Twenty Three

You're Annoying !!

It had been a week since THAT night happened. Neither Eunji nor Baekhyun exchange words for the whole week except ‘Good morning’ whenever they had breakfast. All they gave is other is silent treatment. No one noticed it though, even Bomi and Chanyeol because they thought it was usual for both of them didn’t speak to each other.

These past week, Eunji, who never cared about almost-everything especially Byun Baekhyun, sometimes took glances at him. It was surprising how his little actions could made her smile (and slapped herself after that) like an idiot. It was surprising how the known Cold Princess Jung Eunji could act clumsy and blushing whenever he was around.

Jung Eunji was annoyed of how she didn’t act like herself. Heart racing? Blushing? Clumsy? That is not Jung Eunji at all.

She wanted to blame everything on him, for making her felt like a stupid fool, smiling and giggling all by herself and for making her heart beat faster than it should be. She would want to just stop her heartbeat so that she wouldn’t have to felt it

Maybe she just could kill him, with that, she wouldn’t have to secretly take glances at him anymore and smiled like an idiot. But the thought somehow made her sad. She didn’t want him to go.

“I’m going to go crazy” Eunji groaned as she buried her face in her folded arms. She was currently in the library during lunch, since she couldn’t stand it sitting a table with someone who made her heart beat goes boom bara boom the whole time.

“I see you are here again” She felt someone slide into the seat across from her. Without looking up, she already knew who he is.

“Leave me alone” She grumbled, face still buried in arms. Chen chuckled lightly at the girl.

“What happened to our cold princess? You sound moody? Is it that time of the month?” Chen teased, propping her elbow on the table while resting his chin on his fist.

Eunji looked up and narrowed her eyes at him “Shut up and get lost”

“That’s hurt you know, it’s rude to shooed someone like that”

“Well you know what? I don’t give a ” She snapped and went to bury her face once again.

“Language woman” He muttered, feeling slightly taken aback by her harsh words. But what can he do, she’s Jung Eunji “You can tell me if something bothered you”

It took a minute before he saw Eunji response by lifting up her head “I actually need that”

“Spill”

Eunji cleared and sat up properly “Well...how should I start this”

“Before you tell me, what is it about?” Chen frowned as he noticed Eunji’s uneasy self. She was never this nervous before.

“B-Baekhyun?” She answered, sounding unsure

“Baekhyun?” Chen repeated “What is it about Baekhyun that make you like this?”

Eunji played with her fingers under the table, looking everywhere but Chen “He’s kinda…you know…urm…he—“

“He confessed?” He cut her

“YES—Wait how did you know?”

Chen shrugged “Your action kinda hit me, I did noticed both of you didn’t argue for those past few days. It’s weird to see a couple who usually exchange yells at each other become so…distance and quiet”

“So you noticed. Amazing” She blinked in amaze

“I look stupid but I’m actually sharp you know. Baekhyun also didn’t talk much, he likes to be alone and sometimes I don’t know where his mind went to when we talked to him. He rarely gave response”

“He did?” Chen nodded

“I was aware of this to but instead of saying anything I’ll just keep quiet until both of you speak up”

“But I have another problem” She mumbled, looking out of the window, watching the soccer team practiced.

“What is it?” Chen raised an eyebrow, waiting for the girl to answer as he started with his assignment.   

“I’m not being myself”

“Means?”

Eunji turned towards him “Like you know, I didn’t care about the confession. I don’t really give a damn about the confession and I don’t want to but the scene keeps repeating in mind. I was going crazy. Why am I even being nervous around him?”

“How cute, you didn’t realize your own feeling yet Eunji” He told her, chuckling softly.

“I don’t understand” 

“It’s hard to explain the feeling Eunji, you have to felt it yourself. I bet you already felt it when you’re around him?” He tilted his head as he gave her a small smile.

“I don’t get it”

“Tell me what happened to your heart”

“It’s beating?” She mumbled “Not normally though”

“How do you felt when you see him?”

