Twenty

You're Annoying !!

Park Chorong was aware that Luhan tried to ignore her these past few days. It was obvious that Luhan wanted to get away from her since the day after the incident. She was not stupid to think that he busy like he always pretended to.

There was a day when she wanted to approach him but he walked away before she could call him. He would avoid from looking at her and Chorong would the only one who stared at him. Somehow, it bothered her to know that he wanted to get away from her. He made her confuse.

It was not the Luhan she knew, the one who would always whenever they meet and visit her at the student counsil room during recess. Chorong was trying to ignore the uncomfortable feeling inside her but after he kept getting away from her, she became fed up.

She was determined to know the reason why he ignored her so she decided to meet him. By now, she was in front of the male changing room to wait for the soccer team to come out. Her back leaned against the wall near the door as she patiently waiting.

It’s not like she wanted his attention, she just wanted to know why he ignored her. It was somehow making her felt sad. 

The sound of click snapped her out of her thought. She turned around and pushed herself from the wall. The first one to come out is a junior and he respectfully bowed at her. Chorong bowed back and soon, one by one the soccer players came out as they plastered teasing smiles on their faces when they saw Chorong.

Xiumin stopped abruptly as soon as he saw her.

“Oh hi!” He greeted.

“Hi” She smiled and bowed her head since he is her senior.

“What makes you here?” He asked innocently. Chorong bit her lower lip as she glanced at the door.

“Uhm…is Luhan here?”

“Luhan?” Xiumin blinked his eyes. It was rare to see her searched for Luhan. “No, he’s not here. I think he’s with Lay and Kris right now”

“Do you know where?”

Xiumin shrugged nonchalantly “I have no idea. They didn’t tell me anything” Chorong sighed in disappointment as she palmed her face. Xiumin noticed the disappointment on her face but he ignored it.

Actually Xiumin knew where Luhan is but he won’t tell her because Luhan told him to. He didn’t mean to lie but somehow Luhan managed to make him agree on his plan. It was stupid-Xiumin though- that Luhan was trying to ignore her just because she said she kept missing the guy on her past. It was stupid that Luhan wanted to give up on her.

“Sorry to disturb you sunbae. Thanks anyway” She bowed and left him. Xiumin watched her walking away with her shoulders slump down. He felt bad but he could do nothing about it. Part of him wanted to help her but another part of him wanted to help Luhan and supported everything that his friend wanted to do.  

The door of the changing room opened once again and Luhan’s figure was shown. “Did she gone?” He asked and Xiumin nodded.

“She’s gone”

“Great” Luhan sighed and was about to enter the changing room but Xiumin held his arm.

“Luhan are you sure about this?” He asked quickly.

Luhan stared at his friend “I have made that choice Min”

“But Luhan it had been three days she searched for you”

“You know I have to do this” Luhan removed Xiumin’s hand from his arm “I have… no scratch that… I need to forget her”

“What will you do if she falls for you?”

“Impossible Xiumin, she won’t. She can’t even forget that guy yet” Luhan shook his head and entered the room. Xiumin followed behind him.

“You won’t know. Then why she kept searching for you nonstop these past few days. There must be something important she wants to say”

“Xiumin stop giving me hope” Luhan snapped

“I don’t” Xiumin started to raise his voice “Can’t you think for once why… why she wanted to see you that bad” He whispered at the last sentence, looking into his friend’s eyes desperately

“She must want to know why I ignore her. Nothing more” Luhan looked away from Xiumin as he clenched his fist.

“No Luhan” Xiumin shook his head

 “I can see it in her eyes. There’s a lot she wants to say. She won’t tried this hard only to know the reason for your ignorant. You knew better how Chorong is didn’t you? Give her a chance. I beg you not to give up on her. She needs you Luhan. Even she doesn’t know it, but you knew she needs you. She needs someone to lean on. I believe from the start only you can change her”

“Xiumin no—“

“Luhan please, this is not the Luhan I used to be friend with. The Luhan I knew is determined. He will get what he wants, no matter what it takes him. He’s willing to get dumped hundreds times by the girl he loves. And now, he wants to give up on her? Where’s the old Luhan? Where’s my friend?”

Xiumin sighed, patting his friend’s shoulder “I want you to think about it again Han, don’t rush your decision becase you will regret it later” With that he stood up and exited the room.

Luhan swallowed hard at Xiumin’s last sentence.

 

Xiumin is right-he though. Where’s the old him? He wasn’t being himself. He gave up easily on Chorong just because she desperately said she missed the guy on her past. How can he give up on the girl he loves since the second year? He knew he was going to regret it if he let her go but he still want to do it. He was stupid.. indeed.

