Twenty Five

You're Annoying !!

“Birthday party?” Kris blinked at the invitation card in his hand. It wrote

You’re invited to our one and only daughter Oh Hayoung’s 17th birthday party!

Above that was an address and the time with big number 17.

Hayoung nodded timidly and looked down on her fingers shyly. Tomorrow will be her 17th birthday so rather than inviting her closest friends only, her father wanted her to invite all of her batch. But since she got new friend which is EXO, she wanted to invite them to the party too.

“Yay food!” Bomi cheered and Chanyeol lightly hit her temple with his knuckles

“Can you not think about food for once” The boyfriend shook his head

“But Hayoung’s cooks make delicious food you know” Bomi giggled dreamily just the thought of food come into her mind.

“It’s okay if few of you can’t come. It’s just a birthday party anyway” Hayoung smiled bitterly

“What do you mean? It’s your 17th birthday so it must be special. We will surely come” Xiumin told her and Suho nodded in agreement

“Thank you” Hayoung smiled and glanced at Sehun expressionless face

“Are you going to come, sunbae?”

Sehun blinked rapidly before he noticed everyone’s eyes were on him, waiting for his answer.

He cleared his throat before answering “I’m not sure. I’ll make time for the party, maybe” He shrugged nonchalantly. Hayoung gave him a smile causing him to fluster.

Both Kai and Naeun who sat on his right snickered silently.

Eunji was in deep though when Baekhyun looked at her. He nudged her side that made her snapped from her though. She looked up at him and raised an eyebrow in question

“What with that face? Planning on not going?” Baekhyun teased. Eunji rolled her eyes and he lazily shifted her eyes towards Hayoung.

“Yah maknae” She called and Hayoung turned her head towards her in question “It’s a formal party again am I right?”

Hayoung nodded

“And I have to find a dress to go there?”

Hayoung hesitantly nodded again

Eunji groaned “Why your dad always make it formal”

“We can go shopping later if you want unnie” Namjoo offered

“No!” Eunji immediately disagreed “No, at least not with you. I’m not going to waste my energy with you, shopping for hours for just one dress”

Namjoo pouted and muttered “Meanie” Lay patted her head in comfort  

“You can borrow mine if you want” Bomi beamed

“Just to remind you, Yoon Bomi, you don’t even have a dress yourself. I bet if you do, it were placed who-know where and were all ripped because of you clumsiness”

“Oh right” Bomi nodded in realization, the snapped her head towards Chanyeol “Oppa lets go shopping later” She cried out in panic

“I’m sorry that you have to wear formal attire again unnie” Hayoung said apologetically, feeling bad. Knowing Jung Eunji for almost 2 years now, the youngest know well how Eunji was always uncomfortable wearing dresses and skirts since it was never her style.

“This is nothing to be sorry about. I’ll just wear what I have in closet” Eunji sighed

“I can’t wait for tomorrow night, I got to see the Jung Eunji wears dress for the first time” Chen teased, causing salad to almost land on his handsome face.

“Well, you should really anticipate that because she’s so damn gorgeous in it” Chorong told the boys and the girls nodded in agreement

“Unnie!”

But Chorong chose to ignore the younger and tell them more about her wearing a dress and the details about the party. Baekhyun’s ears were focusing on Chorong since the topic is about Eunji, but his eyes seemed to focus on the already-embarrassed girl beside him. He chuckled as he heard her whimpered and muttered something he couldn’t reach.

As Chen said, Baekhyun also couldn’t wait for tomorrow night to see the girl in dress. Will she be as gorgeous as Chorong had mentioned.

Of course, because he already imagining it in his mind.

 

Chorong’s words were never a lie. An angel—or Eunji was walking down the stairs carefully as she not wanted to trip on her own feet with the high heels she (was forced to) wear.

Baekhyun was waiting for her to come down -as if a groom waiting for his bride to reach him, he reached out his hand, offering her to hold it when he saw how difficult it is for her to walk with the heels or rather hell.

Eunji hesitantly hold his hand as she made the last step on the stair, it took longer than she expected to only step down the stairs. She was scanning him up and down as it was her first time seeing him in a suit, pulled up hair and eyeliner? Well she couldn’t argue if it made him looks hot…

Wait, what?!

Not wanting to look like a ert by checking every details of him, she turned towards her giggling mother and complaints about this and that.