“I’m mad… and confuse…and also annoyed”

“Why?”

“Because he made my heart beats fast”

“Then do you know what is it mean?”

“What are you trying to say actually” Eunji almost became fed up, what was her heart had to do with Baekhyun anyway? She knew it because of him but what THAT mean? 

Chen let out a low sigh, gathering all his things “You’re innocent Eunji, have you ever like someone?”

“No, you and Baekhyun asked the same question”

“He did?” Chen chuckled “Well sorry for not helping much Eunji, but I can’t tell you what the heart-beating means. I’m not the one who should make you realize about your own feeling. Baekhyun is responsible for that”

“Can’t you just tell me?”

“No, either you have to confirm it yourself or Baekhyun will do that” Chen stool up, gathering the thing in his arms “I’ll get going now, I stopped by the cafeteria just now and Baekhyun seemed to look for you. Why don’t you go back and have your meal?”

“I want to be alone” She stated, laying her left cheek on the table, unfacing Chen.

“Annoyed of the heart beating thingy?”

She just hummed

“I will go first then, don’t let yourself hungry” Chen turned his heel to left when someone called his name. He turned around to face the back of Eunji’s head “What?”

“Thank you” She whispered

Chen smiled softly before nodding “You’re welcome”

 

“Where is Eunji?” Bomi asked as soon as Chen arrived at their usual table. Putting his things on the table, he slided into a seat next to her.

“She’s sleeping I guess, trying to clear up her mind from SOMETHING” He emphasized the last word and took a glance at Baekhyun who frowned deeply

“I should give a company” Bomi was about to stand up when Chen grabbed her arm, pulling her down again.

“She might get mad at you. Why don’t you leave her alone for a bit hm? She really needs some times alone” Chen said and Bomi unwillingly sat back on her seat, pouting.

“Since when did you become this close with her?” Suho asked, raising an eyebrow in suspicion.

“Since I found her sleeping in library almost every recess time?” Chen smiled innocently and thanked D.O who gave the tray of food for him.

“You don’t have a thing with her right?” Chorong narrowed her eyes at him

“Come on noona, she even knew I don’t like her” He laughed “I just want to be her friend. I might get beaten up if I have a thing with her”

“What do you mean? Someone likes her?” Chanyeol asked

“Of course, you know she has all the fanboys around her. It’s amazing how someone as cold as her also got fans. Right Baek?” Chen smirked, but only Baekhyun noticed that kind of smile.

“I’m done” Baekhyun suddenly stood up

“But you didn’t finish your meal yet” Kai blinked at his untouched food. Since Baekhyun was too immersed in his ow thought, he didn’t even bother to touch his food.

“I’m not hungry. I need to go now” With that, he left without someone stopping him.

“What’s with him? He acted weird these past few days don’t you think?” Xiumin tilted his head as he watched Baekhyun’s back exit the cafeteria.

“I know right” Sehun mumbled

While everyone was talking about how Baekhyun acting all weird and not being himself, Chen was sending a text to Baekhyun

From Chen

Your girl might need some helps with her feeling. She’s innocent I told you, and you are responsible for making her miserable buddy. Make her realize her own feeling okay? J

 

Baekhyun sighed after he read the text, unlocking his phone before putting it back in his pocket. He looked at the person beside him, who had sleep soundly with her cheek on her arm. She looked so innocent when she sleep, like a newborn baby.

He reached out a hand to caress her hair, then caressing her soft cheek with the back of his hand, feeling the softness on her skin. Baekhyun smiled genuinely.

“So you like me too, but you didn’t realize it hmm? I couldn’t blame you though, you never like someone in your life. Guess I have to make the move” He whispered, not to wake her up as he continued to feel the softness of her cheek.

“It’s weird to not argue with you for a day, I want your attention again Jung Eunji. Don’t ignore me, it’s hurt. I’m hurt” He told even though he knew she won’t answer. With a soft kiss he gave her on the forehead, he walked out the library, leaving her alone.