Luhan hates regretting. That’s why he’s a determined person. He wants to get what he wants because he didn’t want to regret it later. He knew he Chorong could open up to him one day. That was why he never gave up. But after that night, when Chorong cried uncontrollably in his embrace, he felt like there would be no chance for him. Even after that guy meet Chorong and acted like nothing happened between them, she still cried for him.

She cried for someone who had hurt her in the past. First loves are really hard to forget. What about him then? Chorong is his first love. He maybe couldn’t easily forget her even if he wants to. Of course he knew that. Although she pushed him away countless time, Luhan still wants her, no matter what. He didn’t want to lose her. Luhan gets what he wants because he hates regretting.

So that’s why, right now he was furiously turning his head to the and left, searching for the one special person in his mind. He didn’t want Chorong to be the biggest regret in his life. She was the thing he most wanted. Only her.

When Luhan had found her in the green house, he stormed towards her, turning her around and without a word, he crashed his lips on her.

Chorong was shocked-of course. She was spending her time alone in the school greenhouse, crying. Yes she cried, but this time it was not because of the guy on her, instead it was because of the guy on her present, Luhan. She didn’t know why but it’s hurt so much to know that he ignored her. She just realized it just now, about her feeling, the uncomfortable feeling these past few days and mostly her heart.

It was confirmed that she fell for Luhan because her heart was pounding hard when he kissed her. It amazed her how her heart could beat so fast while he was with her right now. But she like it, the feeling made her relax.

A tear flowed down her cheek and Luhan noticed it when his thumbs were rubbing her cheeks. Luhan opened his eyes and was about to pulled away when Chorong wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him towards her. She didn’t close her eyes during the kiss so both of them stared each other. Both know what this means.

Luhan and Chorong smiled during the kiss. She pulled away first but her arms still on his shoulder. Luhan pecked her nose and cupped her face to look up at him. 

“I’m sorry” He started

“Did I do something wrong? I’m sorry if I—“

“No you did nothing, I’m sorry I ignored you. It was my fault” He said and pulled her into his embrace. Chorong pulled away and kissed his chin.

“I hate being ignored you know” She pouted

“I know, and I’m so sorry” With the last apologize, he brought up her head towards him and kissed her lips softly. Chorong replied the kiss without hesitated as she smiled into the kiss.


 “I never knew you could draw” A voice interrupted made her jolted in surprise. She turned around abruptly only to see Kai grinning playfully at her.

“Jongin! Don’t do that again!” She whined, slapping his chest softly as she frowned. Kai could only laughed and hold her hand.

“Sorry sorry” He apologized and ruffled her hair before sitting beside her on the bench.

“What were you doing?” He asked, peeking on the drawing book she hold while she was busy sketching something on the white paper.

“Can’t you see I’m drawing” Naeun snapped at him but he didn’t taken aback by it as he knew she was still mad for making her shock. Kai chuckled again and watched her drawing.

“It’s nice” He commented. Naeun nodded her head and pointed at the birds on the three.

“I’m drawing those birds –ah they fly away” Naeun whined again. “This is your fault” She scoffed

“Hey, why do I have to do with the birds flying away?” Kai defended himself as he raised both hands up.

“They won’t fly away if you didn’t come” She stated and Kai chocked in disbelief.

“I didn’t even shoo the birds away. How could you blame it on me” Kai muttered as he narrowed his eyes at her.

“Still, now I have nothing to draw” She furrowed her eyebrow and glared at Kai.

“Instead of drawing the birds which didn’t stay still while you draw them, how about you draw me? I’m more handsome and I’ll stay still”

“No” She immediately refused

“Why?” Kai raised an eyebrow

“Just no” She stuck out her tongue at him before packing her things.

“At least let me see your drawing”

“NO!” She yelled when he was about to touch the drawing book she left on the bench. Kai was shock by her voice and immediately pulled back his hand.

“You surprised me” He huffed

“Sorry. Just –don’t see it” She snatched the drawing book and shoved it into her bag

“Not even a glance?” Kai blinked

“No”

“Why?”

“It’s ugly”

“But I saw the birds one, it’s amazing” Naeun stayed silent as she looked away from his eyes. Kai noticed her eyes moving everywhere except on him. It was like she was being nervous. “You okay?” He asked carefully

“I-I’m okay” She stuttered and slung the strap of her bag over her shoulder “See you in class” With that, she rushed away, leaving Kai alone in confusion.

 

“Come on, let me see it just once” Kai was currently walking backwards in front of Naeun as the girl walked towards their class.

“Which part of ‘no’ you didn’t understand” Naeun rolled her eyes. Kai insisted on seeing her drawing because of his curiosity. Naeun seemed like she hid something from him so he wanted to find out.