Baekhyun stared at her while Eunji was whining about how uncomfortable the dress is and how the heels are killing her legs to her mother. If only Baekhyun could stop the time, he would never get bored staring at the girl in front of him. She only put a light make-up and her hair was slightly curly, even it was only a slight transformation of her, it could make his heart beats fast.

“Baekhyun let’s go” Her voice snapped him out of his thought. He noticed how her cheeks turned pink and was wondering if she saw him staring at her.

“Uhm” With that, he leads her to the car Mr. Jung lent him. Opening the door for her, Eunji stepped in the car while Baekhyun helping her with the dress.

Eunji was fastened the seatbelt when she heard Baekhyun spoke “You are beautiful…” She turned her head towards him “…as always” He smiled and Eunji flustered before stuttering

“Just drive”

 

Sehun happened to be the first one to arrive at the party among the EXO boys. He cursed himself for being too excited and giddy. He turned around to wait for the boys outside when a familiar, seducing voice called his name.

He turned around slowly to be greeted by a breath-taking Hayoung with a pink dress. It was enough to make his eyes went wide twice its size and his breath to stop for a moment. Oh Sehun needs oxygen, oh god.

“Sehun sunbae” Hayoung smiled as she was already in front of him, without him noticing because he was too immersed with her beauty.

“H-hi” He greeted awkwardly, raising his right hand to wave.

“Hello” She greeted cheerfully

“Uhm…happy birthday, I guess” Sehun rubbed the back of his neck shyly “You look pretty tonight” He cleared his throat as looked away to avoid her eyes –or hiding his blushing face.

“Thank you and I’m glad you come, sunbae” Hayoung beamed. Without a warning, she grabbed his right arms and dragged him somewhere. Sehun was completely flustered at her action and followed her led as if he had been hypnotized.

Sehun was not aware where she wanted to drag him but after he saw a middle age couple chatting among themselves at the stairs, he was so sure that they are her parents.

“Mom! Dad!” Hayoung approached them, with her arms still linked around his right arm. Both stopped talking and turned their head towards their daughter.

“Hayoung dear” The middle aged man with short hair chuckled “I see you bring a friend”

Sehun bowed respectfully “Hello, I’m Oh Sehun”

“’Oh’ too?” This the middle age woman laughed

“Your name sound familiar though” Hayoung’s father tilted her head as he was in deep though

“You know him yeobo?” Hayoung’s mother asked him, the middle aged man didn’t answer for nearly a minute when his face suddenly brightened up.

 “Oh! I got it. You’re HanBin’s son. Your father is Oh HanBin, am I right?” This time Hayoung’s father guessed and it surprised Sehun since he knew his dad. The way he said the name was like they have known each other well.

“Yeah, how do you know…my father?” Sehun blinked in confusion

“So you’re really the Oh Sehun HanBin talked about. I’m your father’s bestfriend and was also his neighbor before I moved out in Japan during high school. We meet again after three years and he told me about his only son, which is you. It’s great to meet you here especially you happened to be one of my daughter’s boyfriend?”

“A-ah, I’m not her boyfriend” Sehun immediately waved his hand in front of his face, denying the misunderstanding so Hayoung wouldn’t feel uncomfortable.

“You’re not? Well, that’s disappointing though” Hayoung’s father chuckled and Sehun’s blushed hard

“Dad!” Hayoung whined and gave an apologetically look at Sehun who only smile reassuringly in response.

“Kidding birthday girl, now go lead your friend somewhere. He must be bored” The man chuckled and ruffled his daughter’s hair. Hayoung slapped his hand away and muttered ‘you ruin my hair’

Sehun smiled at the scene since he never saw Hayoung so pouty and whiny before. She always the elegant, diligent and smart girl he knew in school.

“Come on sunbae, let’s wait for the others outside” Hayoung beamed and Sehun nodded obediently as he let her dragged him again.

 

Before he knew it, Sehun was in a bad good after he saw Kris and Zelo having a good chat with the birthday girl at one of the table. He was left alone with his apple juice in his hand, all pouty and…

Frustrated.

“What with the long face maknae?” Luhan approached him from behind with Chorong in his arms.

“Leave me alone” Sehun grumbled, turning away to ignore the elder. The couple chuckled as they noticed the source of his mood swing.

“How about you go there instead of standing here, all grumpy like a grandfather who is waiting for the death to come” Luhan snickered, earning a sharp glare from the maknae.

Chorong nudged his side “That’s cruel” She turned towards Sehun and smiled “Want noona to help you? We can go together if you want” She asked like a mother asking her child to sleep.

