Twenty Seven

You're Annoying !!

“Sehun please, stop pouting and eat your meal. Class will start in ten” Chanyeol rolled her eyes the person beside him. Unfortunately for Sehun, he wasn’t able to be with his girl for a week because she had to visit her sick grandmother in Busan. The boy had been sulky the past three days because of the girl absent.

“How can you expect me to eat? I have lost my appetite” Sehun threw the chopsticks on the table and push the tray away from him.

Namjoo rolled her eyes “It’s not that she’s leaving forever. It’s just for a week. She will comeback after 7 days”

“7 days is like 7 years to me!” Sehun exclaimed with a scoff. Everyone at the table shook their heads at his childish action.

“Let him be, he will be okay after staring at her pictures” Naeun chuckled, remembering Hayoung’s pictures he put in his locker, wallet, phone wallpaper and also textbooks she saw after he is dating her.

“That will not satisfy me” Sehun rolled his eyes

“There’s nothing you can do you anyway. Eat up, you don’t want her to see you looking like a zombie after a week right” Suho told him, pushing the tray back to the boy and forced him to hold the chopsticks.

“Oh my god” Sehun gasped dramatically “Hayoungie can’t see me in such a fragile state, she will get worry and cry” He faked a sniff and shoved a meat into his mouth, munching it eagerly.

Now, it was the other’s turn to roll their eyes.

“I’m done with this kid” Kris mumbled and Bomi who heard him giggled.

“Hey Baek” D.O called the name as he remembered something.

“Hm?” The latter response, everyone seemed interested for their conversation so they were now focusing on them EXCEPT Eunji.

“I heard your parents are coming back next week” D.O stated and Baekhyun only nodded in response. Eunji secretly glanced at him, she knew about it since her mom told her this morning.

“Aren’t you excited? You’re gonna meet your parents soon. How long it had been since I meet your mom? Two and half month?” Chen grinned, showing his excitement purposely at Eunji. Once again, Baekhyun nodded in response.

“Ahh~ I miss Aunt Byun” Sehun cooed dreamily

“What about your Hayoungie?” Tao raised an eyebrow and Sehun’s lips curled downward again at the mentioned of his girl.

“Great , you’re making him pouting again” Xiumin rolled his eyes at Tao. Tao was about to protest when someone interrupted.

“Are you guys close with Baekhyun’s mom?” Chorong asked in curiosity as she eyes the boys. They bobbed their head like a children in response.

“She is just like Eunji’s mother actually” Lay chuckled “Pretty active and loving”

“But a little bit clumsy” Luhan added

“Seem like you know her well” Namjoo said, interested in the topic.

“We do, she’s like our second mother. The Chinese boys would often come over to the house to eat when they are hungry” Suho told. The Chinese members were living together, so sometimes it would be one of who would cook or they will just eat take out.

“I would like to meet her” Naeun’s eyes sparkled

“You should, she’s pretty excited when it comes to new people” Kai chuckled, remembering the first time he met Baekhyun’s mother, she scold they boys who touched the cake she specially made for him.

“Eunji have you ever meet Baekhyun’s mom? Both of your parents are friends right?” Bomi asked Eunji who had a bored face since earlier. She turned to face Bomi and simply shook her head. She never knew her parents were friends with Baekhyun’s before he moved in to their house.

“If your parents are coming next week, isn’t that mean you’re going to stop staying in Eunji’s house?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun, but the latter just gave a silent nodded, disappointed and sad at the thought of moving to his house again. He missed his room, he missed his parents, he missed everything in his house but staying away from Eunji…

Truth that he will keep seeing her since in school and they would surely have recess together, but he will be longing for her sleeping face, her usual poker face that he always saw the first thing in the morning and their small bickering. He will miss everything about her.

“Baekhyun you okay?” He felt someone touched his arms and looked to his side to see Chanyeol’s worried face. He nodded weakly and continued to eat his meal.

 

A knock on her door was heard when she was about to lie down on her bed after finishing her homework. As much as she was lazy to open the door, she still did it since she didn’t want to act rude towards the person on the other side of the room.

Without wondering who it was, she opened the door with a slightly annoyed look. Eyes widened when she saw Baekhyun standing there, wearing a red hoodie to cover his wet hair.