“But I’m your friend. Why I can’t see it?” He frowned, turned his body around and walked beside her this time.

“I never show my drawing book to anyone. Not even my closest friend”

“Not even your parents?”

“Not even my parent”

“Your girl friends?”

“Not even them”

“Okay fine” He stopped and Naeun did the same “I will not force you. But I’m telling you, if I ever got the chance, I will definitely see it”

“You can’t—“

“Don’t say that I can’t take someone property because whatever you said, I will still do it. I warned you so take care of that drawing book of yours before I get the chance. Understood?” Kai lowered his back so that he was eye level with her as his finger pointed dangerously at eyes. “You got me?”

Too speechless to say answer, she just could nod her head hesitantly. Kai smirked in satisfaction as he ruffled her hair “Good girl”

 

“It’s not here!” Naeun shrieked as she stood up from her seat

“What is not here?” Bomi blinked the younger as she munched her food.

“My drawing!”

“What drawing?” Bomi dumbly asked

“Unnie, my drawing book is missing” Naeun hissed

“Where did you put it?” Chorong asked her calmly

“In my bag but I took it out in class just now”

“And then?” Eunji raised an eyebrow.

“No it can’t be, I—I’m sure I put it back”

“You don’t sound like you’re sure, unnie” Hayoung worriedly stared at Naeun.

“Damn!” Naeun smacked her head as she remembered something. It was truth that she put it back in her bag but then, she took it out again because she decided just to hold it later instead of putting it in bag. But she completely forgot about it when Namjoo called her for recess.

“I need to go to class now”

 

Kai was packing his thing to go recess when he saw a familiar book on Naeun’s table. He narrowed his eyes at the thing and finally widened his eyes when he saw the same book as Naeun’s.

“It really hers” He mumbled as he flipped the page that he saw earlier.

“Yah, let’s go now” Sehun tapped his shoulder.

Kai shook his head “You go first. I’ll catch up later”

“Suit yourself” Sehun shrugged before exiting the classroom, leaving Kai alone in the class with the drawing book.

After Sehun was gone, he flipped another page and saw a sketch of a swan. “Amazing” He commented as he touch the drawing. “She’s so talented”

Pages by pages amazed him with just simple sketches. Kai never knew Naeun could draw so well. He just saw her as a smarty in class. Now he knew why Naeun never felt asleep in class, it was because she was drawing while the teachers were teaching.

He was smiling all the times when he saw her drawing but then, a page-the last page of the drawing book made his smile faded. It was a boy’s side view, thick lips, sharp jaw line and messy hair that slightly covered his eyes. It’s him. Kai was sure it’s him, grinning while tilting her head upwards like he was staring up the sky.

What shocked him were the words written next to the drawing…

Naeun x Jongin = Love

Kai found the answer. So that was why she didn’t want to show the drawing to him…no scratch that, to ANYONE. Naeun hid her secret here, in her drawing book.

 Suddenly the door of the classroom was slammed opened. Kai looked up only to see Naeun panting hardly at the doorframe. Her eyes widened and there was a sweat rolling down her neck.

She calmed herself by taking a deep breath and entered the classroom. Her eyes didn’t left Kai’s as she approached him.

“You saw it” She stated. There was nothing to deny once he saw it. It was obvious and she thought herself stupid for drawing it.

“You like me” He said directly once she stopped in front of him. They stared at each other for a long time until Naeun looked away first.

“Can’t I… like you?” She asked quietly. Kai was amused because she tried nothing to do deny it.

“What makes you think that?” He chuckled as he cocked his head to side.

“Maybe there’s someone you like”

“I have one” He told causing Naeun’s eyes widened. She could hear it cracking and was about to break into pieces. “She’s pretty, she’s tall, she’s smart and she’s nice”

“Oh” Was the only word Naeun could reply. She wanted to hit him for making her heart hurt. What was his propose telling her about the girl he likes? Is he—

“Nu-uh, you missed the last fact about her”

“What?” She snapped. She wanted to quickly leave the room so that she could cry her heart out in the toilet where no one could find her. Maybe digging a hole and live there forever is a better idea.

“She’s standing in front of me” He grinned. Naeun blinked her eyes rapidly as she needed time to process what he said.

“You—“

“I like you too Son Naeun”

Naeun’s lips started to curve upwards into a smile. There, no hug, no kiss, no skinship, just genuine smiles as they stared at each other.   


Updated ^^

This time I update on time. Hoho. Two couples in a chapter finally have their happy ending. Sorry if it too sudden but I really want to finish this story so that it wouldn't be a burden to update my other story. I hope you like it though ^^

Enjoy reading, thank for subcribing, voting and please comment after you read. I really want to know your though.