BREATHE

CARPE DIEM: MOMENTS SHARED WITH YOU

 

A.N. : Hi everyone! Another update here! I know it's been quite a while since i've last updated, so here it is! hope you enjoy♡

 

"But hold your breath

Because tonight will be the night that I will fall for you

Over again

Don't make me change my mind

Or I won't live to see another day

I swear it's true

Because a girl like you is impossible to find

You're impossible to find."

-Fall for You, Secondhand Serenade

Yuri's POV

"Namaste." I greeted her with a bow, my hands clasped together. 

"Namaste." She greeted back, a small smile playing on her lips as her eyes bore on to me before continuing, "Are you ready to start the class?"

Entering the room, the faint smell of wood, and air freshener filled my nostrills. Taking another whiff, I caught the scent of cinnamon. I always liked that smell. She must have purposely done it for me, then. Taking off my shoes and socks, I placed them on the rack. I slowly took in my surroundings, my mind starting to finally be at ease. With our hectic business schedules, I haven't been here for two long months. Everything feels new, nostalgic. At least here I can breathe. Something I can't do at work. Something I can't do when I'm with her.

"You didn't wear your makeup today, Yuri. I can totally see your eye bags hanging off your peepers." Her voice interrupted me from my thoughts.

"Oh? Umm yeah. Yeah I didn't. I mean, its all gonna run down when I sweat right? So I didn't bother. Besides, no one's gonna see."

"But it's disturbing." She replied. "Your eyes have sunken in, you know, I'm really worried. You must have a lot on your mind for you to come see me, Kwon."

"Yup. Busy with workload and all that. I know you don't mind me not caking my face up with foundation, seonsaengnim. Besides, only you get to see me like this. Be more grateful."

"Arasso. Arasso." She said complete with an eye roll. Tying up her hair, she led me to the nearest mat. 

"By the way," She added, her eyes scrutinizing my body." What's with the bruises? And....are those....whip marks? You're not into...I mean...your still young, you shouldn't do that, Yuri-ah." She said awkwardly, and I can tell she's thinking of the apprpriate word to say.

"No, unnie. If that's what your thinking, I'm not into kink." I gave her a slight push.

"Good then. So where did you get it from? I mean, you don't usually get lashed out by a whip, Kwon. Gun shots, fine. Cuts, sure. But whips? Not on my dictionary."

"Well in mine it does." I sat down on a mat and started stretching. "Long story short, I got into a fight with a ert and got hit. There is a gun shot wound, see?" I pointed at the mark. I wouldn't want her to think I'm dating dirty old men after all.

Yes. I have been having yoga lessons ever since forever. But this one's different. She's a close friend so we always have one-on-one lessons. Only she gets to see me like this. Only she gets to see me bare, and weak, but she doesn't talk about it. She just leads me to the mat and starts doing different poses, that nearly broke my spine when I first started. 

"Inhale, exhale. Inhale. Exhale." Her voice echoed in my ears, as I followed her pace.

Breathe.

"Let's start with the Laghu Vajrasana. Remember that?"

"Ummhmm. That hurt a lot the first time." I recalled as I took deep breaths and arched my back, slowly but surely, my head tilted way back. 

"Now, put the crown of your head closer to the mat." She instructed. Sweat beads kept on trickling down my forehead as I followed her, her voice, a distant lullaby ringing in my ears.

Breathe.

"Maintain the pose for a full minute, Yuri."

"Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale."

 

Breathe.

I had to do something to relieve myself. I had to breathe. I had to shake her away from my thoughts. I had to go away. 

 

Because she has Taeyeon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And she can't have both, can she?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So someone has to leave.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And that person's gonna have to be me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Because. Just because. We didn't have anything in the first place. And it would be selfish to want her. Not when someone confessed first.

 

 

 

 

 

"Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. 30 more seconds and you're done." Her words came as mumbles.

 

Breathe in. Hold it. 

 

"I found Jessica to be acting different these days. I know we were not the us we used to be. The friendly banters, heated exchanges, they were all gone. But ever since the day Tiffany was caught up with that effing scammer, she hasn't been talking. Not to me. Not to Taeyeon. I saw how Taeyeon tries to please her, but she wouldn't budge. Giving away excuses for every single invitation for lunch. Does that mean she doesn't like the midget? Does that mean I stand a chance?"

 

 

"Alright, Yuri! Let me help you get back to normal position." She said, her cheerful voice cutting through my thoughts as she supported my back, and helped me sit up, the thoughts in my mind quickly brushing off in the process. There was no room for more expectations. Because what they had was probably just a love fight. And they would get over it. Just like how I would do the same with my feelings.

"Seriously, you dozed off for quite a while, Kwon." She said as she flicked my forehead.

"Ouch! What was that for?"