 

“COME ON CHANNIE OPPA YOU CAN IT!!” Bomi shouted as she cheered for Chanyeol and his team –Kai, Sehun, Kris, Lay,Tao and some other players.  The after-school activity pulled the attention of student to stay back after lesson. Their school basketball team will have a match with WOOLIM High who had been their rival since the school existed. Chanyeol and the rest were busy practicing to win the match so they could get to the final round.

“THAT’S IT SEHUN MAKE A SHOT!!” Bomi cheered again, without noticing that everyone’s attention was now on her because of her loud voice. Eunji who sat besides Bomi couldn’t even raise her head.

“YEAH HE GOT IT!!” She cheered and attacked Eunji with hug.

“Yoon Bomi!”

“Ops sorry, I get too excited” Bomi giggled and turned her attention again to the match. “Aren’t they cool?”

“This is Sehun fifth shot. That maknae is no joke” Xiumin chuckled

“Yeah, no wonder he got so many fans” Suho nodded, agreeing.

“I noticed he’s being so cocky today, I wonder why?” Luhan smirked, glancing at Hayoung who watch the match with full attention. The boys looked at the same direction as Luhan and grinned.

“Our maknae is growing up” Chen wiped off his ‘tears’ away

“OH ANOTHER SHOT KAI DAEBAK!!” Bomi’s voice caused the boys to turn their head towards Kai, who by now running towards his girl that was cheering and gave a quick peek on her cheek.

“Bomi low down your—“

“LAY OPPA MAKE A SHOT!!” This time Namjoo shouted, cutting off Eunji who is now frustrated. She jumped on her seat excitedly with Bomi as they both squealed.

“I can’t do this” Eunji groaned

“They are having fun, and it’s rare to see they girls so into basketball”

“Yeah yeah” Eunji sighed, agreeing on Chorong words nonchalantly.

 

“You guys are daebak!!” Bomi squealed while running towards the team—or Chanyeol and jumped up onto him, wrapping her neck around the latter.

“Y-yah, I…can’t breath” Chanyeol coughed hard and Bomi immediately pulled away from him.

“Ops” She giggled, receiving a light hit on the head from Chanyeol

“Hey guys, have fun watching us?”Kris asked as he wiped the sweat on his arms with clean cloth.

“Sunbaes are all so talented” Hayoung answered and Kris chuckled, ruffling her hair in response. And Sehun was behind him, watching them with burning eyes.

“Thank you, Sehun was helping a lot today. Right Sehun?” Sehun head snapped from Hayoung to Kris and nodded awkwardly.

“It’s nothing…really” Sehun rubbed the back of his neck shyly when he saw Hayoung was smiling at him

Chanyeol nudged his side lightly “Eyy don’t be like that Hun, you’re improving I swear” then winked at Hayoung “Right Hayoungie?”

Hayoung nodded eagerly “You got the most shots. I was surprised of your ability sunbae” she told and Sehun blushed madly.

“T-thanks”

“Can we eat now? I’m hungry” Tao said lazily, resting his chin on Lay’s shoulder. His eyes were half open, looking tired as his shoulder slump down.

Suho chuckled “Okay, Naeun must be hungry too since she’s also practicing for the cheerleading” Naeun nodded as Kai kissed her on top of her head.

“So, who wants to join” D.O asked and everyone except Eunji and Baekhyun raised their hands. “Uh…why?”

“I have a lot of homework to be done” Eunji told

“But we don’t have any home—“ Bomi was cut off

“Have fun, I’m not going” With that, she left the hall, leaving everyone in confusion. After she was out of sight, their attention was now on Baekhyun who stood in the middle awkwardly.

“I..uh better get going now” He said quickly and dashed towards the exit before anyone could ask him question.