“What do you want?” She didn’t mean to sound rude but... oh well she failed.

“I—“ He cleared his throat “I just want to talk to you, if you have time” he mumbled the last part, but Eunji could still heard him so she opened the door wider to let him enter.

Baekhyun blinked his eyes rapidly at her action. She wouldn’t easily let him entered her room, but right she did. No complaint, no rolling eyes and no yelling, just action that made Baekhyun’s amused.

“Are you going to enter or not?” At that, he quickly stepped into her room while she closed the door. “Sit” She demanded, pointing at the chair placed at her study table. He obeyed as told.

Eunji sat on the edge of her table that faced him, so now, they were staring into each other eyes without uttering a word before he finally decided to speak.

“I’m leaving after 3 days”

“I know”

Silence, the only sound echoed in the room is the clock ticking and their steady breath.

“Have you packed your things?” Eunji asked 

“I decided to do it tomorrow” He answered, and she just gave give a slight nod.

 Silence again

“I’m going to miss you” Baekhyun breathed out and watched her reaction. Nothing, as expected. “It’s a shame, I didn’t get your answer yet”

“You never ask” She simply stated

“Do you have the answer if I ask you right now?”

“No”

Baekhyun smiled “I will keep waiting then” he stood up from his seat and decided to leave her room. Eunji didn’t seem to have the mood to talk so he didn’t want to disturbed her. He knew what time she usually dozed off, yet he decided to wake her up, just talk to her. He didn’t want to waste time to be with her.

“Good night” He told and turned his heels around when he heard her spoke

“I—“ He faced her “I—I’m—“ She stuttered and she hit her head lightly for that. Baekhyun went to kneel in front of her to stop her action by grabbing both of her wrists.

“No need to force thing for me to feel good. I want to hear it out from your own heart” He told and released his hands from her wrists only to place it on her cheeks. “I’m not going to force you to do things. I’m here to help you, to lead you” He said with genuine smile plastered on his face and Eunji almost choked up, but she bit her lower lips to prevent herself from crying.

“There’s the time when I ask you again about the confession, that time, when I know you have realized your own feeling towards me” He spoke softly

“I don’t like you” She snapped, shoving his hands away

Baekhyun could only chuckle “Of course, stubborn as always” Eunji didn’t retort nor reply back, she also knew that she was stubborn. She could never deny that one fact about her.

“You should sleep now” He flicked her forehead earning a glare from her, but he simply ignored her and stood up.

A ‘goodnight’ was heard before the door of her room shut. She sighed and threw her body on the bed, causing it to slightly bounce.

“What am I going to do?”

 

Two days had past and the day Baekhyun will move out is tomorrow. He had spent time as long as he wanted with Eunji, like waking her up in the middle of the night and asked her to do ramen, spending their after-school time in a café and have some chat or annoyed her like he always did. But Eunji never argued about it, surprisingly she obeyed what he wanted to do.

The boys seemed to know Baekhyun’s reasons of sticking to her for the past two days, so they let them having their time alone sometimes except for Chen though.

“Dude, it’s not like you’re going to move out of the country. Your house is just a few kilometers from her”

“I’m going to miss her. It will be different when I wake up the next morning to see my parents’ faces instead of hers” Baekhyun pouted, resting his chin on the table as he eyed his friends.

“You’re being over dramatic” Chen rolled his eyes.

“You’re just jealous that she won’t spent time with you” Baekhyun made a face and everyone snickered at that.

“Puh-lease”

“But Baek, did you notice her change?” Chanyeol asked and the latter blinked in response, didn’t get what his friend trying to say.

“Yeah, she smiles more often than she did” Suho said

“Replying our question more than one sentence” D.O nodded

“Really?” Baekhyun turned to asked, surprised of what he was hearing. Did Eunji really change? Why he didn’t notice it? She did obeyed what he wanted to do but she still acted cold towards him.

“Uhm…Bomi told me this morning she offered to help Hayoung with her assignment, which she, The Jung Eunji never do that” Chanyeol pointed out

“Hayoung told me about it too, no wonder she tells me about that smallest thing” The youngest nodded. Hayoung was like she had seen a ghost, frightened yet confused when she told him about it.