"For not paying attention. And you stink."

"It's alright."

"And you're sweaty."

"You're used to it."

"And you have hair under your belly button."

"I know you like it."

Another flick.

"Ouch! Seonsaengnim~" I whined continuously while rubbing at a sore spot on my forehead. From the corner of my eye, I could see her face turn really red. Did all the blood go to her head from the last pose? I don't know. Fanning my face using my hands, I continued, " Really, Chaerin unnie, if you weren't one of my super duper bestest friends, I wouldn't let you flick me just like that." Seriously, the heat from the room made me start to feel dizzy.

"What did you say?"

 

"I'll let you flick my poor little forehead anytime you want, unnie~" Yuck. Aegyo is not really my style.

 

"That's better, slave." She said with a smirk.

I grinned back. Somehow, she makes me feel at ease. If not for her being totally smitten for Dara unnie, I would have hit on her. This poor little one-sided first crush of mine. Stupid puppy love. But she's never gonna know now. Too much of an ego boost to her. 

 

"Let's do the next pose, shall we?"

 

"I'm up for it."

 

"Inhale. Exhale." Those words again. She proceeded to lift her body with her arms, and bent her back. Simply amazing, how she could make difficult things look easy. Maybe that's why I started to fall for her in the first place. 

"Now, this," she said with an air of confidence, "is what you call an eight-angle pose."

 

"Crap. That's hard."

 

"No cursing in the room." She said sternly.

 

"Sorry." I said meekly. "Help me?" 

 

"Alright, kiddo. Let master teach you." Tch. That confidence she brings with her sometimes is just too much. It's practically oozing boast juice. If there was anything like that. Do we get to buy supplements for that?

"Hey you piece of charcoal. Don't space out. Spazzing over me is not allowed. See here?" Chaerin-unnie said as she pointed at her toned stomach.

"Dara's property. FOR DARA'S USE ONLY. Got it?" I crinkled my nose in disgust. Did she just give me a hint on her life? Blech. 

"Let's get this over with teach."

"Seonsaengnim!"

"N-ne.. seonsaengnim. You scared me unnie! What's the difference anyway?"

"I just want to see you all scared like that."

"Sadistic." I said with my tongue sticking out.

A smirk. Her eyes teasing.

"But I bet you're sooo whipped by Dara unnie." 

"What?!"

"N-nothing unnie." Crap she's scary.

"Get into position. Now! You little piece of s-"

"Oops. No cursing. Unnie." I said with a smile.

"Sh-"

"Ah-ah-ah~ andwae-yo."

"Tch."

I smiled again. This time a lot more sincere. Chaerin unnie never fails to make me smile. I'm glad I could lean on her. She looked at me. And smiled back.

We broke into fits of laughter. We were always like that. Laughing for no apparent reason. 

"You look awkward with your smile, unnie."

"Dara loves it. She calls it smexy."

"Everything is Dara-unnie, huh?"

"Ummhmmm. Someday you'll find yours too. And when that time comes, I bet I'll be hearing a lot about him." She said

I looked at her, a small smile on my lips.

"Or her." She mumbled. Did I hear it right? She never knew I swing for the other team... right?

 

-

"Now Yuri, Inhale. Exhale. Let's end this class with the Savasana."

"Ne. Unnie." We layed flat on the mat. I closed my eyes and relaxed my tense muscles. My heart was beating quickly in my chest.

 

Breathe.

Savasana. The part I liked best. It was the most quiet. The part where I get to think. During these moments, random thoughts frequently enter my mind. Laying there motionless, I stayed thinking about everything back at the office.

 

Breathe.

Sooyoung and Yoona are still a shikshin, as always.

 

Breathe.

The girl at the bar... Hyoyeon? We should talk some time. She seems knowledgeable about these stuffs. Dating seems her forte.

 

Breathe.

Tiffany. The girl I like. The girl who was always there for me. The girl who was near yet distant. I probably should give this a chance again.

 

Breathe.

Taeyeon. She's good. Seems kind. She can take care of the princess well. I'll leave her to you, shortie boss.

 

Breathe.

Jessica. Jessica. My mind turned blank at the thought of her. What is there to think about? Oh yeah, it's almost her birthday.

 

 

 

And I haven't even gotten her a gift yet.

 

 

 

What kind of a friend am I?

 

 

No wonder I always lose.

 

 

Present... present.... what should I give her? 

 

 

Those were the only things running in my mind as I continued to lay there and breathe.

 

 

As I continued to try and forget.

 

 

Life goes on Kwon Yuri.

 

 

 

With or without her.

 

 

 -

A.N: Well, hope you like the new update:) i dont really know if this chap was good haha. Please do comment your thoughts:)

Expect more drama in the future updates! It would probably get better:) Love you all, readers♡

-shizu