“What the…” Tao’s jaw dropped

“Let them be, let’s go now shall we” Chen told and clapped his hand twice

 

As Baekhyun’s exited the school’s basketball hall, his eyes immediately searching for one certain girl. A sigh of relief escaped his mouth as he saw her walking towards the school gate.

“Eunji wait up!!” He shouted and speed-walk towards her. Eunji was now faced with the panting Baekhyun who had his both hand on his knees “Hey, let’s go home together” He breathed

The girl didn’t answer and continued to walk away. Baekhyun took her silent as yes so he trailed behind her, afraid that he would her uncomfortable, knowing their current situation right now.

After 10 minutes of walking the finally arrived at home. No one dared to speak as silent lingered around them. Baekhyun was afraid that she would snap at him since it seemed like the silent satisfied her.

Both Eunji and Baekhyun entered the house and immediately made their way towards the kitchen. They were expecting Jung parents or MinKi to welcome them but no, instead covered plates a note welcomed them.

Eunji took the note and read it aloud “We will be home till tomorrow morning to visit your aunt. MinKi too and he will absent tomorrow. I’m sorry I didn’t inform you two earlier because it was so sudden. I prepared lunch so eat it with Baekhyun. Don’t fight and I hope you cook dinner too for both of you. Love you. Sincerely mom”

“What—“

“Let’s just eat now, I’m hungry” Baekhyun slide in his usual seat.

“You should have just join them eat just now” She rolled her eyes as she did the same.

“I have to do something more important to do” He shrugged

“Yeah right” She muttered, shoving a spoonful of rice into “I can’t believe mom left us alone” was Baekhyun heard before he too, ate.

 

Night came and Eunji was still in her room, finishing her homework for tomorrow. She didn’t usually took a long time to finish her homework since she was smart, but something—or someone namely Baekhyun suddenly came in her mind everytime she stop writing.

A few second she stopped writing, he would suddenly popped into her mind without her permission. It was just annoyed the hell out of her that she almost broke her pencil into pieced. She shook her head and tried to concentrate again.

“Concentrate Jung Eunji, concentrate” She chanted the words a few times, hitting her head lightly with the pen she’s holding for the nth time that night.

After an hour struggling with the homework, she finally finished it and packed her thing for tomorrow. Looking at the clock, -11.00 p.m- she let out a tired sigh before making her way to balcony.

“Rain” She mumbled and held out her hand to touch the cold liquid “I hope there’s no thunder tonight”

She hates thunder since she was a child. She never liked the loud sound of it created and the lightning that made your eyes almost gone blind, it scared her.

Suddenly, a loud thunder roared outside, causing her to drew the curtain and entered her room quickly.

Another thunder and she yelped, covering her palm with both palms and sat down on the floor beside her bed. A louder thunder roared again and she screamed in fear.

 

Baekhyun who was just finished his shower suddenly heard a loud scream from Eunji’s room. Without wasting anytime, he rushed towards her room and slammed the door opened.

“Eunji what—Eunji!” He sprinted towards the curling girl on the floor and touched her shoulder “Yah, are you okay?” He asked in concern but the girl didn’t answer and just lowered her head as low as possible into her knees.

ZAP!!

She screamed again and pressed the palms harder into her ears. Baekhyun looked out of the window and then to her, finally knowing the reason of her screams.

“It’s okay, it was just thunders” He convinced her. His eyes widened when he saw her body trembled uncontrollably. Worried, his arms hesitantly wrapped around her body and bring her closer.

“I’m here. You’re not alone” He whispered, caressing her hair with his left hand and rubbed her back soothingly with his right. He could felt her tears soaking his t-shirt as he continued to sooth her. 

Another loud thunder and that when Eunji hugged him back, wrapping her arms tightly around his waist and she buried her face into his chest. This is the first time he ever saw her being weak like this. It was as if the person in his arm was not Jung Eunji, but someone else.

Baekhyun hugged her tighter as a thunder roared again, resting his chin on her shoulder as he whispered something to calm her.