Baekhyun was in his deep though. What makes her change? Him?

Baekhyun’s lips curled upwards into a wide grin “I’m leaving” Without hearing any response, he dashed out of the cafeteria, leaving his confused friends behind.

“Where is he going?” Tao blinked rapidly at the sudden action

“Probably finding Eunji noona” Kai nonchalantly shrugged

 

He ran towards the library at the first floor, slamming the door open earning a long speech from the librarian about ‘be silent in library”

 After he managed to escape from being in detention, he looked around the library to search for a certain person. His wondering everywhere until he saw a familiar figure at the corner of the library, staring out the window beside her.

“Hey” He approached as he slipped a seat across her. Eunji blinked before turning her attention towards him.

“What are you doing here?”

He didn’t answer her question and simply smiled before taking a seat beside her.

“Do you have a plan today?”

Eunji cocked her head the side as she thinks and Baekhyun swore if he could pinch her fluffy cheeks, he would. But Byun Baekhyun didn’t want to die young.

“I don’t” She answered after a few seconds of thinking, causing Baekhyun to snap out of his though pinching her chubby cheeks.

“Great. Meet me at the school gate after school” Baekhyun told

“Isn’t that what we always do everyday?” She raised an eyebrow and Baekhyun chuckled in embarrassment.

“Yeah, sorry…just…make sure you be there after school. Okay?” Baekhyun began to stand up from his seat and Eunji had to tilt her head to look at him.

“Why?” She asked but she got no response because he already matched towards the exit.

 

“Why do you take me here?” Eunji looked around the ice cream parlor as they stood in the queue.

“Because I want to” He simply answered

“Baekhyun”

He turned to face her “Just be a good girl for today okay? I just want to make some memories”

He just got a blink in as response. Baekhyun just chuckled and ruffled her hair. He then wrapped his arms around her neck to bring her head closer towards his firm chest. Eunji wanted to yell at him for his action but was interrupted by the staff who asked for their order.

“I would like strawberry flavored with cherries on top and this girl…” He turned to look at her.

“Just chocolate with sliced fruits as topping” Eunji told and the staff nodded before she went back inside to make their orders.

“Why are we doing this?” Eunji sighed as she removed the arms around her shoulders.

“I’m leaving tomorrow remember?” Yes, and thinking of it just make Eunji wanted to trap herself in her room for the whole night tonight.

“What it has to do with this?”

“Just consider this as my payback for making ramyeon in the middle of the night” He grinned.

“Here’s your order sir, that will be 10 000 won” Eunji helped Baekhyun hold the ice creams while took out his wallet to pay.

After they found a nice place to sit, Baekhyun pulled a chair for Eunji before making himself comfortable across from her.

“Will you miss me after I move out?” Was the thing he asked while watching the girl ate her ice cream. Eunji’s head snapped towards him in shock. She could hear her own heartbeat when he was gazing at her like that –so loving and sincere.

Eunji kept her head down after that and continued to eat. She secretly bit her lower lip as she was nervous of his question.

“Jung Eunji?”

“Shut up. You know the answer”

“So you will miss me?”

Eunji didn’t answer. Her silent was enough for him to get the clue and he was grateful.

“I can come to fetch you and we can go to school together if you want” He offered

“No need. I can go to school by myself”

“But you won’t be able to see me”

“The hell I care”

“Oh believe me Ji, you will” Baekhyun smirked as he leaned closer towards her face, folded arms on the table. The table was small so it was easier for Baekhyun to get closer. “You will miss everything about me, my voice, my annoying attitude, my hugs and also my heart. You will miss it all Ji”

She was flustered but was trying so hard to hide it “No I won’t—“

There, a quick peck on her nose was what she got for being so stubborn. Baekhyun pulled away just enough to let her breath properly—or not—while staring at him with wide eyes, shocked from the sudden action.

“And you will miss my kiss too Jung Eunji” He whispered softly, brushing their nose together before he leaned away completely.

Eunji swallowed hard, she couldn’t even breath properly after what he had done. Byun Baekhyun made her heart beats like crazy right now, and she was worried that he could hear them.

Eunji is doomed, she realized something big. Like really BIG.