Twenty Six

You're Annoying !!

“Chorong unnie checked, Naeun unnie checked, Bomi unnie checked, Hayoungie checked, the only left is Eunji unnie and me …hmm”

Namjoo tap the pen she’s holding against her chin, thinking deeply as she stared at the paper with some names scrabbled. School ended but Suho have meeting about the school project with Chorong, so she have to wait till he done with Lay in the library. Lay was kind enough to help Suho took care of her little sister while he was working on his homework, leaving Namjoo alone across him in her deep though.

“Oppa when will I be able to be your girlfriend?” She asked straightforwardly after she looked up from the paper, stopping Lay from doing his work.

Lay looked up and smiled “Why?”

“All of my friends except Eunji unnie already have boyfriend, don’t you think I need one too?” Namjoo pouted, resting her chin on the edge of her palm.

“How about you focus on your study first?” Lay grinned. Namjoo tilted her head as she was thinking and looked back at him, frowning.

“I want a boyfriend, even Hayoung got one. I felt left out”

“Eunji doesn’t have one yet too” He casually answered as he continued his homework

“But Eunji unnie doesn’t have anyone she likes, while I have someone in mind” The grinned that plastered on her face was enough for him to know that someone. It was him, obviously.

“Why are you rushing?” Lay finally shut his book, he knew talking to Namjoo won’t make him concentrate on his works.

“Because I don’t want anyone to take oppa from me” She whined

“Why would someone take me away from you?” He cocked his head to the side in teasing manner.

“Because I like you…” Namjoo exclaimed “…A lot”

Lay just smiled

“Oppa answer me” She frowned “What should I do to make you my boyfriend?”

“Tell me Joo…” He leaned his body as he placed his crossed arms on the table “…why do you like me so much? Is it because I’m being nice to you? Is it because you always see me around because I’m with Suho? Is it because I’m handsome? I’m not as perfect as you see Joo, I’m forgetful, I’m naïve, I have a lot of flaws so why Joo… why do you like me”

A few minutes of silent were only for them staring at each other without uttering a word. Lay was really curious why his best friend’s little sister likes him so much. Everything she did was to impress him instead of doing it for herself. Namjoo on the other hand was thinking whether he doubt her for liking him. Why was he asking the reason of her liking him?

Lay expected a long like speech answer when he saw she parted her lips, ready to speak. But Namjoo just simply asked back.

“Does liking someone need reasons?” Namjoo blinked innocently

Lay stared back with eyes widened

“I really do not know the reason to like you. I was already attracted to you the first time I meet you. Suho oppa never introduce me to you after he be friend with you but I found you interesting, so I decided to found out about you myself” She smiled

“I did notice your flaws oppa, but I thought it was cute. You’re sometime forgetful and clueless, it was adorable. Don’t you think?”

Lay could see the sincerity in her words. He had known Namjoo for over a year through Suho but they rarely talked with each other until he was offering to be her tutor. Namjoo was indeed a cheerful girl, not actually his type but he was amused how the girl could make him smiled whenever he was with her.

“Namjoo” He called and he heard a soft hummed as response “How about you get A+ on you English subject and I will surely accept your proposal”

Namjoo eyes widened twice its size. Is he serious? English was always her forever-favorite subject and she never got less than 90 for sure, even how hard the exam is, she will always get the highest mark in her class for the subject. And the thing is, Lay knew about it.

Is he really gonna accept her to be his girlfriend. Does this mean he liked her back?

“Deal!” She beamed “I will work hard on the final exam and make you mine”

“Great. Good luck then” Lay laugh softly, leaning his body forward to ruffled her hair.

 

After a long shower, Baekhyun decided to go downstairs for lunch. He didn’t call Eunji because he had heard her door open just now, obviously in the kitchen already.

As soon as his feet step into the kitchen, he saw her back at the counter kitchen, looking like she was in deep though. Opening the freezer, he asked her “What are you doing?”

He could see her flinched a bit at his voice, she turned around and said “I want to bake a cake” while he was gulping down the cold water down his throat.

“For what?”

“MinKi won the final round of the soccer match. So I want to make a cake to celebrate it” She answered and pulled out her phone from her pocket jean.

“Why don’t you just buy one?”

“No”

Hearing her answer, he just nodded instead of asking any more question. He walked to her and peeked on her phone, questioning to himself what she was up to. There were list of cakes’ flavors so Baekhyun was assuming that she was confused on what flavor to make for her little brother.

“What about chocolate? Minki loves chocolates right?” He suggested and Eunji looked up at him in surprise, probably didn’t notice his present beside her.

“I guess”

“Let’s just make chocolate, you know MinKi never being picky about food” Living with them for almost two month was enough to acknowledge the boy’s favorite food and activities. After all, Baekhyun spent most of his time at home with him. 

“Okay” She nodded in agreement

“Great let’s start now” Baekhyun was about to grab one of the apron hanging on the wall her voice stopped him.

“Let’s? You’re going to bake too?”

“Of course, since I don’t have a present to give him. Let’s just make the cake together” He grinned and finally tied the lace around his waist.

Two hours was not enough for them to finish the cake, because they kept bickering about how the size of the cake should be and yada yada yada.

“You put too much chocolate!”

“MinKi won’t like it this way”

“Eunji shut up, I’m trying to put the cherry”

“No, you ruined the cake”

Sigh

“Done!” Baekhyun beamed, satisfied with their works –even it’s take an hour to just decorate the cake. He looked over at Eunji who was washing the mess on the kitchen counter and smirked. He dipped his finger into the remaining icing the made and tip-toed behind her, hiding the finger which had icing behind his back.

