convince you to stay, can I?" Jessica said as she bit her lip.

 

 

 

'Thump. Thump. Thump.' at that moment, Taeyeon knew those heart beats meant something.

"Y-you can, Sica." Taeyeon said as she gulped down her fears, the pit of her stomach crumbling.

"W-what?"

"Y-you can make me stay." She repeated, this time, she leaned closer to Jessica. Jessica closed her eyes, feeling Taeyeon's warm breath fanning her face.

'Why does this...' Taeyeon glued their foreheads together.

'remind me so much of you...' Taeyeon caressed her cheeks, and she leaned in closer, accepting the warmth.

"Yuri." 

"Huh?"

"N-nothing. I'im sorry." Jessica said as she broke off from Taeyeon's hold, and distanced herself quite a bit too much for Taeyeon's liking.

"Sica-"

"I-I better get going-" 

 

 

 

 

 A sudden grab for her wrist.

 

 

 

 

 

"I love you."

 

"What? Y-you're joking... right? T-taeyeon-ah, this is not funny."

Taeyeon let out a bitter chuckle. "What- what happened to Taengoo, Sica?" Jessica stopped in her tracks. She felt guilty. She didn't even do anything wrong. Taeyeon leaned dangerously close to her, her lips brushing Jessica's ear. Jessica whimpered at the feeling. Taeyeon leaned further, burying her face on the crook of Jessica's neck, inhaling the familiar scent as she held Jessica tightly against her.

"J-just hear me out, Sica. Just this once. I- I can't hold myself anymore. I hate that I can't. I hate that I like your pouts. I hate that I like it when you bite your lips. I hate that I like it when you whine to me. I don't know what's happening too, Sica." Taeyeon said as tears started to wet Jessica's shirt. Jessica wanted to reach out. She wanted to comfort her. 

 

But. 

 

 

But something is still holding her back. Somehow, knowing that someone loves her should be enough. Somehow, she thought, that's what she had always wanted from the start.

 

Taeyeon's voice cut through her thoughts. Her voice. Jessica loved hearing that before. How soothing it sounds as it rings in her ear. But she couldn't bear hearing those words now.

 

 

 

 

 

And what hurt her more, is that she couldn't stop it.

 

 

"S-sica. I know that our date was not the most romantic first date ever." 

 

 

 

 

 

"And this car is not the most romantic place to say it."

 

 

 

 

 

 

"And that I am not the most romantic person in this world."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"But Sica, I love you. And I think that I will  continue to fall for you, deeper, each time."

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Will you give this pabo a chance of loving you, Jung Sooyeon?" 

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica didn't know why.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hearing that made her heart race. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But it just wasn't enough.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It just wasn't the same.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A small sigh escaped her lips as she ran her fingers through Taeyeon's hair.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'You've been there for me when I needed you.'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'Now, I'll be here for you, Taengoo-yah.'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'Even if it means giving yourself up?'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'Even if it means giving myself up.'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'Your happiness?'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'She made me feel happy.'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'You know it's not true.'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'I know nothing anymore. But I wont leave her alone. I'm sure of that.'

 

 

 

 

 

 Jessica decided at last. No more questions. No more doubts.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'I won't hurt you, Taeyeon. I promise.' 

 

 

 

 

The last words were engraved in her mind as she looked at Taeyeon and held her hand.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'Now, Sica. All you've got to do is say yes.'

-

 

 

 

 A.N: What do you think would happen? Should Sica say yes? Cause I'm feeling bad for Taengoo....:( i just might make her do it*wink*

Haha please do subscribe upvote or comment! See you in the next update everyone! 

-shizu