“How you know anyway? I didn’t even tell anyone about this?” Sehun frowned in dissatisfaction, slightly irritated that they knew his secret –plus his hyungs are so damn a tease.

“Well, it’s easy to read the eyes of someone who fell in love” Luhan grinned and Chorong nudged his side again but this time, harder.

“The boys knew from MinKi. You know Sehun, let’s become manly for once and try to approach first instead being a coward”

“I’m not a coward” Sehun muttered with narrowed eye.

“Really then show us then. I know you’re afraid of rejection Sehun, but it worth trying right. At least you got to release the feeling you’ve hiding all those time” Chorong moved closer to patted his arms

“I’m afraid it will be awkward after the rejection” Sehun pouted

“I know how Hayoung is Sehuna, she’s a friendly girl. Hayoung is a popular girl who always got those confession like you got too but she treat them the same even after she rejected them. Believe me” Chorong convinced him. She backed away when he sighed with head lowered down.

“I…will try” He said hesitantly, glancing at the girl who was left alone on the table to enjoy her meal.

 

“You can stop staring now” Eunji said without looking at Chen, who had his elbow propped up on the table and chin on his palm.

“How can I stop staring when there’s an angel sitting in front me, looking so dazzling and y” Chen cooed dreamily, placing his cheek on the palm so that he could tilt his head.

“Stop being a ert!” Xiumin smacked the back of the younger’s head. Everyone at the table shook his head while Eunji glared at the in-pain boy.

“Try being a girl for once and you will know how it fell to wear such a revealing dress at night while staying in a place with air-conditioner for hours” Eunji retorted as she rolled her eyes. Something unexpected happened when she was about to say more about being-a-girl-for-once to Chen. Something warm was placed on her bared shoulder.

She looked up only to meet with Baekhyun’s soft eyes, which caused her to blush madly. The latter removed his hands from her shoulder after a few seconds before speaking.

“Keep it with you for awhile, I’m going to get food” He reasoned when the truth is he heard her conversation and decided to give his blazer to her.

Without waiting for her respond, he quietly walked over to where the food was served. Eunji couldn’t take her eyes off him if Chen didn’t purposely cough.

“I see someone is touched” Chen teased. Instead of being angry, she hid her blushing face by looking everywhere but him. Xiumin who was with them just blinked in confusion.

Feeling left alone, Xiumin stood up from his seat “I’m going to go find Lay, do you need anything?” He asked Eunji which he got a shaking head in response. Nodding, he left them alone at the table.

“So how is the progress?” Eunji turned to look at Chen, noticing that he had been staring at her from the start.

“What?”

“Baekhyun. Did he ask something about the confession?” Chen asked again.

“He doesn’t want me to think about it” She answered  

“So he wants to take back his confession?” Chen frowned, unhappy of his friend action

“No, it just for awhile though, he want us to become friend and he will ask me again about the confession” Eunji looked down to play with her fingers on her laps.

“I see, so he gave you some time” Chen finally plastered a small smile.

“Do you think…” She paused and Chen raised an eyebrow as he wait for her to continue. Eunji looked away “…I like him?”

“If you ask the question that is supposed to be answer by you, I won’t answer it. Say, if I answer yes, your mind will definitely say yes too. Conforming someone’s feeling is not for the observer to answer but it’s your own heart. Do you understand that?” Chen chuckled when he saw her blanked face, staring into his eyes without giving any response

“So…” She started, tilting her head a bit as she got the meaning “I have to confirm it on my own?” Chen laughed softly as she repeated the same words as he said in the library week ago, but he still nodded.

“Let’s not think about it too much or you will end up getting frust” The deep frowned she plastered on her face was enough to get Chen to panic.

 

It’s almost midnight so they decided to go home. Most people already left and some maids were cleaning up the mess.

“How did you get drunk ugh!”Chanyeol groaned as he tried to let Bomi stood on her own feet, but unfortunately the girl seemed so dizzy and wasn’t able to stood properly. The girls and EXO watched them in amusement.

If only Bomi wasn’t being too excited for food and not just grab anything she saw, she wouldn’t be in that state. She just gulped any drink she found because she said she wanted to try everything that was served. Ended up she drank a glass of beer that enough to make her drunk.

“Chanyeol…hehe…aww my baby looks so y tonight” Bomi reached out her hand to grab Chanyeol’s face but the taller leaned away to avoid it.

“Bomi stop!” He hissed as Bomi giggled in response.