“Let’s get you in bed hm?” He felt her nodding and pulled her up gently. Her arms didn’t leave his waist as he tucked her in bed, causing him to lying on the bed with her.

Usually, it would always be her mom that accompanied her when rain poured, but unfortunately her mom wasn’t there so she was relieved when Baekhyun was there with her tonight. He was beside her when she needs someone.

Eunji snuggled closer towards Baekhyun when she heard another thunder, closing her eyes as she smelled his scene. Baekhyun was surprised by her action at first but then he response by tighten his arms around her.

“I look so stupid right now” He heard Eunji spoke “I don’t care if you want to mock me tomorrow. I just need someone tonight, just for tonight” She whispered at the last part, and Baekhyun could feel her his shirt at the back.

“You though I’m going to mock you?” He laughed softly, and Eunji raised her head to face him with raised eyebrow

“Why not, you’re annoying and all. You’re probably going to annoy the hell out of me”

“You’re an idiot Jung Eunji” Baekhyun chuckled and pulled her head back on his chest

“Now you’re saying I’m idiot. Thank you I guess”

“You don’t know the reason why I always teased and irritated you don’t you” He caressed her hair

“Is there a reason behind those? I thought it was natural since that is your personality” She said in sarcastic tone, and Baekhyun could imagine she was rolling her eyes right now.

“Jung Eunji” He called

“What?” She snapped casually and Baekhyun stared at the top of her head in disbelief

“Is this how you treat the person who helps you” He scoffed and flicked her arm that was wrapped around his waist. She hissed and glared up at him.

“What do you want?” She made a face

“Promise me something” Baekhyun pushed himself up, his back was now leaning against the headboard while Eunji’s head was still rested on his chest. She couldn’t let him go yet because the thunders were still there, as if wanting her to stay in that position till morning.

“About what?” She asked lazily, eyes were half close because of sleepiness. It was almost 12, of course she feel like sleeping.

“About the confession,” He stared and Eunji’s eyes automatically widened, forgetting about how sleepy she was at that moment “I want you…to not think about it” She could feel him gulping as his chest move “I was rushing…I guess…and you’re confuse with your own feeling, I want to apologized for that. I shouldn’t have confess when you don’t even know what love is”

“So you want me to forget about it?” She asked carefully, raising her head from his chest to gaze at him.

“No silly, just don’t think about it. Never questioned your own feeling for now, just act like how we used to treat each other before that confession. I want to start over” He told her. “Let’s… be friend?”

Eunji blinked twice. Did she hear it right? He wanted to be friend with her, like seriously. “Are you high?” She questioned

“I’m serious” He rolled his eyes “Doesn’t mean that when I be friend with you, I won’t forget about the confession. I will still asks you about your feeling and how do you feel whenever you’re with me”

“Are you saying you’re taking this chance to make me fall for you?” She asked in disbelief

“I never thought about it but oh well, thanks for telling” He grinned, earning a slap on the chest “That’s hurt” He hissed “Is this mean we are good now?”

No answer

“Yah Jung Eunji”

“I’m done with you, goodnight” Eunji freed herself from him and turned around to face the other direction, pulling her blanket up till her shoulder as she tried to close her eyes. Baekhyun chuckled seeing her cute action, he peeked on her face and tugged the blanket.

“Are you sure you don’t want to hug me while you sleep?” He asked, looking out of the window. The rain still poured heavily but the thunders seemed to stop now. But who knows, it could appeared anytime.

“You can go now. I fine by myself” She muttered, eyes were tightly shut to ignore him.

“You sure?”

“200% sure. So go to your room and stop disturbing me”

ZAAPP!!

Eunji scowled when she found herself hugging Baekhyun after the thunder roared again. Baekhyun bit his lower lip, trying to suppress his laughter.

“How can I go back to my room if you’re hugging me?” He teased

“Just stay here” She groaned

“But you said—“

“Just stay here and sleep with me damn it Byun Baekhyun!”