“Eunji” He called. She turned around without knowing anything and before she knew it, the icing was swiped on her nose. Eunji yelped in surprised and heard Baekhyun’s laugh.

“You” She glared, wiping the icing with the back of her hand. “I’ll get you”

With that, they spent another half an hour running around the spacious kitchen to play ‘Icing war’. They wouldn’t stop if there’s no one shouting

“WHAT HAVE YOU TWO DONE?!”

They completely freeze at the familiar voice, turning their head hesitantly to the kitchen entrance, only to gulp when they saw Mrs. Jung unpleasant face. Hands on hips and anger was shown on her face.

Dead

 

Both Baekhyun and Eunji were forced to take dinner outside after the mess they made. Even after they reasoned about baking a cake for MinKi, she won’t gave pity because they should’ve have cleaned the mess instead of playing around with the icing and flour.

By now, they were in the convenience store with each ramen in front of them, waiting it to be cooled off. After haven’t eaten lunch, they only craved for ramen at the nearby store. Baekhyun promised that he will pay since he was the one who started the war, but Eunji still gave him cold shoulder which made Baekhyun sad.

Without a word, they started eating. Only the sounds of slurping and sipping were heard at the table. No one uttered a word or wanted to start any. It only took less than 5 minutes for Baekhyun to finish a bowl because he was too hungry. Can’t blame him though, he didn’t even take lunch. Baekhyun was not surprised when Eunji also finished her ramen after he gets his third ramen, only to buy another ramen soon after. He just kept silent.

After finishing three of bowl of ramen each, they were satisfied with their full stomach. But no one decided to go home yet because they knew the woman in the house was still mad at them for running her kitchen. A minutes of silent before Baekhyun stood up to entered the convenience store once again, and brought couples of junk food.

Eunji wordlessly snatch one of it from him and opened it rather harshly. Baekhyun didn’t mind her and took his seat -which is across her and mimicked her action.

A minute of silent was interrupted by something-or someone approaching their table. Both looked up only to meet with a stranger- a girl- smiling down at them –or to be exact Baekhyun.

“Hi” She greeted. None of them greeted her back as Eunji raised an eyebrow while Baekhyun emotionlessly looked at her.

“Uhm… I’m Nam Eun” She introduced herself as she plastered a shy smile.

‘Sounds like Ramyeon though’. Eunji though

“Hi?” Eunji unsurely greeted back. The girl -which name is Nam Eunji smiled at her.

“I was wondering if I can sit here. There’s no table left” Both Baekhyun and Eunji looked around. She lied, there was two more table left.

Without pointing that out, Eunji just nodded. The girl squealed ‘thank you’ before taking the seat beside Baekhyun.

“I know this is personal but can I ask you something?” Eunji nodded her head while Baekhyun enjoyed the junk food, not minding the stranger at all.

“Is he your boyfriend?” Nam Eun looked at Baekhyun, who stiffed on his seat when he was being mentioned, plus to be labeled as Eunji’s boyfriend.

“Boyfriend?” Eunji blinked “You mean him?” then pointed at Baekhyun. The girl nodded and Eunji scoffed in response.

“No way” and continue to enjoy the junk food.

“Really?” Eunji swore she could see happiness in her eyes, but she simply ignored her. Nam Eunji turned to look at Baekhyun “You’re not her boyfriend?”

“Uh…” Baekhyun’s tongue was tied. He didn’t want to make Eunji mad at him anymore by saying he is her boyfriend. He knew what this Nam Eun girl was trying to do. He didn’t have the mood to be flirted right now since his mind was only full of ‘How to make Eunji not mad at him anymore’.

“I—“

“Can I have your number?” Her straightforwardness caused Eunji to choke on her food and Baekhyun’s eyes to wide.

“W-what?” Baekhyun stammered

“Your number, can I have it?” She repeated but this time she reached out her palms in front of him.

Typical girl, Eunji though and rolled her eyes.

Feeling like she was being a third wheel, she finally stood up and threw the bowls of ramen-including his into the bin. After making sure nothing left out, she walked away, leaving him and the girl in the same position. But somehow, the scene made her heart clutched unknowingly.

What was this feeling? She thought as she placed a palm on her chest and fisted the clothes she wore.

She thought he was walking alone to home that night because Baekhyun wasn’t coming after her.

Probably flirting,tch.

It’s not that she mind…right?

“Eunji wait!” She heard his voice and stopped on her track. She watched as he speed-walked beside her and panted “Why did you leave me alone there?”

She blinked in confusion “Why are you not with that girl?” she questioned, earning a light knock on the head from the latter.

“Stupid. Why would I?”

“She asked your number though” She started walking and he followed

“Just because she asks for my number, I have to stay with her?” Baekhyun raised an eyebrow

“I don’t…know?”

Baekhyun stopped walking and Eunji did the same, questioning him with her furrowed eyebrows

“Aren’t you jealous?”

Eunji blinked twice.

“Jung Eunji answer me”

“If there’s an unpleasant feeling when I see you with random girls, it is called jealousy?” Eunji asked innocently causing Baekhyun to chuckle. Instead of answering, he pulled her into his arms and hugged her close. Surprisingly, the girl didn’t push him or yelled at him for that and he was glad of that. Even though she didn’t hug him back, he could felt her head leaning closer towards his chest, as if asking him to tighten the hug, so he did.

“Baekhyun”

“Hm?”

“Don’t look at other girls”