“I think you should send her home now” Suho pointed out. Chanyeol nodded in agreement and slipped his arms under the girl’s back and the back of her knees before scoping her up into his arms. Bomi’s head lolled back as she saw stars.

“Channie channie” Bomi giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck for support

“I guess I will see you guys tomorrow. Hayoung I’m sorry for troubling you” Chanyeol smiled apologetically.

“No, it’s okay. This happened every year” Hayoung chuckled

“Happy birthday once again” Chanyeol nodded at everyone before he walked towards the car park.

“I can’t believe she got drunk again this year” Chorong shook her head in disappointment.

“Uhm… unnie, you got the same problem as Chanyeol” Namjoo told as she worriedly glanced at the sleepy Luhan who had one arms hang around her shoulder. His eyes were closed as he head hung low, looking tired and…drunk. She had an arms wrapped tightly around his waist so he won’t fall.

Unfortunately, the vice-president’s boyfriend also got drunk.

Chorong sighed as she brought the latter closer towards her body “I’m going to kill him once he got sober” She said thought gritted teeth,

Everyone shuddered

“I can help you” Xiumin offered

“That would be nice” She smiled. After they bid their goodbyes, both Chorong and Xiumin went to send Luhan home.

One by one bid their goodbyes to Hayoung as the girl waited patiently for those who were fetched by their driver. Chen and D.O who was fetched was already gone while Kai and Naeun already went home earlier during the party. Kim siblings with Lay while Tao with Kris, leaving the Eunji and Baekhyun bickering for a few minutes before the decided to go home.

Left alone the maknae Sehun

“Who’s going to fetch you sunbae?” Hayoung asked as she was with Sehun in front of the main door of her mansion.

“Uhm, I came alone” He answered shyly, 

“Car?”

“Yeah”

“You didn’t want to go home?” Hayoung looked at him in curious, since his friends also already went home, what’s the point of him staying.

“I…” He started, glancing up at Hayoung to meet with her innocent eyes. “…have something to tell you”

“What is it?” She sounded interest and hugged her body. It was obvious that she was cold since they were outside. Without second though, he slipped off his blazer and quickly placed it over her shoulder, buttoning one of the button so it would stay still.

“Thank you” She mumbled, slipping her arm through the sleeves. She looked up when she heard no response, only to meet with blushing face Sehun.

“Sunbae?”

“Hayoung I—“ He paused, realizing that unable to speak but Hayoung still wait for him patiently “I…like…”

Deep breath

“…You. Oh Hayoung I like you”

Finally

Sehun wished he wouldn’t say it after he saw her expression. Blank but not surprised. It was as if she knew it was coming. It was torturing him when she gave no response, instead she tilted her head and blinked innocently at him.

“It takes longer than I thought to hear that coming out from your mouth”

“I’m sorry—wait what?!” Sehun eyed widened “W-what do you mean?”

“Let’s say you’re being too obvious, stalking me every morning, staring at me during lunch and trying to be cool in front of me when you’re actually not. Oh and I remember another thing, the unreasonable glares you gave JunHong whenever you see him”

Everyone, Sehun’s jaw dropped

“Y-You knew?!” He exclaimed and Hayoung simply nodded in response.

“Quite obvious but I like it” She grinned and Sehun just stared at her, completely froze. Where should he hide his face right now? There’s no used because the girl he likes already knew what he was doing all these time and that was so embarrassing.

“I—“ Sehun was speechless

“I’m sorry sunbae”

“Huh?” Sehun saw her apologetic smile and he knew what came next.

Rejection.

Should he run away without hearing her explanation? Yes he should, so he turned away to run but a warm hand caught his wrist before he could make any step.

“Listen sunbae” She spoke in soft voice, knowing that he was sad so she tried to at least not hurt his feeling.

Sehun was on the verge to cry but he held it. His back was still facing her as he refused to face her. It was so embarrassing to the point he want to die. Hayoung didn’t let go of his wrist and decided to speak.

“I’m not rejecting you sunbae, because I like you too” Hayoung whispered the last part, but Sehun still could heard her, so he turned around to face her, eyes widened, lips parted.

“But” Hayoung continued which Sehun didn’t expect. His almost smiling face was turned into a frown, slightly uncomfortable with the ‘but’ thing.

Soon after, his lips curled up into a wide smile, pulling her into his embrace and buried his face into her soft brown hair. Finally, he let the tears that he had held fell.

“Please, stop glaring at JunHong”